GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rusty's friend,

Thank you for posting and welcome. I hope you stick arround to watch her trial and lend insight into her demeanor during trial.

Also just wondering if Rusty found out about an affair ,would he keep it to himself and consider divorce or would he forgive and move on?

If he would have asked for a divorce or if the marriage was heading in that direction would Andrea think being a widow was better then being a divorced single mom with split assets?
How would thier families have reacted to a divorce ?

I think you added a new depth to the case for me with your opinion Andrea was big on appearing perfect. It is interesting to think about and know her parents stated she was the perect child. If the affair was ruining her perfect life because it was the biggest mistake she had ever made with the most repercussions was planning to murder Rusty the fix all to her perfect appearance?

Thanks for the "welcomes" on the former thread. I have asked the Mods for the process to become a Verified Attorney here. In the mean time, I assure you I am an Atlanta attorney. I'd like to help explain the nuances of Georgia's criminal justice system and comment on how this case may proceed from either the view of the prosecution or defense. I'll reserve judgment as to Andrea Sneiderman's guilt for the jury.

Welcome to Websleuths, SpeakerDave!

I look forward to hearing from you in regards to this case! :rocker:

wow, how fortunate we are on have speakerdave and rusty'sfriend! Rusty'sfriend, regarding your observations on Andrea, what you articulated is how I have felt about her. Couple of questions - where do you think the overt animosity and seething anger in her comes from? She just reeks of it, but I don't see any grief. Also, are you male or female? The reason I ask is that I could see Andrea being borderline rude to any female friend of Rusty's, I would not think she would want him to have any female friends.

Like you, I tend to believe she had the affair and will deny it forever if she can. Killing Rusty is truly baffling to me and it does not make sense, but how she acted immediately after the murder is just so incredibly suspicious. Let's just say she was having an affair with Hemy but was not in on the murder. Why all the calls to Hemy? How do you reconcile she knew her husband was shot before she should have known? Would she really go so far as to cover up for her husband's murderer simply to keep the affair under wraps? How could she be naive enough to think she could pull that off?

Questions, questions, questions! Thanks for much for sharing your observations!

I'd like to add a welcome to Rusty's friend (and belated to Speaker Dave). She sounds to me as though she lived in "boxes", had strict (perfectionist) routines and didn't want any influences she could not control. If she was always smiling and laughing in Rusty's presence but not elsewhere, that tells me she had her sights set on getting him, period. So any other female (or even close male friend) would be a threat. Especially since you say she seemed superficial (and still does, IMO), she wouldn't want anyone to figure her out and blow that cover.

Carrying on the affair, it seems as though HN was not really a person to her, but another source of diversion, amusement, and self-gratification.

I was going to ask if you know whether AS was very devout in her faith. I answered my own question, though....I suspect she was devout in the activities of faith, but not the practice of it. The Jewish Commandments are very, very clear. You shall not commit adultery, not shall you even covet what another has. Let us not forget that HN was married, too. His wife didn't die but her life was ruined financially and she will always have to deal with everything having been turned upside down because of this woman.

Andrea could have just said NO.

Welcome Rusty's Friend and SpeakerDave (I think I follow you on Twitter :) )

When Andrea's father was on the stand during the bond hearing, didn't he say several times that she is the "perfect" daughter or something close to that?

Welcome RustyFriend, we love your insight here.
We know that early on HM wife was suspicious of the affair between her husband and AS. She stated she saw all the classic signs, lots of late night phone calls, HM goes outside to take the calls, business trips with AS, the trip to England that she originally wanted to go with HM but never got that opportunity because of his desire to be with AS alone.
Also I remember Don Sneiderman stated that he and Rusty talk on the phone everyday. They were very close and probably shared a lot of everyday news and updates. When this murder first happened Don was asking the Dunwoody Police to look at Andrea. It breaks my heart but I think Rusty was supspious of AS and HM and he probably couldn't help but let some of that leak out in conversations with his dad. I just wish when he saw HM along side his house that morning, it all fell into place...but apparently not. I can't help but wonder if Rusty knew and recognized HM when he approached him that fateful morning at the daycare center. Rusty was a bright man and surely he must have made that connection. What a horrific way to die. Everytime I think of it, tears come to my eyes. Such a tragedy.

There are no individual charges of "aiding and abetting" against AS. AS is charged with 8 counts: RICO/Racketeering, Murder, Attempted Murder, Making False Statements, and Perjury.

In Georgia, and most jurisdictions in the US, if you aid or abet the commission of a crime, you are liable for the crime as if you committed it yourself. Therefore, the DA has alleged that AS helped plan the murder (aided and abetted), and even though she didn't pull the trigger, she is just a guilty.

