GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See I thought they read here! :) :) :)
Thanks for tweeting the writer!!

Those are the dates Sills gave. He just typed what he heard.
He said sorry.
I told him no biggie.
I didn't mention this site.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

AH, so it IS true....haha, a friend's beautician said an GBI Agent came in yesterday and of course they were asking about the Oconee case and he said he didnt' know, the sheriff ran them all off LOL

I have seen here and there that the FBI is handling some things, but then someone mentioned an article linked here where the FBI referred to the LE and LE always referring back to the FBI about the case

Why FBI over GBI, I"m curious?

Perhaps there is some information that Sills is trying to keep as close to the vest as possible. Maybe he doesn't want some things discussed in the community and the less people who know the better. Probably not, but that's all I can come up with!

btk....................

Yep BTK, Dennis Rader, and many other Police wannabees.. Most serial killers are very intelligent and could be anything they want to be, yet due to character flaws, antisocial personalities, etc, they never really amount to much, imo. Many police also end up on the wrong side of the law. Imo, Sheriff Sills is very aware of this phenomenon and has checked them out..

Cops gone bad..
Gerard John Schaefer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IIRC, sheriff referred to likely crime timeframe as being after Fri. mail delivery and before the Fri KY derby party. (I think)
And the Sat & Sun newspapers had not been picked up from the lawn (IIRC).

Any resident or overnight-week-month guest in area or POA security employee could observe who picked up paper, and when.
For ex, after 5:00a.m. (hypothetical) delivery time,
maybe man (perhaps in robe and jammies) picks up paper pronto daily.
Maybe before sunup, few ppl outside or about? Maybe few ppl even awake?

Maybe the woman down the road, does not pick up paper until lunchtime, in daylight and w more ppl outside. Not such a good target as the early bird.

When approached by someone - whether stranger or known to him, Mr D picking up paper in dark might be less 'situationally aware' or 'on alert' or a bit sleepy-headed before coffee.

Was MrD picking up paper when approached? Or out for a walk?

Did someone ask for help?
If person approaching was a resident or security known to MrD, I can imagine that, MrD's response could have led them into the house or garage.
Maybe for a phone to make call? Radio down, so need to call entry gatehouse?
A scam about a 'spraining my ankle on my walk, gotta call my wife to pick me up?' MrD: I can drive you home.
Or looking for the dog who slipped away on walk?
Or running from a wild animal?
Or 'did you see the osprey or owl that landed in tree?'

As some suggested on the first thread, MrsD might still have been asleep, in shower, or wrapped up w TV or for some other reason, did not immed'ly hear them. After some time, maybe she wondered why he was not back w the paper, or back from his walk.

Just more speculation on my part. :seeya:

Renea, if you go back to the last few pages of the last thread someone posted a jpg of SD that was very nice...Hopefully they will repost it..

Here's the photo I posted in the old thread. There were others in the picture who I've cropped and edited out. One of my friends is a member of their church and sent this to me after the vigil. I thought it might help with with all the views to get more pictures of Shirley out there in case someone sees something....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 95
I guess I am confused. I thought FBI was only asked to help with a psychological profile of perp.
*No. FBI called due to possible abduction and to.rule out any organized criminal activity.
Are they still involved?

Not wanting GBI involved makes no sense.

Maybe there is still bad blood between Sills and the GBI from the Nuwabian standoff?

Just thought I would bring over some of the links from the other thread.

Layout of the Reynolds Plantation. Great Waters,the section the Dermonds lived in, is in the lower left corner. Click on to zoom in. Carolyn drive is the street directly across from the driving range:

http://images.reynoldsplantation.co...tion.com/files/content_files/RPMasterplan.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google map of 147 Carolyn Drive Eatonton:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x88f6ed24ef40b0fb:0xb1df5a5de07016fc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Putnam County Tax Assessors Building Sketch:

http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/cgi-bin/ga_putnam_sketch.cgi?parcel=R&building=8560

Putnam County Tax Assessors Parcels Map

http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/qpmap4/...8&layers=parcels+streetnum+roads+parcel_sales

Note all the lots on the right side of Carolyn Dr are empty lots, no houses built yet.

Hi Cher and Eddie W.-

Thank you for clarifying Great Waters vs Reynolds Plantation. Great map of the entire deveolpment and I better understand the security gate issues. If I am reading this correctly, Great Waters has their own gate. It appears there is one way in and one way out.

I did read about the Great Waters golf course and that it is open to the public. Is that true? It would make sense as the GW development doesn't appear to be large enough to support it's own golf course and country club. If it is available to the public, how are the 'golfer's identified and how are they let in? If this is true, this would be the way perps could get in masqueradeing as golfers.

Also, on the Platt description of the house, it is listed as a 1 story. The house looks like a 2 story unless the ceilings are incredibly high.

Here's the photo I posted in the old thread. There were others in the picture who I've cropped and edited out. One of my friends is a member of their church and sent this to me after the vigil. I thought it might help with with all the views to get more pictures of Shirley out there in case someone sees something....

How sweet. She doesn't look like she is in her 80's.

IIRC, sheriff referred to likely crime timeframe as being after Fri. mail delivery and before the Fri KY derby party. (I think)

Any resident or overnight-week-month guest in area or POA security employee could observe who picked up paper, and when.

Maybe the woman down the road, does not pick up paper until lunchtime, in daylight and w more ppl outside. Not such a good target as the early bird.

When approached by someone - whether stranger or known to him, Mr D picking up paper in dark might be less 'situationally aware' or 'on alert' or a bit sleepy-headed before coffee.

If person approaching was a resident or security known to MrD, I can imagine that, MrD's response could have led them into the house or garage.
A scam about a 'spraining my ankle on my walk, gotta call my wife to pick me up?' MrD: I can drive you home.

As some suggested on the first thread, MrsD might still have been asleep, in shower, or wrapped up w TV or for some other reason, did not immed'ly hear them. After some time, maybe she wondered why he was not back w the paper, or back from his walk.

I'm thinking late or into the night of Friday
Dark, quiet, everyone's asleep, so if the perp was already in the neighborhood, welllll..............and how about the security cameras, wonder WHO or WHERE, you can snip those for convenience

:seeya: IMOO we will find out the time of death when the ME has test results in his hands. until then we can speculate. I'm leaning towards Mr. D being accosted while outside his home.

I'm thinking late or into the night of Friday
Dark, quiet, everyone's asleep, so if the perp was already in the neighborhood, welllll..............and how about the security cameras, wonder WHO or WHERE, you can snip those for convenience

tomcat,
Sorry to be dense about this --- "WHO or WHERE, you can snip."
Not following your meaning.

Or anyone?
Thx in adv. :seeya:

:seeya: IMOO we will find out the time of death when the ME has test results in his hands. until then we can speculate. I'm leaning towards Mr. D being accosted while outside his home.

I am thinking after 4:30pm Fri and before early SAT am.
It's not right to lump folks together, but many older folks go get that paper before their first cup of coffee.

I think perp may have been long gone before the Saturday paper even arrived.
Stomach contents should have given some idea as to time of day.

Moo

Yes, Cherie.T
Thanks for saying in one sentence what took me paragraphs to say -- likely approached or accosted outside own home.

In last post, I was thinking about ruses that a neighbor or security could use to get MrDs attention.
Harder to think of ruses that a total stranger could use.

Why were there so many cadaver dog searches for Lauren Giddings remains, but not so many searches for the Dermonds?

Also, I do NOT want to start a discussion about whether or not cadaver dogs are effective and the methods that this one or that one uses.

Btw, I remember one "websleuth expert" about cadaver dogs saying that it was a false reaction of the dog at the law school dumpster during the Lauren Giddings search and I believe that smd said he did put her remains in the law school dumpster.

The paper delivery person would be a perfect person to maybe see something. Especially if papers were delivered before daylight and they usually are on the weekends. jmo

I thought they did a kick up job with Jorelys Rivera and Christopher Roupe. I have to admit I don't know much about them, but in those two cases they prevailed. IMO

They found Jorelys quickly once in.
Locked down all the roads in the area. She was dead by the time they got there though.

They did rule against the Bartow County officer that shot Chris and said she used excessive force....

Maybe they aren't good after all.
Moo

gngr~snap, their professionalism has improved significantly over the past 6+ years.. I'll give you that, but it is very difficult for me to get past the Meredith Emerson fiasco. I saw GMH & MHE hiding in the woods near my home, the day before she was murdered & decapitated, but thought they were only campers due to the GBI's silence & misinfo. The local Sheriff's Deputies and Park Rangers were also left out of the loup and waved at GMH while passing, with MHE in captivity..

tomcat,
Sorry to be dense about this --- "WHO or WHERE, you can snip."
Not following your meaning.

Or anyone?
Thx in adv. :seeya:

oh sorry, was talking about the cameras had quit working on april 28th, correct me if this is wrong, just the timing of that seemed very convenient

gngr~snap, their professionalism has improved significantly over the past 6+ years.. I'll give you that, but it is very difficult for me to get past the Meredith Emerson fiasco. I saw GMH & MHE hiding in the woods the day before she was murdered & decapitated but thought they were only campers due to the GBI's silence & misinfo. The local Sheriff's Deputies and Park Rangers were also left out of the loup and waved at GMH while passing, with MHE in captivity..

I had GMH approach my car during my lunch hour at a red light at Marietta Square and ask me for money! Sadly I had it in my lap headed to Wendy's... My window was open and my doors were unlocked.
After he left the Marietta area and killed Meredith, he was found in the woods about 10 miles from
my home.

Didn't a Waffle House employee report him?
He made the hairs on my arms stand up! No teeth and all twitchy.
Saying "hey nurse can you help a man"
He was doing handy workin the area then...
~Shudder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members