GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, a community doesn't go from "Horrified and Shocked," to moving right along, until the perp/s responsible for this horrific crime are brought to justice..

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/05/07/putnam-murder-reaction/8833365/

"Horrified and shocked....These things don't happen in Greene County and they certainly don't happen at Reynolds Plantation"....

putnam homcide-abduction

People who live in the neighborhood near Russell and Shirley Dermond say they're in disbelief over the horror that took place at a nearby home.

They say the murder-kidnapping is a crime they just don't understand and has shaken their sense of security in an otherwise quiet neighborhood.

"We felt like we as a community needed to gather together to shine the light in the midst of this very dark moment in our community. So we wanted to bring together folks from this area that knew the Dermonds, and those who didn't know the Dermonds either. I mean, people who just have been concerned about the whole situation. To have a word of hope, and a word of peace, and a word of comfort, so that we can continue moving forward. We realize we're not at the end of this, but we felt like we needed to do something in the middle of it just to give a positive word, and to give a word of hope and light."

Musings on post #943

What if someone was mad at the Dermond's because they DIDN"T attend their son Mark's killers' trial?
An old girlfriend, wife, ex wife, friend...

Imo, a community doesn't go from "Horrified and Shocked," to moving right along, until the perp/s responsible for this horrific crime are brought to justice..

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/05/07/putnam-murder-reaction/8833365/

"Horrified and shocked....These things don't happen in Greene County and they certainly don't happen at Reynolds Plantation"....

putnam homcide-abduction

People who live in the neighborhood near Russell and Shirley Dermond say they're in disbelief over the horror that took place at a nearby home.

They say the murder-kidnapping is a crime they just don't understand and has shaken their sense of security in an otherwise quiet neighborhood.

"We felt like we as a community needed to gather together to shine the light in the midst of this very dark moment in our community. So we wanted to bring together folks from this area that knew the Dermonds, and those who didn't know the Dermonds either. I mean, people who just have been concerned about the whole situation. To have a word of hope, and a word of peace, and a word of comfort, so that we can continue moving forward. We realize we're not at the end of this, but we felt like we needed to do something in the middle of it just to give a positive word, and to give a word of hope and light."

It is hard for me to believe people have just moved on but it sure is the feeling I get when out and about. :dunno: :moo:

SS also later ALMOST recanted that statement in one of his latest interviews on MSM or in the EM, something to the effect haven't found anything "AT THIS TIME" in regards to the D's and anything untowards

Anyone have that link again?

Welcome to the thread Neesaki..
We have discussed TM, prolly in thread #1. Sheriff Sills downplayed the TM retribution connection early on in the investigation.. But, at this point, who knows, huh?
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/c...n-mystery-security-camera-wasnt-son-tells-ajc

Decapitation mystery: Security camera wasn't on, son tells AJC
<snipped & BBM - read more>

The Dermonds’ children aren’t immune to those fears.
“We’ve got a little bit of concern,” Keith Dermond said. “We’ve gotten a few weird phone calls.”
None of them have provided any information about who killed their father and took his mother.
The family’s only previous brush with violence came in 2000, when the couple’s oldest son, Mark Dermond, was killed while trying to buy crack cocaine in Atlanta. Neither Keith Dermond or investigators believe there’s any connection.
“It was so long ago. My parents didn’t even attend the trial” of Mark Dermond’s killer, his brother said. “It doesn’t make any sense.”
Nothing does.

Dermond also revealed that cameras manning the gates at Reynolds Plantation were not functioning at the time.
Sills debunked several rumors that have surfaced in social media – including a note that there is no evidence of mob ties or ties to a witness protection program. He said that there was no connection with the drug-related murder of the Dermond's son in Atlanta 14 years ago.

The GA DCOR link; http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/Research/Monthly/Roster_foreign_inmates_2014_06.pdf , is a very interesting read. Over 2100 GA prison inmates are claiming foreign birth or citizenship. Most are for large quantity drug dealing, gang affiliation, rape, kidnapping, child molestation, murder, etc.. "Yikes"!

Curie-us stated up thread that the subscription requirement was in the works prior to the murders. I really don't think the media is trying to hide anything. MSM is fickle; they go to the next big story. If there's nothing new to report it seems like the murders have been forgotten about; I believe it's perception and not actually the case.

On Long Island we have a murder/dismemberment, where the poor woman's arms and head were found in another county, in people's yards. You'd think it would be on the front page every day, but it's not.

Tomkat - re funny how they started charging after the murders, must be getting alot of traffic and someone saw $$$$$

More likely the local paper charging for access is something in the works for some time -- my guess is that their web hits were highest in the days and first couple weeks after Russell's body was discovered -- they did daily updates then, sometimes multiple updates in a day. If the murders were driving the decision to charge, wouldn't they have done it immediately? The subscription requirement was announced in May, to be implemented in June according to this, which would have been written before the murders were known about ... http://www.msgr.com/opinion/columni...cle_9227b284-d612-11e3-a917-001a4bcf887a.html

IMO, MOO, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WELL, I'm guessing that if you dont' know someone on the streets or even if you see many acquaintenances, they aren't going to say "hey, what about that dermond murder, we're freaking out" or whatever, it also doesnt mean they arent' thinking about it daily,

what's there to say? Some think about it and investigate in their spare time, like the hits FF says we're getting here.

I suspect all of my transient neighbors and I'm not right up under RP !!!

Imagine how THOSE RESIDENTS must FEEL

This aint no big town, any transient residents at RP or GW will be suspected by neighbors, if any permanent residents dont't know them well, probably

putnam homcide-abduction

But it's a small town mentality and probably in need of the funds, JMO, of course, but until they start reporting the Ss interviews in regards to Dermonds murders to the public for free, I'm not "buying" it, no pun intended

Or until Putnam Co LE gets a fb and keeps us informed; they dont' need the EM or anything else to inform the public

I just find it frustrating to have to subscribe to EM when the only damn thing I need to know is what is the lates in the R and SD investigation, somethings wrong with that, many others aren't paid sites

Thanks for your input and WELCOME!!

Curie-us stated up thread that the subscription requirement was in the works prior to the murders. I really don't think the media is trying to hide anything. MSM is fickle; they go to the next big story. If there's nothing new to report it seems like the murders have been forgotten about; I believe it's perception and not actually the case.

On Long Island we have a murder/dismemberment, where the poor woman's arms and head were found in another county, in people's yards. You'd think it would be on the front page every day, but it's not.

IMO, MOO, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just going back over some newpaper clippings and found this (which you probably all remember):

Sills says his department has done a thorough investigation into the Dermonds' background. He doesn't believe any of their immediate family committed the crime, but does think it would have to be someone they knew. Sills says the case is unlike other murders because of the unique circumstances.

"Most of the time, the victim, or at least somebody associated with the victim has some ties to some criminal activity. At this point in time in our investigation we have not found that," he says.

I may be reading too much into this, but saying it was someone THEY knew..."they" being immediate family, not necessarily Russell & Shirley. I don't think it goes back to the murder trial of their son, or goes as far back as the cult, either. Somebody knows something and I hope SS finds the thread he's looking for. It's been almost a month of no news. If they had been my parents, you couldn't keep me quiet.

Thanks Boots, LO and DIIK- I don't know what the Nubians (sp) look like. But with a name like that, I figured they must have 3 eyes and are 8 feet tall.
LO, where do you think Mrs. D was taken from if not at her dock? Please be specific. And Boots, why and where do you think Mr. D's head will be found if not at the.bottom of the lake? Thanks!

Hi Razz! :seeya: I think the perp (s) who took the head still have it. In their sick and twisted mind (s), it is the ultimate trophy. I also think they took it to keep everyone at LO on their toes. How many calls will SS receive regarding bags on LO that look like they could have a head inside? One was reported, but how many will go unreported? I suspect many. A way to torture the family too. Hard to imagine having to bury your loved one without their head.

Yes, I remember that statement and SS also had the 2nd search warrant issued to search the house again, right?

Here's some more evil:

"Teen strangled, man decapitated in online sex case"

"The police chief in Wyoming, a Grand Rapids suburb, said that 18-year-old Brooke Slocum was held captive before her death. Her body was found Thursday in the trunk of the suspect's car. She was eight months pregnant.

Chief James Carmody says her boyfriend, Charles Oppenneer, 25, was found decapitated in a park a day earlier. His head hasn't been found.

It's likely that Oppenneer died of some kind of head trauma, but that couldn't be determined without his head being found, police said." http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/teen-strangled-man-decapitated-in-online-sex-case

The only thing that could get Sills to speak is if his "constituents" rattle his cage about lack of info. I'd like to think of it were my neighborhood or county, I'd be camping out on his doorstep. And Boots, what good is a trophy if you can't share it? And FF, what does the NC get out of this? They can't or aren't sharing either. Is it enough to do this and then keep quiet about it? I'd want Sills to know that I (the NC) had a part in making him unable to solve this. If I had been hired to do this, and it is my job, I'm getting rid of all the evidence, collect my pay and be on my way.

I meant to say, "if however, I'd been hired to do this to send a message.....

The only thing that could get Sills to speak is if his "constituents" rattle his cage about lack of info. I'd like to think of it were my neighborhood or county, I'd be camping out on his doorstep. And Boots, what good is a trophy if you can't share it? And FF, what does the NC get out of this? They can't or aren't sharing either. Is it enough to do this and then keep quiet about it? I'd want Sills to know that I (the NC) had a part in making him unable to solve this. If I had been hired to do this, and it is my job, I'm getting rid of all the evidence, collect my pay and be on my way.

You make a good point Razz, but you could share it with all the other cult members. Who knows what religious practices they are dabbling in now? Santaria, voodoo - those are religions that require a human skull. After reading the above article regarding the other man who is also missing his head, maybe SS was onto something with the prostitutes?

I meant to say, "if however, I'd been hired to do this to send a message.....

Then wouldn't you want to place it in SS's bed so he could be sure and find it? It could be in LO. From tomkat's description maybe it is trapped where Mrs. Dermond was found. This is like one of those shell games - except it's where's the head? I kept thinking Search and Rescue would find Mr. Dermond's head when they were searching for the .22 used in a murder case thrown from the bridge into LO.

Here's some more evil:

"Teen strangled, man decapitated in online sex case"

"The police chief in Wyoming, a Grand Rapids suburb, said that 18-year-old Brooke Slocum was held captive before her death. Her body was found Thursday in the trunk of the suspect's car. She was eight months pregnant.

Chief James Carmody says her boyfriend, Charles Oppenneer, 25, was found decapitated in a park a day earlier. His head hasn't been found.

It's likely that Oppenneer died of some kind of head trauma, but that couldn't be determined without his head being found, police said." http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/teen-strangled-man-decapitated-in-online-sex-case

What the hell is wrong with people these days??? Good grief, are people that out of control or have they always been this demented and we just see more of it because of the availability of news? :notgood:

I really think people are getting more demented....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj