DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man’s body found in Sinclair
Fisherman dies after colliding with dock

Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:30 am

“It appears that he hit a dock or something – or a log or something,” Howard Sills, Putnam County sheriff, said. “There was some damage to the boat. He obviously went over the windshield.”
The boat also showed damage along its right side.

The DNR rangers and Luke Friday afternoon inspected the area where the boat was found, including the nearby dock.
Cpl. Lynn “Bubba” Stanford said Saturday Zeagler “definitely ran into a dock.”
He added, “What caused him to run into that dock, we don’t know.”

http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_d8980e26-ec2e-11e3-adde-001a4bcf887a.html

no time to post coherently rushing out the door. thanks to our hard working mods, marking my spot on this new thread

This is interesting, wonder how Sills would know that two different weapons were used, but also why would he disclose this ? I stand by my (humble) opinion that this is a mob/cartel hit and the killers will never be caught. Some of these other theories thrown out here are interesting to consider /read, but way beyond credible.

Which ones aren't credible to you AFL? Just wondering.

I have continuously said that I respect all theories here and that will always continue. However; respectfully this just doesn't have the feel of a hit man.

Hit men have no reason to remove the head and take it with them. Now they may cut the head off and leave it laying there for shock value but I think that would be done more often by a sadistic serial killer who loves to leave gruesome scenes.

Imo, there is just no reason for a hit man to go through all this trouble. Hit men have no personal ties to the victims they kill. There would absolutely be no reason for them to cut off the head of Russ and go to all the trouble of taking Shirley's body out in to the deep water hoping she would never be found. A hit man doesn't care if the victims are found. Why would they care or go to all this effort and risks? They aren't linked to the victims in any manner anyway.

So I do think Sills take on the case is solid. I imagine the FBI unit has closely gone over everything (the evidence left behind) this killer has done and how it was done and has a very good profile of this person. Imo, the FBI profilers have told Sills this is what this kind of person would do trying to protect themselves because the killer is known to Shirley and Russ in someway.

Only those connected to the victims in someway even as a casual acquaintance would go to all this trouble and risks, imo Its obvious that the killer went to great lengths to hide the body(S)/head (R). Imo, he knows his familiarity with the victims can be his biggest threat of capture and that is why he had to distance and hide the main evidence hoping it would never be found.

I have always felt removing the head was done out of necessity. Sills makes good sense imo. The removal of the head and the taking of Shirley made the police agencies go into a tailspin having two different kind of investigations going on at the same time. The killer had no way of knowing when they would be found. Russ' torso could have been found within minutes or hours after he was put in the garage.

He was trying to buy time knowing the police would be scrambling to find Shirley. This killer may have thought exactly as Sills thinks and wanted Sills to think Shirley had gone crazy and had done this to her own husband and then left. And Sills did have to consider that possibility for he said so. Of course this was before she was found in the lake dead...and the killer never expected her to surface.

So the killer is smart and he played a game with LE and it worked. Many many hours and 11 long days were spent searching for Shirley dead or alive.

IMO

RSBM
So this pretty much says that Mrs. D was weighted down or tied to something in the water. If that's the case, then a theory of randomness goes out the window. If it were a case of a random thrill kill, why would the killer care if she were found? Why go through the trouble of weighing her down? And why go through the trouble of putting her in the lake to begin with.

MOO

Exactly.:seeya:

No one goes to all this time- effort and trouble to hide the body evidence unless they know they have a connection to the victims in someway.

While I respect all theories I never believed this was random, or a hit by the mafia, cult or cartel. Imo, S&R was personally targeted by someone they knew in some manner.

Most murderers are known to the victims they murder whether they are an acquaintance, neighbor, someone living in the community, or someone that knew them well. I think this is going to be the same case here and this killer is from this area.

Now how they knew them or how closely...we don't know. But I continue to believe whoever this is lives in the close proximity of the Dermonds ....even at GW or maybe the surrounding area.

It would take someone very knowledgeable of not only the Dermonds daily routine but also someone who is very knowledgeable about the surrounding properties at GW and lake where Shirley was taken.

Sounds like Sills is throwing out a few different words either to change his prior stories or to anger thr perps. IMO

Now the perps are hoodlums. Sills previous remarks of the perp most likely living in the GW neighborhood and now being called a hoodlum should point the person out in a minute. I doubt there is any one that fit this description in that neighborhood. Maybe an older son, still living at home, spoiled little rich boy, - in this case, many people know about him, have they spoken up?

Another statement Sills made is he has forensic of fingerprints, hair, fibers, and other things they can't talk about. My question to him is, but do any of these items belong to the murderer? The D's daughter and granddaughter had been there the week before for Easter so their DNA would be all mixed in the house too. I just question that if Sills has all this info from the perp, with the FBI abilities to analyze every thread down to the manufacturer, then their investigation ought to being getting them close to the perp.

