GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, the real reason I came back to this thread is to ask anyone if they know where can I see the FULL testimony of Andrea's during Hemy Neuman's trial? I searched and searched, but I can only find one part of it...the first part that lasts 21:07 min.. I have no idea where the second part is (one where she has that pink/purple scarf around her)...did that part not get on video or something? I only saw some snippets of it which were played during Andrea's trial.

I never saw her testimony during Hemy's trial, which is why I'm asking...I went back to watch it and got left hanging after the first part....now I'm anxious to see the rest!

Hi aa. The entire vid is nowhere to be found, (only the 7 min snip from day 2) but the notes give a pretty good record of her testimony.She was on the stand about 3 hours the first day of the trial, and only two hours the second day. (The day of the scarf). This is the second day notes, and the first day notes are just above it in this link:

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/228929/1/HEMY-NEUMAN--Murder-trial-live-blog-

Wednesday | February 22, 2012

9:12 AM - Court resumes. Andrea Sneiderman returns to the witness stand, the defense continues to question her.

9:33 AM - Andrea Sneiderman says she told the police on November 19 that Hemy Neuman expressed an interest in her. "I told the police about my boss when they came to my home."

9:38 AM - The defense attorney asks, if Sneiderman recalls telling a friend that the sketch looked like Hemy Neuman; she goes on to say that she "saw a lot of faces in that sketch as I am sure others did."

9:45 AM - Judge admonishes the defense attorney after the attorney asks Sneiderman "is something funny." The judge says, "Ask questions. You are not to comment about the witness. Ask questions."

9:50 AM - Sneiderman asks judge and attorney to address her as "Mrs. Sneiderman." Judge Adams and Attorney have no objection.

9:58 AM - Andrea Sneiderman claims Neuman stalked her while Attorney questions her about receiving flowers from him.

10:03 AM - Attorney questions Sneiderman about her conversations about parenting with the defendant. Judge dismisses court for brief "stretch break."

10:12 AM - Judge calls court back into session.

10:18 AM - Sneiderman confirms that Neuman e-mailed her advice on how to spend time with her children. Saying "work on it with Sophia. When you're working on it don't think about anything except for her."

10:20 AM - Attorney presents an e-mail showing a photo that, allegedly, contains an attached photo of Sneiderman showcasing her daughter [Sophia's] school project.

10:22 AM - "I didn't usually control where the rooms were," Sneiderman when asked about the reservations she made for adjoining hotel rooms with the defendant.

10:25 AM - Neuman marked the birthday's of Sneiderman's children in his iPad calender. Attorney reveals that the defendant also sent coupons for children's productions, like Sesame Street , to the witness, Sneiderman.

10:29 AM - Sneiderman confirms that she didn't call HR or tell Neuman to stop talking about her children. Sneiderman then states, "He was a predator."

10:31 AM - Attorney presents a trail of e-mails from Rusty Sneiderman to Andrea Sneiderman and forwarded to Hemy Neuman of her daughter [Sophia's] birthday party.

10:45 AM - Judge Adams gives the jury a stretch break.

10:54 AM - Sneiderman claims that her big regret was "partner dancing" with Hemy Neuman. Says she thought about quitting her job because she felt they had gone too far. Sneiderman says she even though about quitting her job.

11:04 AM - Attorney presents evidence of extensive calls and text messages to Neuman from Sneiderman.

11:07 AM - Neuman sent Sneiderman an iTunes song after which Sneiderman told her friend that she felt uncomfortable about him sending her messages; she decided to go to the police.

11:10 AM - Sneiderman gave her cousin her [work] latptop password for him to give to Hemy Neuman for access. She contradicts her earlier claim that Neuman got her password from looking over her shoulder.

11:12 AM - Sneiderman confirms that she cashed out her husbands $2 million life insurance policy.

11:13 AM - Brief break. Defense attorneys complete cross-examination of witness.

11:17 AM - The prosecution will conduct a redirect examination of witness, Andrea Sneiderman.

11:27 AM - During questioning Sneiderman confuses Neuman and her husband Rusty, saying, "Have you seen what has happened to my life since Hemy was murdered?"

11:28 AM - Judge Adams dismisses Andrea Sneiderman from the witness stand and tells her she must leave the courtroom for the remainder of the trial.

I was snickering during this trial when most wits called her Ms Sneiderman.

Hi aa. The entire vid is nowhere to be found, (only the 7 min snip from day 2) but the notes give a pretty good record of her testimony.She was on the stand about 3 hours the first day of the trial, and only two hours the second day. (The day of the scarf). This is the second day notes, and the first day notes are just above it in this link:

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/228929/1/HEMY-NEUMAN--Murder-trial-live-blog-

.[/I]

Resp. snipped
and BBM

Justice, thank you so much for that!! Do you know if her entire testimony on Day 1 in anywhere...b/c the one that I saw is the part that's 21 minutes long? Is there any other video of Day 1, or is only those 21 minutes found out of ALL of her testimony?

Thank you, and TIA!

HA ha. Now Hemy wants a new trial because AS lied druing her testimony in HIS trial!!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/sneidermans-lawyers-file-for-new-trial-neumans-att/nZYLD/

"One day after she was sentenced to five years in prison, Andrea Sneiderman’s attorneys have filed a motion for a new trial.

Meanwhile, lawyers for Sneiderman’s former boss, Hemy Neuman — convicted of killing her husband, Rusty, outside a Dunwoody day care facility in November 2010 — say they will also seek a new trial, citing Sneiderman’s conviction Monday on nine of 13 felony counts, including perjury, making false statements to investigators and hindering the apprehension of a criminal."

Okay, I'm not getting what Hemy thinks will happen....he pulled the trigger, he was gonna be convicted regardless. And I thought he actually did well b/c he got guilty, mentally ill instead of just guilty. He is never gonna get not guilty-insanity...so what is the point of asking for re-trial??

But hey...maybe it's a step closer to getting him to confess all....

Resp. snipped
and BBM

Justice, thank you so much for that!! Do you know if her entire testimony on Day 1 in anywhere...b/c the one that I saw is the part that's 21 minutes long? Is there any other video of Day 1, or is only those 21 minutes found out of ALL of her testimony?

Thank you, and TIA!
Hi again aa.
The two clips they have for each day really do cover everything impt! She really had very little testimony that wasn't a lie, so we've heard most of her testimony through the charges. Seems like they get lots of breaks.
Reading through these written notes is rather like reading a true crime novel you read long ago, and remembered the high points. I'm really surprised at how much I fotgot! lol

This is her testimony from day 1 of the trial.

1:39 PM - Andrea Sneiderman takes the witness stand to be examined by the prosecution.

1:44 PM - Sneiderman discusses position at General Electric and what it entailed. She acknowledges that Neuman was her "boss" and that her job required travel, both, with and without Neuman.

1:46 PM - "We had a lot of money saved in the bank" explains Sneiderman. "When other people were out, we were inside eating peanut butter and jelly. We always lived within our means."

1:49 PM - "We had about $800,000 in the bank and two homes; the one we lived in and a lake house in Eatonton."

1:52 PM - "We worked in different buildings but we had constant e-mail contact and lots of phone calls."

1:54 PM - Sneiderman in reference to the the "demons" claimed to be seen by Neuman: "He appeared to be an extremely normal individual."

LIVE VIDEO| Live footage from Hemy Neuman murder trial

1:56 PM - Sneiderman reveals that Neuman told her he didn't feel valued at General Electric. Sneiderman sought to connect her husband, Rusty Sneiderman, with the defendant, Hemy Neuman, about business opportunities.

1:58 PM - Neuman read Sneiderman a poem at dinner that indicated he had "deeper feelings" for her. According to Sneiderman, "the defendant only indicated that he had feelings for me that time or in passing or in a funny way."

2:03 PM - Sneiderman claims she didn't report Neuman's advances because she was afraid she would be fired.

2:07 PM - Sneiderman is presented with e-mails from Neuman; one of the e-mails titled "Pic" contained a picture of a waterfall and the message: "...waterfall in a cave. Yes. And wishing you were here." Sneiderman responded "Ditto".

2:14 PM - The defense plays a snippet from the police interrogation of Andrea Sneiderman. Sneiderman was interrogated the day after her husband was murdered.

2:17 PM - Geary contradicts Sneiderman's alibi of not being knowledgeable about Neuman sending, both, flowers and chocolates to her; despite being presented with e-mail proof of receipt.

2:21 PM - Sneiderman denies that she and Hemy Neuman were romantically involved; she explains that she used the word "romantic because he [Neuman] used the word."

2:25 PM - "I don't have memory of most e-mails I write, after a two year period," Sneiderman said.

2:26 PM - The defense produces an e-mail from Neuman where he proclaims Sneiderman as his "everything."

2:33 PM - Sneiderman appears visibly shaken and disoriented describing the business trip she and Neuman took to Greenville, SC.

2:36 PM - Geary presents receipts from meals at Macaroni Grill, Publix and The Cazbah. The witness and the defendant shared a bottle of wine called "Red [expletive]."

2:46 PM - Neuman asked Sneiderman to "be with" him "forever" via e-mail following their business trip in Denver, Co.; she figured he was being a "silly boy."

2:50 PM - Neuman suggested going to a dance club and a theater while planning his itinerary [with Sneiderman] for an international business trip to England.

2:53 PM - Sneiderman reveals that she is a "trained dancer" and has been dancing since she was 5. She says that she doesn't go to dance clubs to "dance with guys."

2:58 PM - Sneiderman confesses that she visited the Edinburgh Castle with Neuman and met with the [others] co-workers, later.

3:01 PM - Geary presents an e-mail revealing that Sneiderman paid for a hotel room in England where they [Sneiderman and Neman] stayed, together, on her GE Amex card.

3:02 PM - Judge Adams calls for a brief recess.

3:10 PM - Court was resumed.

3:29 PM - Sneiderman describes an encounter between her husband, Rusty Sneiderman, and Hemy Neuman. "He ran into a trail between my house and a neighboring street. He would have only know about that if she had been watching my house."

3:31 PM - Andrea Sneiderman claims Hemy Neuman was stalking her at her home.

3:34 PM - Sneiderman claims that Neuman knew what time Rusty Sneiderman took her son, Ian, to daycare, daily, around the same time.

3:34 PM - Sneiderman says a representative from the daycare, Ann, called her explaining that there had been an "accident" at the daycare.

3:37 PM - Sneiderman called Neuman to let him know she had left the office to go retrieve her son from daycare, she explains that calling Neuman was a "natural reaction, to call your boss when you leave work."

3:39 PM - Sneiderman appears visibly bothered when asked by Asst. DA Geary if she "called Rusty" upon hearing about the accident. Sneiderman says she didn't call Rusty because she figured he wouldn't be able to answer.

3:43 PM - Andrea Sneiderman learned that her husband had been killed, in the "death room," at Atlanta Medical. Despite having knowledge that her husband had been killed, Andrea Sneiderman left her child at daycare.

3:44 PM - Upon learning about the death of her husband, Neuman retrieved Sneiderman's laptop from her office.

3:48 PM - Sneiderman celebrated her anniversary in Florida and believed that Neuman has been monitoring her travel and that he had followed her to Florida.

3:55 PM - Sneiderman learns that DeKalb County Police Investigators recorded portions of her conversations with them; seems visibly agitated.

3:56 PM - Prosecutors play a clip of Sneiderman crying and upset because Neuman didn't want to meet with her.

4:02 PM - Sneiderman explains that she thought Neuman was in love with her which is why she believes he killed her husband; she makes the statement: "What other reason does someone kill someone. I don't think there are any good reasons."

4:10 PM - Court is dismissed for a brief recess.

4:25 PM - Court resumes and the defense approaches the bench to examine Andrea Sneiderman.

4:30 PM - Sneiderman details her work history beginning after graduation from Indiana University.

4:58 PM - Court adjourns for the day.

Okay, I'm not getting what Hemy thinks will happen....he pulled the trigger, he was gonna be convicted regardless. And I thought he actually did well b/c he got guilty, mentally ill instead of just guilty. He is never gonna get not guilty-insanity...so what is the point of asking for re-trial??

Probably the same as it was in the first trial. If Hemy has mental problems, and AS shares in the blame (as in greatly influencing Hemy), it creates more sympathy for Hemy. IMO, it basically nulifies her entire testimony, placing perhaps equal blame.

Perhaps his sentence would have been different somehow.
I think the most interesting part is that Hemy seems to be cooperating, or I don't think his attorneys would have gone forward. That is pretty exciting to me. One step closer for Andrea. Yipee!

Hi all! First post. Anywho, I don't understand how AS got moved to prison so quickly, especially out of Dekalb County!? Being (long ago) through the crappy Georgia penal system I can tell u this, it takes FOREVER to get "on down the road", or shipped off to prison. Also, Metro State Prison is our diagnostics, or intake, prison for women, so I can't for the life of me, figure how she bypassed that 30-45 day process. I have a feeling there are things going on behind the scenes. Also, Alto is a nasty hot swampy mosquito ridden place to serve time. Dekalb County Jail is like the Ritz Carlton of jails. They just got new carpet and they have plush furniture to sit on, and you can even still smoke ciggerettes there. I have a feeling she will be out quickly.

Hi, J-B! As soon as I read what a squatty place it is, as you said, I thought just what you said -- early out for her. I mean, why not?? She has so far, IMO, slid through all of this like greased lightning -- murder charge dropped -- albeit wisely, IMO, and so forth. When will her luck run out?

Thanks for your inside info -- it's priceless -- your angle on this situation, and others -- is interesting & valuable. Please jump in with us and let us hear from you.

Oh, and one more thang:

:Welcome1:

to
Websleuths

:drumroll: Jailbird!! :drumroll:

:thewave:

from the Whole Bunch!!

HA ha. Now Hemy wants a new trial because AS lied druing her testimony in HIS trial!!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/sneidermans-lawyers-file-for-new-trial-neumans-att/nZYLD/

"One day after she was sentenced to five years in prison, Andrea Sneiderman’s attorneys have filed a motion for a new trial.

Meanwhile, lawyers for Sneiderman’s former boss, Hemy Neuman — convicted of killing her husband, Rusty, outside a Dunwoody day care facility in November 2010 — say they will also seek a new trial, citing Sneiderman’s conviction Monday on nine of 13 felony counts, including perjury, making false statements to investigators and hindering the apprehension of a criminal."

images

"Curiouser & curiouser," folks.

I think we've just been led down the rabbit hole by Alice and the Mad Hatter...

images
images

And we've all had a session or two with the hookah-smoking caterpillar:

images

And there we find the Queen of Hearts (aka .........)

images
images

images

In other words, this is about the dammedest case I have ever seen.

Hoping he will confess all and AS eventually gets further charges. Along with some others, truly believe she played Hemy all along in her game to get what she wanted from him, her husband murdered.

She needs to be tried for murder and Hemy talking might just get it accomplished!

I've been away and hadn't heard the news till today. So happy that they got her on something. She should thank her lucky stars that she got what she got this time around. She may not be that lucky the next time.

.[/I]

Resp. snipped.

Hi JJ, I read through that whole blog last night...loved it, so easy to read. As well as watching whatever video of Andrea's testimony there was. What I came away with is that Hemy was obviously obsessed with Andrea, and she was feeding it and using it to her advantage. I don't even know if her feelings for him were real, or if she was just using him. I tend to think she must have seen some future with specifically Hemy, b/c why would she have her husband killed only to have to raise 2 kids alone? At that time, there was no other guy, as in Dell or anyone else. So she must have believed that she and Hemy and her kids would lbe together.

However, even if she had real feelings and saw a future with him, you can see the proverbial wheels turning behind-the-scenes. She was back there yanking and pulling the wheel, no doubt about it. She never let her emotions cloud her ability to think and "reason," like Hemy did. I thought it was verryyyy interesting that she would give short answers to Hemy's long-winded, emotional e-mails. Then she would say, I need to talk to you in private. E-mail is not the place to say it. Things like that. SHE DIDN"T WANT ANY CHANCE OF GETTING CAUGHT IN THE AFFAIR, whether that was just for RUsty or if she already had her plan in the works and it was for the police, I don't know. Or maybe she was protecting herself in case people at her job found out and they investigated Hemy and their relationship at their job. Whatever it was, it was CLEAR she was purposefully not saying much in the e-mails, to make it look like it was only Hemy who was pursuing her. Meanwhile, we know she must have said MANY things about her feelings for him in person to him to lead him on they way she did.

I can see that Hemy was clouded by his emotion. It was obvious to me that Andrea planted some seed of the murder in him, at the very least. I also don't buy her stories that he found out about the pathway behind her house and the timings of the daycare from "stalking" them on his own. She gave him that information, whether outright, or in some subtle way. Not to mention, if he was "stalking" her and she didn't like it, she would have conveyed that to him and tried to break it off, which she never did. Instead, she just kept leading him on.

I CAN"T WAIT for Hemy to confess everything about her involvement. I don't believe that a jury would discount what he says b/c of the "mentally ill" label...I feel like if he gave enough detail, they would believe it. He would have to go into detail about everything.

I don't think a re-trial for him would change the sentence, though, b/c it was clearly 1st-degree and planned, so I don't see how a judge could give him life with parole. And I don't see any jury giving him "non-guilty/insanity." UNLESS....what if the prosecution makes some deal with him if the judge approves re-trial...like, if you give us all the info. on Andrea, we'll let you have life with parole. I don't know, I'm surprised they didn't offer him that deal earlier, but I'm assuming they did and he would not talk. Or maybe Rusty's family doens't want the chance of him ever getting out, b/c at that point it would still not be a guarantee that Andrea would be convicted. If they do that, it could be a lose-lose for them.

Ok, sorry for the length...just had to get my thoughts out!!

Justice Junkie thank you very much for all of your hard work in finding all the information you did on AS and HN. You have excellent skills in finding things people ask for. I hope you enjoy looking all that info up. I get too frustrated myself and give up. So again Thank You!

I think in the end we should just want Justice for Rusty and his Children and Family.

Hi all! First post. Anywho, I don't understand how AS got moved to prison so quickly, especially out of Dekalb County!? Being (long ago) through the crappy Georgia penal system I can tell u this, it takes FOREVER to get "on down the road", or shipped off to prison. Also, Metro State Prison is our diagnostics, or intake, prison for women, so I can't for the life of me, figure how she bypassed that 30-45 day process. I have a feeling there are things going on behind the scenes. Also, Alto is a nasty hot swampy mosquito ridden place to serve time. Dekalb County Jail is like the Ritz Carlton of jails. They just got new carpet and they have plush furniture to sit on, and you can even still smoke ciggerettes there. I have a feeling she will be out quickly.

Metro has been closed for a couple of years. They do intake at Arrendale now. I bet they shipped her off because they didn't want to deal with her entitled attitude. Someone at that jail probably doesn't want the trouble of housing a high profile inmate. JMO

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the Sneiderman's and their grandchildren yet. Wouldn't it be nice if they could skype them every morning like they used to with Rusty? Their hearts must ache with their loss, and I'm hoping they don't loose their grandchildren as well. Hopefully both sets of grandparents, who obviously love their grandchildren will find a way to share in a way best for their grandchildren.

Thinking of Andrea getting her breakfast this AM and I guarentee she's not eatting it in the keeping room. Smile.

borndem, your graphics are a hoot! Thanks.

Metro has been closed for a couple of years. They do intake at Arrendale now. I bet they shipped her off because they didn't want to deal with her entitled attitude. Someone at that jail probably doesn't want the trouble of housing a high profile inmate. JMO
You and I were thinking entitled attitude at exactly the same time. lol

Mornin, Sheltie.

This article is better, but it only says the def FILED for a bond hearing?

On Tuesday and Wednesday, Sneiderman’s new attorney, high-profile defense attorney Brian Steel, filed first a motion requesting bond pending appeal for the former Dunwoody mother of two small children. The next day he filed a motion for a new trial, contending the verdict against her was “contrary to the evidence and without evidence to support it.”
For now, however, she is spending her time at Arrendale State Prison, not too far from the Johns Creek home of her parents, where she spent almost a year under house arrest prior to her two-week trial.

http://www.thecrier.net/news/article_e5d5ed78-0eae-11e3-94bb-0019bb2963f4.html

This article has very good background info on Hemy and his family:

Hemy Zvi Neuman was employed by two major companies after getting his engineering degree at Georgia Tech. The first job that he held for several years was working for a company in Israel. But in the 1990s he quit that job and moved his family to Florida, where he did not have a job at the time but had his three children in private school.

He then moved back to Israel and took a job with GE, first in Israel and then he was transferred to the Atlanta area. He had been with GE Energy for about 10 years at the time of the murder in 2010 and was manager of a few thousand employees in various locations and a multi-million-dollar budget. He was making a salary of around $140,000 a year.

http://www.thecrier.net/news/article_a5d6856a-67a3-11e1-99f6-001871e3ce6c.html

He was only making $140 K a YEAR?? Lousy pay for his responsibilities.

On Tuesday, Sneiderman told the court she had “no choice” but to put up with the unwanted advances from Neuman, for the sake of her job and career. She later testified she shied away from Neuman when possible.

Following up on Wednesday, Rubin, referring to a business trip the two took together to England, asked: "Going to a castle [together], is that your definition of 'shying away?’ "

“It is,” Sneiderman replied.

This trip came after Neuman asked her to marry him. He also, in an email, told Sneiderman he wouldn’t accompany her to the U.K. unless she felt he was needed.

“You had the option of telling Hemy Neuman not to go to England,” Rubin said.

Sneidierman said she felt he should be there, “for work reasons".

http://www.thecrier.net/news/local_news/article_89d45872-5f26-11e1-b840-001871e3ce6c.html
------------------

Things like this will be stressed if AS is charged in the future.

This article is better, but it only says the def FILED for a bond hearing?

On Tuesday and Wednesday, Sneiderman’s new attorney, high-profile defense attorney Brian Steel, filed first a motion requesting bond pending appeal for the former Dunwoody mother of two small children. The next day he filed a motion for a new trial, contending the verdict against her was “contrary to the evidence and without evidence to support it.”
For now, however, she is spending her time at Arrendale State Prison, not too far from the Johns Creek home of her parents, where she spent almost a year under house arrest prior to her two-week trial.

http://www.thecrier.net/news/article_e5d5ed78-0eae-11e3-94bb-0019bb2963f4.html

Well, I hope this is quickly squashed! Since when does someone who has been convicted by a jury, just get out on bond and have a "do-over"? :waitasec:

:dramaqueen:

May 29. 2012 article:

Then on Thursday morning, at a status hearing also scheduled with Judge Lane, an agreement was reached between the parents of Rusty Sneiderman and their daughter-in-law Andrea, Rusty’s widow, to allow the grandparents to spend part of last Friday and all day Saturday with their grandchildren, 6-year-old Sophia and 3-year-old Ian.

It was the first opportunity Don and Marilyn Sneiderman have had since February to visit with the grandchildren and they appeared happy for the opportunity at the end of the 25-minute status hearing on their civil action to force Andrea Sneiderman to grant them visitation rights and to have the court appoint a guardian to determine what is best for the children.

The Sneidermans, who live in Ohio, had planned to have dinner with the two children Friday evening and then spend the day Saturday in typical activities grandparents do with grandchildren, possibly including a visit to the Atlanta Zoo. The Sneidermans did not have the children overnight Friday.

It was unclear following last Thursday’s hearing when they will again have visitation opportunities with the two grandchildren, which apparently revealed little progress in the ongoing visitation dispute between Don and Marilyn Sneiderman and Andrea, who has filed a counter civil action against the children’s grandparents.

Neither side would comment on ongoing negotiations after Thursday’s hearing, but Randy Kessler, who is representing the Don and Marilyn Sneiderman, did acknowledge that they are closer to an agreement than they were a month ago, but significant issues still remain.

The significant issues that remain include a request from the Sneidermans that the court appoint a guardian ad liteim who would meet with both parties and act as the children’s advocate in future court proceedings.

Andrea Sneiderman’s attorneys object to the court-ordered guardian, stating in their court filing that their client “has gone out of her way to ensure in-person visitation between [the grandparents] and the children.”

http://www.thecrier.net/news/article_7217aee2-991d-11e1-ba71-0019bb2963f4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member