GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AS applied for the $2M death benefit from RS life insurance policies on 11/30/10 and received the $2M plus interest on 2/17/11. posted by Zuri

Hi Zuri. I believe she did recieve the funds, but they have been frozen as per lawsuit by SS.
The policies were both written before the children were born, and Mr. S was named benificiary in one, AS in one. Mr. S imediately said to turn his share over to the children, and they froze AS's. For good reason, it turns out. She would have spent it ALL on attorneys, and would have had 7 or 8 instead of just 5.
AS sold their lake home to her folks for almost $500,000.00 because she needed $ to pay the attorneys. I doubt that covered it, but I suppose her folks came to the rescue. At least for the $40,00.00 guy. lol
If she spends even more on an appeal, (and she will), she will bankrupt the whole family.
Oh well.
But wasn't the money frozen due to the murder charge? Not the civil suit.

Well that was clear as mud. He says they did think there was an affair, and did think the same feelings were exchanged. :waitasec: So, sorry to harp on it, but NG on count 7 still makes no sense to me. :dunno:
As one poster already mentioned, I think they thought she was playing Hemy.
She was not sincere in her e-mails, and the way it was written, it makes it sound as if she were in love with Hemy. Not just said so.

The very last NG was proven in black and white. They should have been able to somehow view the clip. IMO

Well that was clear as mud. He says they did think there was an affair, and did think the same feelings were exchanged. :waitasec: So, sorry to harp on it, but NG on count 7 still makes no sense to me. :dunno:

These are the inconsistencies I'm talking about. Jurors asleep at the wheel.

I felt that Count 7 was a throw-away and just an extra count to pile on. It left too much to interpretation. I figured maybe they felt like Hemy loved her more than she loved him, so that meant she didn't return the feelings as deeply, so it meant NG. Now that the juror acknowledges that they believed there WAS an affair, yet say she didn't return his feelings, how does that make sense????

I like this guy. The problem with this interview is that it's a bunch of reporters confronting him in a public building immediately after he concluded his jury duty. The questions that the reporters asked him were not entirely specific, nor did they follow up as thoroughly as somebody would if they were more prepared.

I'd like to see a well thought out interview with some of them when they have a minute or two to digest the full experience and the interviewers can get their notes together.

lol, totally agree! apparently jail suits her

How odd..that a mug shot would turn out to be her best photo..I agree, this is the only photo of her that I have seen that doesn't look really ugly to me.

i liked how candid the juror was during his interview, especially since he was basically bombarded by reporters. he did say that they talked a little bit about what the penalties would be but did say it wasn't their job to worry about that. it did concern me a little that they talked about that when they were told not to consider that and i hope this isn't what made them vote not guilty on some of the charges. regardless, i think she'll get the same penalty for being guilty of 9 counts as she would have if it was all 13 because whatever the penalty is I believe she will serve it concurrently.

AS applied for the $2M death benefit from RS life insurance policies on 11/30/10 and received the $2M plus interest on 2/17/11. posted by Zuri

Hi Zuri. I believe she did recieve the funds, but they have been frozen as per lawsuit by SS.
The policies were both written before the children were born, and Mr. S was named benificiary in one, AS in one. Mr. S imediately said to turn his share over to the children, and they froze AS's. For good reason, it turns out. She would have spent it ALL on attorneys, and would have had 7 or 8 instead of just 5.
AS sold their lake home to her folks for almost $500,000.00 because she needed $ to pay the attorneys. I doubt that covered it, but I suppose her folks came to the rescue. At least for the $40,00.00 guy. lol
If she spends even more on an appeal, (and she will), she will bankrupt the whole family.
Oh well.

Justice I have been very curious about the financial impact that AS has incurred and what this past 2 1/2 years have cost her parents.

Sadly I agree she will extend the appeals and drain the family.

I did find it interesting when the judge advised her after she was convicted that she had 30 days to appeal and if she could not afford an appeal attorney one would be appointed to her.

Will the Greensburg's pull the plug on the funds for AS and her many lawyers? It will be interesting to watch.

I did not know her parents bought the lake house - thanks for the info.

Then the jury DID NOT do their job. You can't argue with the text message she sent to a co-worker on her way to the school, quote, "Rusty's been shot." How she was found not guilty on that count is frightening.

Woohoo GUILTY!!!!!!!!!! (Just had to say that first!!) I wasn't able to watch the verdict live, but just watched re-play on Croakerqueen, so I realize I'm a bit late, but still.....WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as knowing whether he was shot or not, maybe the jury thought the day-care worker had told her on the phone but couldn't remember now?

Thank you for posting this link - I had heard the beginning of Shayna Citron speaking in court (I guess the day before this one, in the red dress) - I thought the previous day was kind of odd (she began sobbing about the sparkle in Andrea's eyes).
SC gets stranger and stranger the more she talks - at first I thought she sounded like she had a crush on Rusty. Hearing this it almost sounds as though it might have been on Andrea.
Did Shayna have her own attorney for Hemy's trial, too? She just seems so odd - JMO.

I think Shayna is one of those people who takes her friendships VERY SERIOUSLY. She said that Andrea was like a sister to her. I believe that Shayna, in her heart, loved Andrea as much as her own sister (if she has one). So she might seem over-dramatic to us, but imagine if it was one of our sister's facing murder charges, and then even after that certainly some jail time, how would we feel and act?

I think Shayna is one of those people who takes her friendships VERY SERIOUSLY. She said that Andrea was like a sister to her. I believe that Shayna, in her heart, loved Andrea as much as her own sister (if she has one). So she might seem over-dramatic to us, but imagine if it was one of our sister's facing murder charges, and then even after that certainly some jail time, how would we feel and act?

I agree...I think that Shayna was sincerely heartbroken by the whole ordeal, she loved both Andrea and Rusty and I believe that doing the right thing was very painful for her, along with the sickening realization of what her dear friend had been a part of...jmo

Yep, I agree with you. Although Shayna definitely has a flair for the dramatic, and admittedly I was initially thinking yowzer she is one emotional lady, I do have sympathy for her. This ordeal has obviously greatly affected her and her family. I genuinely believe that she is sad over how all of this went down and it was difficult for her to rat out her friend. I give her credit for being brave enough to get up there and speak her truth.

These are the inconsistencies I'm talking about. Jurors asleep at the wheel.

I felt that Count 7 was a throw-away and just an extra count to pile on. It left too much to interpretation. I figured maybe they felt like Hemy loved her more than she loved him, so that meant she didn't return the feelings as deeply, so it meant NG. Now that the juror acknowledges that they believed there WAS an affair, yet say she didn't return his feelings, how does that make sense????

I heard one of the guest lawyers on WAT (during the verdict clip) saying that for perjury, the State has to prove that she lied AND that the lie was a material fact to the case. Now I don't know whether 7 was perjury or false statement, but maybe the jurors felt like it wasn't relevant to the case, whether she returned his feelings or not. So that would make sense, because they could feel like she did have an affair, bottom line, and so it wasn't relevant whether she returned his feelings.

Alright, gals, I'm signin' off for now. I was just thinking, since I started following trials....this is the first sentencing I'm going to get to hear!!!!!!! All the rest have been not-guilty or incomplete. I hope the judge really goes at her. Not sure if he can hint at what she did in the larger picture (murder) b/c she might still have to stand trial for that at a later date.

His hair always looks like a rug to me. I don't know why.

Me, too, JJ! The first time I saw him, I thought he was disguised -- the hair on the top of his head and at the place where the hair meets the forehead, just didn't look "seated" correctly -- it looked like there was a little gap there. Maybe it's just the way his hair is -- maybe his head hair is wiry or somehow hard to style. Dunno, but it still doesn't look natural -- too much goop? a new hair style?

Oh well.

bbm

bbm - My sentiments exactly, JJ! Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908