GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of thought it was not about how much someone knows but connecting the dots.............on the other hand, 2 minds are better than one

re: “If you can tell me something the GBI knows how to do that I don’t know how to do then I will be glad and call them,” Sills said.

Yep, dancinunderthemoon, we all know that ya, 'Can't connect the dots, if ya don't collect the dots'.. Can you imagine the additional costs incurred by the citizens of Putnam County, GA due to the decision not to call in the GBI for assistance in the Dermond murders investigation?

https://gbi.georgia.gov/

GBI Divisions
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is an independent, statewide agency that provides assistance to the state's criminal justice system in the areas of criminal investigations, forensic laboratory services and computerized criminal justice information. The Bureau consists of three divisions:

GBI Investigative Division:
Special agents from the Investigative Division respond to requests for assistance from local law enforcement officials to investigate major crimes throughout Georgia.

Division of Forensic SciencesDivision of Forensic Sciences (GBI Crime Laboratory)

Georgia Crime Information CenterGeorgia Crime Information Center

On the lighter side:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/lake-sinclair-alligator-caught-relocated/167225060
Boaters and homeowners in Baldwin County can rest easy -- the Lake Sinclair alligator has been caught.... May 03/2016

Im sure it's been investigated but has it been discussed here? ; a ransom situation? Would the family not confess to such if they didnt comply or call the police if threatened their parents? The perps wuold have to kill the D's to keep the family quiet if they didnt comply? Maybe bluffed? IDK reaching again
I had always thought it was a hit. I still feel that someone was sending a message to those close to the elder couple that if such and such is not met by such and such a date, then this is what will happen to you and your children.

"They" killed Mr. McDermond first, and hoped that whoever they were sending the message to, got it and complied, and when that didn't happen, she was next.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

re: “If you can tell me something the GBI knows how to do that I don’t know how to do then I will be glad and call them,” Sills said.

Yep, dancinunderthemoon, we all know that ya, 'Can't connect the dots, if ya don't collect the dots'.. Can you imagine the additional costs incurred by the citizens of Putnam County, GA due to the decision not to call in the GBI for assistance in the Dermond murders investigation?

https://gbi.georgia.gov/

GBI Divisions
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is an independent, statewide agency that provides assistance to the state's criminal justice system in the areas of criminal investigations, forensic laboratory services and computerized criminal justice information. The Bureau consists of three divisions:

GBI Investigative Division:
Special agents from the Investigative Division respond to requests for assistance from local law enforcement officials to investigate major crimes throughout Georgia.

Division of Forensic SciencesDivision of Forensic Sciences (GBI Crime Laboratory)

Georgia Crime Information CenterGeorgia Crime Information Center

On the lighter side:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/lake-sinclair-alligator-caught-relocated/167225060
Boaters and homeowners in Baldwin County can rest easy -- the Lake Sinclair alligator has been caught.... May 03/2016

Hi there friend! LTNS!

Its been so long now that my memory fails me, but did the Sheriff bring in the FBI to assist on this case?

I still continue to believe this was either random by some sadistic serial killer/s who gets off by leaving the victim in a gruesome manner (for shock and awe) or it was someone the Dermond victims knew personally who may have had a jealousy or a resentment for one or both of them. If it was a random serial killer they could have just taken Shirley with them and dropped her body in the water on the way to the landing where they were going to take the boat out. If it was done by someone they both knew personally, I think the murderer lives in the vicinity they did....maybe not the same home area, but someone from the surrounding area that knew the property, and the waterways in that area very well . Its appalling how some can really resent the success of others even to the point of having murderous hatred in their heart towards them.

I don't think it had anything to do with sending a message because for that to be done someone would have to know what the message was, and their children are just as stumped as everyone else. I honestly think if any of the children knew anything they would immediately tell LE because it is obvious that they are haunted that they don't know who killed their loving parents or why and will always be devastated by their tremendous loss. Sometimes the unknown 'why' is as hard to endure as the murders themselves.

But nowadays people can murder for the most trivial of things with no rhyme or reason to their madness. No longer are gruesome overkills done by only those familiar with the victim/s. Total strangers are doing some of the most evil overkills to those they didn't know nor never met.:(

I see nothing in the background of the Dermonds nor their children that makes me think this was a hit. They had long been retired, and lived there peacefully for many years and were highly well thought of and respected. I think they were very close to their children and grandchildren. Iirc, they talked to their friends glowingly, and proudly about their children, and grandchildren.

I think that is one reason the Sheriff is stumped is because he couldn't find any enemies they had nor their children had, and you know he investigated that aspect thoroughly. Iirc this investigation included going to many states and not just in Georgia. He has his reasons for saying the idea that this was a Mafia type hit is absurd. IMO

This case like so many others may never be solved. If it was someone who had no attachment to either Dermond whatsoever those are the hardest to solve as you well know. The ones that are the easiest is when the murderer/s knew them well and others knew about resentment someone may have had for them. If they had an enemy or their children did that would long be discovered by now. Even before they decided to murder them they would have made degrading remarks around others talking about their disdain or resentment they had toward the parents personally or their children.

Frankly, I don't think either one of the victims had any enemies where someone would want to murder them nor do I think their kids do either.

No hit man I have ever heard about goes to all the trouble to take one of the victims out in a deep body of water to hide them. That just makes no sense to me. Hit men don't go through all that effort, and don't hide what they have done. The point is to leave them there in plain sight for everyone to see right where they were killed and leave as quickly as they came. So the hit man theory while interesting just doesn't ring true in this particular case for me at least. They don't take exaggerated chances of being seen and it would have taken time to do what he did to Shirley with chances of being seen not only on their property but leaving if they left by boat or vehicle and then going out to reach the deep waters is more chances a hit man wouldn't take, imo. In the old days the Mafia did take the head but that is no longer necessary when everyone has cell phones and can immediately send photos of the victims they have killed.

I just wish it could be solved for their children/grandchildren's sake. I know it will forever torment them if they never find out who did this and why. From the way the children talked their parents were very sweet loving parents and grandparents and I know they must miss them terribly.

IMO

Yes, this has gone one much too long. Hoping for an arrest soon,

Two years and no closer to an answer than we were on Day 1.

What stands out to me is the brutality that was committed on both Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Why would a person need or want to behead a person? That seems like a rage killing or a killing to prove to someone they did the job. I have never made my mind up. Where is the head? Who would want to be driving and get stopped with a head in your trunk? Is it in another spot in the lake, weighted down?

Poor Mrs. Dermond. I hope she didn't see what happened to her husband. We will never know what that sweet lady went through before she was murdered and tossed into the lake.

In this great world we live in, it is still hard to believe that a person can murder a fellow human being without getting caught. The same thing goes for children or adults who go missing, never to be heard from again.

There was a recent murder of a man who was decapitated while his truck was parked in a boat dock. The decapitation and possible use of a boat both common to these murders. Granted it is not in the same area, but then again it is possible that the killer is moving around ala Keyes. The distance is 900 miles, 13 hours by car.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pear...cle_d7acce8c-8d01-5b90-8b95-43abe2fc4edc.html

According to a press release, deputies were dispatched to the Austin Bayou Boat Ramp on FM 2004 around 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 3, after a caller reported seeing what appeared-to-be a dead body in a blue Chevrolet pickup. When Deputies arrived, they found a deceased man lying on the front seat of the truck who had been decapitated. Upon closer inspection, it was discovered the man’s head was not in the truck.

Hi there friend! LTNS!

Its been so long now that my memory fails me, but did the Sheriff bring in the FBI to assist on this case?

I still continue to believe this was either random by some sadistic serial killer/s who gets off by leaving the victim in a gruesome manner (for shock and awe) or it was someone the Dermond victims knew personally who may have had a jealousy or a resentment for one or both of them. If it was a random serial killer they could have just taken Shirley with them and dropped her body in the water on the way to the landing where they were going to take the boat out. If it was done by someone they both knew personally, I think the murderer lives in the vicinity they did....maybe not the same home area, but someone from the surrounding area that knew the property, and the waterways in that area very well . Its appalling how some can really resent the success of others even to the point of having murderous hatred in their heart towards them.

I don't think it had anything to do with sending a message because for that to be done someone would have to know what the message was, and their children are just as stumped as everyone else. I honestly think if any of the children knew anything they would immediately tell LE because it is obvious that they are haunted that they don't know who killed their loving parents or why and will always be devastated by their tremendous loss. Sometimes the unknown 'why' is as hard to endure as the murders themselves.

But nowadays people can murder for the most trivial of things with no rhyme or reason to their madness. No longer are gruesome overkills done by only those familiar with the victim/s. Total strangers are doing some of the most evil overkills to those they didn't know nor never met.:(

I see nothing in the background of the Dermonds nor their children that makes me think this was a hit. They had long been retired, and lived there peacefully for many years and were highly well thought of and respected. I think they were very close to their children and grandchildren. Iirc, they talked to their friends glowingly, and proudly about their children, and grandchildren.

I think that is one reason the Sheriff is stumped is because he couldn't find any enemies they had nor their children had, and you know he investigated that aspect thoroughly. Iirc this investigation included going to many states and not just in Georgia. He has his reasons for saying the idea that this was a Mafia type hit is absurd. IMO

This case like so many others may never be solved. If it was someone who had no attachment to either Dermond whatsoever those are the hardest to solve as you well know. The ones that are the easiest is when the murderer/s knew them well and others knew about resentment someone may have had for them. If they had an enemy or their children did that would long be discovered by now. Even before they decided to murder them they would have made degrading remarks around others talking about their disdain or resentment they had toward the parents personally or their children.

Frankly, I don't think either one of the victims had any enemies where someone would want to murder them nor do I think their kids do either.

No hit man I have ever heard about goes to all the trouble to take one of the victims out in a deep body of water to hide them. That just makes no sense to me. Hit men don't go through all that effort, and don't hide what they have done. The point is to leave them there in plain sight for everyone to see right where they were killed and leave as quickly as they came. So the hit man theory while interesting just doesn't ring true in this particular case for me at least. They don't take exaggerated chances of being seen and it would have taken time to do what he did to Shirley with chances of being seen not only on their property but leaving if they left by boat or vehicle and then going out to reach the deep waters is more chances a hit man wouldn't take, imo. In the old days the Mafia did take the head but that is no longer necessary when everyone has cell phones and can immediately send photos of the victims they have killed.

I just wish it could be solved for their children/grandchildren's sake. I know it will forever torment them if they never find out who did this and why. From the way the children talked their parents were very sweet loving parents and grandparents and I know they must miss them terribly.

IMO

<BBM for Focus>

Yes if has been a very long time, Ocean... It is very interesting reading back through the old threads and articles related to the Dermond murders. Yes, the FBI was called in to assist in the investigation by Sheriff Sills. The GBI Lab and Medical Examiner were also utilized, but the well trained and experienced GBI Special Agents were not requested by Sills. All available investigative resources must be used in a homicide investigation of this magnitude to insure justice for the Dermonds and their family.
Imo, there was a message sent; a veiled threat, yet is simply being ignored or not being shared publicly by investigators due to the ramifications..
I agree that it wasn't a Mafia hit, but a hit just the same, imo..
The writing is on the wall and the devil is in the details. jmo

Bumping this latest Macon Telegraph article; 'Son of Slain Dermond Couple' Says Lake Oconee Mystery "Haunts Us"... April 30/2016

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article74944397.html

From your link.

The sheriff is also in touch with federal authorities who have been on the case since it began.

&#8220;We are still working with the FBI and plan on doing something in the next couple of weeks,&#8221; Sills said Friday. &#8220;Nothing earth-shattering, but part of the ongoing investigation.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article74944397.html#storylink=cpy

Bumping this latest Macon Telegraph article; 'Son of Slain Dermond Couple' Says Lake Oconee Mystery "Haunts Us"... April 30/2016

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article74944397.html
Well, I can see (and read) that all of us hang onto our original theories. It is unfortunate, however, that Sills continues to sound antiquated and his hubris still reigns. A fresh and younger pair of eyes is needed here. IMO

Well, I can see (and read) that all of us hang onto our original theories. It is unfortunate, however, that Sills continues to sound antiquated and his hubris still reigns. A fresh and younger pair of eyes is needed here. IMO

Thank you. Yes I go back to my original theory that this was a message 'someone' understood.

A body 'staged'. RD was placed between his 2 cars. ( his body was moved a couple feet by earlier reports)
He was located outside of his comfortable home in the attached garage.
His immaculate home was untouched. His body showed no signs of abuse.
He was left without a head, no face, stealing his identity. (not really but in a way)
He was alone - his wife was no where near.
Everything he held dear, his bride, his home, his identity was taken.

He was left with his cars and nothing else. Not his dock, not his Home, not his yard, not his face - Clean, no mess, no struggle and no other indication of motive.

Just a faceless body between his cars. His head, his face, his smile, his brain ( mind) were taken cleanly without any difficulty?

Someone got that message and it wasn't the dead man. I doubt RD understood.

MOO

Steleheart, when you list it out like that, it makes one take a step backwards and reread it.

What I came away with is "Wow, someone really hated him!". Wonder what had happened in the last few years that angered a person so severly? I can't imagine that with this kind of rage, whatever set it off, happened many years ago. JMO.

Would you like to share what message you think it was sending? It might just encourage a legal entity that reads here to look in a different area. One can always hope.

Thank you. Yes I go back to my original theory that this was a message 'someone' understood.

A body 'staged'. RD was placed between his 2 cars. ( his body was moved a couple feet by earlier reports)
He was located outside of his comfortable home in the attached garage.
His immaculate home was untouched. His body showed no signs of abuse.
He was left without a head, no face, stealing his identity. (not really but in a way)
He was alone - his wife was no where near.
Everything he held dear, his bride, his home, his identity was taken.

He was left with his cars and nothing else. Not his dock, not his Home, not his yard, not his face - Clean, no mess, no struggle and no other indication of motive.

Just a faceless body between his cars. His head, his face, his smile, his brain ( mind) were taken cleanly without any difficulty?

Someone got that message and it wasn't the dead man. I doubt RD understood.

MOO
Could you be more specific? And what about his wife/bride? She was dressed for the day. Reports say her death was caused by blunt force trauma before she was put in the water.

People on this site got angry with me because I was relieved she hadn't been raped or tortured, and that she was dead before putting her into the water.

I feel a car was used before she was put in the water. A canoe with a body in it might draw attention rowing across the lake. Maybe a canoe (previously stashed by the dam and by the perps) was then used to take her body out to the deep part of the water.

There was a recent murder of a man who was decapitated while his truck was parked in a boat dock. The decapitation and possible use of a boat both common to these murders. Granted it is not in the same area, but then again it is possible that the killer is moving around ala Keyes. The distance is 900 miles, 13 hours by car.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pear...cle_d7acce8c-8d01-5b90-8b95-43abe2fc4edc.html

According to a press release, deputies were dispatched to the Austin Bayou Boat Ramp on FM 2004 around 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 3, after a caller reported seeing what appeared-to-be a dead body in a blue Chevrolet pickup. When Deputies arrived, they found a deceased man lying on the front seat of the truck who had been decapitated. Upon closer inspection, it was discovered the man&#8217;s head was not in the truck.

Thanks for giving us a heads up on this case.
WS has a thread on this case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-24-found-decapitated-Angleton-27-April-2016

Foxfire- Go to the WS link above re Jubal Alexander and read my link from the Clarion Voice.

Could you be more specific? And what about his wife/bride? She was dressed for the day. Reports say her death was caused by blunt force trauma before she was put in the water.

People on this site got angry with me because I was relieved she hadn't been raped or tortured, and that she was dead before putting her into the water.

I feel a car was used before she was put in the water. A canoe with a body in it might draw attention rowing across the lake. Maybe a canoe (previously stashed by the dam and by the perps) was then used to take her body out to the deep part of the water.

I pray she was dead quick, no one deserves that especially not Mrs D I'm sure.......................Canoe maybe, to get to the property by water from closeby, but not to travel as far as she was from her home IMO, it takes an hour to travel by kayak a mile or two, depending on the "tide" also, if you are paddling against it you'd kill yourself trying to row as far as I think they were from the D's

was in the Great Waters area on Greensboro rd today.......as we crossed this bridge, i looked down wondering which house was the D's

Looking at the map, their house isn't that didfficult to find, you almost run right into their cove from the bridge by boat due to the larger land mass and the bend in the river where they are located

but then they took her towards the dam upon exiting,

very easy to get to the d's house from the bridge it appears

of course someone would have to KNOW, they were easy targets and someone would have to have been watching OR they were simply THE target, I have to agree with steleheart and FF on much

Foxfire- Go to the WS link above re Jubal Alexander and read my link from the Clarion Voice.

I am beginning to wonder if it isn't some type of serial killer too.
There is the Dermonds, nothing is taken of value. Mr. Dermonds head is missing.
Jubal, still has his money in his wallet, and head is missing.

Robert Hollis, head missing, but nothing taken, money, jewelry still there. http://pix11.com/2015/06/25/legally...pitated-in-his-southern-california-apartment/

Kelvin Singleton, head not found. http://wavy.com/2016/04/12/man-found-decapitated-identified-as-chowan-escapee/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow