GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The part about a boat "absolutely" being used...! Gosh, makes me think MAYBE -- and certainly HOPE -- that someone sighted a boat doing something unusual near where Mrs. D. was found during the pertinent timeframe.

I know!

Just a thought: Could they retrieve any DNA from the questionnaires? I don't know how all that works, but it seems like it might be possible. Sorry if this is a dumb question/comment!

Exactly what I was thinking. 215 sets of fingerprints with names and contact information?
Ha! Sealed in an envelope? DNA
NO NO NO NO NO - kidding,

It honestly sounded like the detectives were asking them questions and filling the forms out but wow!
What better way to get a bunch of fingerprints all at once!
If he was after an unknown set of fingerprints he just may have them.
I wouldn't think he would run them without just cause.
Notice he said he saw who left early as well.

Well done sir, well done!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

If I had the energy I'd make a list of quotes that Sills has made just like that!
It's double speak. We hear it but, we aren't meant to understand. The perp however hears it loud and clear. I am certain he is probably quaking in his boots unless he doesn't have any plans on hanging out here on earth much longer anyway.

Heh! I bet this perp thought be committed the perfect crime.
Moo

I get the feeling from Sheriff Sills that the perp is someone in that community.

Just thinking.... doubtful the perp would have 'left early' and drawn attention to himself, theirself, herself. They might not have even been at that meeting. Now me, I might have to get up a few times and go to the ladies room, OAB hits, ya gotta go gotta go gotta go right now! ;) But I can see my husband getting up and leaving. Yup. His thoughts would have been more along the line of 'this isn't any of their business!" "I know I didn't kill anyone, and they're asking personal questions, and govt ain't getting my information!"...yeah... I can see him refusing to fill out a 28page packet from the FBI. He would be irate to say the least. I can't imagine he is the only person that thinks that way, though it is much different than my thinking.

Whoever knew this family, knew their habits, knew they had time on their side, all IMO.

As for the beheading.... if a 'prized' or 'personal' knife was used, one that might even be engraved with your name...and it the blade broke off...well...what could you do?? Digging out of a skull doesn't seem like it would be an easy task. But I still can't figure out WHY the body was in the garage if he wasn't killed there. Either there was a great clean up done, someone wanted him found soon, or I don't know. I honestly cannot come up with one reason why the body would have been moved into the garage, unless he was killed right in the yard, and putting in the garage would give the perp more time to get away before someone found him. Did the perp leave the doors unlocked on purpose? OR did the couple leave the doors unlocked?? If I owned a million dollar home, I know I would have a security system. If it was disabled, police will know. They can probably tell what time, and if the wires were cut, or if the keypad was used, etc. Has there been any mention of a cat or dog?? Wonder if the couple owned a pet?? If it was small, yappy dog that barked when the neighbor came over, or only when it was a stranger, that also would be a clue.

If the original weapon was lodged in the skull, and he was killed first, then maybe that's why Mrs. Dermond was removed from the scene. Maybe they didn't have a plan that included that happening, and thus didn't think of what they would use to kill her.

All I know is, I gotta get my house cleaned up. Cause if a murdered happened here today, cops would beyond clueless to what was or wasn't missing, and fingerprints would be everywhere, along with doggy nose prints. It would be very difficult to determine if a scuffle took place inside or not, unless blood was left. Yup, gotta stay inside and work on the house, instead of the chicken coop, barn, and yard. :p Though I would MUCH rather be outside!!!

I get the feeling from Sheriff Sills that the perp is someone in that community.

Has to be based on where he left Mrs. D's body.
Well I take that back. He knew how to navigate that lake in the dark. He knew of a prime place to secret her body away so as to delay her resurfacing. He knew that the crappie were spawning right now and not too many anglers would be trolling the area. He also knew no homes within 1/3 mile so he was unlikely to be seen.

This person either currently does or used to fish and has spent a significant amount of time on the lake.
Moo

I think you are absolutely correct. Sills is releasing bits and pieces of info that he wants the murderers to know. The FBI is working this going over this with a fine tooth comb and IMO, they are closer than we know to finding who did this. The DNR was pulled up rather abruptly and search was discontinued, with no plans to resume anytime soon IIRC.

I believe the FBI BAU team has delivered a profile of the killer(s) and believe they are following the media. That's why the Sheriff has been doing so many interviews and purposely releasing certain things. I'd expect the suspect(s) are feeling increased anxiety after hearing they have surveillance tapes from neighbors houses on the lake. I hope they got the cowards on tape!

