GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is talk in society that says people living in the city will not report a crime or disturbance-is that attitude of fear/selfishness more pronounced in exclusive environments?

Now how do they know this? Because someone witnessed them arguing inside the Dermond home on 05/03/2014, imo. It takes a minimum of two people to have an argument..

Sheriff: More than one person involved in Lake Oconee Murders..
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...onee-russell-dermond-shirley-dermond/9394325/

I had read this article before but didn't zero in to these words:

""We discovered some cameras that are pointing out towards the lake…one of them we've already gone through. It had a great picture of their dock, but not the area in question," Sills said."

What area is THE AREA IN QUESTION? Does he mean the pinestraw area, the steps, the sea wall? Maybe the killer didn't go up to the dock!

Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
This poster only made 2 posts, and I haven't seen it in MSM or by LE,
so it can be considered rumor.IMOO.
Also, in MSM it was said that Russell was killed on May 2nd.
This poster mentions, Saturday May 3rd.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Shirley Dermond (Abduction), 87, Putnam County, 2 - 4 May 2014

I am of the camp that believes mystery poster was correct. My wonder is that why didn't said neighbor check on them or call LE?

Starry Night, he prolly thought it was a domestic quarrel and didn't want to get involved, imo..

I am tempted to make a running ever evolving list of all the various seeming contradictory descriptors that Sills has at various points used to describe the perp(s)

But last time someone did I ended up with mean headache trying to make sense of it so tonight I will pass.

I don't the that LE has a clue who did this or why.

and that depresses me.

There is talk in society that says people living in the city will not report a crime or disturbance-is that attitude of fear/selfishness more pronounced in exclusive environments?

Starry Night, many landscapers in gated communities such as GW are private contractors. If they get complaints from the GW residents, their businesses will suffer.

I am tempted to make a running ever evolving list of all the various seeming contradictory descriptors that Sills has at various points used to describe the perp(s)

But last time someone did I ended up with mean headache trying to make sense of it so tonight I will pass.

I don't the that LE has a clue who did this or why.

and that depresses me.

I feel your pain, tlcya... Here we are over 5 weeks since the Dermonds were murdered without an arrest, or named suspect or POI. There has been several times over the past few weeks that I felt optimistic that this case was going to be solved. Now I don't have a clue either...

I say that most crimes are motivated by 3 things
(not necessarily in order):

desperate circumstances
greed
evil intent with no motive

just my opinion

I hope this case will be solved.
I feel for the family and friends.
Maybe Sheriff Sills will have more to say this week.
IMOO.

I believe Sheriff Sills is crossing his t's and dotting his i's.
The electronic footprint takes time to get and then the analysis begins. Gotta get that stuff out of the cloud.
Most folks do not ever turn off their phone's wifi. Forever searching for the next cell tower so says my husband who works in the cloud. Ping. Ping. Ping.

I am of the camp that believes mystery poster was correct. My wonder is that why didn't said neighbor check on them or call LE?[/QUOTE]

Starry Night, he prolly thought it was a domestic quarrel and didn't want to get involved, imo..

My first thought was that he had heard it before or that he recognized the folks argueing and left it alone.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...onee-russell-dermond-shirley-dermond/9394325/

This article has approx 25 Photos of the property. They can be found at the bottom of article Just keep clicking on the right side. I am not talking about the video at top.

As someone mentioned earlier, Sills made a comment that they had a great video shot of the Dermond's dock, but not 'the area in question' (great post Hickory Born!!!!).

If you take a look at the pictures from the link above, there are a couple things that stand out.

1) The crime scene van is parked and open right near the garage, even though there is enough driveway space it could be almost anywhere else in the front of the house.
2) If you are facing the house from the dock, the right of the property is heavily wooded, obscuring a view of almost anything.
3) I would suspect if one walked straight thru that wooded area, they would arrive right at the back of the Dermond's garage.

Now I'm curious about two things:

How shallow is the water in the area along the property line behind the garage?
(Our cabins are in the New England so I don't know much about Georgia lakes. But where we are, there are areas that have heavy underwater tree roots and rocks near the dock area, but other areas that property owners specifically clean out for swimming, hence, no obstruction for a shallow bottom smaller boat)

Is there a door at the very back of the garage? If so, is it facing into the backyard, or straight at the very back toward the lake?

As someone mentioned earlier, Sills made a comment that they had a great video shot of the Dermond's dock, but not 'the area in question' (great post Hickory Born!!!!).

If you take a look at the pictures from the link above, there are a couple things that stand out.

1) The crime scene van is parked and open right near the garage, even though there is enough driveway space it could be almost anywhere else in the front of the house.
2) If you are facing the house from the dock, the right of the property is heavily wooded, obscuring a view of almost anything.
3) I would suspect if one walked straight thru that wooded area, they would arrive right at the back of the Dermond's garage.

Now I'm curious about two things:

How shallow is the water in the area along the property line behind the garage?
(Our cabins are in the New England so I don't know much about Georgia lakes. But where we are, there are areas that have heavy underwater tree roots and rocks near the dock area, but other areas that property owners specifically clean out for swimming, hence, no obstruction for a shallow bottom smaller boat)

Is there a door at the very back of the garage? If so, is it facing into the backyard, or straight at the very back toward the lake?
hyhyjy7y.jpg

After the body was found, deputies in a boat dragged the 13-foot-deep water near the couple’s house.*"

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/3087453/decapitation-unlikely-cause-of.html

I wondered if he meant the dock was seen, but not under the awning or on the other side where the PWC lift is.
Cameras aimed at the water wouldn't film movement on the side of the house facing away from the water
(Then again maybe they could)
moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I had read this article before but didn't zero in to these words:

""We discovered some cameras that are pointing out towards the lake…one of them we've already gone through. It had a great picture of their dock, but not the area in question," Sills said."

What area is THE AREA IN QUESTION? Does he mean the pinestraw area, the steps, the sea wall? Maybe the killer didn't go up to the dock!

Good Morning Everyone!:seeya:

I have lots of work to do today outside so this post will be a drive by and I will be back later on.

But I had to comment on this one post before I go because it is so intriguing. Thanks Hickory.

Does it bother anyone but me that there were cameras pointed at the dock yet it did not capture the very area Sills is interested in? Hmmmm.

Two things jump out at me about that statement.

1. Sills knows which area the killer parked his boat. (He must have left some evidence behind.) Droplets of blood or blood smears maybe.

2. Does anyone think it is very odd that the killer just happened to park his boat out of the sight of the neighbor's camera view?

What are the odds of that happening if the killer didn't know anything at all about the properties back there? Hmmmm.

I have never believed in coincidences concerning murder cases.

Now I would love to know who this neighbor really is and how well they know the Dermonds and how many they have living in that home and ages. LOL!

Carry on Sleuths!:loveyou:

Enjoy your day!

Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
This poster only made 2 posts, and I haven't seen it in MSM or by LE,
so it can be considered rumor.IMOO.
Also, in MSM it was said that Russell was killed on May 2nd.
This poster mentions, Saturday May 3rd.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Shirley Dermond (Abduction), 87, Putnam County, 2 - 4 May 2014

I am of the camp that believes mystery poster was correct. My wonder is that why didn't said neighbor check on them or call LE?

Probably wasn't enought to speculate that it was a crime being committed, I wouldn't have called police unless I'd heard murderous screams

I feel your pain, tlcya... Here we are over 5 weeks since the Dermonds were murdered without an arrest, or named suspect or POI. There has been several times over the past few weeks that I felt optimistic that this case was going to be solved. Now I don't have a clue either...

haha! I hear ya! I think if we step back and quit reading and thinking on it so much and over analyzing everything, we can get a clearer picture, so much speculation on here it gets confusing

I decided last evening, there's NOTHING, the reward is just what Sills said, "hopes that someone will come forward, many a crime has been solved becuase someoen saw or knows something", that's not a direct quote of SIlls but very close

that's the bottom line

I still say 'SOMEONE WANTED THEM DEAD" and that dont' sound like hoodlums to me, sounds more like an amateur pro hit, maybe the reason it appears pro but yet not at other times, first murder, trying to cover their tracks

Ya'll have a good one, I'm gone for a week

haha! I hear ya! I think if we step back and quit reading and thinking on it so much and over analyzing everything, we can get a clearer picture, so much speculation on here it gets confusing

I decided last evening, there's NOTHING, the reward is just what Sills said, "hopes that someone will come forward, many a crime has been solved becuase someoen saw or knows something", that's not a direct quote of SIlls but very close

that's the bottom line

I still say 'SOMEONE WANTED THEM DEAD" and that dont' sound like hoodlums to me, sounds more like an amateur pro hit, maybe the reason it appears pro but yet not at other times, first murder, trying to cover their tracks

Ya'll have a good one, I'm gone for a week

Ya know how :websleuther: luck goes, you leave the threads, and the case breaks open! So :seeya: and thanks for the good luck....

Here are some of the pictures being referred to for your ease of viewing, and to capture them in the threads if we need them later.

1399492205004-Still0507-00004.jpg

1399492205002-Still0507-00002.jpg

1399492205006-Still0507-00006.jpg

1399492205001-Still0507-00001.jpg

1399492205003-Still0507-00003.jpg

1399492205005-Still0507-00005.jpg

Ok, hear that LE?? We have two sleuthers that are gone for the day.... so, now's the time to break this case wide open!!! Thanks!!

Whew! I had to take a break because it is hot as hades in south Georgia today even at 9:30 am.:tantrum:

I don't think he will even name a POI or a suspect before he makes an arrest.

I feel he knows he is dealing with someone who is going to be able to hire a very high profile Georgia attorney and we do have some excellent high profile criminal defense attorneys.

So I am going to keep the faith that he is going at this in a slow and methodical way to make sure all the "I"s are dotted and the "T"s crossed.

Plus whatever the court order was it may take some time to get the results back.

Ok, I am gone again! The heat didn't use to bother me, but I know now I can no longer run with the big boys like I use to........:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member