Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped from the article

"Sills said the only items they found in the lake were "a lawn chair and a Christmas tree."

I would think LE needs to be checking all those homes that are rented out too.

also snipped from the article

"Sills says the couple's three adult children have returned to their homes in Florida and North Carolina."

I think that means the children and law enforcement know something we don't know. their mother is no longer among the living and so does law enforcement.

Yes, I'm going to agree with you completely on this one.

I don't think for one minute that Sills would show his hand right now.

If they truly believed this was an abduction, they would have a family member making a personal plea on national television.

Between the neighbors, family, and LE, the silence is positively DEAFENING.

Btw, did anyone else think it was odd how few people came to the vigil?

Yes, I'm going to agree with you completely on this one.

I don't think for one minute that Sills would show his hand right now.

If they truly believed this was an abduction, they would have a family member making a personal plea on national television.

Between the neighbors, family, and LE, the silence is positively DEAFENING.

Btw, did anyone else think it was odd how few people came to the vigil?

We had a heavy rain just before so I wonder if that kept some from attending? It did keep us from going.

snipped from the article

"Sills said the only items they found in the lake were "a lawn chair and a Christmas tree."

I would think LE needs to be checking all those homes that are rented out too.

also snipped from the article

"Sills says the couple's three adult children have returned to their homes in Florida and North Carolina."

I think that means the children and law enforcement know something we don't know. their mother is no longer among the living and so does law enforcement.

Could you please explain what rental homes you are talking about?

If you are talking about the nice cottages/houses around the Ritz Lodge & Spa, those are in a vicinity where people are walking by them or going by on a golf cart all day long.

with the security issues/ camera's not working etc, I wouldn't doubt if the person just drove right on in. I have this feeling they are not as secure as they are selling. IMO

I too am shocked that the family is so quiet.

I have been a longtime observer and haven't posted in quite awhile but this case hits home. I have family that live in this area and would like to add my personal observations/perspectives.
Reynolds Plantation is a prestigious, high dollar community with around 80% of its residents at or above retirement age. The community "feel" and opinion that I'm hearing is that this was a well calculated, well executed murder. No blood, no fingerprints and most likely was carried out via boat. Mrs. Dermond was last seen on Thursday evening. She played bridge and had a regular partner she rode to and from bridge club with. Speculation was that someone knew this was a weekly event and that Mr. Dermond would be at home, alone.
I'm not sure msm has let this out yet, but the lake immediately fronting the home was dredged over the weekend. The Dermonds lived on a part of Lake Oconee which is close to open water and being a man-made lake, it's deep waters are filled with tree stumps and debris. If she was placed in the lake, it would be nearly impossible that she would ever be found.

Local information is invaluable. Thank you so much for sharing your insight!

Maybe I'm missing something... why would it be important that Mr Dermond would be home alone on Thursday evening? I mean, doesn't LE think the crime took place Friday &/or Saturday?

Could you please explain what rental homes you are talking about?

If you are talking about the nice cottages/houses around the Ritz Lodge & Spa, those are in a vicinity where people are walking by them or going by on a golf cart all day long.

Okay. Let me look for the link and double check. My apologies! :findinglink:

with the security issues/ camera's not working etc, I wouldn't doubt if the person just drove right on in. I have this feeling they are not as secure as they are selling. IMO

I too am shocked that the family is so quiet.

In one of those newsletters there was concern about the gate's security check. The problem was explained that residents keep calling the gate not only for visitors permissions, but for other unnecessary things and this distracts the security personnel from their work. Now those newsletters are both from 2013, so we can't know if the gate security since has improved or not. It could already have been tighter security in place, but it could still be the same, which could allow someone enter and exit undetected while the security personnel is busy on the phone.

I keep thinking about the Christmas tree that was sunk. I am assuming Mr. Dermond did this himself around his dock to give cover to fish. I wonder if he did a lot of fishing at the dock.
I think I saw what looked like a couch sitting on the dock. I have heard he liked to golf and walk, but nothing about fishing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

This is my second attempt to post my thoughts. I think the first didn't post for some reason. So, forgive me if it ends up posting twice!

