GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't doubt it! that has been brought up, time to rehash that !!

I am looking at FF's point of view with a fresh eye. There could very well be a connection here. Dermond to TM to Mr. York to SS to Dermond again. I believe this was discussed awhile ago but it bears looking at it again. Could TM be a member of York's cult? Or inducted while serving his sentence? Because of the Dermonds and SS, both men have been incarcerated for quite some time. Who would know best about the Dermonds frailties and where they live (this is all supposition of course ) than those who treat or serve them in some capacity. Such as; fill their prescriptions; work at a guardhouse; work on a golfcourse etc. Yes, imo this bears some more investigating.

Thanx for sharing, Carolinapeach.. I'm not so sure that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office knows that they have a facebook page..
Putnam County Sheriff Office website: http://www.putnamcountysheriff.org/index.php

RE: https://www.facebook.com/pcsheriffga

pcsheriffga? > 8 Counties in GA are pcsheriffga...How did you find it Carolinapeach? I've been searching for their facebook page for weeks now... Guess, it's no wonder it's not being utilized...

Putnam County Sheriff GA
Pickens Co Sheriff GA
Paulding County Sheriff GA
Pulaski County Sheriff GA
Pike County Sheriff GA
Polk County Sheriff GA
Pierce County Sheriff GA
Peach County Sheriff GA

FBI - Interactive Social Media: The Value for Law Enforcement
http://leb.fbi.gov/2013/september/interactive-social-media-the-value-for-law-enforcement

Just decided to try a search again...hoping someone had seen our suggestions. You're right. They may not even know it is there as we don't know who created it. No clue how we all missed it.

Another day, no news, just unreal. And like tomcat, I had a good laugh about the fb page for a minute. As for the question about people being more demented, I asked my husband one time what he thought and he said this has been going on forever, we are just 100 times more aware. But for myself, I think that drugs, videos, media, etc. has had a huge impact on violence. Guess I'll go to my SheCave and wait until tomorrow. I could not bear this if I was related to them.

Good evening everyone! Been visiting over at the Abigail Hernandez thread. Missing teen for 9 months and she just shows up at her house this weekend. Strange case from the beginning and has just gotten a little more stranger by the secrecy that is surrounding her mysterious return wearing the same clothes she disappeared in.... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9985&highlight=abigail+hernandez#post10779985

And I hear that Muzikman is back in websleuth town: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250947-Who-wants-to-hear-from-our-beloved-MUZIKMAN

Okay, back to the Dermonds and Reynolds Plantation murders... I know several of the locals have voiced concern that the case has been forgotten and people are letting their guards down and it's back to business as usual. People are confident that the case is being handled properly and the fear has abated. I read a letter to the Editor of the Messenger written by a lawyer from Atlanta. He has a house on Lake Oconee and he is very concerned about the Dermonds' murders. It seems he has a great number of friends here in the United States and in Canada who are actually revulsed so much by this horrific crime they refuse to return to Great Waters until the case has been solved and the person or persons who did this are behind bars. Even people in Atlanta with small children are refusing to come back to their lake homes until there is resolution. I can't say I blame them. He says most people and even the owners of Reynolds Plantation refuse to acknowledge the fear the murders of the Dermonds and the beheading of Mr. Dermond from people on the outside looking in. He was one of the first to donate to Howard Sills' reward fund. He believes if enough reward money is made available then someone will come forward and the crime will be solved. He's very concerned about returning Great Waters/Reynolds Plantation to a safe place for families and to protect members economic prosperity, including property values. I totally agree with him, even if he is a lawyer. Sure people are probably dusting their guns off and locking their doors at night, but we were assured by the Dermond family that they were faithful in locking their doors at night and look what happened. . .I'm sure Mr. Dermond had a gun and I'm sure they did lock their doors, but they did open their doors to someone who killed them. I just don't have a good feeling that we are about to go into August without resolution to this case. :notgood: :panic: :hills:

I just had a thought - what if the Powers-that-Be are tracking out-of-town subscriptions to The Eatonton Messenger because there is a possibility that the killer(s) are from out of town and they want to follow the case through the internet.... :doorhide: I would love to meet :cowboy: Sheriff Sills, but not under certain conditions :copcar:

Well folks, as tomkat says - no news it not necessarily good news. <modsnip>

Thanks Boots for the inside view. I believe in SS and am so hopeful that he is getting somewhere with whatever clues he may have. I, too, think the D's had their security system and most likely a gun, but if this happened sometime in the afternoon or just before dark, they may have been caught off guard. I have a problem with the cameras not working, their having plans on Sat - possibly knew these things. I also still think it goes to a money motive. I was set on it being some fluke, like a druggie who went looking for something (money/safe) and things went way out of control. Then I go back to why take her?? We need some information, anything from SS would be appreciated. Let us know which way it's going so we can brainstorm some more. I think that's what we're doing. I'm listening to Miranda Lambert, but still checking in with a sad heart.

Good evening everyone! Been visiting over at the Abigail Hernandez thread. Missing teen for 9 months and she just shows up at her house this weekend. Strange case from the beginning and has just gotten a little more stranger by the secrecy that is surrounding her mysterious return wearing the same clothes she disappeared in.... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9985&highlight=abigail+hernandez#post10779985

And I hear that Muzikman is back in websleuth town: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250947-Who-wants-to-hear-from-our-beloved-MUZIKMAN snip

:hills:

Thanks for the notice on mm!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

O/T: guys, what's the story on MM? Something to do with CA case? I thought I had that one behind me. Will do some research tomorrow. Thanks for all updates I read today.

I just had a thought - what if the Powers-that-Be are tracking out-of-town subscriptions to The Eatonton Messenger because there is a possibility that the killer(s) are from out of town and they want to follow the case through the internet.... :doorhide: I would love to meet :cowboy: Sheriff Sills, but not under certain conditions :copcar:

No, Boots, not you! I will vouch for you...

And I hear that Muzikman is back in websleuth town: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250947-Who-wants-to-hear-from-our-beloved-MUZIKMAN

Okay, back to the Dermonds and Reynolds Plantation murders... I know several of the locals have voiced concern that the case has been forgotten and people are letting their guards down and it's back to business as usual. People are confident that the case is being handled properly and the fear has abated. I read a letter to the Editor of the Messenger written by a lawyer from Atlanta. He has a house on Lake Oconee and he is very concerned about the Dermonds' murders. It seems he has a great number of friends here in the United States and in Canada who are actually revulsed so much by this horrific crime they refuse to return to Great Waters until the case has been solved and the person or persons who did this are behind bars. Even people in Atlanta with small children are refusing to come back to their lake homes until there is resolution. I can't say I blame them. He says most people and even the owners of Reynolds Plantation refuse to acknowledge the fear the murders of the Dermonds and the beheading of Mr. Dermond from people on the outside looking in. He was one of the first to donate to Howard Sills' reward fund. He believes if enough reward money is made available then someone will come forward and the crime will be solved. He's very concerned about returning Great Waters/Reynolds Plantation to a safe place for families and to protect members economic prosperity, including property values. I totally agree with him, even if he is a lawyer. Sure people are probably dusting their guns off and locking their doors at night, but we were assured by the Dermond family that they were faithful in locking their doors at night and look what happened. . .I'm sure Mr. Dermond had a gun and I'm sure they did lock their doors, but they did open their doors to someone who killed them. I just don't have a good feeling that we are about to go into August without resolution to this case. :notgood: :panic: :hills:

:goodpost:

BTW who is Muzikman???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members