Found Deceased GA - Seth Stephen Evans, 27, Athens, last seen at store, 29 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Police: Missing 27-year-old Athens man last seen at home improvement store

The Athens-Clarke County Police Department shared a photo of 27-year-old Seth Stephen Evans taken by a security camera at Lowe's shortly before 9:15 p.m. Tuesday. That was the last time anyone reported seeing Evans.

On Wednesday, the Athens-Clarke County Police Department says they responded to a missing persons call at a home on the 600 block of University Circle. There, a woman told them that she last received a text message from Evans the night before.

That same day, Evans; employer told officials that he did not show up for work.

Seth-Stephen-Evans.jpg

Seth Stephen Evans (Athens-Clarke County Police Department)

If you have any information about where Evans could be, please call the ACCPD at 762-400-7389.

Athens-Clarke police seek public's help in locating missing man

Seth Stephen Evans, 27, was last seen shortly after 9 p.m. at a local home improvement store, police said.

Evans did not report for work at a local rental company, and on Wednesday his job supervisor along with Evans' girlfriend and several other friends went to his home on University Circle, according to the report.

His friends discovered that Evans was not at home and his vehicle, a Ford Expedition, was still at the location.

TO NOTE:
While investigating Evans’ vehicle, officers found a receipt showing he had purchased 60 pounds of concrete mix at the store where he was shopping when last seen.

Officers conducted a search of the area to Whitehall Road without finding any sign of the missing man.

Seth Stephen Evans missing in Athens, police say | 11alive.com

After responding to a missing person call at a residence in the 600 block of University Circle, police said a witness on the scene told officers they received a text from Evans on Tuesday night. But, Evans' employer indicated to authorities that the 27-year-old did not show up for work earlier that day.

TO NOTE:
While investigating Evans’ vehicle, officers found a receipt showing he had purchased 60 pounds of concrete mix at the store where he was shopping when last seen.

Officers conducted a search of the area to Whitehall Road without finding any sign of the missing man.
Also from your article.

The girlfriend reported to police she received a message from him about 8:50 p.m. the night he disappeared.

So that would answer your earlier question about whether the gf received the message before or after Lowes.

So he's been to Lowe's come back home. Left receipt in the car and left on foot with 60 lbs of concrete mix?? Where on earth was he going and to do what?

View attachment 338791View attachment 338792

Google Maps
He may have left the concrete somewhere else and walked back to it or carried it to a nearby body of water if he was suicidal or something. I've read his vehicle was not at his home. Was it near a bridge or something?

Based on the surveillance image, the reported purchase details along with availability at the Athens home improvement store, this appears to be the concrete mix SE purchased. One 60 lb. bag only yields about .45 cubic feet - so it would only cover a small area.

Attachments

• Sakrete.jpeg
    Sakrete.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9

•his home on University Circle
University Cir
Google Maps

•conducted a search of the area to Whitehall Road
Whitehall Rd
Google Maps

University Cir to Whitehall Rd
Google Maps

Wonder what the significance of Whitehall Rd may be?

Also, noticed there are two Lowe’s in Athens.
Walking from his home to Whitehall Rd. takes just under an hour as well. Why walk all that way if you have a car I wonder. Unless he was picked up by someone.

Mind you that's not to say he wasn't in his car at the time, as his home wasn't visited until Weds.

I know other members have posted similar maps, but I attached one that shows the relatively close proximity from SE home (reported in the 600 Block of University Circle) to Whitehall Road if he traveled through the woods along the North Oconee River. The 600 block starts at the closest point to the river and what appears to be a small pond or body of water.

I didn't see specifics from LE what part / area of Whitehall they searched or focused, but it does cross the river as shown in the map. I'm not local, but I'm curious if anyone knows how the deep river is in this area and typical current. I hate to mention the notion of the river or any body of water, as it's not been made a point of interest in this case by LE, but unfortunately has in many other missing person cases.

Attachments

• Athens.jpg
    Athens.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 15
I’m wondering if he bought the concrete mix for a project at his home (was he renting or a homeowner?), or perhaps for a project at the rental company where he worked. Or, maybe even to help a friend with a project?
I assumed, but it wasn't confirmed, that LE didn't find the bag of concrete - only the receipt in the vehicle. Was SE home searched? Assuming if it was, there would have been some account of a recent "concrete" project or evidence of the actual concrete bag.

I'm local. The river depth and speed fluctuates a lot with the weather. Right now, it's high and fast because we've had rain, but a week ago, I don't believe it would have been very deep or fast at that location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back