GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE, by following the lead of ME, believe that the beheading was accomplished in a very neat, expeditious manner, then that makes me think precision and post death defamation.

hmm how does that play into the intruder via water theory for me?

I would like to know if Mr. D owned any swords from his service in the Navy during WWII.
Did he bring any home from Japan?
I believe many who served came home from Japan with samurai swords.

My dad has my great uncles swords from WWII. One is hanging right above his fireplace. He actually warned me about it years ago. He said this isn't here for looks. I have never seen anything more scary. That thing is so sharp!
Samurai have some special kind of mad skills...
Anyway, I haven't heard Mr. D had a sword, but that would be the ultimate betrayal if it was someone he knew.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

The that found her is just a good old redneck. I watched an interview. He just wants his money. My bet is he had absolutely nothing to do with this. Just a good boy that got put in a bad spot due to timing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I suppose. I'm sure Sheriff Sills will make sure he gets his just reward. Glad that Mrs. Dermond was found. Now to find the killer.

In the article, he says that the reports of DNR finding the body aren't true.
He called 911 and the FBI.
He said the sheriff directed him not to give any details but he (the man that found Shirley) wanted everybody to know that he himself contacted the FBI.
At the end of the article it mentions the up to 20 thousand dollar reward.
http://www.msgr.com/news/article_2019c256-dd4a-11e3-a5f1-001a4bcf887a.html

Holy Smokes! That's a big one for sure. But they kill their prey by a death roll. Unless someone was bending over the pier and looking into the water and the gator just jumped up and bit his head off, but how did Mr. Dermond's body get back to the garage?

A gator did not decapitate Russ........a human did.

And gators don't return any of their kill. The torso would be the most appetizing thing of all to a gator.

LOL! I cant really believe we are considering that a gator decapitated Russ in one clean cut and then brought his torso home and put it in the garage.

The gator's teeth alone would leave massive jagged marks.

IMO

Axe, machete, or ninja sword... whatever was used had to be extremely sharp otherwise it would have been a very time-consuming process. I mean, I can't imagine someone using just whatever tool/s they might have stored in a boat to behead the victim, and particularly IF this occurred in daylight.

While I'm very sad to learn that Mrs D is deceased, I'm so very glad she has been found AND in such a relatively short period of time (as it could have taken weeks, months or longer... or never).

I would like to know if Mr. D owned any swords from his service in the Navy during WWII.
I believe many who served came home from Japan with samurai swords. S

My dad has my great uncles swords from WWII. One is hanging right above his fireplace. He actually warned me about it years ago. He said this isn't here for looks. I have never seen anything more scary. That thing is so sharp!
Anyway, I haven't heard Mr. D had a sword, but that would be the ultimate betrayal if it was someone he knew.
Moo

Good post! I am leaning toward a sword too.

The that found her is just a good old redneck. I watched an interview. He just wants his money. My bet is he had absolutely nothing to do with this. Just a good boy that got put in a bad spot due to timing.

LOL! That is exactly what he is and nothing more.

He could probably use the money.

He found her and he deserves the reward.

IMO

Axe, machete, or ninja sword... whatever was used had to be extremely sharp otherwise it would have been a very time-consuming process. I mean, I can't imagine someone using just whatever tool/s they might have stored in a boat to behead the victim, and particularly IF this occurred in daylight.

While I'm very sad to learn that Mrs D is deceased, I'm so very glad she has been found AND in such a relatively short period of time (as it could have taken weeks, months or longer... or never).

Amen! That's why I'm surprised the children left so quickly. I felt like she would be found sooner than later. Well at least now the Dermonds can be put to rest together. It gives me some peace that she was found. :heartbeat:

A gator did not decapitate Russ........a human did.

And gators don't return any of their kill. The torso would be the most appetizing thing of all to a gator.

LOL! I cant really believe we are considering that a gator decapitated Russ in one clean cut and then brought his torso home and put it in the garage.

The gator's teeth alone would leave massive jagged marks.

IMO

I know, and it's a pretty smart gator to know which garage belonged to Russ to put him into! :)
This is my First comment on the gators, and the last! :)

Poor Mr Higgs. I bet he thinks he's getting a new boat with that "up to $20,000 reward".

Okay, WHAT?

Higgs, who said he had gallbladder surgery about four weeks ago, was "doing some work around the house" earlier in the afternoon, saw his neighbor cutting grass, and suggested they go fishing for crappie.

"As we rode down the water, I noticed something just didn't look right," Higgs said. "Something was out of order. I saw (something) hung up on a tree – and I was 99 percent sure it was a body.

"I thought, 'Holy crap. That doesn't look right.'

http://www.msgr.com/news/article_2019c256-dd4a-11e3-a5f1-001a4bcf887a.html

Weren't we given the impression the body of Mrs. Dermond was recovered form the middle of the lake?

How exacly is there brush at the middle of this lake?

I was thinking about the poor fisherman that discovered SD's body earlier. Glad he has been identified, and imo, Mr. D Higgs should be saluted for his instincts and awareness. As a fisherman myself, fishing is very relaxing and normally serene. It is almost a form of therapy. Fishing will never be the same again for Mr. Higgs. In fact, after today's traumatic experience, Mr D. Higgs will likely need long term therapy.

I say give him the $20,000.00 Reward.. to purchase a new boat...

Mr D. Higgs, in his little crappie dingy with his grass cutting neighbor buddy, accomplished what DNR & PCSO couldn't do in two weeks, with the latest equipment and sonar technology. Who knows how many manpower hours and at what expense?

Most folks that have been following missing/murdered person's cases are aware that hunters, fishermen, hikers, bicyclists, dog walkers, and other outdoors persons are usually responsible for their discoveries..

I believe many who served came home from Japan with samurai swords.

Moo

I was thinking that the murderer had a sword. May be past military or a knife and sword collector.

IMO

I don't see it as a rage crime. I think this crime was done methodically, devoid of any emotion, and carefully planned out... designed by a depraved killer in order to make a point. He has left us all a mystery that he thinks no one can solve.

I did read one of their son's said they thought this happened during the day. The security system I has collects data. A log can be obtained showing each and every time the alarm was activated or disarmed. So if they have one similar then it may show it being disarmed at a certain time. Although LE may not have that log information back from the alarm company yet. I bet they do ask for it though.

However; the elderly can be too trusting sometimes and even if someone rang their doorbell at night Russ would have probably opened the door. Especially if the perp pretended to need his urgent help with something.

IMO

I am starting to believe you are right, Ocean. And I shudder to think they could be reading here.

Yes, I'm absolutely sure you are correct about the gentleman that found her. Guess I'm just thinking of The West Memphis three case where a reward caused someone to confess to a crime - totally unrelated to this case.

LOL! That is exactly what he is and nothing more.

He could probably use the money.

He found her and he deserves the reward.

IMO

I wonder if he (Mr H) also lives in the RP area? Only reason I question this is... he may deserve the reward but does he NEED it? :dunno:

Holy Smokes! That's a big one for sure. But they kill their prey by a death roll. Unless someone was bending over the pier and looking into the water and the gator just jumped up and bit his head off, but how did Mr. Dermond's body get back to the garage?

See the link below:

It is not uncommon to be attacked and dismembered even by an 8 footer. These animals weigh hundreds of pounds and have terrific mechanical advantage in their jaws and tails. Imagine a 500LB pit bull with the agility of a cat.

It was said that the cars were parked in the garage, meaning the area might have been crowded, obstructed and impassible.

The gator could have been in the garage hiding beneath a car and then startled by RD or SD. Suppose RD confronts it, it is backed in a corner, gets panicky, lunges and crushes his scull. His heart stops, the gator then decapitates him and swallows his head. Meanwhile SD hearing the commotion tries to protect RD and is likewise attacked, and dragged to the water as a result.

Maybe the investigators are mistaking the tracks of a gator dragging SD away from the garage as being a body dragged toward the garage.

Was the garage door open or closed when the body was found? Does the garage door automatically close after a while? Yes there are security gadgets that do that for you.

Check for strange bodily fluids, run DNA testing. (takes weeks) compare lacerations to known species.

Maybe there is a bullet in SD, then that would be a different story, but this is so bizarre that you have to consider a person would not do this.

If the investigators are not at least considering this possibility and having DNR search for gators, they may be wasting their time looking for a two legged "drifter".

List of fatal alligator attacks in the United States by decade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member