GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must have been footprints leading to the lake. When you carry something of significant weight the steps are different as opposed to just walking even if 2 people are carrying her. I find it hard to believe SS didn't find some footprints

Shirley Dermond Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

According to the above article, their house WAS up for sale since January of 2014. Now, I never realized their house was up for sale and that opens a whole new can of worms, MOO. As far as this goes, anyone could have approached the Dermonds privately and asked for permission to view their home. I can't even number how many realtors have been slain in homes they were showing. I could be way off base with this, but.....

From the above article and bolded by me:

The Dermonds live at 147 Carolyn Drive close to Lake Oconee. The house is valued $2.3 million and is listed for sale since January 2014. The couple bought the house in 1994.

I had a niece (deceased now) who was married and had two children (girl and boy). When the boy was in his teens, he got into drugs. My niece and her husband owned quite a lot of property and were considered, "well to do." But, in less than 10 years or so, that son had taken his parents for just about everything they ever had (threatened suicide, drug lords were after him...or so he said...and he need XXXX thousands of dollars or they were going to kill him, etc. They paid his rent, provided for support for his one son. It was heartbreaking to look back on. She died at a fairly young age. But, they lost everything to their son's drug habit and even ended up living with their own parents.

Depending on one's ability to administer, "tough love," a grown child can absolutely bankrupt their parents. I watched it happen from a distance.

I don't know how involved they got into their son, MD's personal horrors. But, I do know it can absolutely wipe out an entire family (even generation) unless they use TOUGH LOVE.

So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story. I can’t even imagine the heartbreak of dealing with a child addicted to drugs. MD, with his addiction, and tragic death have always been in the back of my mind, when considering this case. Fellow posters have wondered why the elder Dermonds didn’t have more money when they died. Perhaps this is the reason why, MD, and his lifestyle, could have used up much of their resources.

IMHO

According to the above article, their house WAS up for sale since January of 2014. Now, I never realized their house was up for sale and that opens a whole new can of worms, MOO. As far as this goes, anyone could have approached the Dermonds privately and asked for permission to view their home. I can't even number how many realtors have been slain in homes they were showing. I could be way off base with this, but.....

The Dermonds live at 147 Carolyn Drive close to Lake Oconee. The house is valued $2.3 million and is listed for sale since January 2014. The couple bought the house in 1994.

I did not know this! You may be on to something...

I remember looking at the Zillow (or similar) pics. I simply forgot it was on the mkt OR I confused myself by thinking this was the listing after their deaths. I really need a chart to stay on track... And help me with the details over the years !

I just wanted to chime in and say everything you said I know to be 100% true. I’ve has the exact experience in my family. The family was/is so wealthy that it didn’t break them but the boy spent 750k the same way you discussed.

I had a niece (deceased now) who was married and had two children (girl and boy). When the boy was in his teens, he got into drugs. My niece and her husband owned quite a lot of property and were considered, "well to do." But, in less than 10 years or so, that son had taken his parents for just about everything they ever had (threatened suicide, drug lords were after him...or so he said...and he need XXXX thousands of dollars or they were going to kill him, etc. They paid his rent, provided for support for his one son. It was heartbreaking to look back on. She died at a fairly young age. But, they lost everything to their son's drug habit and even ended up living with their own parents.

Depending on one's ability to administer, "tough love," a grown child can absolutely bankrupt their parents. I watched it happen from a distance.

I don't know how involved they got into their son, MD's personal horrors. But, I do know it can absolutely wipe out an entire family (even generation) unless they use TOUGH LOVE.

@dancinunderthemoon I actually found SS board during a clip you posted.

Beheading mystery in upscale community still confounds Georgia sheriff

The 1.59-2.00 mark it’s shown for one second and it’s probably accidental. I had no clue what I had found until examining it later.

So the body was dropped dead center which I’ve always thought and I also think it’s ultimate destination was those turbines. That obviously didn’t work out since it drifted towards a timber fishing spot.

Here is the location I posted months ago about the boat but impossible to tell if it’s the same.

Attachments

• 0C7FD655-C2DB-49AE-99CB-9C3BBF745CD5.jpeg
    0C7FD655-C2DB-49AE-99CB-9C3BBF745CD5.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 12
I just read the article in the first sentence it says 1 million. In the 3rd fact last sentence it says 2.3 million. We know it was worth a million but not 2.3 million. I believe it last sold for around 640K.

I saw the red dot marking 147 Carolyn dr

Map wasnt large enough to show the river down stream to the dam
@dancinunderthemoon I actually found SS board during a clip you posted.

Beheading mystery in upscale community still confounds Georgia sheriff

The 1.59-2.00 mark it’s shown for one second and it’s probably accidental. I had no clue what I had found until examining it later.

So the body was dropped dead center which I’ve always thought and I also think it’s ultimate destination was those turbines. That obviously didn’t work out since it drifted towards a timber fishing spot.

Here is the location I posted months ago about the boat but impossible to tell if it’s the same.

The value is way off, is the sale date off as well? IDK

It was never told that it was on the market but I did hear this and that it was staged getting ready to put on the market

How confusing

Good find!

Now we have to look at the purchasers...........that would be too easy though

This comment by Brad D seems strange. How close was the brother-in-law to the Dermonds? Wasn't he a physician? Most doctors I know are very capable delivering bad news to family... But, I guess he was devastated?

Brad was at his son’s baseball game when he got the call.

“We got the call from my brother-in law, and he was a total mess. almost couldn’t even decipher what he was talking about,” he said.

His brother-in-law put his son on the phone to relay the horrific news.

GONE COLD | The murders at Lake Oconee: 4 years later, elderly couple’s son opens up

I remember that.......a bro in law would be Leslies' ex husband, they were in about to be in the middle of a divorce at the time of the deaths,I know in 2015 may, Leslie was at a derby party with her now future husband

James Patton, the doctor in Asheville and his bro in California is also a doctor

Wonder what the news was, he's dead or his heads cut off? The kid just said "Grandpas been murdered and grandma is missing"

I havent thought any more about this article............now that makes my head spin considering what I've been investigating

He's a DOCTOR, he had to put his SON on the phone to tell about a grisly murder!? Wonder what he does when he finds his patients with skin cancer?

I dont know..........was that overkill?
This comment by Brad D seems strange. How close was the brother-in-law to the Dermonds? Wasn't he a physician? Most doctors I know are very capable delivering bad news to family... But, I guess he was devastated?

“We got the call from my brother-in law, and he was a total mess. almost couldn’t even decipher what he was talking about,” he said.

GONE COLD | The murders at Lake Oconee: 4 years later, elderly couple’s son opens up

Last edited:

so here is a possible clue to their dinner time..........from the link in quotes

"Later that evening, before dinner, Brad spoke to his parents on the phone"

Seems they ate dinner around maybe 5-6ish pm for sure and accordig to the article they did have dinner so 8 hours later would be 2-3 am, no breakfast was partaken it seems

SS had the murders occurring from between 4:30 pm thursday ( guessing that is when he talked to son Brad)and sometime from then til the Derby party or sunday May 4 they were murderd,

I think this was further narrowed down to Fri after some emails were found on Dermond computer to saturday evening 3rd

Just wanted to mention the Dermonds dinner time as far as empty stomachs that has been discussed most recently

Well damn I’ll be. In SS map he shared with the AJC he marked a yellow X in the middle of the water on the far left side.

I see 4 marked locations. Three of them have initials. Red is obvious. Then I see the yellow X.

Hopefully some of y’all see what I’m talking about. I’ll attach the picture again.
I saw the gray X, that was right outside their cove up river wasnt it? I thought from the maps, you had to go right out of their cove to go down river towards the dam

I remember that.......a bro in law would be Leslies' ex husband, they were in about to be in the middle of a divorce at the time of the deaths,I know in 2015 may, Leslie was at a derby party with her now future husband

James Patton, the doctor in Asheville and his bro in California is also a doctor

Wonder what the news was, he's dead or his heads cut off? The kid just said "Grandpas been murdered and grandma is missing"

I havent thought any more about this article............now that makes my head spin considering what I've been investigating

He's a DOCTOR, he had to put his SON on the phone to tell about a grisly murder!? Wonder what he does when he finds his patients with skin cancer?

I dont know..........was that overkill?

Well, if it happened to be Mr. Dermond was decapitated during the attack, then certainly. It seems to me, from what I have gathered, the beheading happened post mortem. Why? Either there was evidence to be hidden in the head (like a bullet), proof of the killing was needed to a contractor, or a very sick person who had reasons that can’t be understood. To be fair, sick all the way around.

Still can’t shake the boat aspect and the killer having access to one to sneak up on the dock and to the house. It seems so targeted. IMO.

Dancing, this thread has more interest than I can recall in a long time and thanks for patiently answering questions.

I wonder if there was forensic evidence in house or garage that SS might have shared with the family suggesting SD was injured? Thus, they waited to have his service? Even if there was evidence would SS have shared it with them... I mean they were all possible persons of interest at that time? I'm just thinking out loud.

I really find it interesting none of the family members stayed, but I suppose they didn't know how long it would take to find her, or if she would ever be located?? I feel certain I would have remained in these circumstances but... that's just me.
Possibly not, he doesnt think they were killed in the garage...in that article you posted, he was saying nothing, not even a foot print was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member