GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading a blog today where someone once used a cast iron skillet as a boat anchor.
Thought it was interesting. It could be used to weigh down a body, too.

A seasoned cast iron skillet is INVALUABLE! A most treasured priceless item. No true southerner would use it for such a purpose ... Blasphemy!

Per the article I linked previously...

"The sheriff has all but eliminated the idea that some sort of ritualistic cult was involved. “If that was the case, they’d want us to know,” he said."

And, by professional, I thought it meant "hired hit".

*Upon further thought, maybe someone hired amateur hit men???

No I don't doubt it's been ruled out

was trying to understand, what rules out those 3 named in regards to what they HAVE or don't HAVE in leads/clues

so to understand what they might be looking for wiht the clues/leads they do have or do not have

Yeah I thought about hired hit by amateur also

SO, serial killer, thrill killer, pro hit has nOT BEEN RULED OUT

should we be concerned? LOL

Posting from a website on murder profiling......

Remember, when writing a villain who is a serial killer, keep in mind what Pete has taught us. Most are nice looking, very personable and blend in to be the guy next door, someone you would never think could be killing people. These villains, to me, are far more scary because you don’t see them coming. Until next time.

Happy writing,

Diane Kratz

http://profilesofmurder.com/category/profiling/

BE SAFE ALL !

Good thing to remember I suppose, if you can keep from being paranoid :facepalm:

Oh my. Do you have water near you? Lots of leaves and pine needles? Chickens? Anything that attracts them? Please be careful!!! Get a big dog. jmo

Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes!!!!...awwww can't..I travel too much so No

Think those words were spoken by Rob Reiner's mom. His son was in the same scene at the restaurant.

I must be taking too much benadryl for these darn GA allergies, effecting my memory

BUT I REMEMERED THAT SCENE :facepalm:

:floorlaugh:

what if...this is my hypothetical scenario... Russell was taking an evening walk on the golf course and was hit in the head by a golf ball, hard. He falls to the ground stunned. The golfers rush to his aid, maybe in a cart. He thinks he's ok and asks for a ride to his house nearby. By the time they get to his house brain swelling is happening and collapses and dies in the garage. Mrs D surprises the perps in the garage, she turns to go phone for help, they panic and maybe throw a blanket over her head and hit her with something heavy and handy ( nine iron?) No blood splatter. The perps must remove the head because it will be an obvious golf ball impact wound. and they must get rid of Mrs D because she saw them...
If they are locals or regulars they could hustle back to the pro shop, or to their own home, and give excuses to the wives about taking the boat for a spin, silently pull up to the dock. grab bodies and parts, head to the dam area, drop load, and return to their own dock by midnight. this is just a hypothesis...

"The culprits are most likely seasoned criminals _ "You don't escalate from shoplifting to decapitation," Van Zandt said.
"This is way over the line on the sociopathic scale," he said.
Decapitations are extremely rare, Van Zandt said, and almost always personal. Taking Russell Dermond's head, which remains missing, "makes a tremendous statement," the longtime profiler said.
"This is the kind of thing you'd see from a Mexican drug cartel," he said."

http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/1370401571fa6ed37cb1d306c25577a8#.U5UvQoHD8m8

I am at a loss.
A seasoned sociopath, a very personal killing trying to make it look like the cartel who kept the head to send a message to someone. ???
I can't wrap my mind around it.
moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I honestly think the next time I see one I might have a heart attack. My son swears he can smell them when on the trials by the lake. He says they smell like musk cologne? I dunno.

For those of you outdoor nature lovers, my girlfriend has a friend who posted this video of a Doe giving birth to twins in his driveway June 1st. He just started recording.
It is birth so a little icky, but watching her try and figure out to handle 2 babies was fascinating to me.
If nothing else fast forward to 8:50 and watch her when baby B squeals... bout wet my pants laughing.
Nice to see life once in awhile.

White tail Doe giving birth to twin fawns.:
http://youtu.be/Rzd9tR86_Tw

What a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL video!!!! Thanks for sharing! So fabulous and tell your friend thanks!

I don't really know either, HB ;) 'Just hoping someone might have an idea on this topic.

While we don't have all the facts in this case, we do have some knowledgeable people here.

What info do we have (if any) that suggests "professional"?

And, why would an amateur killer want the crime to look like it was the work of a pro?

**Please no more photos of copperheads... I'm TERRIFIED! :scared:

hired hit, amateur; Neither have ever done this before

there are subpeonas and court orders; there is something in the house or connected to the D's that looks suspicious maybe?

"The sheriff has all but eliminated the idea that some sort of ritualistic cult was involved. “If that was the case, they’d want us to know,” he said."

BBM

So glad Sills has verified what most of us here thought....no cult involvement. The whole cult theory, as well as the animal that shall not be named :giggle: was nonsensical to me. That being said, I tend to lean towards a perp(s) who did not want an extremely damaging secret to be made public. What was the secret?
:dunno: Imo, it might have to do with some type of financial wrong doings on the perp(s) behalf. I do feel like Sills is zeroing in on his target. I expect an arrest or two in the coming weeks. But I've always been a 'glass half full' kind of girl.

beheading the head of the family is exactly what I would expect hoodlums who were not professional to do if they wanted to suggest professionals or a "message" type specific targeting of the Dermonds.

The whole taking the head as a sort of taking the head of the family. That sounds like a movie twist in a gangster - cartel type film. And something a couple of fringe petty criminals who were inexperienced in murder might do to suggest a "hit" or revenge type killing. MOO not sold on it but mulling it over with the rest of my theory to see if it falls into place.

We certainly don't have most of the information about this case, but it's obvious these weren't pros nor was it cult activity. I still believe it's somehow connected to money, and total rage at what someone thought Mr. Dermond might do...real or perceived. Someone who lives nearby...and I, too, believe Sheriff Sills has an idea about who he's looking for, how many and why.

A seasoned cast iron skillet is INVALUABLE! A most treasured priceless item. No true southerner would use it for such a purpose ... Blasphemy!

Yeah, grandma wouldn't be having none of that!

Yeah, grandma wouldn't be having none of that!

Not a grandma yet, but neither would I! Those are precious, and worth their weight in gold!! Mess with my cast iron, and it's on!! :scared:

I honestly think the next time I see one I might have a heart attack. My son swears he can smell them when on the trials by the lake. He says they smell like musk cologne? I dunno.

For those of you outdoor nature lovers, my girlfriend has a friend who posted this video of a Doe giving birth to twins in his driveway June 1st. He just started recording.
It is birth so a little icky, but watching her try and figure out to handle 2 babies was fascinating to me.
If nothing else fast forward to 8:50 and watch her when baby B squeals... bout wet my pants laughing.
Nice to see life once in awhile.

White tail Doe giving birth to twin fawns.:
http://youtu.be/Rzd9tR86_Tw

Snakes do give off an odor. I would agree with your son. They smell like musk.

OMG! Holding my breath waiting for the second baby to move. Too funny when the baby squeals - very loud! Wasn't expecting it either and you warned us. Thanks for posting.

Snakes do give off an odor. I would agree with your son. They smell like musk.

OMG! Holding my breath waiting for the second baby to move. Too funny when the baby squeals - very loud! Wasn't expecting it either and you warned us. Thanks for posting.

I see some people say they smell like cucumbers!
Ack! I'm 100 yards from the lake. I used to have cats. Now I do not and they are everywhere! I moved an old raft out back and a HUGE King snake was under it. I was not surprised. Ick Ick Ick.
Now my friends on Facebook are posting pics of snakes to tease me.
Seriously I have snake phobia!

So rather than dwell on cold blooded slitherins. ...
I welcome happy mother nature videos. lol
I am still cracking up! It's just like the panda baby sneeze!
I apologize to anyone who feels like I shouldn't have posted the video, but every week or so, I need to have birth rather than death.
I am sure you heard about the grocery cart boy that drowned here. A week later we had a jumper. Off the dam. 54 years old... Then there are all these Looney tunes shooting people and killing themselves. What the hek is wrong with people?
So I look to nature. I was playing soldier reunites with dog videos and my dog started crying! My dog has more empathy than these disturbed people do.
We need to find these soul less people and reopen Alcatraz!

Eeeeeeeee! That mama jumped !
Panda sneeze!
Baby Panda Sneeze - YouTube

RIP Shirley and Russell! I am praying whomever harmed you is caught and locked up for LIFE.

Careful! He was taken long ago during the FCA case by other female :websleuther: :loveyou:
arpad-vass-2011-6-6-14-52-31.jpg

How many times has someone been walking their dog and the dog found a body?
Just a mutt. No training.
My dogs have gotten loose and come home smelling like they rolled in a carcass, or a skunk sprayed them.
P. U.
and there actually have been a couple of "bodies" Found behind my house on the shores of Lake Allatoona. I don't even want to know.
I moved here for the lake and the trails. Now I won't go into the woods period.
Nope. The creep factor is too high.
Homeless people sleep out there. They aren't evil and they don't bother anyone but walking up on a deceased person. No thanks.
Pretty sure my dog would find them.

<BBM For Focus> <All replies JMO>

THE.......million dollar question AND a VERY good one ! Something very good to think on, clearly if it was to APPEAR professional tho, someone who clearly wanted to CONFUSE THE INVESTIGATION

STILL..............WHO?

Who would be so crazed and yet NOT EVER WANT to be discovered?

Tomkat, we've actually ran across this in prior cases. The Jennifer Ramsaran (NY - 2012) and Jessica Ridgeway(2012-CO/abduction) murders comes to mind.

In the JR case the husband GR(narcissist) attempted to portray her disappearance as a stranger predator abduction/murder. The numb3rs simply didn't equate and WS members picked up on this ruse very early in the investigation. GR was eventually arrested and indicted for JR's murder.

10 year old Jessica Ridgeway's abduction/murder/dismemberment was much more complicated and indicated an abduction by an experienced child predator/serial killer. The perp in JR's case 17 year old psychopathic sadistic sexual predator Austin Reed Sigg, was very well studied and although JR was not his 1st victim. She was his 1st successful kill.. ARS was very intelligent, organized, and utilized deflection, calculation, manipulation, and creativity in JR's abduction. Sexual psychopath ARS began his trail of terror of deviant behavior at a very early age due to a hard *advertiser censored* addiction..

What would one do to try and make it look professional? I don't get it...do professional kill a certain way?

A professional would be extremely disciplined and follow predetermined rules of prey;

* would always work alone (exception serial killer duos - very rare)
* would not be acquainted or have any ties to the victim/s.
* would not take unnecessary risks - methodical - well planned/executed
* never have a motive or traceable pattern
* never possess a weapon after it has been used in a crime
* would be forensically, CSI, and investigative strategy; aware, and leave no residue in his wake
* would monitor LE's activity before, during, and after the crime.
* utilize jurisdiction linkage blindness
* would have a pre-established alibi and avoid cell phone activity/tracking

I don't really know either, HB ;) 'Just hoping someone might have an idea on this topic.

While we don't have all the facts in this case, we do have some knowledgeable people here.

What info do we have (if any) that suggests "professional"?

And, why would an amateur killer want the crime to look like it was the work of a pro?

**Please no more photos of copperheads... I'm TERRIFIED! :scared:

Fred&edna, imo due to the internet/CSI effect, etc. It is very difficult to discern between an amateur and a professional perp/s. The Holly Bobo(TN-2011)abduction/murder is an excellent example of a crime that had all the obvious indicators of a lone professional/experienced sexual predator; a stealth predator. There has been 3 arrests in her case; all members of a well known meth gang..

OKAY, another thought.........HOW DO YOU RULE out sterotypes in this case?

What would RULE OUT, mafia, cults and drug crazed indiividuals?

NO robbery? NO disturbances in or around the house? Okay so that would rule out drug crazed individuals?

what would rule out mafia or cult??

Can we presume its a

serial killer, thrill killer, Organized in some other fashion? Maybe I should call that "professional" IDK !!

Imo, SD would not have been taken 5 miles away to dispose of her body unless she had a specific purpose to the perp/s. The exposure would not have been justified due to the increased risk of being witnessed or getting caught during a routine license or safety equipment check by DNR . Not the action/s of a professional, imo.

"The sheriff has all but eliminated the idea that some sort of ritualistic cult was involved. &#8220;If that was the case, they&#8217;d want us to know,&#8221; he said."

Many sexual predators/serial killers escalate to ritual killings. Bundy, Hilton, Keyes, Ramirez, Rader; are just a few of the many ritual serial killers past. I don't know of a case where the ritual serial killer notified investigators of their evil deeds, with the exception of Rader; BTK. The cult that has not been ruled out imo, is the Newaubian Cult. If the NC is involved, the obvious motive would be retribution directed at Sheriff Sills, and the justice system, imo..
"The culprits are most likely seasoned criminals _ "You don't escalate from shoplifting to decapitation," Van Zandt said.
"This is way over the line on the sociopathic scale," he said.
Decapitations are extremely rare, Van Zandt said, and almost always personal. Taking Russell Dermond's head, which remains missing, "makes a tremendous statement," the longtime profiler said.
"This is the kind of thing you'd see from a Mexican drug cartel," he said."

gngr~snap, times, they are a changin.. Not sure if the statement by Van Zandt holds true today...

Tomkat, we've actually ran across this in prior cases. The Jennifer Ramsaran (NY - 2012) and Jessica Ridgeway(2012-CO/abduction) murders comes to mind.

In the JR case the husband GR(narcissist) attempted to portray her disappearance as a stranger predator abduction/murder. The numb3rs simply didn't equate and WS members picked up on this ruse very early in the investigation. GR was eventually arrested and indicted for JR murder.

10 year old Jessica Ridgeway's abduction/murder/dismemberment was much more complicated and indicated an abduction by an experienced child predator/serial killer. The perp in JR's case 17 year old psychopathic sadistic sexual predator Austin Reed Sigg, was very well studied and although JR was not his 1st victim. She was his 1st successful kill.. ARS was very intelligent, organized, and utilized deflection, calculation, manipulation, and creativity in JR's abduction. Sexual psychopath ARS began his trail of terror of deviant behavior at a very early age due to a hard *advertiser censored* addiction..

A professional would be extremely disciplined and follow predetermined rules of prey;

* would always work alone (exception serial killer duos - very rare)
* would not be acquainted or have any ties to the victim/s.
* would not take unnecessary risks - methodical - well planned/executed
* never have a motive or traceable pattern
* never possess a weapon after it has been used in a crime
* would be forensically, CSI, and investigative strategy; awareness and leave --no residue in his wake
* would monitor LE's activity before, during, and after the crime.
* utilize jurisdiction linkage blindness
* would have a pre-established alibi

Fred&edna, imo due to the internet/CSI effect, etc. It is very difficult to discern between an amateur and a professional perp/s. The Holly Bobo(TN-2011)abduction/murder is an excellent example of a crime that had all the obvious indicators of a lone professional/experienced sexual predator; a stealth predator. There has been 3 arrests in her case; all members of a well known meth gang..

Imo, SD would not have been taken 5 miles away to dispose of her body unless she had a specific purpose to the perp/s. The exposure would not have been justified due to the increased risk of being witnessed or getting caught. Not the action/s of a professional, imo.

Many sexual predators/serial killers escalate to ritual killings. Bundy, Hilton, Keyes, Ramirez, Rader; are just a few of the many ritual serial killers past. The cult that has not been ruled out imo, is the Newaubian Cult. If the NC is involved, the obvious motive would be retribution directed at the justice system, imo..
gngr~snap, times, they are a changin.. Not sure if the statement by Van Zandt holds true today...
Thank You. I agree. People can go from zero criminal activity to beheading a man in 24 hours IMO.
1 person could easily do it with the right tool. An ax, saw, sword, machete...
IMO this killer worked alone and is under 25.
Probably on drugs and was using the Dermonds to get loans and credit card cash advances etc. I imagine they could have amassed thousands before the credit companies alerted the Dermonds.

Not to bring up the whole boat lift debate again. After seeing how steep the yard is from the dock to the home I agree it is unlikely either Dermond was killed at the dock.
Today I saw they actually have 2 lifts.
One for a boat and one for personal watercraft.
Like jet skis etc.
That HAD to be for the younger Dermonds at some point.
They must have been super cool grandparents!
On your left. Next to the decking.
nuqy7etu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads