GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wildebeest, he's haughty and plays and is entertained by the rich and famous....it bothers me HIGHLY, listen to the latest podcast on Diane and Tex mciver case.....he does not think tex is guilty.....YET....there are atleast 4 reasons I would convict him....Ill find the link if intersted
Have been reading up on the Tex McIver case, and am a little bothered by the fact SS is good friends with him. His trial has been postponed, as the DA is searching for additional evidence. Does anyone have thoughts about this?

IMHO

I personally think the murder happened on the property or nearby......SS isn't always clear in his musings....it's cryptic or so vaguely spoken it's hard to understand what he means.....HOWEVER on the way he was beheaded....you have a very good point!! I couldnt figure that one out, why so neat.....I've not seen pictures but the way it was told, as if they just followed the curve of his t shirt collar and not surgically but very neat, (paraphrasing and by memory here)..........why? It doestn' seem like an act of rage, unless , UNLESS....the murderer just got some sick satisfaction going slow and easy as if torturing...WOW....2 whole new views on this topic

SO now WHY or WHO would do either ?
I have been reading and thinking about this case for years. Over that time I have become fond of both Dermonds as well as their relationship with each other. I have thought of a possible solution to the case which follows, but both my heart and soul completely reject this solution.

Russell Dermond, 88, almost certainly was murdered somewhere other than the garage, Sills said Monday – which he had suggested earlier.
The amount and pattern of blood in the garage suggested the corpse was brought to the house, Sills said.

After receiving results of an autopsy, he said the official cause of Dermond’s death is “cranial cerebral trauma” – which means the victim’s head was not found with the body. http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/...9bb2963f4.html

I think the reason for returning the body to the residence from the murder scene coupled with the obvious lack of rage involved in removing the head (SS: "clinical") are the keys to this case.

Suppose a man wants to murder his wife and not end up as a suspect himself, he could fake his own death. To do this he needs a body double roughly his size. In Mr D's case he also needed a male who has had a knee operation on his right knee. A homeless person from Atlanta would be a possible candidate because his body will never be identified, and no one will know he is dead.

After removing the head at a remote location, he would need to flatten one of the fingers in a vise. Neither the man's anatomy nor the knee scar need be exact as he would be correct in concluding that no one who had known him in life would be allowed to see headless body. After confirming the presence of both the knee scar and the flattened finger in a phone call to Mr. D's daughter, the remainder of the identification would be by fingerprints.

Mr. D's fingerprints from his military record were over 70 years old. The test fingerprints had to be taken from a body that had been dead for at least several days. To the extent that fingerprint identification is subjective (the literature widely claims this), the knowledge of both the flattened finger and the knee scar, coupled with the body being dressed in Mr. D's robe, T shirt and shorts would create a bias for a positive identification. In any event, in order for this theory of the murder to be valid an error in fingerprint identification would have been required.

If these events transpired, the need to return the headless body to the home is clear. The head removal would show no anger. I invite members of this thread to find things (other than fingerprints, of course) that are unexplained by this theory of the crime.

I found this theory to be so compelling that I e-mailed it to SS several months ago. Although I included a return e-mail address and phone number, it has never been acknowledged. He must have found it lacking.

Again, I reject this theory of the crime on an emotional level. I don't want it to be true.

RSBM for space

The autopsy would show that the finger injury was recent.

Vedder,

I don't know the answer to this. I probably should have pointed out that the flat spot was at the tip of his little finger (I think on the opposite side from the nail). If this spot was flattened in a vise after death I just don't know how obvious it would be. I don't think any bones would be broken, and after death it's my understanding that there would be no bruising.

i am willing to bet both murders happened in the bathroom they did this for easy cleanup . Why would someone kill 2 people in their late 80's and not steal anything expensive from the house after they murdered them? i doubt the murders happened outside of the house as they would risk being seen

.I guess many have used the bathrooms to do their dirty work in the past....We have not heard if there was luminol testing and what the findings were.....is SS keeping secrets so this will just go away? IDK...............also,

Could the killer/s have been taxidermists? Precision cutting.... cutting the T shirt would interfere with smooth cutting, the t shirt was indicative to a deer skin that had been peeled back, now remove the head? The reason for the cut following the t shirt collar? Still so many questions.

Hocky I listened to a little of the podcast last night again also, Christian Boone speaks volumes IMO
i am willing to bet both murders happened in the bathroom they did this for easy cleanup . Why would someone kill 2 people in their late 80's and not steal anything expensive from the house after they murdered them? i doubt the murders happened outside of the house as they would risk being seen

taxidermists blades, https://www.mckenziesp.com/Scalpels-amp-Blades-C2053.aspx

Dont' suppose the hired hit got carried away with his techniques, many do things just to see what it's like...........
.I guess many have used the bathrooms to do their dirty work in the past....We have not heard if there was luminol testing and what the findings were.....is SS keeping secrets so this will just go away? IDK...............also,

Could the killer/s have been taxidermists? Precision cutting.... cutting the T shirt would interfere with smooth cutting, the t shirt was indicative to a deer skin that had been peeled back, now remove the head? The reason for the cut following the t shirt collar? Still so many questions.

Hocky I listened to a little of the podcast last night again also, Christian Boone speaks volumes IMO

I have been reading and thinking about this case for years. Over that time I have become fond of both Dermonds as well as their relationship with each other. I have thought of a possible solution to the case which follows, but both my heart and soul completely reject this solution.

Russell Dermond, 88, almost certainly was murdered somewhere other than the garage, Sills said Monday – which he had suggested earlier.
The amount and pattern of blood in the garage suggested the corpse was brought to the house, Sills said.

After receiving results of an autopsy, he said the official cause of Dermond’s death is “cranial cerebral trauma” – which means the victim’s head was not found with the body. http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/...9bb2963f4.html

I think the reason for returning the body to the residence from the murder scene coupled with the obvious lack of rage involved in removing the head (SS: "clinical") are the keys to this case.

Suppose a man wants to murder his wife and not end up as a suspect himself, he could fake his own death. To do this he needs a body double roughly his size. In Mr D's case he also needed a male who has had a knee operation on his right knee. A homeless person from Atlanta would be a possible candidate because his body will never be identified, and no one will know he is dead.

After removing the head at a remote location, he would need to flatten one of the fingers in a vise. Neither the man's anatomy nor the knee scar need be exact as he would be correct in concluding that no one who had known him in life would be allowed to see headless body. After confirming the presence of both the knee scar and the flattened finger in a phone call to Mr. D's daughter, the remainder of the identification would be by fingerprints.

Mr. D's fingerprints from his military record were over 70 years old. The test fingerprints had to be taken from a body that had been dead for at least several days. To the extent that fingerprint identification is subjective (the literature widely claims this), the knowledge of both the flattened finger and the knee scar, coupled with the body being dressed in Mr. D's robe, T shirt and shorts would create a bias for a positive identification. In any event, in order for this theory of the murder to be valid an error in fingerprint identification would have been required.

If these events transpired, the need to return the headless body to the home is clear. The head removal would show no anger. I invite members of this thread to find things (other than fingerprints, of course) that are unexplained by this theory of the crime.

I found this theory to be so compelling that I e-mailed it to SS several months ago. Although I included a return e-mail address and phone number, it has never been acknowledged. He must have found it lacking.

Again, I reject this theory of the crime on an emotional level. I don't want it to be true.

Why do you suppose Mr. D. would concoct this along with agreeing to have his wife murdered?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

According to podcast Sworn....John Dauss, sic?....states that a postmortem decapitation is to send a message to the person who finds the body.....

He had a LARGE sword collection...

MOO

Wildebeest, he's haughty and plays and is entertained by the rich and famous....it bothers me HIGHLY, listen to the latest podcast on Diane and Tex mciver case.....he does not think tex is guilty.....YET....there are atleast 4 reasons I would convict him....Ill find the link if intersted

I'm very interested Dancin! I mean the guy comes across as depraved in my opinion!

I think she means Russell Dermond did, remember talk of a sword collection very early on? I dont recall for certain but I think it was never determined it was RD's collection or someone/family had posted a pic of swords?? At any rate, a sword IMO is way too large to handle when trying to do this kind of thing, it would require small taxidermists or surgeons tools IMO

I think she means Russell Dermond did, remember talk of a sword collection very early on? I dont recall for certain but I think it was never determined it was RD's collection or someone/family had posted a pic of swords?? At any rate, a sword IMO is way too large to handle when trying to do this kind of thing, it would require small taxidermists or surgeons tools IMO

Not sure there was a sword collection. As I recall, way back, someone noticed a photo of some swords on a family member's Facebook page. If I remember correctly, it was a photo taken at a tourist attraction in Europe. I don't understand the leap from a tourist photo to RD owning a sword collection.

IMHO

:rollercoaster:

According to podcast Sworn....John Dauss, sic?....states that a postmortem decapitation is to send a message to the person who finds the body.....
Or, could it be to control the blood spray and the amt of blood loss?

I too think both murders occurred at the house by blows to the head. Quick and simple. Done before they had a chance to know what hit them. If there was anything vaguely humane about these murders, it would be they died quickly before the beheading and before being put in the water.

Not sure there was a sword collection. As I recall, way back, someone noticed a photo of some swords on a family member's Facebook page. If I remember correctly, it was a photo taken at a tourist attraction in Europe. I don't understand the leap from a tourist photo to RD owning a sword collection.

IMHO

:rollercoaster:

Yep, I remember that. Shows how rumors grow legs! I think it was a grandson's picture when on vacation.

They would have Hospital xrays of the knee. Serial numbers on the real replacement
Fingerprints to compare. DNA of his children to compare...

MOO

Yes, and they used none of these with the exception of 70 year old fingerprints. Why ??

well for one thing, much easier to do instead fighting a living person to behead them....IDK Razz..John is the cold case team leader in CObb coounty ga....that's what he said....first thing when asked about postmortem decap....."Thats a message" Many have believed that from the start...OF course a post mortem decap would certianly control splatter and some blood loss.....not sure IMO that was the reason, why behead at all...
And of course the preople who found them was not the ones the message was fro, they would not know they'd find tem....but likely for family as has been speculated here already.... but i think so, quick and easy but SS pointed out, if you get in a fight you are going to get your dna on that other person, so on that note.....back to taking the head to hide evidence...Im just not sure thats it either IMO
Or, could it be to control the blood spray and the amt of blood loss?

I too think both murders occurred at the house by blows to the head. Quick and simple. Done before they had a chance to know what hit them. If there was anything vaguely humane about these murders, it would be they died quickly before the beheading and before being put in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member