GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! I had been reading it earlier that day too! I was surprised how many people thought you were joking. But I think I must have linked right into the juicy bits that day because I googled about security in RP and the blog came up.

If nothing else, it certainly washes a little of the varnish off the utopian 'Reynolds Plantation'!

Having key fobs and paying 78 cents or an odd number of cents to get through the gate I thought was satirical.
I did not think the poster was joking, just the link to that specific day seemed satirical.
IMOO.

Having key fobs and paying 78 cents or an odd number of cents to get through the gate I thought was satirical.
I did not think the poster was joking, just the link to that specific day seemed satirical.
IMOO.

I know... it's not a big deal. I was just hoping people would read the meaning behind the words... and you/they did!

:skip:

Could you please explain what rental homes you are talking about?

If you are talking about the nice cottages/houses around the Ritz Lodge & Spa, those are in a vicinity where people are walking by them or going by on a golf cart all day long.

Most private/gated communities allow homeowners to rent their homes out on a long term basis.
In Reynolds Plantation, anything beyond 90 days is considered long term according to HOA rules.

https://www.reynoldsplantation.com/live-here/long-term-leasing

Long Term Leasing - Reynolds Plantation
https://www.reynoldsplantation.com/live-here/long-term-leasing

The diverse inventory includes privately owned homes, cottages, and condos ... find the ideal rental property for you and your family here at Reynolds Plantation.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/georgia/lake-oconee/r5654

Lake Oconee Vacation Rentals, House Rentals | HomeAway
www.homeaway.com › ... › Georgia › Southern Georgia
HomeAway
Find and book your perfect Lake Oconee vacation rental on HomeAway, the world's largest vacation rental ... Reynolds Plantation Lake Home near the Ritz.

Here is the link with the rentals that are available. Not all are in RP you are correct. It is a very interesting look at some beautiful houses.

Thank you Bootsctr I missed that post earlier. I have been to the area and the Ritz Lodge/Spa but I had no idea soooo many of the homes were available for rent! Wow there were over 90 houses for rent on this one site. This doesn't sound like a wealthy retirement community, it sounds more like a second home investment where people rent out vacation places.

This info will broaden my thinking. Thanks again.

PS thanks to Foxfire also.

In one of those newsletters there was concern about the gate's security check. The problem was explained that residents keep calling the gate not only for visitors permissions, but for other unnecessary things and this distracts the security personnel from their work. Now those newsletters are both from 2013, so we can't know if the gate security since has improved or not. It could already have been tighter security in place, but it could still be the same, which could allow someone enter and exit undetected while the security personnel is busy on the phone.

If I were paying big bucks for that level of security I would damn well expect that the security personnel answer my calls AND NOT be distracted. I f I am having pizza delivered, they better either answer my call giving the OK or call me before letting ANYONE in. Instead the security chief is treating the residents like children and telling them there is "an app for that"!

As mentioned before, vehicles are being robbed so, the Security apparently is not that great for a gated community.

I know... it's not a big deal. I was just hoping people would read the meaning behind the words... and you/they did!

:skip:

Y'all are so cute! :winkkiss: I thought the blog was most invaluable. It certainly broadened my view of the whole situation.

http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/2014/04/09/speak-up-4914-943am/

P.S.: Carolinapeach thank you for the update/closer view of the "sofa". You guys are on spot. I looked at the pictures, but I guess I did not "LOOK" at the pictures. It looks as if they have switched Mr. and Mrs. Dermond around. She was on the opposite side in that slide show of pictures. Maybe I just need a break again.

Doesn't appear the Dermond's are going to make JVM today.

OT - Couch

I'm in Kentucky and ya' never know when/where you might find a couch :D I mean, a SOFA!!

Attachments

• hillbilly woman.jpg
    hillbilly woman.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 66
Linger longer is a place name that is used in several places in Georgia. There is a road going to creek houses near me called linger longer. It's kind of a local term to middle and east Georgia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So linger longer is a term and not an actual street name?

Things I find odd...

The beheading.
Mrs. D's kidnapping.
The adult children of the D's making pretty much no comments. WHY?
If this happened to my parents I would speak to all local media outlets if they let me.
I would beg for information. But that's me.

So linger longer is a term and not an actual street name?

It's also a bar at the Ritz Lodge and Spa! :seeya:

History buff here.. I posted about Linger Longer earlier in the thread..
Read more @ GA GA - Shirley Dermond (Abduction), 87, Putnam County, 2 - 4 May 2014 - Page 38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post ... 100 years ago Reynolds Plantation was established as a family hunting and fishing retreat. Affectionately known as “Linger Longer,”

Mar 28, 2008 - Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting Joel Chandler Harris' hometown of Eatonton, GA. This is Brer Rabbit in front of the Uncle Remus ...

Things I find odd...

The beheading.
Mrs. D's kidnapping.
If this happened to my parents I would speak to all local media outlets if they let me.

If the kidnapping, killing and beheading was a message to one of their family members, maybe they thought it wise not to speak to the perp incase there's further retaliation?
Perhaps LE thought it was in their best interest not to speak?
It is frustrating when there are no more comments by family members, such as in the case of missing Susan Jacobson from Roseville, California. There's a thread on Websleuths for her, and her family has stopped talking to the media and the facebook page for Susan is not updated, and she is Still missing!!! It is beyond frustrating, but that is how it is.
IMOO.

Things I find odd...

The beheading.
Mrs. D's kidnapping.

CHERIE.T, I never find things odd about the actions or reactions of the families of missing/murdered persons.. Although I've met hundreds of these families at CUE national M/M conferences and through other means. I've never seen any two families that reacted the same identical way..

The only thing that these families have in common is that they have been inducted in to the Involuntary Fraternity of the New Life's Normal. This means that they are experiencing something that they would have never dreamed, even in their worst nightmare, could happen to them in this lifetime. There is no playbook for how they are supposed to act..

New Life's Normal; 'There lives will never be the same as it was the day before this tragic crime happened'...

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

History buff here.. I posted about Linger Longer earlier in the thread..
Read more @ GA GA - Shirley Dermond (Abduction), 87, Putnam County, 2 - 4 May 2014 - Page 38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post ... 100 years ago Reynolds Plantation was established as a family hunting and fishing retreat. Affectionately known as “Linger Longer,”

Mar 28, 2008 - Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting Joel Chandler Harris' hometown of Eatonton, GA. This is Brer Rabbit in front of the Uncle Remus ...

I don't know how I missed this. I loved Brer Rabbit as a child. I would love to visit Georgia. It pulls at my heartstrings for some reason. It just seems such a romantic state. Brer Rabbit stories were mainly told to me by my grandfather. I know I had to have had a Brer Rabbit book as a child though. Wish I still had it.

I had to drive from Chattanooga, TN to Perry, GA (just south of Macon, GA) on Friday. This was the top story on all the radio stations in the ATL area and the story also had a good presence on cnn.com, abc.com, ajc.com, and so on, which is GOOD. There is virtually no coverage today. Now the story is very quiet, especially given the gruesome nature of it, and the missing person aspect. The story needs to stay in the media since we do not know for sure the fate of Mrs. Dermond. The investigators, media and family should make this this a media event, instead of assuming she must be gone because of what happened to Mr. Dermond. Always err on the side of caution. If the FBI is involved, I hope they will advise the GA authorities to keep the heat on and keep this story very, very, very much in the public awareness. Were she 16, would there be a different response from all involved?

What happens when a crime like this occurs? Mmmmm...
People become afraid within the community.
Homes do not sell within this gated community.

What happens when homes do not sell within the community?
Do the dues decrease?
Do the owners of the "resort" default?
Could this be a motive?

I had to drive from Chattanooga, TN to Perry, GA (just south of Macon, GA) on Friday. This was the top story on all the radio stations in the ATL area and the story also had a good presence on cnn.com, abc.com, ajc.com, and so on, which is GOOD. There is virtually no coverage today. Now the story is very quiet, especially given the gruesome nature of it, and the missing person aspect. The story needs to stay in the media since we do not know for sure the fate of Mrs. Dermond. The investigators, media and family should make this this a media event, instead of assuming she must be gone because of what happened to Mr. Dermond. Always err on the side of caution. If the FBI is involved, I hope they will advise the GA authorities to keep the heat on and keep this story very, very, very much in the public awareness. Were she 16, would there be a different response from all involved?

I totally agree. From the beginning I have said LE needs to be doing house to house searches in this community. This is an elderly woman and the response should be no different as if it were a child. The entrance gate security needs to be tightened down immediately. Car searches too. I feel Mrs. Dermond could be alive too. Why did local LE just sort of shut down? Who cares if it is a gated community?? A man lost his life in a very gruesome way and the wife is missing!! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! :scared: Registered sex offenders need to be questioned. Other mysterious deaths need to be investigated properly. I don't know how they knew the Realtor on the other side of the lake died accidentally so suddenly. It took them longer to identify Mr. Dermond than to pronounce this woman's death accidental. WTH is going on! :scared:

What happens when a crime like this occurs? Mmmmm...
People become afraid within the community.
Homes do not sell within this gated community.

What happens when homes do not sell within the community?
Do the dues decrease?
Do the owners of the "resort" default?
Could this be a motive?

If I was a betting person, I would bet you could be on to something. However, it takes a particularly cruel person to behead someone - even post-mortem. Someone posted a profile just a few pages back saying it could be a part-timer in the area that only comes in one the weekend. Combine a angry perverted psychopath with someone who is rich enough to live in the area and has become angry at some of the residents - you have an explosive combination :moo: Law enforcement ought to be reading here because at this point I think we have more of an idea of what is going on than they do - maybe not, but I do think we have some extremely smart people posting here who are pretty wise in the ways of the wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannonrae102277