GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WELLL HEKK, why go to all that trouble?! You're right tho, someone fishing would probably have caught

well or maybe the fish would have gotten rid of it sooner was his hopes, especially catfish if he thought it was ensnared or entangled in the roots

this here is what makes me curious about how very little the sheriff has given out as to how Mrs. D was placed there. Didn't one of the articles have the headline of a subtitle "how the killer tried to hide the body" or some such?

I will have to go back and find that article. But the lack of detail being given as to whether there was any evidence she was previously submerged and weighted or was simply tangled or tied in teh upper branches near the surface of the water makes me think it is a key to LE thinking about whether her body was being hidden at least temporarily but reasonably certain to be found eventually or whether the killer never intended her to be found and the wildlife was intended to insure that.

I have to wonder if Sills deliberately said he was looking for a crowbar in the house? He has said the house was the cleanest/neatest house he had ever seen. (Something like this).
So who in the world would keep a crowbar in the house? That is something one would keep in a garage or shed, not in an immaculate home.

Could he be sending a message to the killer? Reaching out to make that person agitated? Just a thought about a statement that makes no sense, but I am sure there is a reason Sills said it!

Do you all think a golf club could do the same or similar damage as a crow bar? I wouldn't be surprised if the Dermonds still had clubs in their garage.

Just saying, but gang members do behead people they kill sometimes.

if you are looking for a specific post in a thread and known the poster's name you can do an advanced search for posts by that member containing the keyword in question. And google has also been helpful to me as suggested by others.

What would possess someone to swing a crowbar at two sweet elderly people that obviously could not defend themselves? And then, what he did to poor Mr. Dermond.

Do you all think a golf club could do the same or similar damage as a crow bar? I wouldn't be surprised if the Dermonds still had clubs in their garage.

Now that is a very good idea and one that makes me feel DERP for not having thought of it before you suggested it, lol

If not the Dermonds than a lot of neighbors would. SO funny that with all the recent (understandable) focus on the lake I completely forgot this was a golf oriented retirement community.

thanks luckgirl

:seeya: Heads up. I'm working on a new thread and will be back with the link in a few minutes.

I don't think any golf club could do as much damage as a crow bar. There is more weight in a crow bar. The damage, IMO, would be deeper with a crow bar.

This is all very troubling. The "something crazy" article with the info. about her bridge buddies. Oh, my heart!

Everything that comes out continues to fit in to my original scenario. I think the perp. is local, very likely a part-time resident. Single. He knew the Dermonds very well. They may not have known him very well, but he knew them. He knew their routines, that they lived alone, that they were elderly. He knows their property. I think he lured Mr. D. out of the home somehow. Killed and decapitated him and then went for Mrs. D. who may not have even known what was happening. Abducted her. I think he may have held her for awhile. Maybe a short while, maybe for hours only. Killed her and then "placed" her where she would eventually be found.

I guess the motive was just pure unrestrained evil. No money laundering, cartel, organized crime, etc.

Of course it may turn out very differently. Maybe LE will discover some type of theft has occurred or maybe Mr. D. was taken while he was walking, the perp. took him to his home and took Mrs. D.

I think we will eventually know. Someone knows this guy. Maybe someone will see some kind of "red flags".

What would possess someone to swing a crowbar at two sweet elderly people that obviously could not defend themselves? And then, what he did to poor Mr. Dermond.

someone with a strong stomach, not afraid of blood, guts and gore, someone with no conscience WHATSOEVER, mean and evil

Maybe Mr D moved his clubs home after he quit playing. Most golfers who play at a private club will store their golf clubs on the premises. I think a golf club could kill a person if struck in the head. But then somebody needs to check and see if any of Mr. D's golf clubs are missing.

if you are looking for a specific post in a thread and known the poster's name you can do an advanced search for posts by that member containing the keyword in question. And google has also been helpful to me as suggested by others.

Thanks, yes I saw that and problem is I remember a phrase that i want to search but not the name haha

I'll try to google it then with websleuths in the bar, maybe that'll work

someone with a strong stomach, not afraid of blood, guts and gore, someone with no conscience WHATSOEVER, mean and evil

A hunter/fisherman?

I'm not saying hunters and fisherman are bad, just able to get all up in that goo and skin, gut, filet....

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I know Sills think that they knew the perp/perps, but if someone came in my parents' home with a gun and told them to do as they were told and no one would get hurt...they probably would do as they were told

A hunter/fisherman?

I'm not saying hunters and fisherman are bad, just able to get all up in that goo and skin, gut, filet....

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

likely if he's a fisherman, he's a hunter and yes, I would say hunter for sure but it'd have to be someone that is truly desensitized and plus, no conscience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme