GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just referring to your theory....Definitley could be truth or fiction and definit the makings of a crime novel .
As we are left to speculate about the Dermond murders and what dancinunderthemoon aptly refers to as a crime novel, I seemed to have caused some confusion in my theory. I'm too verbose for my own good, but I'll try to explain: the seeds were sown for the Dermond murders long ago in some preceding "event"; the preceding event involved the Dermonds and a "victim". Somewhere, somehow someone kept score in this macabre tale ( the "victim" in my opinion) and upon death revealed a long held secret (suicide note/deathbed statement) implicating the Dermonds. Close family/relatives upon discovering the secret, plot revenge and carry out the murders.

Makes sense and I agree, I did some digging around and had my own questions but nothing concrete, just my suspicions, the only thing that comes to mind for me since it has, as you said, been 2 years of silence by the family not putting their foot down.............that they wish not to open Pandora's box, theirs or someone elses...for whatever reasons..........Thanks for your input here
The family can pressure the governor to call in GBI and they can also request the FBI get involved more or even take over the case. I know someone about a year ago posted they were told to remain quiet while their family members murder is being investigated which i'm sure that's what they were told but it's wrong on the PD to tell them that. Sills telling a family that would only have 1 thing to gain and that's hoping people will forget. I would assume that this murder has gained attention from some type of tv show and the only reason it hasn't made it to tv is that Sills will not give any information due to his department dropping the ball on this case. This family has the money to hire a private investigator and they have failed to do so which I also find very odd, they have not spoken about this in 2 years another thing I find odd. I also did some investigating on them and while nothing points to them being involved I did notice some strange things that I can't go into on here . Very strange case with lots of twists and turns under the radar. WHY hasn't this case made national headlines? My guess is Sills messed up this case and will not admit to it so he's staying silent. When a murder happens most PD's will do anything to catch the murderer since it would calm the residents and Sills being an elected official would have even more reasons to use every resource to assure he gets the murderer and prove to the residents he can protect them and will get justice for them if something happens. He has failed to do this because he mishandled the investigation which is why he has remained silent in my opinion

IM still curious about the female relative that was not being truthful in early questioning and that SIlls further interrogated.....did they have relatives living in the area or was it an offspring, cousin, sister of Mr or Mrs D? WHO? only one comes to mind as we know those family members were questioned
As we are left to speculate about the Dermond murders and what dancinunderthemoon aptly refers to as a crime novel, I seemed to have caused some confusion in my theory. I'm too verbose for my own good, but I'll try to explain: the seeds were sown for the Dermond murders long ago in some preceding "event"; the preceding event involved the Dermonds and a "victim". Somewhere, somehow someone kept score in this macabre tale ( the "victim" in my opinion) and upon death revealed a long held secret (suicide note/deathbed statement) implicating the Dermonds. Close family/relatives upon discovering the secret, plot revenge and carry out the murders.

I am very curious about this relative too since Sills said she broke down during the 2nd round of questioning.

I am very curious about this relative too since Sills said she broke down during the 2nd round of questioning.

How does dishonesty creep into this case from a relative who should be trying their best to help or want to know who did this?? just werid IMO

Another thought I had was them using a boat that apparently traveled about 5 miles where they dropped mrs dermond off. This gives them a possible direction that they were heading in I would be checking for any cameras from the dermonds home to there and beyond. Someone or the town must have a camera near there that might catch something. This is the age of cameras there are also main roads going to and from the lake I assume and i'm sure there are traffic cameras there were these checked?

Another thought I had was them using a boat that apparently traveled about 5 miles where they dropped mrs dermond off. This gives them a possible direction that they were heading in I would be checking for any cameras from the dermonds home to there and beyond. Someone or the town must have a camera near there that might catch something. This is the age of cameras there are also main roads going to and from the lake I assume and i'm sure there are traffic cameras there were these checked?

My thoughts are, if they live on the lake or in the area, even if not liveing in GW but owning property, they could use any public boat launches, they will avoid areas with cameras of course, but if they were to check everyone's cameras that had background images, they could investigate them all or have some boat styles that were out, at night tho, IT"S DARK, probably not a lot of people down on that end they dumped the poor Mrs D, at night or day...the Lawrence Shoals launch near the dam, very quite, no cameras, but there is a dump along that route, HMMM, did anyone check it? IDK......proably had been pciked up by the time they discovered the bodies but there is usally a trail of where it was dumped Ithink, did they check?? IDK........if someone doestn' live IN GW, they can easily access the lake at the hwy that if you drive the lake, heads straight to their cove or at LS and are probably very familiar as well with the lake.. I figured they exited at LS, it's quiet, secluded, no houses, the road that leads out is very dark and long 2 lane road with nothing but mostly raw land

Good article I must have missed that one. So they did check around the lake for cameras but we never heard the results I assume they found nothing. FBI believe it was 2 people involved another thing sills won't admit. I'd love to hear them test that dna they found with the new technology they have now.

30K donated by RP Corp....$13k donated, rather PROMISED by residents and then the initial amount what $15K by fbi? And one of the residents was MciVer according to his article....will be back to add link for this info HERE ; http://www.wsbtv.com/news/donations-increase-reward-reynolds-plantation-murd/138270224
ALSO.....http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...derly-eatonton-couple/4jd1iAie2KJDgZNQ8lmbxO/

This article says Reynolds Plantation donated $30k to the Dermond reward fund.......does that mean the Corporation/LLC itself or does that mean PEOPLE of RP collected for the fund?

Another good link thanks. Sills says he doesn't think the killers are professional which I find odd since they didn't leave any evidence that could lead to their capture tells me they have a lot of experience and it wasn't their 1st rodeo. I wish he would come out and say what he has for evidence but he insists on just lying to the public by saying he has all evidence ( if he did he'd have the killers) He believes it was more than 1 person ( what makes you believe that?) There is a person of interest ( what happened to that person is he/she still a person of interest or did you clear them?) The feds did a profile but we never heard the results . He believes the Dermonds knew their killer in some way ( My bet is they knew the killer well enough to open the door for them) Coroners report should have a time of death listed so he has a better timeframe of when the murder happened than he is telling us The coroners office can at least guess the day since it wasn't like the body had been there for weeks . He said he doesn't know where the murders happened ( don't let him fool you he knows exactly where they happened, what weapon(s) was used . Yet it's almost 3 years and he says each day he and his department work on this case ( doubt that ) my bet is he hasn't done anything on this case in over a year. Horrendous double murder of an elderly couple and there has been no pressure for results by the family or the community because he won't answer questions. I'm not asking he gives names but any type of update would be better than silence. 65 more days and it will be the 3 year anniversary to the horrendous crime and there's no suspect and no clues and basically no chance of this getting solved because the sheriff probably dropped the ball on this case and now he has to wait for either a confession or a witness to come forward and collect a measly 50k reward... Sad Sad Sad.

Or from no one they suspect.....

.OR did the killers NOT even go inside the house, of course their is the crime scene or what appears to be the crime scene, an early article said it looked like hed been dragged a few feet IIRC.....maybe he was dragged off a tarp to where he was found lying in the garage, ah, more speculation.....but might explain the lack of forensics esp inside the house, all the perps had to do was lure them outside, might be it was her first since she was dressed for the day, he heard a noise and came outside....
It sounds like Sills may be spinning the recovered fingerprints and DNA evidence. Meaning, they have a lot of fingerprints and DNA but none of it is from the perp (s).

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Another good link thanks. Sills says he doesn't think the killers are professional which I find odd since they didn't leave any evidence that could lead to their capture tells me they have a lot of experience and it wasn't their 1st rodeo. I wish he would come out and say what he has for evidence but he insists on just lying to the public by saying he has all evidence ( if he did he'd have the killers) He believes it was more than 1 person ( what makes you believe that?) There is a person of interest ( what happened to that person is he/she still a person of interest or did you clear them?) The feds did a profile but we never heard the results . He believes the Dermonds knew their killer in some way ( My bet is they knew the killer well enough to open the door for them) Coroners report should have a time of death listed so he has a better timeframe of when the murder happened than he is telling us The coroners office can at least guess the day since it wasn't like the body had been there for weeks . He said he doesn't know where the murders happened ( don't let him fool you he knows exactly where they happened, what weapon(s) was used . Yet it's almost 3 years and he says each day he and his department work on this case ( doubt that ) my bet is he hasn't done anything on this case in over a year. Horrendous double murder of an elderly couple and there has been no pressure for results by the family or the community because he won't answer questions. I'm not asking he gives names but any type of update would be better than silence. 65 more days and it will be the 3 year anniversary to the horrendous crime and there's no suspect and no clues and basically no chance of this getting solved because the sheriff probably dropped the ball on this case and now he has to wait for either a confession or a witness to come forward and collect a measly 50k reward... Sad Sad Sad.

RIGHT....EXPLAINS IT! And this amateur walked away without a leaving a trace so far as we know)
Like Foxfire used to always say "there is never a perfect crime only an imperfect investigation (I hope he's smiling down when someone mentions his name or quotes him lol) something like that
You saw how Tara Grinstead small town investigation seems to be botched.....IDK....If the public had shared more in that case it would have been solved........did Sills say peope were afraid to talk? I know there were a few that interjected themselves into the investigation...keys I think was their preacher and seems like another
...I thought the house was turned over pretty quickly to the family
That's another thing....on the Tara Grinstead case....the fear....seems mostly the family may have FEAR for not doing something more...did they go home and just FORGET their parents were murdred so gruesomely or like in the TG case, people were afraid to talk but mostly the public...seems like the family here has less to say than anyone
Yeah I keep hearing about a POI, was that the man on the lawn that no one could ID or is it another, was it the lady who was untruthful in the beginning and WHY
I agree about the door, let them right in or lured them outside, midde of the night no one would see or hear a thing in their secluded location mostly
The coroner or whomever gave a span of 3 days but thought it occurred on that Fri but I think Death certificate gave TOD as the day they were found IIRC
Naw, nothing to work on unless he's getting calls and he says they aren't awhile back, they've exhausted what they have probably and no one else is looking at it, need a podcast investigation on this one too, stir some crap up, someone knows and I think Sills is just waiting on a phone call by someone who has all the info....all the info was there in the Tara Grinstead case, just no one saw it or somebody or everybody was covering it up or covering someone elses butt.....takes someone from outside looking in sometimes to see more
If a gun was used there should be a mark from the bullet wouldn't there? or splatter, if bludgeoned or one hard hit, not so much and none probably if his head was covered, many speculate this happened outside the reason for not much blood in garage of course we don't really know how much if any since reports are all contradicting
AND THE REWARD MONEY IS A JOKE! It should be atleast 200k, wheres the family, did they donate? WIsh I knew how to find out who did

I don't remember LE releasing what their normal routine was like each day.

If I remember right, she was dressed for the day (maybe for a shopping trip or for a meeting - we don't know) and he was in his robe and pjs. Maybe she was waiting on him to get dressed so they could go together? Maybe she didn't drive?

Did they normally get up each morning and eat breakfast together before or after taking a shower and getting dressed? Did he walk each day on the links? Was it normally in the AM or PM? Did she walk or exercise each morning, maybe with him? He was seen walking on the golf course, but did LE ever confirm if it was on that Friday or another day? Did he come home and shower after his walk or take a dip in the pool?

I would think that Sills and/or the family/neighbors could release this type of info that we could dig into without jeopardizing his investigation of the case.

I don't remember LE releasing what their normal routine was like each day.

If I remember right, she was dressed for the day (maybe for a shopping trip or for a meeting - we don't know) and he was in his robe and pjs. Maybe she was waiting on him to get dressed so they could go together? Maybe she didn't drive?

Did they normally get up each morning and eat breakfast together before or after taking a shower and getting dressed? Did he walk each day on the links? Was it normally in the AM or PM? Did she walk or exercise each morning, maybe with him? He was seen walking on the golf course, but did LE ever confirm if it was on that Friday or another day? Did he come home and shower after his walk or take a dip in the pool?

I would think that Sills and/or the family/neighbors could release this type of info that we could dig into without jeopardizing his investigation of the case.

What I remember without a link, she was dressed in plain clothes for the day, he appeared to have been getting ready for his first cup of coffee. I dont know if they put a routine other than her routine of crossword puzzles, was one by the chair she'd been working?

I do know as you do, it was Derby party day so all routines were probalby out the window except breakfast, maybe they go to the waffle house or somewhere on a regular basis for breakfast, alot of retirees find a favorite breakfast "pub" lol....Dont recall any mention of food stuffs, just coffee, probably did do brunch or later breaksfast out somewhere

They didnt have a pool, i think for some reason there was confusion on that part. Cant remember why... He did take walks on the greens and was seen walking that week but dont recall if it was morning or evening

And there were 2 cars in the driveway, assuming both drove but IDK

Reynolds Plantation just like other retirement communities often charge a hoa fee monthly which provides services and protection among other things. If the Dermond family wanted they could sue the association for not repairing the security camera

Sorry I don't follow..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member