You can see the indictment and the actual charges against Andrea on my blog: http://dunwoodymurdertrial.blogspot.com/

I also blogged a bit about the RICO/Racketeering charge because it can be confusing and misleading even for attorneys, and it will play a very important part at trial. I also put in sentencing guidelines in that post.

Welcome to the board Dave!

What do you think about the fact that Andrea lied in court about having an affair with Hemi?

What do you think about the fact that Andrea called 3 people the morning of the shooting, telling them that Rusty had been shot?
No one had told her he was shot, all they told her that there had been an accident, and that he was in the hospital.

Thank you!

Welcome to both SpeakerDave and Rusty'sFriend. You have added so much to this case, and I'm sure as the months go by, your input will be even more helpful.

I breaks my heart when I see the pictures of Rusty. He looked like such a sweet, good man. Question for you SpeakerDave, why didn't HN get DP? There is no way this man is insane. I am so sick of that being used as an excuse in these cases!

As far as AS is concerned, what the hello did these two men see in her?

Welcome RustyFriend, we love your insight here.
We know that early on HM wife was suspicious of the affair between her husband and AS. She stated she saw all the classic signs, lots of late night phone calls, HM goes outside to take the calls, business trips with AS, the trip to England that she originally wanted to go with HM but never got that opportunity because of his desire to be with AS alone.
Also I remember Don Sneiderman stated that he and Rusty talk on the phone everyday. They were very close and probably shared a lot of everyday news and updates. When this murder first happened Don was asking the Dunwoody Police to look at Andrea. It breaks my heart but I think Rusty was supspious of AS and HM and he probably couldn't help but let some of that leak out in conversations with his dad. I just wish when he saw HM along side his house that morning, it all fell into place...but apparently not. I can't help but wonder if Rusty knew and recognized HM when he approached him that fateful morning at the daycare center. Rusty was a bright man and surely he must have made that connection. What a horrific way to die. Everytime I think of it, tears come to my eyes. Such a tragedy.

BBM:

I never thought of this, either, and thank you for the insight.

I wonder if AS ever, EVER thinks about this.

I watched the jailhouse interview today. I know he was eventually convicted Guilty But Insane. I just can't understand how jury came to this conclusion based on the testimony of his co-workers and him having the stamina to lie calmly for five hours straight. As HLN commentator stated, persons with mental illnesses usually set off signals and especially under the stress of that kind of situation.

From what I understand, defense inferred two different things. One, he had ongoing mental health issues as a result of his childhood and covered them up; and secondly, a single psychotic episode as a result of some so-called delusions and hearing voices, etc. That his childhood trauma, latent mental illness were exacerbated by AS manipulation of him.

Even with all of these arguments combined, there is a huge absence of corroborating proof. Given his age, the stress of being in management, going bankrupt, etc., NOBODY saw ANY symptoms of mental issues. Why oh why didn't prosecutors call his wife to the stand? She lived with him every day? Why not other close friends or relatives, his own parents? Witnesses are required to state under oath the truth of what they saw and heard and knew. Even if it is the old cliche: We thought he was a nice guy...we never imagined....it's the totality of history that counts. Not ONE bit of evidence of problems other than the testimony of "experts" who did not know him and were not there. I just don't get that verdict at all.

Snipped from Rusty's friend:

1- She is a perfectionist to the extreme. Appearances are everything to her. It was VERY important to her that Rusty was Harvard-bound for business school. She mentioned it frequently after he was admitted to Harv. Business School.

So in a way he was a trophy for her. I had heard he lost more than one job. It seems she was basically disgusted with him, harping to HN that he was what - a loser - and suggesting his own kids didn't want to be around him? I read that when Rusty's dad heard this in testimony he cried, he said Rusty was a phenomenal dad.

I keep thinking of how she testified that they were such great "savers" - the "we at a lot of peanut butter" thing. Wow, how exciting for those kids. Get the huge house in the upscale community and eat peanut butter and stuff the rest in the bank. A lot of good that is doing the kids now with their father dead and their mother sitting in jail. HN complained about his traumatic childhood but apparently didn't care about the childhoods of his or AS' children by screwing around with their mother and killing their father.

MOO

I want to answer some of your questions, though I don't claim to be an expert on AS. These are just my impressions from knowing her (and seeing her almost daily) for a few years of college.

I couldn't agree more- that Rusty was a trophy for Andrea, one that lost its luster when Rusty was having some bumps in the road in business. I always felt like she was trying to "land" him or "score" him. He was a catch for her and she knew it.

Again, in reply to those who ask why he was into her, he was geekier in college than his later photos show (and I say that with love!) and again, she was prettier than she is now. They matched well at the time.

Someone asked- I don't think AS was threatened by me personally. I had a serious boyfriend for the entire time she knew me (I am female), so she knew I wasn't about to try to steal Rusty from her. I never flirted with him, and he was not interested in me in that way. But as I mentioned I am a funny and gregarious person and my guess is that since she could not control me she was not interested in being my friend. Her female friends were always the types she could control. Look at Shayna Citron (whom I have never met)... she seemed very meek and afraid to go up against her friend in court, and good for her for doing so! But she is an example of a typical AS type of friend. She liked to be top dog.

As for her religious affiliation, it's pretty typical to be active in the Jewish community but not "devout", I am actually an example of such a person. It's not just a religion, it's a culture. Like her, I was involved with religious activities but prayer wasn't one of them. Obviously she's got some moral issues but I don't trace that back to her religious affiliation. It's got more to do with her narcissism. I've met some VERY "religious" narcissists before... people who are involved with their churches or synagogues and even pray a great deal. Plenty of church and synagogue leaders are narcissists!

Last, I can't speak for sure about what Rusty would have done if he had learned of the affair but I can't imagine he would have taken it well. It would have been devastating for him in a huge way. He was SO loyal. Even as an adult he remained friends with his buddies from high school and college. I don't think he'd easily be able to forgive her, because it would be SO hurtful. If he knew of her affair (and there is no evidence I am aware of that he did), my guess is they were going through a terribly rough time.

Anyhow, thanks all for being so welcoming. I have lurked on WS for AGES without saying a peep! I can get verified if that is meaningful to this crowd.

:tyou:

I am going to have to be very short so I do not get a TO...very very strongly disagree as to bi-polar..... Ted Turner and very many successful folks are. Bi-polar...just consider very moody and swings...but still no mental excuses, although (excuse the analogy)... speaking of a woman at "that time of the month"

[QUOTE=ChickenPants;8306844]All good points. I had never thought of AS' lack of anxiety, shock, trauma, etc., in the context in which you've placed it here.

Also, the same things you have said about her "nature" and where are all of the people who will testify to these predominate controlling and bullying traits can be applied to HN. It's frustrating to me when someone pleads insanity and uses broad psychoanalysis terminology ("Bi-Polar", "Delusional", etc.) as excuses for a crime when there has been no DOCUMENTED history of a disorder, or when nobody in the person's life can recall him/her ever being anything but "normal". Bi-Polar disorder and Schizophrenia usually have an onset about age 16, and it is difficult, if not impossible, for a sufferer to cover up the illness well enough to interact in normal society, especially to hold down a full-time job - especially in management.

But it's amazing, also, how a person can commit a gruesome crime of exceptional violence - or serial killing - and everybody claims it was just a nice guy who was a good neighbor, waved "hi" and talked sports, never caused trouble....gave no indication of a problem. I don't buy that, either.[/QUOTE]

Welcome Rusty's Friend and SpeakerDave (I think I follow you on Twitter :) )

When Andrea's father was on the stand during the bond hearing, didn't he say several times that she is the "perfect" daughter or something close to that?

I was at the bond hearing and will reiterate what I said afterwards in thread. Would not all parents say that? Well, almost all.

I take nothing home from that as it is a parent speaking of a child. Let that go IMHO!
At this time , I do not compare her parents with Casey Anthony family in coverup... may get to that point later if I find documented legally that the accusasations of herf her files being erased by family are true.

If I obtain the opinion that her family is involved in the coverup...I will indeed do a quicker 180 than I did with the Anthony family who we (?) srood behind before we learned of their coverup.

Onc it is proven her brother/cousin/family did cover up oneven just the affair...IMHO from experience in trials such as this...all hello is going to break loose and the media is going to really go after it all. Right ow theocal media is only focusing on the battle of the grandparents and custody...but could really get....Nancy Grace worthy if that happens.

ETA..Sorry for typos, on Nook with fat fingers

Welcome to both SpeakerDave and Rusty'sFriend. You have added so much to this case, and I'm sure as the months go by, your input will be even more helpful.

I breaks my heart when I see the pictures of Rusty. He looked like such a sweet, good man. Question for you SpeakerDave, why didn't HN get DP? There is no way this man is insane. I am so sick of that being used as an excuse in these cases!

As far as AS is concerned, what the hello did these two men see in her?

He was not found insane, but was found mentally ill. In Georgia, you get same sentence but with treatment. He has LWOP.

AFAIK , as a friend posting here, there is not a verification process. Only IMHO for lawyers. Thanks for sharing with us, and welcome again!