I read somewhere early on that many of the properties are owned by people who work in Atlanta and only come home on the week-ends. That particular week-end had the derby activities going on. I think they should be looking for a single man, a professional, who has property in the development or somewhere else on the lake but who doesn't live there full-time. Someone who may come there sporadically or only on week-ends or holidays. Someone who prefers solitary activities like fishing on the lake to community events. Someone who had occasion to observe the Dermond's week-end routines, who has knowledge that they live alone, who is familiar with their property. Mrs. Dermond could have been taken to a residence and then removed from the area all together by Monday morning.

I also read that LE were out re-visiting homes that they had previously been to but had found no one home. How many homes are empty full-time? How many have home-owners who only come on the week-ends? Was there anyone observed to be home at some point that week-end but it's not clear when they actually departed (like maybe in the middle of the night, so not seen coming or going)? Are they taking dogs with them when they go to any of these homes where no one is home?

If this (a planned murder on-site and a kidnapping) wasn't done by a sociopath who did so for his own sick fantasies, then my second guess is that the perp. intended to take both Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Perhaps Mr. Dermond did not submit as easily as the perp. expected. Perhaps he was verbally combative and the perp. killed him because he became angry, frustrated, or because taking Mr. Dermond alive just wasn't worth the ruckus. Somewhere it was shared (maybe a rumor) that a neighbor had heard voices coming from the home. I think that was said to be Saturday night. He may have then taken the head to remove evidence (a bullet) or he just got so angry at Mr. Dermond for making it hard on him. I think if the later scenario is what happened then there is something about the Dermonds business or financial affairs we don't know. Perhaps a ransom request or some other financial payout was the original goal but now Mr. Dermond is dead. Maybe the perp. has nixed the original plan.

So, where is Mrs. Dermond?

With vacation rentals on Lake Oconee, I think it could be plausible for a person/people to rent a cabin/cottage, house, and partake in drugs like bath salts, and commit bizarre crimes. It is plausible to me that this could be a possibility....
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/georgia/lake-oconee/r5654
Just throwing out thoughts....
IMOO.

Here is the link with the rentals that are available. Not all are in RP you are correct. It is a very interesting look at some beautiful houses.

I don't think it's odd. I can't imagine the fear that must have enveloped the community. I wouldn't have gone.

They often say that the perp will attend vigils, I think if I lived in the area I would be a little scared to go and probably wouldn't unless I knew them personally.
Moo

I keep thinking about the Christmas tree that was sunk. I am assuming Mr. Dermond did this himself around his dock to give cover to fish. I wonder if he did a lot of fishing at the dock.
I think I saw what looked like a couch sitting on the dock. I have heard he liked to golf and walk, but nothing about fishing.

Don't be using your leaf blower to blow your leaves and debris into the water though per the newsletter. That's interesting about a couch sitting on the dock. That might not have went over too well with neatniks. Can't work on your vehicle in your drive way either. Real Christmas trees are collected around here from time to time and dumped into a nearby lake for fish cover.

ETA: Maybe Mrs. Dermond enjoyed fishing from her dock...

When I first posted the link to the blog, several WS'ers found the posts "satirical" and dismissed it... so I'm really glad to see that others have found it informative :)

I mentioned that the link you provided to that specific day was satirical, but I did not dismiss it. It is an informative blog.
IMOO.

Don't be using your leaf blower to blow your leaves and debris into the water though per the newsletter. That's interesting about a couch sitting on the dock. That might not have went over too well with neatniks. Can't work on your vehicle in your drive way either. Real Christmas trees are collected around here from time to time and dumped into a nearby lake for fish cover.

ETA: Maybe Mrs. Dermond enjoyed fishing from her dock...

I saw a closer view of the "sofa" on one of the Atlanta news videos. I think it is a more like a bench (may include a storage compartment) with a back made for dockside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor