GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that.......a bro in law would be Leslies' ex husband, they were in about to be in the middle of a divorce at the time of the deaths,I know in 2015 may, Leslie was at a derby party with her now future husband

James Patton, the doctor in Asheville and his bro in California is also a doctor

Wonder what the news was, he's dead or his heads cut off? The kid just said "Grandpas been murdered and grandma is missing"

I havent thought any more about this article............now that makes my head spin considering what I've been investigating

He's a DOCTOR, he had to put his SON on the phone to tell about a grisly murder!? Wonder what he does when he finds his patients with skin cancer?

I dont know..........was that overkill?

It just seems so overly emotional... quite rare for a doctor!

Well, if it happened to be Mr. Dermond was decapitated during the attack, then certainly. It seems to me, from what I have gathered, the beheading happened post mortem. Why? Either there was evidence to be hidden in the head (like a bullet), proof of the killing was needed to a contractor, or a very sick person who had reasons that can’t be understood. To be fair, sick all the way around.

Still can’t shake the boat aspect and the killer having access to one to sneak up on the dock and to the house. It seems so targeted. IMO.

Dancing, this thread has more interest than I can recall in a long time and thanks for patiently answering questions.
OH wow, your welcome, thank you for that.......but probalby has a lot to do with the latest podcast, but I do have a lot in my memory and some I have let slip over time

Thanks to everyone for staying on board!

Seems to me, IMO, that the perps had a boat the reason they used a boat........I would never suspect they rented one but who knows......some people apparently do whacko things

Watch that last video I posted where I said Prove it, about the trees LOL, I dont think they had to sneak at all and trolling motors in the dark are like native hunters

But i do think it was planned as well, they apparnetly knew their killers and they went to great lengths to avoid detection, or lucky

It just seems so overly emotional... quite rare for a doctor!
overkill.................hmmm

and I cannot find their divorce information, now I really want to know

I wonder if he was at home with Leslie or they couldnt reach LEslie so called James, wow, or was Leslie too distraught, now that I can see but then the kid took over the fathers role LOL. wow......Brad coudlnt even decipher what he was saying.......that bad.............overkill

Why did they call Leslie first, I thought KD or BD was always the first contact person

eh maybe nothing to that but leaves me with more questions

Respectfully disagree. We don’t know where the body was dropped. I know where it was found. Speculation on the lake is directly in front of the damn but there is a line in the water you can’t cross several hundred feet away from the damn.

They in my opinion weighed the body down enough for it to hopefully float through the turbines along the bottom of the lake. If they used too much weight then it’s an anchor to little and it’s floats to the top.

I didn’t realize gasses made a body float to the top so maybe they didn’t either. We don’t know what we don’t know.

Either way she wasn’t dropped in a fishing spot she drifted over that way.

Body was tossed in an area that was 60 feet deep. I remember others speculating much deeper water.
Body didnt move much at all, someone said 30 ft max, once it was dropped....... per the Engineers, the engineers

I lived at the lake for 20 years off an on and the only things that drifted were loose wood and floats and boats if loose, found chairs under docks that were there for 3 years we never could locate

she was tied down in trees and snagged on one when the gases released

at first when it came out I thought the same thing about them wanting her to drift into the turbines

You can get really close to the dam, I think the water goes OUT of Oconee INTO sinclair, so there is no northerly drift

Well I KNOW it feeds sinclair, oconee flooded us bad in 2015, thankfully the lake was down 40 ft due to the Lake Drawdown that year

It was told he started those to give his sons the start, he probalby inherited money from his mother who died while in GA........italian immigrants, lived in MIami at one time, I dont know when RD's father passed away

BUt I do agree and so does SS, that he may need to go back further, or maybe isnt looking at the right persons finances LOL
Yes, so much silence, not much willingness to speak to media or others regarding the case, very cold and detached obit - even if written by the funeral home, they write them with more feeling than that. So if someone was out to get the kids back for something, doesn't seem like it was a good way. I am wondering if SS ever had a forensic accountant review everything when it first happened, because SS only said that he had every check ever written in the past 8 years, etc.. he didn't say anything ever, to my knowledge, or in any of the videos I've listened to, about a forensic accountant, and that is absolutely what he needed to have done... so if true, I am sure happy to hear that he has one reviewing right now, whether it's the first or second time.

One thing that I just don't understand, and hence the reason why I believe there is something major missing in those accounting records - is why the Ds *didn't* have a LOT more wealth, considering they had had NINETEEN franchises at one time. What happened with all that money? Franchises are pretty expensive propositions, and back then, it was still expensive, but more in line with what the standards of 'expensive' were back then. It wasn't THAT terribly long ago to make a *huge* difference - I mean, not like the 50s or something when bread was 5 cents (or whatever it was). And here they were living frugally, on top, nothing extravagant it seems, for these people. Something has got to be missing there, imho.

I also think they had to go back to that time, not just for 8 years back.. back to that time when he *had* those franchises and how they were disposed of. All I have read is that the sons took them over. Not sure how anyone would even operate NINETEEN of them, so I'm assuming that they sold some, and with those proceeds, paid for their home outright, their vehicles, etc. And the rest, the sons 'took over', but does that not include 'buying' them, in one way or another? And if so, then how did the daughter get her 'share' of her parents' estate, as it was said the estate was divided equally amongst the three, other than a small amount to their deceased son's child.

The thing about that realtor drowning - although it was not on the same lake, it was on the lake on the other side of the dam, IIRC.. but there seem to be connections there. How can that death so easily and quickly be called 'accidental'? That was sure some freak 'accident', if so. And pretty strange for someone who'd been living on the lake for years. I could see it if she'd had a heart attack or stroke or aneurysm or something, which *caused* the drowning, but if it were me, I would've been looking into that for a VERY long time until I had exhausted every possibility that it could have been something different than an accident. jmo.

I saw the gray X, that was right outside their cove up river wasnt it? I thought from the maps, you had to go right out of their cove to go down river towards the dam
Beheading mystery in upscale community still confounds Georgia sheriff

TP, there is a map at .10 seconds

here is lake oconee and the Dermonds home,

Google Maps

the X you saw is too the left of their cove, as you see you have to go right out of their cove to get to the dam the last bEND IN THE RIVER somehwere in that vicinity wherever there are trees is where she was found AND DUMPED

I dont know what that x means however

I'd assume they would check records of all the family (as SS did/had done). But, maybe you are thinking non-family??
No, same family but business financials.

If the house was valued @ 1 million, it would seem more likely that the kids could wait. Knowing a heinous murder took place in the house, would lower the value considerably. (As it did). So why would someone have their family brutally murdered in a home knowing it would be harder to sell? I don't believe family would do that. But that's jmo.

Shirley Dermond Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

According to the above article, their house WAS up for sale since January of 2014. Now, I never realized their house was up for sale and that opens a whole new can of worms, MOO. As far as this goes, anyone could have approached the Dermonds privately and asked for permission to view their home. I can't even number how many realtors have been slain in homes they were showing. I could be way off base with this, but.....

From the above article and bolded by me:

The Dermonds live at 147 Carolyn Drive close to Lake Oconee. The house is valued $2.3 million and is listed for sale since January 2014. The couple bought the house in 1994.

I just read the article in the first sentence it says 1 million. In the 3rd fact last sentence it says 2.3 million. We know it was worth a million but not 2.3 million. I believe it last sold for around 640K.

The value is way off, is the sale date off as well? IDK

It was never told that it was on the market but I did hear this and that it was staged getting ready to put on the market

How confusing

Good find!

Now we have to look at the purchasers...........that would be too easy though

This is the price history for the next neighbor's home at 143 C. Drive.. it was around that time, listed for $2.3 million.. I believe this 'heavy' article got the properties mixed up. Looks like the neighbor home was twice the size almost of the Ds' house. Oddly, this price history seems to suggest that the home was OFF the market at the time of the murders. In any case, it was way overpriced. Finally sold in 2018 for half that amount??

Date Event Price
Agents

3/2/2018 Sold $1,295,000 -- Robert Boatright
3/2/2018 Listing removed $1,295,000 --

1/14/2018 Pending sale $1,295,000 --

11/28/2017 Price change $1,295,000 -13.4%

9/9/2017 Price change $1,495,000 -6.5%

8/11/2017 Price change $1,599,000 -10.9%

5/1/2017 Price change $1,795,000 -2.9%

2/28/2017 Listed for sale $1,849,000 --

1/10/2017 Listing removed $1,849,000 --

10/17/2016 Price change $1,849,000 -7.5%

6/27/2016 Listed for sale $1,999,000 -16.5%

3/23/2015 Listing removed $2,395,000 --

3/18/2015 Listed for sale $2,395,000 --

2/1/2015 Listing removed $2,395,000 --

7/17/2014 Price change $2,395,000 +3093.3%

7/11/2014 Price change $75,000 -96.9%

1/13/2014 Listed for sale $2,395,000 -3.6%

7/11/2013 Listing removed $2,485,000 --

7/12/2012 Listed for sale $2,485,000 --

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/143-Carolyn-Dr-Eatonton-GA-31024/110311324_zpid/

Interesting this pic on same link of the area lots - seems the Ds' lot/home is listed as '2 units'?? Pic below is from same link:
Neighborhood Lots from Zillow.jpg

Last edited:
I had a niece (deceased now) who was married and had two children (girl and boy). When the boy was in his teens, he got into drugs. My niece and her husband owned quite a lot of property and were considered, "well to do." But, in less than 10 years or so, that son had taken his parents for just about everything they ever had (threatened suicide, drug lords were after him...or so he said...and he need XXXX thousands of dollars or they were going to kill him, etc. They paid his rent, provided for support for his one son. It was heartbreaking to look back on. She died at a fairly young age. But, they lost everything to their son's drug habit and even ended up living with their own parents.

Depending on one's ability to administer, "tough love," a grown child can absolutely bankrupt their parents. I watched it happen from a distance.

I don't know how involved they got into their son, MD's personal horrors. But, I do know it can absolutely wipe out an entire family (even generation) unless they use TOUGH LOVE.
Remember how SS said the 3 kids shared equally in their parents' estate, and he also said the 4th child's offspring had received a small amount? I wonder if the amount that Mark may have cost them over the years he was alive, was deducted from Mark's offspring's 'share'.... making it substantially lower than the other 3.... and further, was this announced at some point at perhaps a family meeting that this was going to be done, and did that cause any bad feelings on the part of Mark's offspring? (Mark's offspring was 23 at the time of the murders.)

Do what? The google map link you posted clearly has you going left to wind up at the Wallace Dam. I’m glad you posted that because it helped prove my point. The map is at a GIS of 1 to 4,000. GIS stands for Geographic Information System.

The yellow X is to the left of the house. The Dam is to the left. I’ll post a link about GIS for reading pleasure.

Surely you don’t see a grey X when I see yellow? If you do then that solves the reason you disagree with everything I type.

It’s Vinnie Politian, google is your friend. He was on the Podcast so yes we’ve discussed the case. No I’m not giving you my other friends name whose a forensic accountant, we’ve also discussed the case.

I need to take another break. Going into circles with you is maddening. Literally four things you said today contradict things you said yesterday and that’s only in the last few hours.

https://www.igic.org/resources/standards/map-scale-accuracy/

Beheading mystery in upscale community still confounds Georgia sheriff

TP, there is a map at .10 seconds

here is lake oconee and the Dermonds home,

Google Maps

the X you saw is too the left of their cove, as you see you have to go right out of their cove to get to the dam the last bEND IN THE RIVER somehwere in that vicinity wherever there are trees is where she was found AND DUMPED

I dont know what that x means however

I didn't see a gray X either but thought it was just me.

The location of SD's body seems to be such a touchy subject. :eek:

Wallace Dam is at River mile marker 172.7. I wonder if someone has the info as to the river mile marker/s as to where she was found.

Same here, like spitting in the wind lol yes i see a gray x outside of their cove

I'm done, yo already said you are terrible with directions so that proves my point i guess
Do what? The google map link you posted clearly has you going left to wind up at the Wallace Dam. I’m glad you posted that because it helped prove my point. The map is at a GIS of 1 to 4,000. GIS stands for Geographic Information System.

The yellow X is to the left of the house. The Dam is to the left. I’ll post a link about GIS for reading pleasure.

Surely you don’t see a grey X when I see yellow? If you do then that solves the reason you disagree with everything I type.

It’s Vinnie Politian, google is your friend. He was on the Podcast so yes we’ve discussed the case. No I’m not giving you my other friends name whose a forensic accountant, we’ve also discussed the case.

I need to take another break. Going into circles with you is maddening. Literally four things you said today contradict things you said yesterday and that’s only in the last few hours.

https://www.igic.org/resources/standards/map-scale-accuracy/

Where the map looked like it was torn there was a gray x on my computer

Can you post me that link frededna?
I didn't see a gray X either but thought it was just me.

The location of SD's body seems to be such a touchy subject. :eek:

Wallace Dam is at River mile marker 172.7. I wonder if someone has the info as to the river mile marker/s as to where she was found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member