GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new,back to square one, but where else to go if there are no leads?............ cold case

Can't figure why they were found separated, some things make sense when pondering why, other possible scenarios don't seem to make sense in regards to them being separated.

Saw this, thought of the D's................http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/27/doctor-kelly-thrasher-child-molester/18012219/

because it was in Sandy Springs where they used to live, just made me think of them, then I thought that maybe they knew someone (who was close to them) whom they knew or recently had found out something vile about them

Then you have to wonder why the beheading and why the separation of the bodies...................

if you consider holding her, as a ransom of sorts, to gain something from him, whether information or money, well, seems plausible they would have held her away from their home in threatening Mr D, then again, it doesn't make sense at all, why not hold her there, threaten him at the same time? Seems it might work better, if he took her off, would it make someone more or less compliant?

we don't know if it worked except that no cash withdrawals were made...............and of course they'd just kill them both anyway, Whatever happened, neither could live, both were witnesses

back to the article I posted, made me think maybe the D's knew something vile on someone

How do you investigate something like that if you don't know what the D's knew, esp bad that
so many days passed before the D's discover

Then lastly, what makes most sense to me is......it was a hit, separation to confuse the investigation, considering nothing has yet to be found missing..... that we know of

Be safe this Halloween, goblins will be out and about, literally

Hope all are well

It's strange that Shirley was taken. Maybe the killer wanted LE to think that Shirley killed Russell and fled, but at her age it's a stretch. Then there is why? Why kill these people in the first place? Who was to gain? I sure hope they find out who did this.

Have they determined who was killed first?

I don't think they will be able to without Mr. D's head - my best guess is that it happened back to back. I think they were definitely going after Mr. D and Mrs. D had to go because she was a witness. I cannot figure out why they (or he) took her to the lake, though.

Putnam Co. Sheriff Preparing 4 Court Orders In Murder Of Elderly Couple
http://www.wgxa.tv/news/topstories/...rs-In-Murder-Of-Elderly-Couple-280856222.html

Thanks for the link, Carolinapeach! Short and sweet and not too informative...but at least it's SOMETHING! And could turn out to be a big jump in this case.... We shall see, I guess!

From your link:

...Sheriff Sills said he could not give details of the court orders.

Deputies have not made any arrests...

http://www.wgxa.tv/news/topstories/...rs-In-Murder-Of-Elderly-Couple-280856222.html

Hopefully the search through the phone records and/or finances have proved to be fruitful....am praying for justice in this case!

I don't know the law but it does take some kind of evidence to get a court order, right? I am surprised at the number of them - what could it be for? Does it take a court order to get other people's phone records? I hope it's something meaningful and not just another long search through records.

no we don't, just speculation that she may have been taken
to force compliance from her husband,

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...ing-new-evidence-in-dermonds-murder/18153065/
<BBM & sniped for focus>

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills says he's still looking for clues in the six-month old murder of an elderly couple.

Sills said Wednesday night that his office is preparing four court orders seeking new evidence.
But he said they don't represent new leads in the case. He says he's still searching for leads.

"I don't want people to think we're not doing anything, because we are," he said. "But these are requests for information that might possibly give us new leads, as opposed to specific tips."

Sills admits the tips and leads have dried up in the deaths.

"Silence is the Predators most Lethal Weapon"..

Well, who couldn't foresee the tips and leads drying up in the Dermond abduction/decapitation/murders after six months? When you subscribe to the antiquated close to the vest investigative silence strategy of the 1970s and refuse to utilize all investigative resources<GBI>.. This is the expected and usual outcome, imo...

Imo, Sheriff Sills is letting his ego stand in the way of Justice for Shirley and Russel Dermond. Tragic....

Surely these requested phone records must be for someone uncovered in his ongoing investigation.
I can't imagine waiting until August and now the end of October to refile a court order request for phone records on a family member in a case that happened the first week of May.

Guess, the wheels of Justice turn slowly, watcher9.. Especially when the wheels are made of stone...

This is the best news we've heard in a long time. Hopefully it will lead somewhere good.

Hey again Boots - I think he could have recruited a few of us to follow up on some of those details. I think it was southernmimi who said she'd like a crack at those records. Lost and never filed?! Heads should roll. I hope I'm wrong and he is just trying to keep his info "close to the vest" (and I'm tired of that line, too).

Hi Happy! I don't understand in this day and age of technology how in the world the request for phone records got lost and it took 3 months to realize they were lost.

I vote we let southernmimi take a crack at the records. Let's hope the other 2 court orders are for something fresh and new and will bring an end to not knowing who took Mr. and Mrs. Dermonds' lives. This is just awful!

What's going on at the Dermonds' house? Is the family going to sell it? :sigh:

Really, I agree. I do think that's lame, unless like I said, he is just not saying anything on purpose. Just knowing there are 4 gives me a little hope, tho. I don't know about the RE end of things. Locals ?? Anybody hire a lawyer that we know of? There was nothing in the Eatonton Messenger today. It is so disheartening, I would love to be surprised by this little turn of events, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member