GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all here. Really just posting to let you folks know I have not forgotten this thread -- just have been inundated with extra chores/responsibilities here lately and very busy, and very TIRED and muddle-headed by the time I actually have time to sit down and maybe post.

I DO read this thread (and check a few others) every day, though -- glad to see that you all are keeping it active.

Hope I will have time/energy to post something of more substance (well, as much as I ever do!) soon. Meanwhile ...carry on! Hoping there will be some news soon.

MOD NOTE:

C&P of for-fee, pay-per-view media articles is not allowed.

Thrown off what bridge? Was it near where Shirley was found? Could Shirley have been thrown from the bridge?!

No, they were searching for the gun on the GA Hwy 278 bridge which is miles and miles upstream from the Dermonds or the spot where Shirley was found.

<BBM for Focus>

Macon is much closer than you think, happyshoes. Macon is where the MPD & MFD NC members quit the day Dwight Malachi York was indicted. York/NC had book stores in Macon & Athens, and owned a mansion in Athens. They were hired by the Athens Correction Dept. Athens, GA is about the same distance away(50 miles aprox). Seems the NC/York gave the Athens Corrections Dept Commander a $2,000.00 campaign donation. (scroll down @ NC link below)

Yes, Macon is about an hour away, and so is Atlanta by I20. Interesting to me that all along, the TV coverage has been more angled to Atl. than middle Ga. Could it be that SS is talking via TV to someone in Atl who may have knowledge of the murders?

But it's a small town mentality and probably in need of the funds, JMO, of course, but until they start reporting the Ss interviews in regards to Dermonds murders to the public for free, I'm not "buying" it, no pun intended

Or until Putnam Co LE gets a fb and keeps us informed; they dont' need the EM or anything else to inform the public

I just find it frustrating to have to subscribe to EM when the only damn thing I need to know is what is the lates in the R and SD investigation, somethings wrong with that, many others aren't paid sites

Thanks for your input and WELCOME!!

Many other sites also have ads you have to sit through. The EM has no obligation to provide their product for free. Athens newspaper just went to paid internet access about two weeks after EM. But, rest easy, there has been NO news about the murder. I don't think Sills has anything to report.

<BBM for Focus>

Macon is much closer than you think, happyshoes. Macon is where the MPD & MFD NC members quit the day Dwight Malachi York was indicted. York/NC had book stores in Macon & Athens, and owned a mansion in Athens. They were hired by the Athens Correction Dept. Athens, GA is about the same distance away(50 miles aprox). Seems the NC/York gave the Athens Corrections Dept Commander a $2,000.00 campaign donation. (scroll down @ NC link below)

Yes, Macon is about an hour away, and so is Atlanta by I20. Interesting to me that all along, the TV coverage has been more angled to Atl. than middle Ga. Could it be that SS is talking via TV to someone in Atl who may have knowledge of the murders?

If I were, SS, I would be..

I remember that
Random crime data
The last murder reported in Putnam County was June 10, 2011.
David Brett, 64, was convicted Feb. 23, 2012, of felony murder in the shooting death of Jose Garcia-Castro; Brett blamed the man for the death of a dog left in Garcia-Castro’s care.
Brett was sentenced to life plus five years for the murder and various weapons charges. His conviction was upheld on appeal.
http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=31

Me too, we all thought that or still wonder atleast. You know though that makes perfect sense wshy SS hasn't spoken out lately, went to ATL to investigate, he said they were targets by someone THEY knew (or TM knew,) so the public isn't in danger and so why stir the pot

I still think a FB page for the PC LE is in order !!

Fresh eyes and fresh ideas are always a good thing. Actually, the TM angle was my husband's first and only response. And maybe it's best SS keeps quiet. Why should he say anything if the residents of RP and/or Putnam County have moved on?

I understand that. I'm not expecting or requesting that the EM post their whole site for free

I'm suggesting that such a heinous crime should not have to be part of the paid site to read and inform the putnam county public

FB could do that for free for the PC LE

Many people use it for advertisements and many other LE use them to update the public etc

BUT like you said, THERE IS NOTHING. Nothings BEEN REPORTED YET !

[oconee;10777441]Many other sites also have ads you have to sit through. The EM has no obligation to provide their product for free. Athens newspaper just went to paid internet access about two weeks after EM. But, rest easy, there has been NO news about the murder. I don't think Sills has anything to report.[/QUOTE]

Note this Photo/w/caption from April 30/2014 on the Eatonton Messenger facebook had a comment stating; 'The day isn't over yet'. The comment has now been deleted..
<BBM>
https://www.facebook.com/EatontonMe...0.1406036869./687643891283154/?type=3&theater

Eatonton Messenger
Liked · April 30 at 10:00am · Edited ·

This giant oak tree, one of two on the Putnam County Courthouse lawn, fell in a violent wind storm Wednesday morning, April 30, blocking traffic on West Marion Street and state Route 44 for more than three hours. No injuries were reported, but at least two cars were damaged, including the white Chevy, parked at the curb, that was crushed. The second tree on the lawn was taken down Friday and Saturday, May 2-3. — in Eatonton, GA.

Note this Photo/w/caption from April 30/2014 on the Eatonton Messenger facebook had a comment stating; 'The day isn't over yet'. The comment has now been deleted..
<BBM>
https://www.facebook.com/EatontonMe...0.1406036869./687643891283154/?type=3&theater

Eatonton Messenger
Liked · April 30 at 10:00am · Edited ·

This giant oak tree, one of two on the Putnam County Courthouse lawn, fell in a violent wind storm Wednesday morning, April 30, blocking traffic on West Marion Street and state Route 44 for more than three hours. No injuries were reported, but at least two cars were damaged, including the white Chevy, parked at the curb, that was crushed. The second tree on the lawn was taken down Friday and Saturday, May 2-3. — in Eatonton, GA.

I don't remember this comment being on the EM facebook page. Nuwaubian blogspot is where I read it. Was it posted on both?

I see said the blindman. FF-have you sent your suspicions to SS. I seem to recall you did something. I'm thinking you need to camp out on Ss doorstep. (If in the near area) So, maybe this is a little "trophy posturing" beforehand, afterall.

I don't remember this comment being on the EM facebook page. Nuwaubian blogspot is where I read it. Was it posted on both?

You're absolutely correct, Carolinapeach. Thanx for keeping me straight...>

06-13-2014, 12:04 PM #1113 Foxfire

How can this writing on the wall be dismissed when the horrific abduction/murders/decapitation of the Dermonds occurred two days later?

http://nuwaubian.blogspot.com/2014/04/weather-update.html

Weather Update 04/30/2014 (Storm Damage to Putnam County, GA Courthouse -Photo of fallen large oak tree)

Well...It is not the end of the day yet...

I see said the blindman. FF-have you sent your suspicions to SS. I seem to recall you did something. I'm thinking you need to camp out on Ss doorstep. (If in the near area) So, maybe this is a little "trophy posturing" beforehand, afterall.

What else could it mean, Razz? Yes, it is likely someone's narcissism leaking out, imo. My suspicion is that SS is likely reading here, Razz..

And if he is, that would explain why he is keeping his mouth shut.

SS---please give us more information. We have many good sleuths here, and we would like to help.

But it's a small town mentality and probably in need of the funds, JMO, of course, but until they start reporting the Ss interviews in regards to Dermonds murders to the public for free, I'm not "buying" it, no pun intended

Or until Putnam Co LE gets a fb and keeps us informed; they dont' need the EM or anything else to inform the public

I just find it frustrating to have to subscribe to EM when the only damn thing I need to know is what is the lates in the R and SD investigation, somethings wrong with that, many others aren't paid sites

Thanks for your input and WELCOME!!

https://www.facebook.com/pcsheriffga

Well, I guess they do have one. Not making use of it though, are they?

I am looking at FF's point of view with a fresh eye. There could very well be a connection here. Dermond to TM to Mr. York to SS to Dermond again. I believe this was discussed awhile ago but it bears looking at it again. Could TM be a member of York's cult? Or inducted while serving his sentence? Because of the Dermonds and SS, both men have been incarcerated for quite some time. Who would know best about the Dermonds frailties and where they live (this is all supposition of course ) than those who treat or serve them in some capacity. Such as; fill their prescriptions; work at a guardhouse; work on a golfcourse etc. Yes, imo this bears some more investigating.

https://www.facebook.com/pcsheriffga

Well, I guess they do have one. Not making use of it though, are they?

Thanx for sharing, Carolinapeach.. I'm not so sure that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office knows that they have a facebook page..
Putnam County Sheriff Office website: http://www.putnamcountysheriff.org/index.php

RE: https://www.facebook.com/pcsheriffga

pcsheriffga? > 8 Counties in GA are pcsheriffga...How did you find it Carolinapeach? I've been searching for their facebook page for weeks now... Guess, it's no wonder it's not being utilized...

Putnam County Sheriff GA
Pickens Co Sheriff GA
Paulding County Sheriff GA
Pulaski County Sheriff GA
Pike County Sheriff GA
Polk County Sheriff GA
Pierce County Sheriff GA
Peach County Sheriff GA

FBI - Interactive Social Media: The Value for Law Enforcement
http://leb.fbi.gov/2013/september/interactive-social-media-the-value-for-law-enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95