GUILTY GA - Richard Vinson Merritt, 44, attorney, arrested for mom's murder, DeKalb Co., 5 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you everyone, it makes sense that maybe mom arranged the cousin to come

As for the articles the ex was quoted in, the minor children arent named, but he knows all their names anyway
Im frankly surprised she agreed to be interviewed. It’s like waving a red blanket at a bull

AHonestly RVM didnt hve that much of a head start, Bc the cousin called 911 immediately
And if they got a pic of him at that store, was there no pic from outside to confirm the car? “Believed to be driving”
I am hopeful they are onto his direction of travel from all the traffic cams out there

As for the articles the ex was quoted in, the minor children arent named, but he knows all their names anyway
Im frankly surprised she agreed to be interviewed. It’s like waving a red blanket at a bull
Unfortunately there are msm articles naming the children and their ages, where their mom works, etc.
Sounds like her life the last few years was hellish and he drained
the family financially dry. Can you imagine living with someone
like this and working yourself and trying to raise two children?
He really screwed up his life.

As you know, I'm local.
There wasn't alot of coverage in the local newspapers or tv until the murder of SM. There are so many "sensational" crimes in the metro area the reporters go on to the next story.

I think ex-wife did the interview to warm her friends, acquaintances, clients, etc., what is happening. I think that's why RM brother also agreed to an interview.

JMO

Def remember those two

Remember Brian Nichols, different scenario but crazy captivating

Stacey Ian Humphries murdered those realtors one subdivision away from us and they still caught him before he got to Canada

RVM can’t have that much money to be able to disappear

Def remember those two

Remember Brian Nichols, different scenario but crazy captivating

Stacey Ian Humphries murdered those realtors one subdivision away from us and they still caught him before he got to Canada

RVM can’t have that much money to be able to disappear

I bet he had a $$$stash someone was holding or he banked it under a different name. He may have several fake IDs...I've seen some GA. DL in thethe possess of under age kids and the fakes looked real.

I don't think cutting off the ankle bracelet, the the murder of RM mother, and "disappearing" were part of a hastily convicted plan.

Was RM living with his mother while out on Bail?

Off topic-- @soapmoma Brian Nichols. Forgot about him. Unbelievable ending.

JMO

I bet he had a $$$stash someone was holding or he banked it under a different name. He may have several fake IDs...I've seen some GA. DL in thethe possess of under age kids and the fakes looked real.

I don't think cutting off the ankle bracelet, the the murder of RM mother, and "disappearing" were part of a hastily convicted plan.

Yes, he was living with his mother at her home.
I don't believe he planned to kill her. I think she interfered with his planned getaway.
Mothers usually try to talk their son into doing the right thing. She was an impulse
killing, imo.
my comments are in the quote box.

He might have killed his mother when he demanded her car keys
or her debit card or something similar. When she refused or
fought with him, he decided she wasn't going to get in his way
of escaping. Also according to msm, he grabbed a steak knife off the kitchen counter
knife holder in his haste. MOO.

Off topic-- @soapmoma Brian Nichols. Forgot about him. Unbelievable ending.

JMO
There was a movie about him and that girl he took hostage in her apartment
His story broke my heart Bc I always felt he snapped and it was not his character. And once the die were cast, it was all over for him

Last edited:
He might have killed his mother when he demanded her car keys
or her debit card or something similar. When she refused or
fought with him, he decided she wasn't going to get in his way
of escaping. Also according to msm, he grabbed a steak knife off the kitchen counter
knife holder in his haste. MOO.

But SVM was found at the bottom of the basement stairs...

"A police report obtained by the Marietta Daily Journal said a cousin who drove to Stone Mountain from Alabama to take Richard Merritt to jail found Shirley Merritt’s body at the bottom of her basement stairs next to what appeared to be the handle of a steak knife. She had several stab wounds in her side, the report said."

So @enelram do you think RVM ambushed and stabbed his mother in the kitchen and pushed her down the stairs, OR RVM ambushed her in and murdered her in the basement?

Disbarred Georgia lawyer convicted of swindling clients now sought in mom’s slaying

JMO

But SVM was found at the bottom of the basement stairs...

"A police report obtained by the Marietta Daily Journal said a cousin who drove to Stone Mountain from Alabama to take Richard Merritt to jail found Shirley Merritt’s body at the bottom of her basement stairs next to what appeared to be the handle of a steak knife. She had several stab wounds in her side, the report said."

So @enelram do you think RVM ambushed and stabbed his mother in the kitchen and pushed her down the stairs, OR RVM ambushed her in and murdered her in the basement?

Disbarred Georgia lawyer convicted of swindling clients now sought in mom’s slaying

JMO
I don't know, just that one article made a point of mentioning
the knife block holder had matching steak knives as the one
used to kill her, and that one knife was missing from the block
on the kitchen counter. Maybe he chased her around before
catching her and stabbing her and she tried to get to the basement to get away from him. She could have fallen down the stairs and he stabbed her while she was down. Stab wounds
were on her side. Sorry for being descriptive but it was in msm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller
Back