GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a case of Cardinal Sin against Deadly Sin. IF we are going to exalt the sinner lol.

Exactly! Also, where Mrs. Dermond's body was found leads me to believe it is someone who lives on the lake either part-time or all the time. Some regular Tom, Dick or Harry from out of the area is not going to be able to dump a body specifically in that area. It's someone who regularly fishes and knows where the fish are....

"With Memorial Day weekend launching boating season, Sills expects more gawkers.

“We certainly have had that happen so far, so it wouldn’t surprise me,” Sills said.

His deputies will be patrolling the lake as usual for the kickoff of summer and will make sure there is no trespassing onto the Dermond property, he warned.

The Georgia Department of Natural Resources also will be on the water, said Capt. Mark Padgett, Region 3 supervisor.

No places are off-limits in the wake of the killings, he said, including the spot where Shirley Dermond’s body was retrieved May 16.

DNR crews began searching the lake soon after the first body was found, and although they suspended regular searches for other evidence earlier this week, the rangers are still thinking about the case.

“We’ll be on the lake patrolling all weekend,” Padgett said. “We’ll ride through there to see if anything would surface.”
Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/24/311...-effect.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1##storylink=cpy

Thank you for the article.

That has me thinking about something else. This killer seems to think separating the evidence is the way to go. Imo, he thinks distancing one piece of evidence from the other somehow gives him more protection from being caught.

So I don't think he put Russ' head where he submerged Shirley. I wouldn't be surprised that he stopped along the way in another location miles apart and got rid of Russ' head or may have even buried the head at a completely different site.

IMO

It might be a case of Cardinal Sin against Deadly Sin. IF we are going to exalt the sinner lol.

AHA! Somebody mentioned a chalice as the assault weapon. And, even though I find it strange that no one from the Derby party didn't check on the Dermonds, I find it even stranger that no one checked on them after the Dermonds were no-shows at CHURCH! Somebody hit me over the head with a ton of :bricks: Maybe everyone just assumed their daughter stayed with them another week after Easter Sunday and really didn't expect Mrs. D to show up for bridge or church or the Derby party.

Thank you for the article.

That has me thinking about something else. This killer seems to think separating the evidence is the way to go. Imo, he thinks distancing one piece of evidence from the other somehow gives him more protection from being caught.

So I don't think he put Russ' head where he submerged Shirley. I wouldn't be surprised that he stopped along the way in another location miles apart and got rid of Russ' head or may have even buried the head at a completely different site.

IMO

That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe he threw it out somewhere on his way back to where he lives during the week in the trash or buried it on property away from Great Waters. They just have to find Mr. D's head. Have the children held the private service for their burials yet?

After reading most of the posts in this thread, I feel the need to state my opinion. I am hoping that LE is well on its way to an arrest for this horrendous crime. I can't imagine the type of monster and coward who could commit this atrocity.

I am a believer of Occam's Razor. Simply put, it is a philosophy that the simplest, obvious, and least complicated, explanation for a mystery, is the most probable. Having said this, I believe that someone close to the Dermonds was responsible. Also, this person or persons had something to gain (probably financial). I do like the theory that it could have been someone who tried to con them, and they were outed. But still the perpetrator(s) were known to the victims. Most crimes are committed by those known to the victim.

We all have our own opinions, but I think we all want justice for the Dermonds. :twocents:

IMHO

This is the way I have always approached cases. What is the easier theory that gets me from Point A to Point B based on commonsense and logic. I exclude complex theories or those who don't make logical sense to me based on facts that have been revealed at the time.

That is why I continue to believe the murderer lives right inside of GW. Every time I ask myself who would be the one that had the knowledge needed to pull this off without being detected and I keep coming up with the same answer.

No one would know all the things that had to be known prior to pull off these crimes undetected better than someone living right there in the neighborhood. Most of the time murders are committed by someone who lived very close in proximity to the victim(s)

If Shirley had remained missing none of her legal rights would have been set aside. It would take up to 5-7 years before a Judge would declare her legally deceased and in the meantime the estate would be suspended in limbo. So by then if Shirley and Russ had lived they would have probably died of natural causes in their 90s.
Snipped for focus...
I do wonder at their age if there weren't some other options already in place.
Being that RD was the wage earner, in the event of his death, that his estate was to be left to and handled by someone else.
Say a "banking agent"... Someone that would then in turn be financially responsible for her.

I don't understand all the ins and outs of how Power of Attorney works. I know when my mom died the power of attorney of my grandmother came to me. She only lived for 5 more weeks. I paid one month of her nursing home bills. She was my responsibility just like she was one of my children.

I thought sherrif Sills was pretty certain she too was deceased, but when the billboards went up all over it made me change my mind.

Sills knows what RD had worked out in his will in the event of his demise. I don't think if anything seemed odd he'd let it slide.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Snipped for focus...
Being that RD was the wage earner, in the event of his death, that his estate was to be left to and handled by someone else.
Say a "banking agent"... Someone that would then in turn be financially responsible for her.

I don't understand all the ins and outs of how Power of Attorney works. I know when my mom died the power of attorney of my grandmother came to me. She only lived for 5 more weeks. I paid one month of her nursing home bills. She was my responsibility just like she was one of my children.

I thought sherrif Sills was pretty certain she too was deceased, but when the billboards went up all over it made me change my mind.

Sills knows what RD had worked out in his will in the event of his demise. I don't think if anything seemed odd he'd let it slide.

BBM

I've mostly thought that the billboards were to make the perp have to face her and hopefully instill some guilt or maybe even some rage that might cause him to out himself.

Snipped for focus...

Sheriff Sills always seemed to give the impression that Mrs. D was deceased too just because Mr. D was found murdered. But like you then the billboards went up with the reward announcement, well maybe he has some hope she's alive. Then Boom! The fishermen found her in the lake. :thud: I so wanted her to be found alive.

I wanted to add that the gas station employees called the police, and "they" (I am assuming "they" are the police), called Russell and Russell told them where Shirley could be found, and her car was parked at the Hut. This incident that the bridge players recalled believe it happened before the remodeling of the Hut in 2008.
This was when Shirley drove herself to play bridge. I wonder if Shirley carried a cell phone then?
In the article, it also mentions that Shirley was driven to the Tuesday club gatherings at The Plaza.
Originally, early in the thread, I thought perhaps Shirley was not kidnapped from her home, but kidnapped elsewhere, then when I read that her cellphone, purse, and keys were found at home, I decided that with those being found at home that she would have taken those items or some of those items with her, had she had been elsewhere. Well, reading the link about her forgetting to pay for the gas and Russell speaking to the police about where they could find her, I do wonder if Shirley had a cellphone then, as in did Russell call her that the police were on the way, or she had no inkling until the police arrived.
If she had a cellphone then, but chose not to take it with her, then how would it be known for sure that Shirley was kidnapped from her own home now?
Perhaps she went somewhere with someone, leaving the cellphone, keys, and purse behind, because maybe Russell was home at the time so she would be able to get back in the house?
IMOO.

Household help---they probably had help cleaning the house. Her children may NOT have known because if they knew how BADLY her mobility was and what she could no longer do, they would "encourage" the D's to sell the house, buy one of the smaller RP cottages, move into assisted living or move near the kids. My mother put on a big "show" everytime I visited about how well she got around. She deserved an Academy Award.

Gas station-- I missed the Greensboro/RP exit once (talking on phone) to gas up my car on the road to NC. I always stop at gas stations I feel are in safe areas after making the trip to NC for 30 years. So I took the next exit that had a BP sign- think it's Sparta ( ? ) I pull up to station, see a HP car sitting there (feeling very safe!), get out to pump gas, credit card in hand, and can't find the card reader! Where is it? I had to go in and pay! What?? This illustrates that this area is rural. Really rural, folks. Lots of places to hide or bury a head.

BBM

I've mostly thought that the billboards were to make the perp have to face her and hopefully instill some guilt or maybe even some rage that might cause him to out himself.

I cannot disagree on this point either. It seems they (LE) have always been talking directly to the killer. Maybe it's just me and one too many true crime shows. :scared:

Snipped for focus...

I have been a POA three times, Executrix twice and a legal guardian twice.

The Estate would not go forward as long as Shirley was considered 'missing' if she was listed in his Will in any manner and I have no doubt she was. Her rights were never eroded simply because she was missing. They never did find my elderly neighbor's body when she jumped into the lake and everything she owned that was to go to her heirs was frozen until a declaration of death had been issued and it took a little over 5 years. And I am sure Shirley had valuable assets herself and none of those assets would be distrubituted.

Even though everyone suspected she had been murdered, and of course we were right, that is not enough proof for the court. Not by a long shot.

At that time for all they knew Shirley could have gone crazy and did this herself to Russ. They just didn't know, and they also couldn't prove at the time with 100% certainty that the kidnapper wasn't holding her captive alive either. And that would have continued. It is very hard to declare someone dead when there is no proof of it to be found anywhere.

The way it is done is through a time span of years and the victim never making contact with anyone.

IMO

Household help---they probably had help cleaning the house. Her children may NOT have known because if they knew how BADLY her mobility was and what she could no longer do, they would "encourage" the D's to sell the house, buy one of the smaller RP cottages, move into assisted living or move near the kids. My mother put on a big "show" everytime I visited about how well she got around. She deserved an Academy Award.
Gas station-- I missed the Greensboro/RP exit once (talking on phone) to gas up my car on the road to NC. I always stop at gas stations I feel are in safe areas after making the trip to NC for 30 years. So I took the next exit that had a BP sign- think it's Sparta ( ? ) I pull up to station, see a HP car sitting there (feeling very safe!), get out to pump gas, credit card in hand, and can't find the card reader! Where is it? I had to go in and pay! What?? This illustrates that this area is rural. Really rural, folks. Lots of places to hide or bury a head.

This is where I am right now with my father. He did sign power of attorney over to me, but I cannot take care of him full time as I work full time. He's fully dependent on a wheelchair to get around and my home is not wheelchair accessible. He's also been scammed by several folks I found out after the fact. Too trusting! He's in a nursing home since he broke his hip, but he puts on a show twice a week when I go see him. Tells me every time he wants to go home... heartbreaking, but I know he is being well taken care of and he won't fall and lay there for hours because he can't get to the phone.

Okay - that's really rural to have no credit card reader. The head could be anywhere. . . even a hollow tree. I just want Mr. Dermond's head found. It's driving me crazy. Where's the head? :banghead:

:eek:fftobed: :tyou: Hope we hear something tomorrow. A big salute to everyone who has served our great country and also to all who given their life so that we may continue to live freely! ~xo Boots

This is where I am right now with my father. He did sign power of attorney over to me, but I cannot take care of him full time as I work full time. He's fully dependent on a wheelchair to get around and my home is not wheelchair accessible. He's also been scammed by several folks I found out after the fact. Too trusting! He's in a nursing home since he broke his hip, but he puts on a show twice a week when I go see him. Tells me every time he wants to go home... heartbreaking, but I know he is being well taken care of and he won't fall and lay there for hours because he can't get to the phone.

Okay - that's really rural to have no credit card reader. The head could be anywhere. . . even a hollow tree. I just want Mr. Dermond's head found. It's driving me crazy. Where's the head? :banghead:

IF the perp is arrested he might give up the location to avoid the death penalty.
I don't know.

Maybe the head was severed so Mr. D would never " be at peace" and this was done to continue to harass/scare/terrorize/torment the D family. When my dad died,I kept most of his ashes in an urn and took some to scatter at 3 places dear to his heart, someone told me that was "a bad idea" as he would never be at peace as he was not in one place. I had never heard that before.

Just my thought, but I think OBE thinks it's funny that the killer is so stupid.

I will go back and delete that part out. I certainly wasn't making light of the killer or where I think he lives.

It was humor that fell flat and I was really trying to say that most of you are probably tired of seeing my theory that he lives in GW.

Sorry for any confusion.

I'm not thinking with all 8 cylinders today it seems.

But anywho.........I just read this article. Interesting.

If the killer or killers responsible for the bizarre slaying of the elderly couple live in Georgia, then there is little doubt that they have heard of killer Stephen McDaniel, especially since he lived little more than an hour's drive away from the upscale golfing community of the victims, and since his case has garnered so much media attention this year given his bizarre crime and recent confession.

McDaniel shares details that could help the Dermond investigators, because he reveals how he used the victim's own bathtub to dismember her limbs and head from her torso before wrapping them in separate black trash bags and throwing the parts in two separate locations: the Mercer Law School Dumpster and the Barrister's Hall apartment's trashcans.

Due to a delayed trash pickup, the Lauren Giddings murder case caught a break, and police recovered victim remains, aiding them in their investigation and arrest of McDaniel. Likewise in the Shirley Dermond case, two fishermen happened upon Shirley Dermond's body floating in Lake Oconee, where her killer or killers hid it.

But Russell Dermond's head is still missing. And if the killer or killers in this case followed Stephen McDaniel's case and learned from his MO, then Russell Dermond's missing remains could be somewhere besides the lake being searched. It could have been placed in a trash can or dumpster on the luxury property somewhere, and while it may already be at a trash dump site as a result; it may also still be on the 599 parcel property somewhere.

http://www.examiner.com/article/les...tigators-from-georgia-killer-stephen-mcdaniel

IMO

To me, it is such an easy case. The more the money-the easier the target-the simpler the going in and the going out.

Reading these posts ^^^ brings to mind another possibility. The visitor perp may have been a person trying to get the Dermonds to move to a community nearby that offers the two bedroom villas with various services, then assisted living, and nursing home care. Communities like this have so many styles to choose from.

If GW started as a retirement community in its beginning, what an ideal area to build a real retirement community. I don't know what to call it. If there is one, off property, but close to the area, the long time neighbors could move out of their fancy homes, and still enjoy their friendships.

If this were to exist, the Dermonds would know about it, there have been meetings at the clubhouse, and tours at the facility. Perhaps a salesman called on them, they refused once again to buy into it. The salesman would definitely have had a financial gain to be made! He had sales quotas to meet and the Dermond's age made them perfect candidates. The salesperson may have been the director and lived in the neighborhood to become acquainted with prospective buyers or even children whose parents would be needing such services soon. So they were familiar with the perp, the perp had a financial gain to make, plus he lived in the neighborhood!

I have been a POA three times, Executrix twice and a legal guardian twice.

The Estate would not go forward as long as Shirley was considered 'missing' if she was listed in his Will in any manner and I have no doubt she was. Her rights were never eroded simply because she was missing. They never did find my elderly neighbor's body when she jumped into the lake and everything she owned that was to go to her heirs was frozen until a declaration of death had been issued and it took a little over 5 years. And I am sure Shirley had valuable assets herself and none of those assets would be distrubituted.

Even though everyone suspected she had been murdered, and of course we were right, that is not enough proof for the court. Not by a long shot.

At that time for all they knew Shirley could have gone crazy and did this herself to Russ. They just didn't know, and they also couldn't prove at the time with 100% certainty that the kidnapper wasn't holding her captive alive either. And that would have continued. It is very hard to declare someone dead when there is no proof of it to be found anywhere.

The way it is done is through a time span of years and the victim never making contact with anyone.

IMO

Lol I read this as "I have been a POI three times." :jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members