Identified! GA - Richmond Co., UID remains found, Mar'07 - Karen Pryor

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The description is somewhat vague but so far it fits. Unfortunately, she had a past with drug abuse but was clean when she disappeared. I fear that she relapsed and that may be what has kept her away. Not sure in my mind that its her but its certainly worth looking into. thanks

The description is somewhat vague but so far it fits. Unfortunately, she had a past with drug abuse but was clean when she disappeared. I fear that she relapsed and that may be what has kept her away. Not sure in my mind that its her but its certainly worth looking into. thanks

mrsbreesmith, I saw your post the other night and tried to find out more about this case, without much luck I hate to say. I was not the original poster for this story I just moved the post here to the right thread. As far as I know she is still unidentified. Please look at Believe's post above. I think this is the same person. The link in Believe's post has more info about clothing and jewelry found with this woman. Do you know this womans family? If you would like I will send an email to the GBI officer listed (or you could do that as well) and see if we can get some more info.

Yes, it is the same person in believe's post. She was found at Lover's Lane. She has not been identified as of yet. There is no news about this at all here. I live in the area and I have not heard anything about this case at all.

ugh, it is unknown of the jewerly Sandy had at the time of her disappearance. She had so many various types and (unfortunately) I wasn't given all details about this. Her family has 'moved on' so to speak and I personally feel they lost hope of ever finding her. SO i'm in the search alone and that makes this so hard.
I found case number 55UFGA on the doenetwork.org refering to this unidentified woman. The cross is a possiblility due to the fact that she was raised Catholic. I've sent this information on the the crimestoppers who are carrying her profile and also the PD. Its a lead to say the least. The discription is very close. The height is incorrect by a couple inches but otherwise, its worth looking into. THanks for the info!

ugh, it is unknown of the jewerly Sandy had at the time of her disappearance. She had so many various types and (unfortunately) I wasn't given all details about this. Her family has 'moved on' so to speak and I personally feel they lost hope of ever finding her. SO i'm in the search alone and that makes this so hard.
I found case number 55UFGA on the doenetwork.org refering to this unidentified woman. The cross is a possiblility due to the fact that she was raised Catholic. I've sent this information on the the crimestoppers who are carrying her profile and also the PD. Its a lead to say the least. The discription is very close. The height is incorrect by a couple inches but otherwise, its worth looking into. THanks for the info!

How heartbreaking for you!!! Does Sandra have any DNA on file? If not, we can give you a link to send her LE to get a free kit processed...

Why is Tena M. Payton still listed as missing on the Charlie Project page? Apparently, she is living in Georgia on probation - good for her. The page from the link at findthemissing "doesn't exist" anymore. I have always thought of the the Charlie Project as a great source for LE and all of us internet sleuthers to use with cold cases and UID's. If they don't keep up with their database, however....that isn't good! I am going to email the administrator at the Charlie Project about Tena's case. These databases HAVE to be maintained - and there are lots of US....who could help!!!!

News 12 First at Five, June 17, 2009
AUGUSTA, Ga. --- Remains found two years ago are finally positively identified as a missing Augusta woman.
Now, Karen Pryor's family is pleading for answers to find out what happened to her. Karen disappeared in September 2006.

Skeletal remains found in some woods off Laney Walker extension in March 2007 were positively identified as Karen this month.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/48282982.html

I wonder why it took two years to identify her? Goodness that's a long time.

Now at least the family can give Karen a decent burial. GB them all.

I wonder why it took two years to identify her? Goodness that's a long time.

Sure is - particularly since she was from the area AND was reported missing.

Hope they hang the that killed her......

In March of 2007 skeletal remains were located off of Laney Walker Blvd. in Augusta, GA. The Jane Doe remained unidentified until June, 2009 when she was identified as Karen Dianne Pryor.

Ms. Pryor, 38, was last seen being dropped off in the 1200 block of Gordon Hwy at 2:00 PM on 09/08/2006.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back