GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched this story on Headline News on HLN. I think the "other suspect" is definitely the wife. JMO.

I just watched this story on Headline News on HLN. I think the "other suspect" is definitely the wife. JMO.

Hopefully it isn't for the kids' sake, but probably is. It makes me really want to scream if she is involved. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THESE THINGS? The spouse 99% of the time gets caught. Nobody is as smart as they think they are. Seriously....

It seems totally bizarre for a father of three to murder another father as he was dropping his kids off at day care.....but then again, murder is often bizarre.

Yeah but men who are "in love" can do crazy things, especially if he thought he were saving the woman he loves from a bad situation, or protecting the children, or ensuring the children aren't taken away from the loving mother etc...

Plus the kid was already inside the daycare. If he was going to do the deed that was as good as it gets as far as the child is concerned.

Yeah but men who are "in love" can do crazy things, especially if he thought he were saving the woman he loves from a bad situation, or protecting the children, or ensuring the children aren't taken away from the loving mother etc...

Or just wanting to get husband out of the picture so he can be the new husband. Life insurance, a respectable mourning period, and game's on.

Even if the wife is not involved in the murder (only an affair), her reputation will be smeared, her husband's family will hate her, and her kids will grow up with a horrible story behind their name.

Or just wanting to get husband out of the picture so he can be the new husband. Life insurance, a respectable mourning period, and game's on.

Even if the wife is not involved in the murder (only an affair), her reputation will be smeared, her husband's family will hate her, and her kids will grow up with a horrible story behind their name.

The fact the husband was killed 7 weeks ago doesn't look good. If (if) the wife was having an affair I just don't see why she wouldn't have disclosed that early in the investigation.

If she was SURE the lover was innocent she could work a deal with police to keep it quiet, investigate the guy but don't publicize it. If she had an affair and it was unrelated to the killing it would not jeapordize her custody of the children or the life insurance etc...

If she confessed early on they would have identified him as a suspect (or cleared him) early on. They didn't. The woman would have to be under tremendous pressure, most any innocent person would admit to having an affair when pressured by the police in a serious situation like the murder of your husband. You rarely hear about police leaking unrelated affairs in the press during murder investigations involving non-celebrities so I don't understand why a person would not come clean.

Hopefully it isn't for the kids' sake, but probably is. It makes me really want to scream if she is involved. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THESE THINGS? The spouse 99% of the time gets caught. Nobody is as smart as they think they are. Seriously....

I was stunned when I saw the news.

I really thought it was some business venture that had gone sour.

I hope and pray for the kids sake she didn't know anything about this.

I wonder if he returned to work as normal.

IMO

The spouse 99% of the time gets caught. Nobody is as smart as they think they are. Seriously....

37% of murders go unsolved in the US. There are plenty of stories about guys killing the 2nd or 3rd wife before getting caught (Peterson is a famous example and hardly the only one...HE got caught because he is apparently a serial wife killer).

Apparently people DO get away with it but yes, the risks are much higher as the spouse/partner is usually the prime suspect initially.

I can think of at least two here in Atlanta, crazy Day Trader that went on a killing spree and shot a handful of people in Buckhead, same day also killed his girlfriend and his kids (and was the "PRIME SUSPECT" in the killing of his ex-wife and her mother with an axe at a campground several years earlier) and crazy dentist that killed two wives (deaths appeared to be suicide via firearm I think, but two in a row arroused suspicion).

It still boggles my mind that people who are well educated, financially ok, with children - basically, who have a nice life with other options at their disposal - choose to take this route. Not that murder is ever ok but these aren't grifters using a mark or people with nothing left to lose.

From a moral, intellectual as well as pragmatic standpoint, I don't see how it makes sense to them as their best option out of their current situation.

It still boggles my mind that people who are well educated, financially ok, with children - basically, who have a nice life with other options at their disposal - choose to take this route. Not that murder is ever ok but these aren't grifters using a mark or people with nothing left to lose.

From a moral, intellectual as well as pragmatic standpoint, I don't see how it makes sense to them as their best option out of their current situation.

I totally agree. I just do not understand the risk/reward ratio for these people.

Although we do often see where it is the only way to get what they want; i.e., Susan Smith and others whose love interest doesn't want children, or some whose love interest refuses to leave their spouse out of concern for the children.

The crazy day trader (Mark? Something.) really had nothing left to lose. He knew he would kill himself and just felt the need to make everyone around him suffer.

ETA: Mark Barton

I totally agree. I just do not understand the risk/reward ratio for these people.

Although we do often see where it is the only way to get what they want; i.e., Susan Smith and others whose love interest doesn't want children, or some whose love interest refuses to leave their spouse out of concern for the children.

The crazy day trader (Mark? Something.) really had nothing left to lose. He knew he would kill himself and just felt the need to make everyone around him suffer.

ETA: Mark Barton

Yeah just googled it...Mark Barton. Amazing story that, I remember being a bit paranoid when he was running about shooting up Atlanta and on the loose that day. And killing his ex-wife and ex-mother-in-law with an AXE then getting his car detailed and being all good! That is pretty amazing. It is like Carl Panzram era stuff.

But Mark Barton was an over the top bold nutcase. Quite a bit different than these two. What were they thinking? It truly does boggle the mind. It doesn't make sense and it wasn't even clever. Susan Smith was an idiot, but these two weren't technically idiots so lord only knows what they were thinking.

Gobsmacked!!!!
OK, the possibility had occured to me very early in the investigation, but was soon dismissed after reading more about the Sneidermans. If this turns out the way it seeems headed, I feel even more sorry for Rusty's family. That has to be the ultimate betrayal.

SSM, you need to host a little party this weekend & get the full scuttlebutt.

I really thought it was some business venture that had gone sour.

I thought that too until the suspect's name was released. Some folks might go homicidal over a bad business deal, other people just call their lawyers. In this case lawyers seemed a lot more probable if it were financial, homocide was most likely an emotional response, and even then a darn unusual response all things considered.

Without her at least having some kind of relationship with the suspect, how would he have known exactly what time Rusty was going to take the boy to the day care? One normally doesn't tell their boss all their personal business, or what time their husband is going to drop the kids off at day care. I agree, if LE is looking at the possibility of another suspect, it appears to be going in her direction. I just pray for the childrens' sake she had no idea what the suspect was going to do. MOO

The article says the minivan used during the commission of the murder hasn't been located, but does not state if the suspect owned one like it.....so could that possibly be what leads to the statement about additional arrests? In other words, whose minivan was it? And the gun hasn't been recovered either. Did he own a gun of the same caliber? Or did he get it from someone else? :waitasec: MOO

The article says the minivan used during the commission of the murder hasn't been located, but does not state if the suspect owned one like it.....so could that possibly be what leads to the statement about additional arrests? In other words, whose minivan was it? And the gun hasn't been recovered either. Did he own a gun of the same caliber? Or did he get it from someone else? :waitasec: MOO

Well now thats very interesting..if they dont have the van and they dont have the gun.....what evidence do they have? a confession or bragging?

Well now thats very interesting..if they dont have the van and they dont have the gun.....what evidence do they have? a confession or bragging?

Hmmmm....yes good point. Not sure if they are smart enough to have the car go undiscovered, but a gun is easy.

Me thinks this will be a long/dramatic/emotional trial...possibly with the defendant acting as his own lawyer. The public defender thing was rather off the charts though...one/both of them is not playing with a full deck...has anyone verified that the suspects family is still okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shipslady