GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks as though they were hung up on the insanity issue.

During the news conference, the prosecutor said the 'insanity' part has NO effect on the sentence or verdict.

He's still a murderer and now he'll be in prison LWOP. All it means is the Dept of Corrections will determine any treatment, IF any, he'll receive while in prison.

We already know the pros said he's not 'mental,' so I doubt there will be any treatment recommended.

JMHO
fran

For anyone who missed Steven Sneiderman's statement, (Rusty's brother) to the court, here's a replay.

FWIW, although Steven is an attorney, he does not normally appear in court. Today was his first appearance to speak in court.

hth,
fran

AJC exclusive: In interview, family of slain Rusty Sneiderman point finger at his wife
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-murder-1386337.html

PS...there's LOTS of photos on that site from court too!

:woohoo:
:earson:

:please: Hold AS equally accountable!

:woohoo:
:earson:

:please: Hold AS equally accountable!

That article is awesome! It's a very indepth interview with Rusty's family.

When they began when Rusty was murdered, they didn't know Andrea was somehow involved. But through the course of the investigation, they came to suspect her. Now they feel almost certain, but Rusty's sweet mom said, she just wants to KNOW if she was or not. They want the TRUTH!

Highly recommend everyone read this article.

JMHO
fran

PS>...oh, yeah, everyone who's interested, watch Dateline Friday night. Check you local listings for time. It's going to have this case. A Dateline reporter was in the courtroom today for the verdict. I believe they've been there during the whole trial. fran

AJC exclusive: In interview, family of slain Rusty Sneiderman point finger at his wife.

For anyone who missed Steven Sneiderman's statement, (Rusty's brother) to the court, here's a replay.

FWIW, although Steven is an attorney, he does not normally appear in court. Today was his first appearance to speak in court.

hth,
fran

AJC exclusive: In interview, family of slain Rusty Sneiderman point finger at his wife

The article at link is a must read. Not surprising, but very sad all the same, that the Sneidermans rarely see their grandchildren anymore. AS is evil for depriving them of that!!MOO

Oh my. That was a very dramatic press conference. I'm thinking the DA's office isn't even close to pursuing a conspiracy charge against Andrea; Ron James seemed to really downplay that unless there's some new surprise evidence.

I wonder when Hemy's estranged wife, Arielle (with her VERY aggressive attorney at her side) will have her first televised interview.

A couple of questions...
1. Did Rusty's son or any of the other kids at the daycare center witness the murder? God, I hope not.

2. Did Andrea quit GE immediately after the murder? (I'm sure she did, but I've never seen anything in print about it).

Oh my. That was a very dramatic press conference. I'm thinking the DA's office isn't even close to pursuing a conspiracy charge against Andrea; Ron James seemed to really downplay that unless there's some new surprise evidence.

I wonder when Hemy's estranged wife, Arielle (with her VERY aggressive attorney at her side) will have her first televised interview.

A couple of questions...
1. Did Rusty's son or any of the other kids at the daycare center witness the murder? God, I hope not.

2. Did Andrea quit GE immediately after the murder? (I'm sure she did, but I've never seen anything in print about it).

#1 I don't think so.

#2 don't know.

A couple of questions...

1) rusty's son did not but there were about 10 kids on the playground feet from the murder. a teacher testified to this.

2) from what i've been told by my local attorney friends, Andrea "lost" her job at GE. she then called lawyers around Atlanta searching for legal council to represent her. my assumption is that she was seeking a wrongful termination suit.

Ok, I admit I did not watch the trial. I followed SOME of the blog on dunwoody patch. So perhaps someone can help me here.

Watching the video at the below link, which is an interview of Hemy's soon to be ex's divorce attorney, prior to Mrs. Neuman taking the stand in this trial, it appears the ONLY thing they have as alleged proof that Andrea manipulated the murderer into committing this crime, were text messages where Andrea told the now convicted murderer, "I am not going to leave this marriage," and some such thing.

Is THIS all LE has for proof of Andrea's involvement? Well, besides the confusion on the TIMELINE of WHEN Andrea knew Rusty had been shot and told his Dad on the phone? The phone call confusion is did Andrea know Rusty was shot and not in an accident BEFORE she got to the hospital, because when she talked to her FIL she told him he'd been shot, yet she testified she didn't find out he wasn't in an accident but was shot until she got to the hospital emergency room.

Well, I'm not looking for Andrea to be arrested too soon, UNLESS the convicted murderer rolls on her. But I DOUBT he will, because that could possibly effect his 'insanity' plea.

Such a mess! But at least one for sure is down, and we KNOW he did it, he said he did! :mad:

JMHO
fran

http://www.11alive.com/video/1467679885001/1/Legal-Analysis-Esther-Panitch-on-Hemy-Neuman-trial

From the article that Fran posted. Heartbreaking :(

"I would like them to remember us," she said. "I would like them to be proud of their dad."

ETA

from Rusty's mother. :(

This is a video of the jury forewoman announcing the verdict in trial. Very dramatic, imho.

The forewoman's voice broke up.

:(
fran

PS>>>LOL, I MAY have already posted a link to this, but then you'll have it twice! :D

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dunwoody-verdict-hemy-neuman-found-guilty/story?id=15928911#.T2JlxxEgeHg

i believe she got emotional bc the jury believed that their GBMI would impact his sentence in prison. they did not know that he could still receive life and may have assumed they were letting him off in some way.

Since day one, Rusty Sneiderman's family has been a class act. His brother, Steve, has shown great restraint & dignity representing Rusty's loved ones. I hope today brings them some measure of peace. Furthermore, I hope they get to see charges brought against Andrea & ultimately those innocent children will be raised in the love & security the Sneiderman's can provide.

IMO, The Sneiderman Family is going to do whatever they can legally to make sure AS does not raise IS and SS. What do you think?

I cringed when they asked Steve about the relationship they would be having as I'm wondering and :please: that they perhaps can do something about it. But Steve, being the stand up guy that he was, shut the door on that line of questioning, which I applaud. That wasn't the time to be asking about CHILDREN and what they would be doing.

Hopefully, once AS is arrested, :jail: the decision will be easier to at least get them away from AS - but jeez - I can't fathom of the push/pull if the families disagree on who should take guardianship of the kids.

:please: for the kids.

Man-O-man, I did not expect everything that transpired today. I have not had time to read through this thread, so forgive me if this has been covered, but I figured on a guilty, and quite honestly I didn't much care about the mentally ill piece because I knew he would get substantial jail time, way to go your honor! What I didn't expect was for the Sneiderman family to point blank state they believe AS was involved. There must be a LOT of pressure on the DA right now, I live in this community and I do not know of one person who doesn't think AS was involved. I really hope they go for charging her, I know it is circumstantial but I believe she would be convicted. Plus, who knows what Hemy might end up saying about her involvement after he has cooled his heels in jail for a few months, when the shock wears off and reality hits. I don't believe for one minute he is mentally ill, I quite honestly believe he is happy about being found mentally ill because he might get medication to dull the edge off being in prison.

During the news conference, the prosecutor said the 'insanity' part has NO effect on the sentence or verdict.

He's still a murderer and now he'll be in prison LWOP. All it means is the Dept of Corrections will determine any treatment, IF any, he'll receive while in prison.

We already know the pros said he's not 'mental,' so I doubt there will be any treatment recommended.

JMHO
fran

Well, the jury said he was NOT insane - InSession actually posted incorrectly on their facebook page " Hemy Neumann was found guilty but insane in the daycare murder trial" He was NOT found insane, he was found mentally ill. There is a difference IMHO. :waitasec: It was my understanding that if he was "insane" he would NOT be responsible....ergo the option of Not Guilty due to the reason of insanity verdict. Being mentally ill is different as I understand it. But I don't know the law in GA as to what the difference in the sentence would be of NGInsane vs. NGMI Can someone clarify / help me understand? TIA

Daaaaaaaang, y'all! I had to be out running errands this afternoon so I spent a lot of time sweating in various parking lots (it was 80F+ here today in the Atlanta area!) glued to the radio. According to the legal analyst on WSB radio, the jury was not informed that GBMI would result in at least 30 years before parole could be granted. I really do not understand why that verdict is an option here in Georgia but on the other hand--could this jury have declared him not guilty by reason of insanity if they couldn't go that route??? It's a scary thought, especially since that is the ONE route I believe the DT will go after on the appeal, that HN was actually insane, not just mentally ill.

Fortunately, Judge Adams was in spectacular legal form as always and gave the murderer the correct sentence.

P.S. I am marrying Judge Adams, y'all. I'm sure I'll figure out a way to convince my husband to let me commit bigamy! :p

P.P.S. Steve Sneiderman is a hero and a class act.

P.P.P.S. Maybe I will marry DA James instead of Judge Adams, because that man is FINE. Decisions, decisions!

The article at link is a must read. Not surprising, but very sad all the same, that the Sneidermans rarely see their grandchildren anymore. AS is evil for depriving them of that!!MOO

I just read it and it was very enlightening. I think I may have been wrong when I originally thought AS was not involved. There is a little more going on here and time will tell how involved she was. It is very sad that she is not letting her children see her grandparents. She is not a good person:(

Mrs. Minette Adams-James. :rocker:

Seriously, I am so relieved at the LWOP verdict. When the jury started their shenanigans with wanting to review those certain bits of testimony (if you can call 6 hours a 'bit') I was really afraid they were going to go with not guilty by reason of insanity!

Mrs. Minette Adams-James. :rocker:

Seriously, I am so relieved at the LWOP verdict. When the jury started their shenanigans with wanting to review those certain bits of testimony (if you can call 6 hours a 'bit') I was really afraid they were going to go with not guilty by reason of insanity!

BBM :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Best post ever!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members