I want to answer some of your questions, though I don't claim to be an expert on AS. These are just my impressions from knowing her (and seeing her almost daily) for a few years of college.

I couldn't agree more- that Rusty was a trophy for Andrea, one that lost its luster when Rusty was having some bumps in the road in business. I always felt like she was trying to "land" him or "score" him. He was a catch for her and she knew it.

Again, in reply to those who ask why he was into her, he was geekier in college than his later photos show (and I say that with love!) and again, she was prettier than she is now. They matched well at the time.

Someone asked- I don't think AS was threatened by me personally. I had a serious boyfriend for the entire time she knew me (I am female), so she knew I wasn't about to try to steal Rusty from her. I never flirted with him, and he was not interested in me in that way. But as I mentioned I am a funny and gregarious person and my guess is that since she could not control me she was not interested in being my friend. Her female friends were always the types she could control. Look at Shayna Citron (whom I have never met)... she seemed very meek and afraid to go up against her friend in court, and good for her for doing so! But she is an example of a typical AS type of friend. She liked to be top dog.

As for her religious affiliation, it's pretty typical to be active in the Jewish community but not "devout", I am actually an example of such a person. It's not just a religion, it's a culture. Like her, I was involved with religious activities but prayer wasn't one of them. Obviously she's got some moral issues but I don't trace that back to her religious affiliation. It's got more to do with her narcissism. I've met some VERY "religious" narcissists before... people who are involved with their churches or synagogues and even pray a great deal. Plenty of church and synagogue leaders are narcissists!

Last, I can't speak for sure about what Rusty would have done if he had learned of the affair but I can't imagine he would have taken it well. It would have been devastating for him in a huge way. He was SO loyal. Even as an adult he remained friends with his buddies from high school and college. I don't think he'd easily be able to forgive her, because it would be SO hurtful. If he knew of her affair (and there is no evidence I am aware of that he did), my guess is they were going through a terribly rough time.

Anyhow, thanks all for being so welcoming. I have lurked on WS for AGES without saying a peep! I can get verified if that is meaningful to this crowd.

:tyou:

He was not found insane, but was found mentally ill. In Georgia, you get same sentence but with treatment. He has LWOP.

If HN was bi-polar it stands to reason he was in denial and never sought medical treatment or medication for the problem. Otherwise there would be a paper trail. I still say even if he had habitual mood swings or other behaviors that fit into the standard DSM-IV profile of mental illness, there would be people who would have testified to that, especially his spouse.

One example would be that he was impulsive (?) with his money, lived above his means and was going bankrupt. That, if coupled with instances of depression or withdrawal could fit into the bi-polar profile. But then you could say 90 percent of American people who overspend and dissatisifed with their jobs are bi-polar. And just because you fall in love and can't have the woman you want doesn't mean you are mentally ill, either.

It's notable, IMO, that not only did his co-workers deny any symptoms of mental instability, but the defense didn't bring on any witnesses whatsoever who could substantiate it. Unless there are some I haven't seen. The only thing I heard was that a few people testified he mentioned sketchy information about his childhood.

Which is why IMO defense tried to show these "problems" were all percolating inside and all of a sudden came to the surface when he met and was manipulated into a psychotic break by AS.

MOO

Question for you SpeakerDave, why didn't HN get DP? There is no way this man is insane. I am so sick of that being used as an excuse in these cases!

In Georgia, early in a capital case (one for murder), the prosecutor has to file a notice of intention to either seek the death penalty or life without parole. In this case, the prosecutor chose life without parole. So, the availability of the death penalty had nothing to do with HN's claimed insanity or the Jury's finding of "guilty but mentally ill." So, you are mistaken that Hemy's alleged insanity was an excuse in this case to avoid the deth penalty.

Even if the Jury had found Hemy "guilty" the death penalty was not an option because the DA took that option off the table by only seeking life without parole.

Please don't forget to follow me on twitter b/c that's where I announce blog updates and other analysis. Plus, if you ask me a question there, I'll see it quicker than if you ask here. https://twitter.com/SpeakerDave

BBM:

I know he was eventually convicted Guilty But Insane.

Why oh why didn't prosecutors call his wife to the stand?

Let's be very clear, HN was found "Guilty but Mentally Ill" -- that is a HUGE difference between being found "insane."

The prosecutors didn't call HN's wife because a wife cannot be compelled to testify against her husband in a criminal matter. At the time of the trial, she was only separated from HN, not divorced. She waited until after the trial to finalize the divorce. That was probably done by design.

It is my understanding that Ariela Neuman did not want to testify. If I had to guess, she probably wanted to avoid the stress from that given everything else that happened. And, she probably figured they had enough evidence to convict him without her testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member