GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the RP property values will certainly suffer due to this crime, the most worrisome aspect (imo) is that in light of the sheriff's most recent information, (which seems to point to the fact the Dermonds were targeted primarily (if not simply) for financial gain and heinously murdered when the money wasn't available) current residents should definitely be frightened. I don't think the killers would strike another home anytime soon, but these perps were angry and vicious, and if I lived in a rather secluded area on the lake... I'd be locked down tight.

You can't "swing a cat" (which I would never do) without hitting an RE agent here. I'll do a little asking what feedback they are getting. WE (including myself) are much more absorbed by this than the everyday person. I don't believe this crime, however horrible, will have a long-term or even medium-term affect on RE values except in the D's immediate neighborhood. But I 'll do a little research, however unscientific.

While the RP property values will certainly suffer due to this crime, the most worrisome aspect (imo) is that in light of the sheriff's most recent information, (which seems to point to the fact the Dermonds were targeted primarily (if not simply) for financial gain and heinously murdered when the money wasn't available) current residents should definitely be frightened. I don't think the killers would strike another home anytime soon, but these perps were angry and vicious, and if I lived in a rather secluded area on the lake... I'd be locked down tight.

I promise to go back in my hole shortly. IMO if this was a robbery attempt, it would be for something unique, something out of the ordinary that this person believed the D's had, not necessarily money. Why didn't the doer(s) take anything of value from the house? Silver, jewelry, etc?

I promise to go back in my hole shortly. IMO if this was a robbery attempt, it would be for something unique, something out of the ordinary that this person believed the D's had, not necessarily money. Why didn't the doer(s) take anything of value from the house? Silver, jewelry, etc?

The opinions and theories I've shared aren't based on any scientific information... I may be just plain WRONG... and it wouldn't be the first time nor the last. With regard to why they didn't take anything of value, here's my post from last night:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Shirley Dermond, 87, Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2-4 May 2014 #7

And, please... I'd rather you don't go anywhere. It's vital to have a local sharing!

Person had knife skills.[/B] Like a hunter who had experience cutting up deer. Not exactly how he said it, but close.

We're getting closer folks. We're getting closer.

Thank you Carolinapeach! :seeya:
<BBM for Focus>

Well, Bootsctr, Sheriff Sills just described 80% of the population of Putnam and surrounding counties. This ain't New York City..LOL Most folks in the south can field dress a deer or other game at age six..
If after over six weeks, this is the best clue/conclusion/assumption/theory that investigators have. Then it is true.. Justice'.. is blind..

Good morning, ocean! :wave:

I agree with you that the killer is a younger male. Maybe even a copy-cat of Austin Sigg?

Aw now you are seeing the type I have been writing about all along. I hope that might have been included in the questionnaire Sills gave residents.

Now something else I would like to throw out. Since Sills thinks the killer might have entered the house for something can we guess things other than valuables.

Prescription drugs...camera pictures...guns...

Something attracted this person...what was it?

Because the motive was not robbery, lakeoconee..jmo
The numb3rs don't equate..

You can't "swing a cat" (which I would never do) without hitting an RE agent here. I'll do a little asking what feedback they are getting. WE (including myself) are much more absorbed by this than the everyday person. I don't believe this crime, however horrible, will have a long-term or even medium-term affect on RE values except in the D's immediate neighborhood. But I 'll do a little research, however unscientific.

lakeoconee, respectfully disagree. It is doubtful if the perp/s should strike again that it would be in GW. The once perceived false sense sense of security is no longer present. Folks are now aware and vigilant, imo. If the MO of the perp/s remains consistent, it may be in another lakeside community on Oconee, Sinclair, or another lake miles away..

Imo, due to the abduction of SD, method of body disposal, and the decapitation, head removal, and placement of RD's torso. The motive was not robbery, a home invasion gone bad, etc., but to send a very clear and specific message..

Either Sills knows what he's talking about, OR he is working on some type of ploy to ferret out the killer/s, OR he STILL has no clue.

Something similar to this was stated previously (sorry, i'm not sure which poster nor when) but... it's easier for people to believe the Dermonds were "personally" targeted, than it is to believe there's a vicious killer living in the area who could chose anyone as their victim.

I was just thinking. Would a killer leave a dead body in his own lake?

The saying goes 'one would not pee in their own pool'!

Does anyone know if the Dermonds had any guns in their home? Sorry if I have missed this in previous discussions. Just thinking about a motive. Some people collect guns and ammo, and if it is widely known, would make them a target for a home invasion. :twocents:

IMHO

I've seen references to "Meth" & "Meth Heads" multiple times throughout these discussions. Why ? I'm not referring to the drug itself, nor it's prevalence (I've worked the Narcotics Div. for years). I'm asking why SPECIFICALLY people are trying to link Meth to this case. Was this mentioned by LE or MSM ? I haven't read every word of all the literature related to this case. Did I miss something ? Why the association ? TIA.

There is a deer processing plant close by. Probably useless info.

No that is definitely not useless info Oddsocks. Thanks for posting! I didn't know that and it could most definitely be a clue. :seeya:

<BBM for Focus>

lakeoconee, it's the same where I live. Not sure that you will get an honest answer from someone whose lively hood is dependent upon RE values/sales. RE agents usually have a strict narrative that they stick too; "oh sales are booming"!

I was at the clubhouse last night and the Dermond murders were brought up at least three times by folks who have friends and relatives that live on Oconee/Sinclair, which is two hours away. They were all very concerned for their safety.. They have never heard of WS, and get their news from msm & social media, word of mouth, etc.

What keeps gnawing at me more than anything is how absent the Dermond's family appears to be on all of this. I understand that all families are not the same and they may be reluctant to receive media attention, but we've barely heard anything at all. Please correct me if I've missed something somewhere. I'm. It judging them at all, it just makes me wonder if there's more to this story when it concerns the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are very active in the investigation of their parents. Sills says he is in contact with at least one of them on a DAILY basis.

Some people are just very private people and don't go on media shows. I respect their decisions.

Sills has also said the Dermond children have been very cooperative and have quickly answered any questions that he may have.

So I don't think there is more to the story when it comes to their children. They talk with who matters most and that is Sheriff Sills.

IMO

I think they are very active in the investigation of their parents. Sills says he is in contact with at least one of them on a DAILY basis.

Some people are just very private people and don't go on media shows. I respect their decisions.

Sills has also said the Dermond children have been very cooperative and have quickly answered any questions that he may have.

So I don't think there is more to the story when it comes to their children. They talk with who matters most and that is Sheriff Sills.

IMO

I didn't know they were in active contact, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen references to "Meth" & "Meth Heads" multiple times throughout these discussions. Why ? I'm not referring to the drug itself, nor it's prevalence (I've worked the Narcotics Div. for years). I'm asking why SPECIFICALLY people are trying to link Meth to this case. Was this mentioned by LE or MSM ? I haven't read every word of all the literature related to this case. Did I miss something ? Why the association ? TIA.

Look at the weekly arrest reports in the local paper in Eatonton- the Eatonton Messenger. And in the Atlanta papers. Meth and heroin are big problems in big cities, the suburbs, and small towns. I know of many kids- public school, private school, million dollar homes, apartments - who have died in the past 3 years in our very nice area. It's the dirty little secret.
And using drugs rewires the brain. Addiction makes formerly smart, logical people do bad things. Often educated, smart people. They will lie, cheat, steal, rob and/ or murder to get what they need. Dealt with this in my extended family and it had a deadly ending in another state. A very dark time in our lives.

J Block, it was prolly me that brought it up back in thread #1. Meth creates psychopathic personalities, imo. Kamikaze pilots were given methamphetamine before their suicide missions. In WW II, Germans gave it to their soldiers, and Hitler reportedly got injections of methamphetamine every day.
http://www.narconon.org/drug-information/meth-short-overview.html

J Block, ever since the speed freak serial killers of the 1980s, meth has been directly or indirectly involved in virtually every sexual predator/serial killer that I have researched.. A common denominator..

J Block, why do you ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member