GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving a place. I see the.good.sheriff Sills gave us some more Sillisms.:loveyou:

Trust me, RP can get in touch with every property owner. Club bills, property owners association. That blog is not used by large percentage of owners.

Do you happen to know where the large percentage of owners ARE chatting?

I know people like to beat the drums in scary times like this. TIA

I wonder if they found the head last week and that's why LE was incredibly quiet for the past several days.

I read an article that talked about a certain kind of equipment that was being employed in the lake after the discovery of SD's body. Around Memorial Day, Sills made a public statement for people to be aware they were still looking for the head.

There have been no such recent comments. And now they 'know' the Dermonds were killed with two different weapons.

Today, Sills searched their house again, but had officially turned it back over to the family before Memorial Day weekend. I wonder what sparked the new need to get back in that house?

:floorlaugh:
Just my opinion, :moo:, but one can never be paranoid enough. I may need my glass of wine early tonight.

OH I KNOW RIGHT?! I got a call for one my rentals earlier, the guy said he was held at gunpoint in his home, pretty secluded where he currently rents, and they stole his wallet, phone etc, whether it's true or not or he was actully the perp IDK, I dont' believe everything these people tell me

ANYHOO

went to the gas stateion after that, some guy walked up behind me at the pump, now why the hell did i have my back to the street while pumping gas I can't understand, after all this

I jumped and backed away when he nicely said, ma'am, do you mind if I ask you a question, I looked him dead in the eye and said yes I do mind. LOL

got in my car and locked it, thats how paranoid I am now

getting me a sticker for my car about smith and wesson

NOW Before everyone bashes it, just know

"stickers don't kill people, people do !" :floorlaugh:

I wonder if they found the head last week and that's why LE was incredibly quiet for the past several days.

I read an article that talked about a certain kind of equipment that was being employed in the lake after the discovery of SD's body. Around Memorial Day, Sills made a public statement for people to be aware they were still looking for the head.

There have been no such recent comments. And now they 'know' the Dermonds were killed with two different weapons.

Today, Sills searched their house again, but had officially turned it back over to the family before Memorial Day weekend. I wonder what sparked the new need to get back in that house?

I remember them saying they were taking the weekend off, welll (proably as much as possible)

I wondered too why they went back to the house,

that circle they're running in is getting pretty tight, sooner or later HOPEFULLY SOMTHING will turn up

Sills had stated they were" running down leads today" in the news report

But also something about " no roads they need to travel down" implying there are no leads?

Forensics aren't back yet so nothing to do with that, yeah looking for more possible weapons used??

SURELY they would have todl the public about finding ofhead but maybe they didnt' want the perp to know they had more evidence that could lead to him/her

Someone from the area..."killed" Mr. Dermond twice...Shirley was probably not the target, but killed because she was a witness. I don't think it was anything more than someone in the area was very angry at Russell Dermond for whatever the reason.

Do you happen to know where the large percentage of owners ARE chatting?

I know people like to beat the drums in scary times like this. TIA

To clarify about the blog, it's mostly politics, local issues and some griping.

I suppose people are talking about it in private, but there is not much public talk about it in any forum, internet or otherwise,

Many people don't expect it to be solved although everyone is hoping and praying that it will be solved.

Goodness wouldn't that be difficult to take a dead weight body out in the river late at night on a night with only 1/8 moon so a very dark night and bury her weighted down underwater way out there?

They had to have lights on the boat to see where they were going and it had to be in the middle of the night when most would be sleeping.

Who takes that chance..to bury her in the river?

For all that work why not take her someplace way out in the woods and bury her in a shallow grave.

For that matter why not leave her in the garage since Mr. D would be found eventually.

What a puzzle this all is.

The killer would really have no clue when Russ' torso would be found. He could have been found within a few short hours after he was placed there. That was one thing he could not predict.

I think the only expertise that would be needed to do it in the dark would be to have great knowledge of how to get out of this particular sleepy little inlet at night and into the deep waters. They may have even night fished before leaving from that area and going out to the deeper waters.

I think they knew it was a risk but a risk they felt they must take. They had to take the head and body evidence away from the GW property altogether to distance themselves from the crime itself. I think they felt it was safer to dump Shirley in the water than to leave her on the grounds of GW. If they had buried the head and her body then much more evidence can be left behind than if the victims were submerged in water. I think the killer's location is right there in GW or in the close proximity and that is why he did this the way it was done.

By doing it this way I think he thought people may think that Shirley would become the suspect and also with her just classified as missing it would be a distraction and that worked too for a week and a half. For 11 long days most of the investigation concentrated on looking for a 'missing' elderly woman dead or alive. Even Sills said he had to consider Shirley's possible involvement and had never said he ruled that possibility out until her body was found and then he knew for sure she wasn't involved.

IMO

To clarify about the blog, it's mostly politics, local issues and some griping.

I suppose people are talking about it in private, but there is not much public talk about it in any forum, internet or otherwise,

Many people don't expect it to be solved although everyone is hoping and praying that it will be solved.

about how most feel I think

:floorlaugh:

OH I KNOW RIGHT?! I got a call for one my rentals earlier, the guy said he was held at gunpoint in his home, pretty secluded where he currently rents, and they stole his wallet, phone etc, whether it's true or not or he was actully the perp IDK, I dont' believe everything these people tell me

ANYHOO

went to the gas station after that, some guy walked up behind me at the pump, now why the hell did i have my back to the street while pumping gas I can't understand, after all this

I jumped and backed away when he nicely said, ma'am, do you mind if I ask you a question, I looked him dead in the eye and said yes I do mind. LOL

got in my car and locked it, thats how paranoid I am now

getting me a sticker for my car about smith and wesson

NOW Before everyone bashes it, just know

"stickers don't kill people, people do !" :floorlaugh:

<BBM for Focus>

"Beware of them there Sliders, Tomkat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkghjJ55BU

Interesting. There aren't that many people these days who don't have their fingerprints on file.

It seems that way for sure! It makes me wonder how long before AFIS became available that the prints taken by individual police departments were useable? Like, strict guidelines were not necessarily followed so prints were not quality prints, etc.

But then my thoughts go back to if the perp lives in GW, assume he is an executive, and I doubt he has ever had his prints taken!

Someone from the area..."killed" Mr. Dermond twice...Shirley was probably not the target, but killed because she was a witness. I don't think it was anything more than someone in the area was very angry at Russell Dermond for whatever the reason.

I do agree that this killer is from the very area this all happened in but I think both were targeted. If his intentions were to target Russ only he could have found away to do that when Shirley wasn't there. We already know they went places without the other one.

Both knew this killer's secret imo.

IMO

BBM

BTW, how do you know it was just the daughter and granddaughter?

snipped by me to answer question

I have only seen these two mentioned in the media. If more of the daughter's family came, I missed it.

I do agree that this killer is from the very area this all happened in but I think both were targeted. If his intentions were to target Russ only he could have found away to do that when Shirley wasn't there. We already know they went places without the other one.

Both knew this killer's secret imo.

IMO

OBE, under your theory, were they killed away from home? If so, how did they get there?

It seems that way for sure! It makes me wonder how long before AFIS became available that the prints taken by individual police departments were useable? Like, strict guidelines were not necessarily followed so prints were not quality prints, etc.

But then my thoughts go back to if the perp lives in GW, assume he is an executive, and I doubt he has ever had his prints taken!

I think that is the problem LE is having. Yes, I am sure they do have forensic evidence, such as prints, fibers, hair but if they have no one to compare the prints to then it really does them no good.

ITA! I think the killer is a professional of some sort that fits in well in the community he resides in and I don't think his prints are in any data system either whether it was for employment or landed in AFIS because of being a criminal. I don't think he even has a criminal history.

Imo, this killer is an unusual suspect.

JMO

You don't have to be a perp to have prints on file. CCP requires fingerprinting. If you have a minor child in school and accompany them on field trips, there is a good chance you would have your prints on file having had a background check done by the school. Those are just a couple of examples... I forgot that my prints are on file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB