Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why it's such a cold case.
Mark Winne of WSB/Channel 2 does a piece on the anniversary of the crime.
4+ years.

And now 2 BIZARRE murders across the lake from each other.

No one saw anything.
No one had security footage in that very gated community with guard shacks, cameras - which weren't working says LE- and patrols?

Where is Dateline?
And People Magazine on ID?
Heck, there are 5+ shows on ID the Dermond Murders would fit...

It is just so odd...

JMO

Yes, OTP, it seems as if no one really cares. I’m sure LE wants to solve the case, understandable, since it is their job. But the remaining family, and their seeming indifference is hard to fathom.

IMHO

I agree. 'Tis the season where some folks drink too much...and say too much.
Hoping that happens. But as my husband says, "Hope is not a strategy."

Still wondering if the CH/MD case is connected.

JMO

Felt like there was indeed some drunken chatting going on for someone to get bludgeoned and then shot in the face, on the lake across from the D's lake place and even closer to where SD body was found........huh?!

However, the Greene County PD told me it assuredly is not connected..........but I'll believe that when it's solved LOL

When the weather warms up I’m going to go back to the lake and reach out to SS about doing an actual 10 part podcast.

It’s not really up Payne Lindsey’s alley but I’m going to ask him to help. See what happens.

People that live on the lake think it was organized crime related but I don’t believe that.

When the weather warms up I’m going to go back to the lake and reach out to SS about doing an actual 10 part podcast.

It’s not really up Payne Lindsey’s alley but I’m going to ask him to help. See what happens.

People that live on the lake think it was organized crime related but I don’t believe that.

I thought all the old guys in the Dixie Mafia were dead...
Are the lake residents thinking Russian mob or Cosa Nostra?

JMO

I wouldn't rule out organized crime but I think it's highly unlikely. the only thing I would rule out is that this wasn't a robbery/extortion gone bad. They were very prepared, they knew the area and this wasn't their 1st rodeo. The feds arriving on scene so quickly is 1 reason I wouldn't rule out organized crime, the other reason is the lack of information given and the silence of the family. The feds don't get involved right away except when it has to do with someone they are either protecting or investigating

Hi everyone! In February me and Tricia Griffith (Websleuths owner) are going to Georgia to do some boots on the ground work on the case. We've already interviewed some crime experts and have been researching the case in preparation for our debut January 21st.

The first episode of the podcast "Into the Case" that will feature the Dermond murders will be posted January 21st. A teaser is up on Apple Podcasts at: Into the Case by Websleuths on Apple Podcasts

We need your help, if you have an iTunes account or Apple Podcasts app subscribe and leave us a 5 star review. We want to get on the new and noteworthy section so we can get exposure to this case and the more subs and ratings the better chance that will happen.

We also made a tip line IntoTheCaseTips@gmail.com If you want us to look into anything or feature anything on the podcast send it to us there or PM us here on Websleuths.

Tricia also plans to give this case a place of its own here on the forum.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Hi everyone! In February me and Tricia Griffith (Websleuths owner) are going to Georgia to do some boots on the ground work on the case. We've already interviewed some crime experts and have been researching the case in preparation for our debut January 21st.

The first episode of the podcast "Into the Case" that will feature the Dermond murders will be posted January 21st. A teaser is up on Apple Podcasts at: Into the Case by Websleuths on Apple Podcasts

We need your help, if you have an iTunes account or Apple Podcasts app subscribe and leave us a 5 star review. We want to get on the new and noteworthy section so we can get exposure to this case and the more subs and ratings the better chance that will happen.

We also made a tip line IntoTheCaseTips@gmail.com If you want us to look into anything or feature anything on the podcast send it to us there or PM us here on Websleuths.

Tricia also plans to give this case a place of its own here on the forum.

Thanks everyone for the support.

I listen to Trish's and your podcast through Google podcast. They both can be found there.

I searched for this new one and cannot find it on Googlepodcast. Is it searchable yet there? Will it be found there after you are up and running?

A great first one to cover. Foxfire, RIP, would be so pleased. I hope you get an interview with sheriff Sills.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/longtime-wser-foxfire-has-passed-away.325542/

Last edited:
I listen to Trish's and your podcast through Google podcast. They both can be found there.

I searched for this new one and cannot find it on Googlepodcast. Is it searchable yet there? Will it be found there after you are up and running?

A great first one to cover. Foxfire, RIP, would be so pleased. I hope you get an interview with sheriff Sills.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/longtime-wser-foxfire-has-passed-away.325542/
For some reason I am having trouble getting it on Google Podcasts. But it's on Stitcher. Into the Case When I get it up on Google Podcasts, I'll be sure to let you know.

Yes, OTP, it seems as if no one really cares. I’m sure LE wants to solve the case, understandable, since it is their job. But the remaining family, and their seeming indifference is hard to fathom.

IMHO
I wonder if they are scared? Thinking they could be targeted as well? There has to be a reason why they are silent. I'm sure this has rattled them to the core.

Reading on a Reddit thread the other day...it mentioned there was a dam of towels around RD body in the garage, to keep the blood from flowing out of the garage. I don’t remember reading this before...
Anybody?

Also does anyone have the name of the D restaurant Corp.?
I think it had the name star in it and there were variations on that theme.

Thanks.

JMO

OTP,

I haven't followed this case in a long time, but if my memory serves me correctly, yes there were towels to keep the blood from going outside.

ETA
I did a search on the threads, and it appears this information came from the two-part 6-14-17 podcast from Sworn podcast. I'm not sure if terms of service allows me to link it. I used to search word of towels to find that information.

@dancinunderthemoon and @fred&edna maybe better to answer as they commented a bit on that podcast. I don't think it was mentioned before that.

June 18th 2017 dancin wrote re podcast

"THe right foot of Mr D was dragged through a pool of blood about a foot or foot and a half, his left arm had towels beside it apparently to keep the blood from running out the garage door"

GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Last edited:
Find out about the man on the lawn. SS interviewed him and says he's not a suspect but he was there Saturday which is the day SS thinks the murder happened. I'd like to know why he was on the lawn, did he see anything or hear anything? Why did the son who says he talked to his father every night not call the PD for a wellness check since it was at least 4 days since he last talked to him? I would also like to know if SS has any evidence at first he said he has all forms of evidence and last year he started saying he has no evidence. I know he can't say what evidence he has for obvious reasons but just let us know if there is any evidence

I wonder if they are scared? Thinking they could be targeted as well? There has to be a reason why they are silent. I'm sure this has rattled them to the core.

Levi, it is hard to comprehend. Why would organized crime plan a hit on an elderly couple? I always go with those who stand to benefit from a victim’s demise.

IMHO

Levi, it is hard to comprehend. Why would organized crime plan a hit on an elderly couple? I always go with those who stand to benefit from a victim’s demise.

IMHO
I keep going back to the "hit" theory.

Whoever "ordered it" did so as a warning to others. The elderly Dermonds were expendable. (I'm thinking as a perp). Imo the "message" sent from their brutal murders gained
something from someone close to the Dermonds whether it be cooperation or payment of some kind.

All I know for sure is that this was a professional who did this. Someone who knew the Dermonds well, someone who knew the area, and someone who has done this before.
Do you think it was someone who knew the Dermond's that HIRED a professional hitman 0r hitmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin