GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped by me

Your comment resonates with me and this article I read previously:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/s...-beheaded-husband/b6bGHGOriUKIbnG8uuLFHQ.cspx

For people trying to sell their homes and leave the community, this crime is certainly not making it any easier. It sort of reminds me of the book "Stepford Wives". :scared:

Bootsctr, although I haven't read the book. I did see the movie and yes the residents of the area have been caught up in a catch 22 situation. Investigators are also facing a dilema of sorts, imo. Should we be transparent and provide awareness to the community to insure Public Safety, or do we silence information to prevent further damage to commerce of the once safe and serene retirement community and recreational & tourist destination?...

Although Putnam County Sheriff Sills, has been very transparent up to this point. Imo, the FBI BAU2/GBI has likely advised him to tone it down a little for multiple reasons.

Imo, the behavorial profile of the unknown suspect/s has been completed and the news would not be very positive for the citizens peace of mind, nor commerce...

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

I have been a longtime observer and haven't posted in quite awhile but this case hits home. I have family that live in this area and would like to add my personal observations/perspectives.
Reynolds Plantation is a prestigious, high dollar community with around 80% of its residents at or above retirement age. The community "feel" and opinion that I'm hearing is that this was a well calculated, well executed murder. No blood, no fingerprints and most likely was carried out via boat. Mrs. Dermond was last seen on Thursday evening. She played bridge and had a regular partner she rode to and from bridge club with. Speculation was that someone knew this was a weekly event and that Mr. Dermond would be at home, alone.
I'm not sure msm has let this out yet, but the lake immediately fronting the home was dredged over the weekend. The Dermonds lived on a part of Lake Oconee which is close to open water and being a man-made lake, it's deep waters are filled with tree stumps and debris. If she was placed in the lake, it would be nearly impossible that she would ever be found.

Welcome Back! I love your name and your avatar. One of my favorite books. for my birthday I purchased a Savannah bird girl. She hasn't arrived yet.

It was mentioned in the presser by Sheriff Sills that the lake was dredged immediately or as soon as they could. He said within 2 hours I believe. He said there was no way they could dredge the entire body of Lake Oconee.

Again, glad you are posting and love, love, love your avatar! You have stolen my heart already. :loveyou:

"Authorities are looking at all possibilities, including a theory that the couple was abducted and his body returned to the house after the killing."

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/12/3093741/weekend-leads-fruitless-in-putnam.html

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

"Authorities are looking at all possibilities, including a theory that the couple was abducted and his body returned to the house after the killing."
http://www.macon.com/2014/05/12/3093741/weekend-leads-fruitless-in-putnam.html

If this is true, that both were abducted from the house, then it makes sense that her purse, cellphone, and keys were at home.
If they were abducted from some place else, I would think that Shirley would have had these items on her, so if that is the case, then not only did they "return" Russell back home, then they returned Shirley's items as well, but did not return Shirley.
I read an article that states that their wallets were at home, but yet I read many articles that only describe Shirley's wallet/pocketbook, keys, and cellphone were left at home, so this is conflicting, coupled with that nothing was taken from the home.
IMOO.

I know zero about bridge....but is there any betting or anything like that?
Could Mrs. D have made someone angry with bridge tournaments or such?

I live in an HOA and play in several Bridge Clubs and have played for 25 years all over Cincinnati and other than one retirement home I played at, there is no one who takes it that serious. The most "expensive" group I've played with requires $1.00 a person for the top two winners to split. Bridge is truly a refined courteous game compared to my completely out of control Euchre clubs:). Nothing happened to her because of Bridge, I am very sure. ^i^

"You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave."

I don't know why, but "Linger Longer" is just creepy to me.
I get it. It doesn't appeal to me. Like someone said a little too
" Stepford Wives " for me.

Linger Longer sounds like a losing race horse.
Moo

Hotel California. :eek:verreaction: Yikes! Okay. I'm gonna back off :cowcouch: before I get into trouble and just read everyone's great posts. I need to take a break and a :chillpill: You guys are great. Really, Sheriff Sills should look into hiring some of you good folks here at Websleuths. :wave:

"You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave."

I don't know why, but "Linger Longer" is just creepy to me.
I get it. It doesn't appeal to me. Like someone said a little too
" Stepford Wives " for me.

Linger Longer sounds like a losing race horse.
Moo

One more thing before I go, Linger Longer does sound like a losing race horse. I'm hoping California Chrome wins the Preakness. Beautiful horse and amazing jockey and trainer and owner. BTW - besides no yard sales - you can't have rickshaws either. Thank you so much gnger~snap! You're an amazing WebSleuther!

One more thing before I go, Linger Longer does sound like a losing race horse. I'm hoping California Chrome wins the Preakness. Beautiful horse and amazing jockey and trainer and owner. BTW - besides no yard sales - you can't have rickshaws either. Thank you so much gnger~snap! You're an amazing WebSleuther!

So young mothers can't bike their infants as around to get fresh air and exercise?
Rediculous!

Linger longer is a place name that is used in several places in Georgia. There is a road going to creek houses near me called linger longer. It's kind of a local term to middle and east Georgia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reading through their blog, on various subjects, the commentators seem very concerned about money, the increased fees, there is also some type of lawsuit that 50 families are involved in... well, they have some of the same opinions and such about things that little folks like me have...but...I saw no mention of the rooster waking them up at 3 am because his clock is off! No mention of horseback riding, feeding the livestock...and such... ;)

This is what I leaning toward too. He was bludgeoned with a shovel or a golf club or some sort of large hammer. I think it happened very close to the garage. The house was secluded. I think the driveway and garage entry location was secluded enough the perp/perps felt comfortable hitting Mr. Dermond as soon as he turned his back on this person/persons, and if Mr. Dermond did turn his back on the perp/perps he felt comfortable enough to turn his back and did not feel an immediate sense of danger from said perp. Sills noted he felt the body was only moved "only a few feet." :scared:

I tend to think he received a contact shot to his head with the bullet remaining inside of the skull which wouldn't leave any blood spatter.

Those who have been bludgeoned to death leave a huge amount of blood spatter because after the first blow the murderer is slinging blood of the victim off of the bludgeoning weapon and it is landing anywhere and everywhere. It is very common in bludgeoning murders for the victim's blood to even be found on high ceilings. The blood is flying through the air at a high velocity with every swing. Even if he was standing in the grass when bludgeoned there would still be detectable blood spatter in the grassy area. Bludgeoning murders are the bloodiest out of all crime scenes.

But something else comes to my mind. The more I think about Sills saying the perp 'could' have left by boat the more I think that is being said to fool the perp into thinking they don't know which way they left..when they actually do know.

It seems the tracking dogs did not pick up a trail scent of Shirley's and that is why Sheriff Sills is saying he is at a loss on where they should search. I think he knows they left the scene by vehicle. That would explain why the dogs didn't track Shirley's scent and the perp or perps wouldn't carry a 148 pound woman all the way down to the boat dock.

I think they parked their own car very close by and once Russ was murdered and decapitated they made Shirley step into their own car and took the head and Shirley away and left the area.

Remember when the tracking dogs were brought out to trail Sierra Lamar's scent when she went missing and the trial scent ended right at the end of her own driveway? The reason it ended right there is because Torres had forced her into his car and then drove away with her inside.

I think the same thing happened in this case. I don't believe Shirley's body or Russ's head are even remotely close to the community. The suspect has taken them miles away to discard both of their remains now.

I also think that is why Sills knows he isn't going to find Shirley's remains in that general area either and why they are no longer doing extensive searches there.

IMO

I wonder, who are the oldest residents in Reynold Plantation? Would someone kill the old couple to sabotage another investment company? Or deal?
You know property values just took a huge hit! Over a week after a brutal murder and zero clues???

I guess anything is possible at this point.

I still think it's someone who feels opressed because of dealings with Mr.Dermond. This person can't stand the fact that he achieved all the wealth and success while this person was left to fail.
He directly blames Mr. Dermond and took from him what money can't buy. His dignity and his wife.
I do think this person is mentally ill and is on meth or something similar.
I also believe that Mrs. Dermond was alive and abused by this animal for a period of time before he killed her.
I also believe he had the help of a similarly disturbed woman to gain Mrs. Dermond's trust.

Moo

BBM This is probably a huge leap but yes, this horrific crime has caused property values to plummet in a second. Who would collectively benefit from an entire neighborhood to lose value and loss of sales? Or, even more, who would be punished? Obviously the homeowners, but in the bigger picture of things? IDK if I am making sense but I am not real estate savy enough to know if the Dermond's could have been picked at random to accomplish this. Is someone so enraged with the entire development that this was a way to destroy the development's new owners? Right away I puttin' up a flag! :truce:

Oh yes, the RP blog holds a host of interesting details! One incident describes a meeting where one of the county commissioners had to end a meeting before he and another govt official almost got in a fistfight! Really! The police had to intervene!

Clearly, there was some serious dissagreements in the RP over everything from security, finances, and building schools!

I did try to find out if either Russell or Shirley was on any boards, but came up with nothing.

another theory I was thinking about was a past employee within RP committing the crime.

Something that struck me was who might be interested in a relationship with Mr. dermond? A food and beverage employee? Perhaps someone who left looking for an investment or loan from the Durmonds for their club or restaurant?

I mean, it takes a certain type of person to remove someone's head. Often times it's people within the medical community. I would imagine someone who routinely breaks down pigs and cows might not have such a hard time with it. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo