GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said he's well aware that Russell and Shirley Dermond's son was shot to death in 2000, but investigators do not believe that's in anyway related to the death of his father and the disappearance of his mother.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...k-shirley-russell-lake-oconee-murder/8905289/

Thanks....that article also states they believe Mr. D died from 'cranial cerebral trauma' I think it said...how can they know that without the head??? If anyone knows.

A Silver Alert(similar to an Amber Alert) was issued for Shirley Dermond. Their recovery rate has been 100% up to this point. Due to the tremendous amount of msm & internet SM, awareness in the Dermond case, Hopefully this perfect recovery rate will continue in her case.

Stay Strong- Song by Heather Cohen...
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong

Silver Alert Missing Adult/Seniors In The USA
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silver-Alert-Missing-AdultSeniors-In-The-USA/341793345965012
Silver Alert System | Elderly Safety - Parentgiving
www.parentgiving.com › Articles Library › Alzheimer's & Dementia
The missing person incident is reported to the local police. Personal ... Georgia has issued 68 Silver Alerts and all the missing seniors were found.

Welcome Razz

In your community did you have live video of the gate where you could watch the comings and going of cars leaving and coming into the area.

I would put on channel 17 and watch for my family pulling up to the gate.

Now im wondering if that tape could be watched on that date. Maybe that is why Sills said cameras weren't working then said their looking into it. But maybe I'm confused with surveillance at the gate and their suveillance at their home.

This Websleuths thread was started one week ago and now has 70,000 views -
'Awareness is the Key'.. We have to collect the dots before we can connect the dots...

Boardreader Websleuths - Shirley Dermond Websleuths Thread
http://boardreader.com/fp/Websleuths_Crime_Sleuthing_Com_9288/Missing_Forum_Discussion_2026.html

I've noticed that there is very high number of viewers following this thread. Please sign up as a member. Your views are very important to us. Websleuths has been very successful in the past sleuthing and researching missing and murdered persons cases..
Alone we can do little but together we can accomplish anything...quote Helen Keller

Example of a Georgia Missing Person Case where Websleuth Members made a difference;

Families perserverance, social media, Led to Recovery of Missing Athens, GA Woman
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...-networking-led-recovery-missing-athens-woman

:Welcome: Razz

Glad to have you join us!

Welcome Razz

In your community did you have live video of the gate where you could watch the comings and going of cars leaving and coming into the area.

I would put on channel 17 and watch for my family pulling up to the gate.

Now im wondering if that tape could be watched on that date. Maybe that is why Sills said cameras weren't working then said their looking into it. But maybe I'm confused with surveillance at the gate and their suveillance at their home.
Hi Trigger- no we don't. but what you have is great. I think they were talking about the cameras at the gate. And I'm not suprised they weren't working. I suspect that when there are no problems in a community, people, guards etc. become complacent. And with all the unguarded boundries on this huge property, I feel it's probably unrealistic to think someone can't get in if they really want to.

Thanks....that article also states they believe Mr. D died from 'cranial cerebral trauma' I think it said...how can they know that without the head??? If anyone knows.

Fat embolism, I suppose. They've found the pieces of fat (and possibly also the brain tissue) in Mr. Dermond's blood. The presence of the fat emboli in a bloodstream is a sign of a traumatic injury that was done when the victim was alive (and the heart was pumping the blood, allowing the pieces of fat to travel from the point of injury to the other regions of body) and if there were no injuries to the part of body the doctors examined, then, well they had to be localised on the missing head.

ETA: the above is my hypothesis only!

A Silver Alert(similar to an Amber Alert) was issued for Shirley Dermond. Their recovery rate has been 100% up to this point. Due to the tremendous amount of msm & internet SM, awareness in the Dermond case, Hopefully this perfect recovery rate will continue in her case.

I keep hoping that more photos of Shirley will be posted to help people identify and stay on the lookout for her... hasn't been any that I know of except for the one DR Lic photo given out when she first went missing.

This photo of Shirley from 2013 is out there on the web (I've edited it to crop out others), but I am posting here in the hopes that with among the 70,000 views we are getting, someone has seen SOMETHING and this may help to bring her home...

She looks like such a kind, sweet lady - about the same age as my own mother. I am praying for her safe return.

Attachments

• shirley dermond 2013.jpg
    shirley dermond 2013.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 96
I saw the same thing days ago. On 5/4 the DIL went to a Gaga concert. Seriously? Then posted about it. I didn't post anything since I didn't know if we were allowed to. IMO
What's wrong with going to a Lady Gaga concert? Was she supposed to stay home in anticipation of her FIL being found murdered two days later?

We're not supposed to sleuth family members, guys.

A coroner would have experience in beheading, but I can think of no instance where a surgeon or M.D. would have clinical experience in beheading. ^i^

A

No, of course not but they would have knowledge of the entire human body and what connects where and how when a layperson wouldn't possess such knowledge when it came to the human anatomy.

In other cases the way the decapitation was made gave LE a possible profile into who the murderer was. It showed the person doing the decapitating had some knowledge of the human anatomy due to how clean the wound was or it showed that possibly it was their first decapitation victim.

Other decapitations have shown LE that the killer probably hadn't decapitated heads before because the decapitation was jagged, ragged, and had made many cuts in order to remove the head.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the way his head was removed has given the FBI profilers a glimpse into his general overall description and who he possibly could be.

I have read extensively about decapitations over the years and what they can and do tell FBI profilers that are assigned to the case. I don't expect these FBI profilers to overlook it either.

IMO

Thank you for this link.
A very strange article....LE referring to FBI and FBI referring back to LE.

It sounds like the FBI is in the process of offering a reward, but it has not officially been offered yet.

'Unbelievable'! As a Georgian, I am embarrassed that an 87 year old Woman can go missing and her husband murdered and decapitated and there is no Reward offered due to no money.. I posted the article link on my social media sites and received multiple shares in seconds.

The Georgia Governor Nathan Deal should offer a Reward in the Dermond case, imo.
https://www.facebook.com/GovernorDeal

Wonder who are the beneficiaries of the Ds life ins.

IS it far fetched to 'think' that someone who knew the couple may HAVE committed
the crime ? And maybe that someone beheaded Mr to make the crime appear more gruesome?
just thinking out loud.

I imagine many of their assets were joint. With Shirley being listed as missing if she is never found it will take years for the Probate Court to declare that she is considered deceased. Until she is certified as deceased there will be no movement in the assets of the Dermonds. Even if Russ had life insurance and she is listed as primary and their children are listed as secondary beneficiaries it will not be paid out now or anytime soon.

A few years ago a neighbor of ours was suffering from terminal cancer. On Christmas-Eve she drove her car to one of the closest bridges by our home. She jumped off the bridge and committed suicide. There were multiple eye witnesses on the far bank of the lake she jumped in. The police and searchers were out on the water in less than an hour. Her remains have never been found to this day.

Even though there were multiple eye witnesses that saw Mrs. Cory go in the lake it took four more years before the Probate Judge declared her as deceased. Until then her home sat there closed up and all of her assets were tied up and not disbursed to her children.

It may take even longer in this case since there are no eye witnesses that saw her being killed or even abducted it seems.

IMO

I am new to WS and was super excited to get signed up! I live in Fl and only came across this case going to check my email and it caught my attention. I have been browsing the threads for a few days and it's given me a lot of insight on what possibly could have happened to cause this situation as I had no clue what to think except that is was a personal attack due to the decapitation = ( and then Mrs Dermond being taken also. I lost my father in Nov to ACL and that was painful to watch I just cannot imagine what their family must be going through right now my heart really aches for them. Not to mention the poor friend that found Mr D like that. I hope and pray they solve this case it's so scary to think as with some other cases they never get solved nor find the body. Thank you all for the information and all your thoughts it's really informative!

I am new to WS and was super excited to get signed up! I live in Fl and only came across this case going to check my email and it caught my attention. I have been browsing the threads for a few days and it's given me a lot of insight on what possibly could have happened to cause this situation as I had no clue what to think except that is was a personal attack due to the decapitation = ( and then Mrs Dermond being taken also. I lost my father in Nov to ACL and that was painful to watch I just cannot imagine what their family must be going through right now my heart really aches for them. Not to mention the poor friend that found Mr D like that. I hope and pray they solve this case it's so scary to think as with some other cases they never get solved nor find the body. Thank you all for the information and all your thoughts it's really informative!

WELCOME!!! loveboxerkisses!!! :)

No, of course not but they would have knowledge of the entire human body and what connects where and how when a layperson wouldn't possess such knowledge when it came to the human anatomy.

In other cases the way the decapitation was made gave LE a possible profile into who the murderer was. It showed the person doing the decapitating had some knowledge of the human anatomy due to how clean the wound was or it showed that possibly it was their first decapitation victim.

Other decapitations have shown LE that the killer probably hadn't decapitated heads before because the decapitation was jagged, ragged, and had made many cuts in order to remove the head.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the way his head was removed has given the FBI profilers a glimpse into his general overall description and who he possibly could be.

I have read extensively about decapitations over the years and what they can and do tell FBI profilers that are assigned to the case. I don't expect these FBI profilers to overlook it either.

IMO

I agree that the FBI profilers probably know if the killer had experience with decapitation or dismemberment. Keep in mind that in this part of the country there are a lot of avid hunters and also farmers. I moved south from the suburban northeast a few years ago and found it somewhat amazing how many people (male and female) have the knowledge/skill to slaughter and butcher an animal. It is very common in rural parts of the country. There are certainly way more farmers and hunters around here than there are doctors.

Welcome loveboxerkisses

:wagon:
:balloons:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics