Identified! GA - Rising Fawn, WhtFem 26UFGA, 16-25, On East Side of NB I-59, Dec'88 - Stacey Lyn Chahorski

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reminds of the little sidenote I read in a recent article about CeCe Moore's work on another Georgian case:
Moore said she has not worked on many cases from Georgia.

“I’ve wondered why we haven’t gotten more cases in Georgia since we had that very early success there,” she said, referring to the old Fulton County murder case.
Could science of genetic genealogy help solve Jonathan Foundling case?

A wee bit disappointing, but let's hope this is just because the current world situation is just slowing things down.

Oh..WOW!!!! Thank you so much!!

After 33 years, Rising Fawn Jane Doe has been identified as Stacy Lyn Chahorski of Michigan

upload_2022-3-24_16-15-54.png

Rest easy now Stacy Lyn Chahorski

I notified the mods right now, so the header can be changed.

Hoping for a lead to identify her killer.

<3

Last edited:
As I mentioned in my introduction post, I've been haunted for years by a Jane Doe who was found near my home county in 1988.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/26ufga.html

At one time, local law enforcement alluded that they may have a lead in discovering who killed her, but that apparently didn't pan out. This girl has been buried as "Jane Doe" in a beautiful cemetary in the county she was found, and I've wished for years that she could be identified and returned to her family. I've spent time on the Doe Network trying to find "matching" females who vanished in 1987 and 1988, with no luck. Anyone who matched her description either had tattoos or noticable scars (she had neither).

I attempted to do a search on official state websites for missing persons databases, but either I'm a poor searcher or sharing information on missing persons is low priority on state websites.

So...I thought I'd share her link here and see if ya'll have any fresh ideas. Although it hurts my heart to read of any case where a person is never identified, this one hits too close to home (literally).

Many thanks,
Lisa
Haunted no more I hope. She has her name back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back