GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the 2nd time they have tryed to change the judge's ruling. they've been hanging around AS too long thinking they are special.

Relevant evidence makes it inadmissable if it's exculpatory? Huh?
If it's relevant, and exculpatory, why would it not be admissable - I don't know the law, but that does sound unjust. How could something AS herself said to police be hearsay?

so does the Judge expect me tomorrow at 9 AM or can I go get a mani/pedi?

Holy smokes......

If I could get my hair cut and styled this morning, you get your mani/pedi in the morning! BUT you are to get back here ASAP!

:floorlaugh:

Let's not forget, mister defense attorney, that AS is the ultimate Drama Queen. I'm sure it would be of the acting ability she demonstrated falling out of her car, off of her chairs, and the heroic effort to stumble into Dunwoody Prep.

Excellent Point!

"Which is why I suspect they wanted to get it in" the DA says.
He's got their number alright.

Relevant evidence makes it inadmissable if it's exculpatory? Huh?
If it's relevant, and exculpatory, why would it not be admissable - I don't know the law, but that does sound unjust. How could something AS herself said to police be hearsay?

Hearsay rules are complex. As far as a defendant is concerned, anything they told someone else is hearsay EXCEPT if it is against their own interest.

Shayna can testify as to what Andrea told her because it is a statement against cause. If someone else were to be asked about what Andrea said and that person said that she did not have an affair with Hemy, it would be hearsay, because it bolsters the defense through hearsay.

did the def just come up with all this underhanded stuff last night when they couldn't find any good wits?

Hearsay rules are complex. As far as a defendant is concerned, anything they told someone else is hearsay EXCEPT if it is against their own interest.

Shayna can testify as to what Andrea told her because it is a statement against cause. If someone else were to be asked about what Andrea said and that person said that she did not have an affair with Hemy, it would be hearsay, because it bolsters the defense through hearsay.

Thanks very much for the response - but thought they were talking about not something AS said to Shayna, but something AS said to the police.
How can something AS says about herself to police be hearsay? She said it, about herself? That made no sense to me.

Wish I could watch this live everyday -- being here sure makes these trials bearable rather than watching replays in the evening -- thanks everyone -- hopefully can be here tomorrow --

Can someone direct me to the video of AS when police inform her of Hemy's arrest?

Thanks very much for the response - but thought they were talking about not something AS said to Shayna, but something AS said to the police.
How can something AS says about herself to police be hearsay? She said it, about herself? That made no sense to me.

It would be self-serving. And, as I pointed out earlier, she is a drama queen.

The def attorney that talks during the breaks did have an interesting possibility on the conviction. He said the jurors will vote on EACH indictment, and they may unanimously agree on some, but not others. they MAY accept a split vote, convict on the ones they agree on, or they could call a mistrial.
Does anyone have more info on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member