A body in the yard might have been discovered much earlier!! From the flies gathering, buzzards flying around, etc., yeah, maybe that is why the body was put into the garage. Killed in the yard, placed inside. IF that was what happened, no doubt the actual scene was visible. A heavy rain would have washed most of the blood into the ground though. But if no rain, there's clotting, and lots of blood. Or was when the dog attacked our sheep. I guess it was 3 days later it rained, and other than the grass that was disturbed, there was no blood left, even the huge clots were gone.

And saying a boat was definitely used.... I wonder... can you put a boat into the water at the Dermond's home? Like a truck could have pulled a boat into the community, with a sticker on the vehicle so weren't noticed?? Then one perp drives away, one leaves on the boat and meets the other near where Mrs. Dermond was found??? Would that be possible??

Well I take that back. He knew how to navigate that lake in the dark. He knew of a prime place to secret her body away so as to delay her resurfacing. He knew that the crappie were spawning right now and not too many anglers would be trolling the area. He also knew no homes within 1/3 mile so he was unlikely to be seen.

This person either currently does or used to fish and has spent a significant amount of time on the lake.
Moo

Good thoughts!!! Maybe they DID live in the area, but don't now??? Maybe they've visited the area numerous times, staying within the community, or vacationed nearby. Maybe jealous they couldn't afford to live there, but love the community? Or bought when prices were higher, and was quite upset they lost money when selling??? Seems on that blog there were many that were upset about losing money, and the decline in property values. Many upset about the school and people using addresses from the community but not actually living there, so their kids could go to the 'elite' charter school. Even people upset about the rich kids getting free meals when their parents could pay. How that would connect with the Dermonds though, I don't know!!

Do we know of any others that visited from out of state or out of town for Spring holiday?

A body in the yard might have been discovered much earlier!! From the flies gathering, buzzards flying around, etc., yeah, maybe that is why the body was put into the garage. Killed in the yard, placed inside. IF that was what happened, no doubt the actual scene was visible. A heavy rain would have washed most of the blood into the ground though. But if no rain, there's clotting, and lots of blood. Or was when the dog attacked our sheep. I guess it was 3 days later it rained, and other than the grass that was disturbed, there was no blood left, even the huge clots were gone.

And saying a boat was definitely used.... I wonder... can you put a boat into the water at the Dermond's home? Like a truck could have pulled a boat into the community, with a sticker on the vehicle so weren't noticed?? Then one perp drives away, one leaves on the boat and meets the other near where Mrs. Dermond was found??? Would that be possible??

I believe they have to use boat ramps. I think their are some private ones in the neighborhoods.
I did see what. Looked like boat lifts on a few docks, to raise the boat out of the water,but I still don't think they can get them onto a trailer.
I don't know.
Moo

Moo

Exactly the killer(s) are from that community.
The risk they took by taking Mrs D from the property by boat for 5 miles was significant and they felt comfortable enough to do it.
They are very familiar with the area no doubt.

Had the horse race been held??? Did the Dermonds place bids on a horse? Could THAT be what's missing? I've never bet on a horse, so not sure how that works. Do you call someone up, or do it on the computer, or have to go somewhere to place a bid?

Ahh! Sills was all up under their dock durng the search.He wouldn't say why. Was he getting samples of hung up fishing line?
I wonder did the perp take one of Mr. D's fishing poles?
Maybe some of his lures?
Or the entire tackle box if he had one.
RD might not even fish,but if he did you can bet he'd have some prime time vintage lures that are not made any longer.

Derp!
MOTIVE! Killer could sell lures on e-bay or over fishing sites and who would be the wiser?
Some are $10,000-$12,000 each!
Others a few hundred.
One old man donated his tackle
box somewhere it was worth $4 million!!!!
*In fact, the antique fishing lure pictured above, the Giant Haskell Minnow, sold at auction for $101,200.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/5-most-valuable-antique-fishing-lures/

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/35-most-valuable-antique-lures

Moo

Carrying on from my #909 post last night:

Possible the simple answer to the reason RD was killed in the garage is that he was killed immediately after getting out of his car.

As I said in #909, if SD was the target of an assault and the assailant was finished with her, and suddenly here comes RD driving up, opening the garage door, and driving into the garage, all while a relatively familiar vehicle is sitting in the drive. Maybe the other vehicle was no concern to RD as he arrived, and when he got out of his car in the garage, he was struck.

The killer of SD could have eliminated her as simply as bashing her head on the concrete floor or used anything available like a hammer, and still have had it nearby. With RD waiting for the garage door to open, the killer could have prepared himself. When RD stepped out of the car, that was it.

But why would it be mandatory to remove the head? Could the killer be so deranged that he would engage in an unspeakable act that would also leave a DNA signature that would identify the guilty party?

Oh my.
Ok maybe the tackle box is way off.
I went looking on how to bait a crappie hole.
This is awful!
He wouldn't have used the head as bait to bring the fish in closer to her would he?

Professional Anglers use dead possum and dead mules...

"When they toss the dead mules in the lakes, they will draw you a topographical map showing where they placed them, and you can get in on some great crappie fishing."
-link below

Oh I am sick!
He didn't want her ever found!
He wanted people to always wonder.
(He reduced them to fish food)
Moo
Here is a link but be warned.
http://m.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20130507/NEWS/130509762?template=printart

Just thinking.... doubtful the perp would have 'left early' and drawn attention to himself, theirself, herself. They might not have even been at that meeting. Now me, I might have to get up a few times and go to the ladies room, OAB hits, ya gotta go gotta go gotta go right now! ;) But I can see my husband getting up and leaving. Yup. His thoughts would have been more along the line of 'this isn't any of their business!" "I know I didn't kill anyone, and they're asking personal questions, and govt ain't getting my information!"...yeah... I can see him refusing to fill out a 28page packet from the FBI. He would be irate to say the least. I can't imagine he is the only person that thinks that way, though it is much different than my thinking.

Whoever knew this family, knew their habits, knew they had time on their side, all IMO.

As for the beheading.... if a 'prized' or 'personal' knife was used, one that might even be engraved with your name...and it the blade broke off...well...what could you do?? Digging out of a skull doesn't seem like it would be an easy task. But I still can't figure out WHY the body was in the garage if he wasn't killed there. Either there was a great clean up done, someone wanted him found soon, or I don't know. I honestly cannot come up with one reason why the body would have been moved into the garage, unless he was killed right in the yard, and putting in the garage would give the perp more time to get away before someone found him. Did the perp leave the doors unlocked on purpose? OR did the couple leave the doors unlocked?? If I owned a million dollar home, I know I would have a security system. If it was disabled, police will know. They can probably tell what time, and if the wires were cut, or if the keypad was used, etc. Has there been any mention of a cat or dog?? Wonder if the couple owned a pet?? If it was small, yappy dog that barked when the neighbor came over, or only when it was a stranger, that also would be a clue.

If the original weapon was lodged in the skull, and he was killed first, then maybe that's why Mrs. Dermond was removed from the scene. Maybe they didn't have a plan that included that happening, and thus didn't think of what they would use to kill her.

All I know is, I gotta get my house cleaned up. Cause if a murdered happened here today, cops would beyond clueless to what was or wasn't missing, and fingerprints would be everywhere, along with doggy nose prints. It would be very difficult to determine if a scuffle took place inside or not, unless blood was left. Yup, gotta stay inside and work on the house, instead of the chicken coop, barn, and yard. :p Though I would MUCH rather be outside!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

(Green by me.) And you might want to get some sleep too! It is 3am! I woke up and rolled out of bed to check the thread. Your last paragraph made me laugh.:loveyou:

This is a disturbing case. Hope they are close to apprehending the demon/s. :please:

A short clip of Sheriff Sills on WSB 11 PM news:

Sills said, "I think there was an effort by the killer to conceal the body, yes. And I think the good Lord has provided us with the recovery of her body."

So......the killer WANTS Mr. Dermond to be found, headless.

The killer DOES NOT WANT Mrs. Dermond to be found.

What does that tell us ? Anybody ?

There has to be something about that which helps to explain the motive behind this.

So......the killer WANTS Mr. Dermond to be found, headless.

The killer DOES NOT WANT Mrs. Dermond to be found.

What does that tell us ? Anybody ?

There has to be something about that which helps to explain the motive behind this.

He needed time? Maybe. To cover his tracks, sink a boat, board a plane?
A body at the scene starts a murder investigation.
A missing wife opens up an abduction case.
Meanwhile what is killer doing?

moo

He needed time? Maybe. To cover his tracks, sink a boat, board a plane?
A body at the scene starts a murder investigation.
A missing wife opens up an abduction case.
Meanwhile what is killer doing?

moo

My guess would be that he/they are busy trying to avoid a police interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee