CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Ross Harris Trial Appeal, hot car death of son, Cooper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He will always be guilty in my eyes. I think he did it on purpose and there was one more person that made some darning statements I would look at too.

I totally agree with you Carolina Girl, he will always be guilty in my eyes. Because of that short time frame that he forgot he had precious Cooper in the car with him. How could you forget that quick even if you were sexting. My gosh he just had breakfast with Cooper! Yes he is a total slimeball murderer! imo

I totally agree with you Carolina Girl, he will always be guilty in my eyes. Because of that short time frame that he forgot he had precious Cooper in the car with him. How could you forget that quick even if you were sexting. My gosh he just had breakfast with Cooper! Yes he is a total slimeball murderer! imo
This is the case that started me with Websleuths.

jmo

Interesting. What other cases could this have implications for? Can evidence of extra marital affairs be excluded, for example, if a spouse is charged with killing a spouse?

Something to ponder.

Interesting. What other cases could this have implications for? Can evidence of extra marital affairs be excluded, for example, if a spouse is charged with killing a spouse?

Something to ponder.
Fair question. I followed the case at the beginning, but I did not closely follow the trial. We have all seen cases of spousal murder where an affair was a trigger or motive. Chris Watts and Patrick Frazee come to mind. In Watts’ case he killed the children too.

Did a motive of not paying child support, and wanting to be free of attachment, enter into prosecution’s case against Harris? I’m going to guess that it did, since he was convicted.

The doubt I have with RH is willful intention - a clear connection between his sexting and murder. Didn’t seem like he needed to be free of his son; he had leeway to be irresponsible with him in tow.

The lines are blurred with a hot car death, vs. a murder where a child has been physically attacked. I believe there have been other convictions in hot car deaths (Cynthia Randolph, Jenna Boedecker), but they were able to prove intent.

Don’t get me wrong. There is no excuse for what he did. RH deserved to spend time in prison. I hope no woman ever lets him father more children in the future. Mandatory snip for that guy, IMO.

jmo

Last edited:
Fair question. I followed the case at the beginning, but I did not closely follow the trial. We have all seen cases of spousal murder where an affair was a trigger or motive. Chris Watts and Patrick Frazee come to mind. In Watts’ case he killed the children too.

Did a motive of not paying child support, and wanting to be free of attachment, enter into prosecution’s case against Harris? I’m going to guess that it did, since he was convicted.

The doubt I have with RH is willful intention - a clear connection between his sexting and murder. Didn’t seem like he needed to be free of his son; he had leeway to be irresponsible with him in tow.

The lines are blurred with a hot car death, vs. a murder where a child has been physically attacked. I believe there have been other convictions in hot car deaths (Cynthia Randolph, Jenna Boedecker), but they were able to prove intent.

Don’t get me wrong. There is no excuse for what he did. RH deserved to spend time in prison. I hope no woman ever lets him father more children in the future. Mandatory snip for that guy, IMO.

jmo

I have always felt that "hot car" death prosecution is completely arbitrary. And having reviewed many, it seems that women are judged far more harshly.

My own opinion, is that all of them should be charged, or none of them. I still believe that the veteran social worker who killed both of his children in the car should have been charged.

Channel 2′s Richard Elliot confirmed with Cobb County jail officials that Harris has been transferred over to their facility.
The officials could not confirm how long Harris will remain in jail, but a former Cobb County prosecutor believes he could serve the remaining two years of his sentence on other charges there.

I have always felt that "hot car" death prosecution is completely arbitrary. And having reviewed many, it seems that women are judged far more harshly.

My own opinion, is that all of them should be charged, or none of them. I still believe that the veteran social worker who killed both of his children in the car should have been charged.

Every case's circumstances are different, though. Some are clear accidents and others clearly not accidents, in my opinion. How can you treat every case the same?

As far as Ross, it's amazing to me how many people think it was probably an accident. I think it's unlikely he believed he dropped his son off at daycare. The accidents usually happen when the parent's routine changes. Ross had just given his awake son breakfast, which was sometimes their normal routine, and then drove toward work, not the daycare.
All JMO.

Every case's circumstances are different, though. Some are clear accidents and others clearly not accidents, in my opinion. How can you treat every case the same?

As far as Ross, it's amazing to me how many people think it was probably an accident. I think it's unlikely he believed he dropped his son off at daycare. The accidents usually happen when the parent's routine changes. Ross had just given his awake son breakfast, which was sometimes their normal routine, and then drove toward work, not the daycare.
All JMO.
I think he knew he didn't drop Cooper off before work, but that he wanted to make an appearance at work and then duck out to bring Cooper to daycare...and then he forgot.

I think he remembered at lunchtime and then concocted the "discovery" that happened after work.

He's responsible for Cooper's death, imo, but didn't intend for it to happen.

jmopinion

I believe he is guilty of premeditated murder, I followed this case very intensely and felt there was enough cumulative evidence, including Google searches about hot car deaths and corresponding temperatures, there is no way to innocently explain that before your son dies of that exact cause.

as well as the fact he opened the car door at lunch time, I do not believe the state of the car would have been neutral if you know what I mean :( It would have caught his attention immediately, but instead he kept waiting :(

I’m sad for little Cooper and the prosecutors right now :(

I believe he is guilty of premeditated murder, I followed this case very intensely and felt there was enough cumulative evidence, including Google searches about hot car deaths and corresponding temperatures, there is no way to innocently explain that before your son dies of that exact cause.

as well as the fact he opened the car door at lunch time, I do not believe the state of the car would have been neutral if you know what I mean :( It would have caught his attention immediately, but instead he kept waiting :(

I’m sad for little Cooper and the prosecutors right now :(
100% agree

At trial, prosecutors put forth a theory that Harris was miserable in his marriage and killed his son so he could be free. They presented evidence of his extramarital sexual activities, including exchanging sexually explicit messages and graphic photos with women and girls and meeting some of them for sex.

Harris was found guilty in November 2016 on eight counts including malice murder. A judge sentenced him to life without parole, as well as 32 more years in prison for other crimes.

But the Georgia Supreme Court voted 6-3 to overturn his murder and child cruelty convictions in June 2022, saying the jury saw evidence that was “extremely and unfairly prejudicial.”

Prosecutors said at the time that he would not face another trial over Cooper's death. The Cobb County district attorney’s office, which prosecuted the case, said in a statement that it disagreed with the majority’s decision. But because of that ruling, prosecutors said crucial evidence about Harris’ motive was no longer available for them to use.

Harris’ lawyers have always maintained that he was a loving father and that the boy’s death was a tragic accident.

Though it dismissed the murder conviction, the state Supreme Court upheld Harris’ convictions on three sex crimes committed against a 16-year-old girl that Harris had not appealed.

At trial, prosecutors put forth a theory that Harris was miserable in his marriage and killed his son so he could be free. They presented evidence of his extramarital sexual activities, including exchanging sexually explicit messages and graphic photos with women and girls and meeting some of them for sex.

Harris was found guilty in November 2016 on eight counts including malice murder. A judge sentenced him to life without parole, as well as 32 more years in prison for other crimes.

But the Georgia Supreme Court voted 6-3 to overturn his murder and child cruelty convictions in June 2022, saying the jury saw evidence that was “extremely and unfairly prejudicial.”

Prosecutors said at the time that he would not face another trial over Cooper's death. The Cobb County district attorney’s office, which prosecuted the case, said in a statement that it disagreed with the majority’s decision. But because of that ruling, prosecutors said crucial evidence about Harris’ motive was no longer available for them to use.

Harris’ lawyers have always maintained that he was a loving father and that the boy’s death was a tragic accident.

Though it dismissed the murder conviction, the state Supreme Court upheld Harris’ convictions on three sex crimes committed against a 16-year-old girl that Harris had not appealed.

Are they planning to retry him? "But because of that ruling, prosecutors said crucial evidence about Harris’ motive was no longer available for them to use."
This was premeditated murder! He could have just left the marriage!
Will the young woman he was convicted of committing sex crimes against be safe?

Are they planning to retry him? "But because of that ruling, prosecutors said crucial evidence about Harris’ motive was no longer available for them to use."
This was premeditated murder! He could have just left the marriage!
Will the young woman he was convicted of committing sex crimes against be safe?
No, he won’t be retried. See comment 593 above from imstilla.grandma.

He will always be guilty in my eyes. I think he did it on purpose and there was one more person who made some darning statements I would look at too.
BBM
Without naming names, would that other person be another close relative of a different gender? I 100% agree with you that Ross is guilty of murdering Cooper. I wonder if he usually spent so much of his work day sexting from the office. Clearly that day he needed the distraction from what he knew was happening to his son, concentrating on work just wasn’t enough. His behavior when he “found” Cooper was over the top & not in the least believable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back