GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusty's family was in the hallway after sentencing, wiping away tears and smiling and talking to the prosecutor.

I think the prosecutor did a great job. I'm sure this was a difficult decision for this jury.

Poor Rusty. :( I remember when I first saw the headlines. He deserved so much more.

I don't know his wife's possible connection to the crime, but if she would have been a good person or wife, Rusty would still be here. :mad:

JMHO
fran

<respectfully snipped>

I don't know his wife's possible connection to the crime, but if she would have been a good person or wife, Rusty would still be here. :mad:

JMHO
fran

That is the bottom line isn't it - for the families and children to live with that fact. So so sad.

Whoa! 3 pm sentencing! I didn't know this would differ from other states and doing immediate sentencing. in GA they don't have jurors do sentencing? Is the judge going to state TODAY the sentence?

From what I gather, yes, the judge is going to impose sentence at 3:00

A trial we just watched in NC, the judge sentenced the defendant after the guilty verdict and the jury was told they could leave, but they chose to stay. The judge had a few things to say to the defendant in that case, and I"m sure it made the juror's feel they made the right choice. The judge, being experienced on the bench had seen this a 100 times. :(

I'll be interested to see what this judge says, if anything other than the final sentence.

JMHO
fran

In looking at the replays of what Hemy said....imho as verdict was read, he repeated twice...... "Oh my God"

you know what... at least the jury got the guilty part right...(I will not mention the other case.... I will not mention the other case.... I will not mention the other case.....)

:)

Apparently the jury has been dismissed by the judge from the jury room. They have sent word out to the media, they do NOT want to discuss the case or verdict.

Waiting for sentencing.

FWIW, the possession of a firearm is 5 years. But, he already faces life in prison.

They just said that the 'mental illness' decision by the jury, has NO effect on his sentencing. It only says the DOC CAN provide or is responsible for ANY mental health care he MAY receive, should they decide to provide it.

IMHO, I doubt that'll be necessary!

JMHO
fran

Dayum. What is it with jurors lately? Is ANYONE responsible for ANYTHING anymore?

Though nurse does make a good point: at least they found him guilty.

Court if (is! damn lisp) :p filing in, get ready for sentence.

*good girl Nurse, good Nurse ;) :)

Court's back in session. The def att asked the def mom to speak to the court.

everyone is just sitting there. Guess waiting for judge?

fran

PS...yes, waiting for judge. You can hear a pin drop in courtroom.

I think I saw Rusty's brother in the audience, at least he looked like Rusty with I think darker hair. :(

Hemy's mom wants to talk???? WOW. What about Rusty's family? Any giving impact statements?

Court's back in session. The def att asked the def mom to speak to the court.

everyone is just sitting there. Guess waiting for judge?

fran

PS...yes, waiting for judge. You can hear a pin drop in courtroom.

I think I saw Rusty's brother in the audience, at least he looked like Rusty with I think darker hair. :(

Yup. It could be his twin. They look so much alike. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member