Also, to be subpoenaing documents, LE is on at least one person's trail. JMO

BBM

Which has me thinking even more that the murderer was very familiar with Mr. and Mrs. D. The perp knew about the visit and timed the murder accordingly in order to have even more hair, fibers, etc. mixed into the home. Could the perp have paid a visit while the daughter was in town but not at the house (maybe out running errands)?

BTW, how do you know it was just the daughter and granddaughter?

I wonder how they could alert everyone in the community about the Dermonds?? If some of the owners only come once a month, or a few times a year....then how are they contacting them to see if they were there that weekend and saw anything unusual? Would they know it was unusual if they aren't there that often? Are most of the owners the kind to mind their business? Or do they socialize on a surface level? Or are they friends with other owners? Do they look out for each other's home when they aren't there? Like the local owners keep an eye on the homes of the ones they know only come a few times a year? In other words, is it a close neighborhood where everyone knows what goes on at another's property?? Or like in the cities where you often don't know your neighbors, but may know they live near you, or in the same apartment building, and may say "HI" in passing, but really don't know anything about their life, their past, their family, etc.?

The reason I'm wondering, because in the blog was posted here, there was some questionaire that was sent to residents, but only if you had an active email account, and checked it did you realize you had gotten it. Many people posted that they never got it, and lived out of the state.

BTW, does anyone remember that blog and can someone link me?

Guess who has (or would have had) a birthday tomorrow. Mr. D.
Positive thoughts!

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Yeah so sad, I noticed he was discovered on the 6th and bday a month later on the 6th

The big 89!!

thanks for the reminder!

Does anyone else read all the FB comments from the AJC and WSBTV articles? They are pretty interesting. <modsnip>

RSBM
So this pretty much says that Mrs. D was weighted down or tied to something in the water. If that's the case, then a theory of randomness goes out the window. If it were a case of a random thrill kill, why would the killer care if she were found? Why go through the trouble of weighing her down? And why go through the trouble of putting her in the lake to begin with.

MOO

Goodness wouldn't that be difficult to take a dead weight body out in the river late at night on a night with only 1/8 moon so a very dark night and bury her weighted down underwater way out there?

They had to have lights on the boat to see where they were going and it had to be in the middle of the night when most would be sleeping.

Who takes that chance..to bury her in the river?

For all that work why not take her someplace way out in the woods and bury her in a shallow grave.

For that matter why not leave her in the garage since Mr. D would be found eventually.

What a puzzle this all is.

The Godfather comes to mind;

In the film

Woltz is a Jewish film producer who refuses to cast the singer/actor Johnny Fontane in a war film that would revive Johnny's flagging career. Fontane asks Vito Corleone, the head of the Corleone crime family and his godfather, to lean on Woltz. Corleone sends his consigliere, Tom Hagen, to Hollywood to "reason" with Woltz.

Hagen offers to help Woltz with union trouble in return for casting Fontane. Woltz loses his temper, shouting anti-Italian slurs at Hagen, and refuses to bargain.

Later, after learning Hagen represents Don Corleone, he appears more eager to listen, even inviting Hagen to dinner at his palatial estate. However, in the end, Woltz still refuses to cast Fontane, explaining to Hagen that Fontane had run off with one of his young female stars-in-the-making (with whom Woltz had been having an affair) and made him appear ridiculous. Hagen makes a veiled threat in response, which Woltz laughs off.

The following morning, in one of the most famous scenes in film history, Woltz wakes up to find the severed head of his prized stud horse, Khartoum, in his bed with him. Though he phones the Corleones and furiously threatens to bring the law on their heads, he eventually gives in to their wishes and casts Fontane.

Jack Woltz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goodness wouldn't that be difficult to take a dead weight body out in the river late at night on a night with only 1/8 moon so a very dark night and bury her weighted down underwater way out there?

They had to have lights on the boat to see where they were going and it had to be in the middle of the night when most would be sleeping.

Who takes that chance..to bury her in the river?

For all that work why not take her someplace way out in the woods and bury her in a shallow grave.

For that matter why not leave her in the garage since Mr. D would be found eventually.

What a puzzle this all is.

Such a puzzle and seems like a lot of chances taken.
I don't think it is easy to navigate the lake at night and these are huge lakes so IMO it has to be someone very familiar with LO. However, you can turn me in a circle in the mall and I'll go in the wrong direction so maybe it's just me...

Not obvious IMO. Didn't the coroner state Mr. D's COD was head trauma?

MOO

I remember that also. Reported both had head trauma how can LE know there were two different weapons when they haven't found the missing head to compare the wounds. Maybe I've missed something. Jmo

ciao

Perhaps toxicology results are back? Injected with something, and then beheaded? Slipped something in a glass of wine, or food? Who knows at this point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice