GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No nothing in the Eatonton Messenger. I read that the reward was over $55,000. Trying to find that on the Messenger.

I think Sheriff Sills may have a suspect/suspects, but needs evidence, and can't say anything yet. I hope so anyway.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...ing-new-evidence-in-dermonds-murder/18153065/

"But he said they don't represent new leads in the case. He says he's still searching for leads.

"I don't want people to think we're not doing anything, because we are," he said. "But these are requests for information that might possibly give us new leads, as opposed to specific tips."

Hi Happy! I don't understand in this day and age of technology how in the world the request for phone records got lost and it took 3 months to realize they were lost.

I vote we let southernmimi take a crack at the records. Let's hope the other 2 court orders are for something fresh and new and will bring an end to not knowing who took Mr. and Mrs. Dermonds' lives. This is just awful!

What's going on at the Dermonds' house? Is the family going to sell it? :sigh:

SS is a professional, and I don't believe the request for phone records was lost. I don't think he needs to look very far. :twocents:

IMHO

Hi, Boots and Happy!!!

Oh how I hope this is solved soon! I want to see who this monster or monsters are, and pray they are found and locked away forever!!!

Really, I agree. I do think that's lame, unless like I said, he is just not saying anything on purpose. Just knowing there are 4 gives me a little hope, tho. I don't know about the RE end of things. Locals ?? Anybody hire a lawyer that we know of? There was nothing in the Eatonton Messenger today. It is so disheartening, I would love to be surprised by this little turn of events, too.
bbm

IIRC, the house was held in trust name.
Has anybody checked lately zillow, realtor, trulia.com etc to see if home is listed for sale? Or maybe local sites?
I can't recall address to check.

Thx in adv.

....I think it was southernmimi who said she'd like a crack at those records. Lost and never filed?! ....
sbm

....I vote we let southernmimi take a crack at the records. ....What's going on at the Dermonds' house? Is the family going to sell it? :sigh:
sbm

Okay, southernmimi, let's hit it. I'm ready to delve into Mr&MrsD's financial records.
Once we put our noses into those files, we can figure out something.

sbm

sbm

Okay, southernmimi, let's hit it. I'm ready to delve into Mr&MrsD's financial records.
Once we put our noses into those files, we can figure out something.

Don't know if it was me who wanted to look at the financial records, but I agree that's where the motive is. Numbers don't lie. We know this murder wasn't about a love or sex so what's left?

Don't know if it was me who wanted to look at the financial records, but I agree that's where the motive is. Numbers don't lie. We know this murder wasn't about a love or sex so what's left?

Hi, southernmimi!

Can I assist you in looking into the financial records??? Wills and trusts would be really interesting, as well.:websleuther: :twocents:

IMHO

If they were both home, they both were witnesses to the crime, for whatever reason it occurred, can't understand except to confuse the investigation, why she was taken off, it sure probably delayed things or well, confused things, thinking she was kidnapped at first, if the authorities even truly believed that, but in the criminal's mind, the reason she had to die, no witnesses, I just don't know why else, there is no atm on the lake, whether the criminals knew she had a debit card or not, Oh OR maybe out of the way to keep her quiet and him too, too much chaos if they were home together, I dont' know, I sure wish the Authorities had a clue, seems not

I had a feeling early on in this case that the Sheriff had a good idea of why the Dermond's were murdered but lacks the evidence needed to prove it. I still believe this is the case.
I believe Sheriff Sills hit the nail on the head when he suggested the motive may of been an "extortion attempt that didn't go through."
He also said he believed the Dermond's were targeted because of something the suspects thought they had.
Just my opinion from early on and it has never changed. When the Dermond's son spoke out and said how "they didn't deserve this" and "just tell us where she is" regarding his Mother, well that spoke volumes too me.
I pray for this family and for investigators to get justice for them.

I had a feeling early on in this case that the Sheriff had a good idea of why the Dermond's were murdered but lacks the evidence needed to prove it. I still believe this is the case.
I believe Sheriff Sills hit the nail on the head when he suggested the motive may of been an "extortion attempt that didn't go through."
He also said he believed the Dermond's were targeted because of something the suspects thought they had.
Just my opinion from early on and it has never changed. When the Dermond's son spoke out and said how "they didn't deserve this" and "just tell us where she is" regarding his Mother, well that spoke volumes too me.
I pray for this family and for investigators to get justice for them.

<BBM for Focus>

Advocate1, when the Dermond's son spoke out and said "they didn't deserve this" and "just tell us where she is" regarding his Mother. This would be the normal response of a son, or daughter, of a father who had been murdered and decapitated and a mother who was missing, imo.. It is what else that the Dermond's son said that speaks volumes to me, as well as the likely reason that the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation investigation by PCSO and the FBI seems to be rapidly heading toward the cold case files.. jmo

http://www.msgr.com/
Eatonton Messenger 11/06/2014

Dermond murders: 6 months l&#8230;
It&#8217;s been six months since neighbors discovered Russell Dermond&#8217;s body in the garage of his &#8230;

I couldn't access the story but I was able to see this headline.
Dermond murders: 6 months later, no new leads

I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the story could be just a recap of the case.

Yes, the article is basically a recap. I'll paraphrase my best. The subpoena compliance division for major phone company is located in India. SS is still filing court orders. One of the court orders from the phone company was requested in July. Bhopal employee is telling SS they can't find that court order.

The community is keeping in closer touch with SS. If something happens, they are making sure he gets a copy of the paperwork. The community is vigilant and SS was even stopped by someone who didn't recognize him at GW/RP. Both new equipment and procedures are in place for RP. I hope by equipment that means working cameras.

Other court orders include expanded time periods for bank records, so that sounds like a LOT OF PAPERWORK to go through. Sheriff Sills has his work cut out for him. I don't envy him. He does read his e-mails and says he gets a lot of those telling him what they think. lol! I'm sure he does. You never though know. The answer to who did it may lie in one of those e-mails! The reward remains at $55,000.

Hoping the murder or murders are brought to justice soon!

Yes, the article is basically a recap. I'll paraphrase my best. The subpoena compliance division for major phone company is located in India. SS is still filing court orders. One of the court orders from the phone company was requested in July. Bhopal employee is telling SS they can't find that court order.

The community is keeping in closer touch with SS. If something happens, they are making sure he gets a copy of the paperwork. The community is vigilant and SS was even stopped by someone who didn't recognize him at GW/RP. Both new equipment and procedures are in place for RP. I hope by equipment that means working cameras.

Other court orders include expanded time periods for bank records, so that sounds like a LOT OF PAPERWORK to go through. Sheriff Sills has his work cut out for him. I don't envy him. He does read his e-mails and says he gets a lot of those telling him what they think. lol! I'm sure he does. You never though know. The answer to who did it may lie in one of those e-mails! The reward remains at $55,000.

Boots, your paraphrase is much appreciated here!

Subpoena division in India...? Oh, boy...

<BBM for Focus>

'Ditto, thank you very much for sharing your take on the six month update by the Eatonton Messenger of the Dermond murders investigation, Bootsctr'..

"My Take" -->

So, Justice in America is now outsourced to India too, huh? As if the wheels of Justice were not turning slowly enough already.. 'Press #1 for English'..
Seems, the outsourced July Court Order was Lost in 'th e-mail', as was the GBI request for investigative assistance in the Dermond abduction/decapitation/murders investigation by SS....

Suspicious character impersonating a police officer questioned by neighborhood security watch commander in RP/GW, wearing a PC Sheriff's uniform, driving unmarked cruiser, while violating newly passed RP procedure; 'HOA ordinance on Loud music'.. JMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6xexu_wJY

<BBM for Focus>

Suspicious character impersonating a police officer questioned by neighborhood security watch commander in RP/GW, wearing a PC Sheriff's uniform, driving unmarked cruiser, while violating newly passed RP procedure; 'HOA ordinance on Loud music'.. JMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6xexu_wJY

Oh my! A cop impersonator!! Goodness! Who wouldn't open their door if it looked like a real cop? This is scary!

Oh my! A cop impersonator!! Goodness! Who wouldn't open their door if it looked like a real cop? This is scary!

Silly me! :blushing: There is no cop impersonator! Sometimes I take things too literal! Everyone knows Sheriff Sills. :whoosh:

Article in AJC today. I heard that Sills is going to be on ABC tonight. Don't know if that is local or national. And I don't know for sure that this is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megsleuths97