Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New today!

[h=1]Son of slain couple in grisly Putnam case: Mystery ‘just eats at you’[/h]...“It just eats at you that somebody could do this and possibly get away with it. ... We don’t even know the motive at this point,” Keith Dermond said by phone Wednesday. “It’s very hard to catch somebody when you don’t even know their motive, and you don’t know whether they would do it again.” ...

more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/06/3236608/son-of-slain-couple-in-grisly.html#wgt=rcntnews

THANKS!!!!!!

Unless I misread, MD was not included as a sibling or one of the children.

BBM

"Keith Dermond said he and his family -- the elder Dermonds had two other children, a younger son and daughter -- appreciate the locals who contributed to the reward fund."

Of course, I realize that the deceased son is not around to appreciate those who contributed.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/06/3236608/son-of-slain-couple-in-grisly.html#storylink=cpy

THANKS!!!!!!

Unless I misread, MD was not included as a sibling or one of the children.

BBM

"Keith Dermond said he and his family -- the elder Dermonds had two other children, a younger son and daughter -- appreciate the locals who contributed to the reward fund."

Of course, I realize that the deceased son is not around to appreciate those who contributed.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/06/3236608/son-of-slain-couple-in-grisly.html#storylink=cpy

I think that is what he meant, that the "living family" appreciate the locals who have given to the reward fund.
IMOO.

bbm: Oh, don't let THAT stop you! lol

Joking aside, I guess I don't take that statement as real weighty in my ponderings. It may turn out to be exactly true (IF we ever even know who killed the Dermonds), but for now I just look at that as a sort of first-impressions, first-working-theory comment Sills made, not necessarily part of a carefully developed profile. I may be wrong. Then, Sills might have been wrong, on that one.

JMO

Me too. I think he was speculating off of knowns and impressions as he went along. Just like us. But something he may have thought on day two of the investigation he may not have still believed three weeks in.

ETA so it's as if we got the benefit of his profiling but not the benefit of what leads had panned out and which had fizzled and where new leads led.

" “I wouldn’t say it’s a cold case, but it’s not looking too optimistic at this point. I’m sure the police and whatnot ... it’s just driving them crazy.”

Keith Dermond said he is confident Sills and other investigators are up to the task. "

Me thinks we are the "whatnots". ;)
IMOO.

bbm: Well, either us ... or the U.S. Marshals. ;)

From the article I linked earlier today, bbm in the quote:

...As the investigation into the couple’s death reached its three-month mark, Sheriff Howard Sills said the case still weighs on him. Sills said he rose at 4 a.m. the other day to make note of an investigative angle that came to him in the night.

“Myself and one detective continue to work on this every day,” the sheriff said.

Investigators earlier this week polygraphed someone who came forward with information that could prove fruitful, “to see if they were truthful,” