Found Deceased GA - Robin Newton, 51, Woodstock, 30 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
WOODSTOCK, Ga. — Police in a Cherokee County town are searching for a missing woman not seen in days.

Woodstock Police say that 51-year-old Robin Newton was last seen in the town on Tuesday, July 30. Police said she left in a green 2007 Chrysler Towne & Country. The van has a Georgia tag that reads BME 3631.

Woman missing out of Cherokee County; police asking for help

I went to church with this sweet lady for ten years. This is a very low crime area, so I doubt there’s any foul play involved. They haven’t found the vehicle yet so I’m thinking she’s either run off (doubtful but I’m hoping!) or there has been an accident. I don’t understand why they have waited so long to post anything.

Woodstock Police, GA on Twitter
Please help us find Robin Newton 10-28-1967. Last seen leaving her residence in Woodstock on 07/30/2019. Left in a 2007 Green Chrysler Towne & County (GA TAG BME3631).
EBEcYkrWkAYfLYf.jpg

3:39 PM - 3 Aug 2019

Since she is missing along with her van, I wonder if she was meeting a client somewhere with a piece of furniture she re-upholstered? Could this be a sale gone wrong? Disagreement over the bill? Having furniture re-upholstered professionally is expensive IME. Many people I know choose to buy new furniture when they find out how much upholstery costs (unless the piece is an antique or has sentimental value). I also wonder how successful her business has been. Does she have another job or was this her primary source of income?

MOO

Since she is missing along with her van, I wonder if she was meeting a client somewhere with a piece of furniture she re-upholstered? Could this be a sale gone wrong? Disagreement over the bill? Having furniture re-upholstered professionally is expensive IME. Many people I know choose to buy new furniture when they find out how much upholstery costs (unless the piece is an antique or has sentimental value). I also wonder how successful her business has been. Does she have another job or was this her primary source of income?

MOO

Partially answering my own question-- she also has a cake business: Newton Cakes

The cake business is linked on her interiors website (which was linked on the fb page): Services

Her labor prices are actually pretty reasonable IMO.

AUG 6, 2019
Police seeking help finding missing woman

5d4994de4ac09.image.jpg

• Robin Annette Newton.
  • Last seen wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt.
  • According to a family member, she was heading to Lake Hartwell, but never arrived.
  • Home to Lake Hartwell, approx 2.5 hours away: Google Maps
TY for the map, @PommyMommy! I hope this was a location she had driven to before, and was familiar with the route. If this was her first time driving to Lake Hartwell, the google route takes you right to the boat ramp and into the lake--I hope this isn't what happended.

Here is a missing flyer from FB.

Also, according to family on FB, they have narrowed down interest to Woodstock, GA, Hartwell, GA, and Panama City Beach, Fl.

I live in Woodstock and am from this area, so I've seen lots of friends sharing on FB.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565206607105.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565206607105.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 15
So do I understand this right? Robin disappeared while driving to Lake Hartwell?

If so, I wonder if she made any stops along the way, and if LE has gotten any video? Couple of possibilities; car accident along the way, or if she stopped somewhere maybe she was carjacked.

Whatever happened Robin seems to be deeply loved and has many people who want to find her.

AUG 6, 2019
Police seeking help finding missing woman

5d4994de4ac09.image.jpg

• Robin Annette Newton.
  • Last seen wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt.
  • According to a family member, she was heading to Lake Hartwell, but never arrived.
  • Home to Lake Hartwell, approx 2.5 hours away: Google Maps

From your map, looks like there are three different routes to get to Lake Hartwell. Locals can you chime in with some input here? Which way was she likely to go?

The Woodstock Police, GA FB page has a post about Robin being missing, and has some interesting comments:

Woodstock Police, GA
I wish I had time to read 110 comments but I don't. :( Does WSPD mention whether they've used aerial support along any of the routes to the lake?

Any locals hearing/seeing helicopters? TIA! :) MOO

From your map, looks like there are three different routes to get to Lake Hartwell. Locals can you chime in with some input here? Which way was she likely to go?
I imagine she'd head North from her home to Hwy. 140, then on to I-85 to Hartwell. Those are HEAVILY travelled roads, so it wouldn't be hard to spot her car if it was around. The terrain is a little hilly (we're in the foothills of the Appalachians) but nothing crazy as far as mountain and cliffs.

I'm sure there are several alternative routes and back roads, but with it being such a straight shot down the highways, I would take that route.

I wish I had time to read 110 comments but I don't. :( Does WSPD mention whether they've used aerial support along any of the routes to the lake?

Any locals hearing/seeing helicopters? TIA! :) MOO
They actually haven't released any other info other than what's on this post.
I've seen several posts about people handing out flyers around here and in Hartwell. Nothing else as far as search efforts go.

Police posted this 4 hours ago (in comments):

The Woodstock Police Department's Criminal Investigations Unit is actively working to locate Mrs. Newton. Anyone with information as to her whereabouts is asked to call 911 or the WPD at 770-592-6030.

Woodstock Police, GA

Good to know they are actively working on it. I'm curious to know if their CI Unit investigates all missing persons cases. MOO.

I imagine she'd head North from her home to Hwy. 140, then on to I-85 to Hartwell. Those are HEAVILY travelled roads, so it wouldn't be hard to spot her car if it was around. The terrain is a little hilly (we're in the foothills of the Appalachians) but nothing crazy as far as mountain and cliffs.

I'm sure there are several alternative routes and back roads, but with it being such a straight shot down the highways, I would take that route.
Thank you. Looking at the map, it would seem LE could pinpoint and ask for video from many source including traffic cams.
GDOT 511 Mobile

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson
Back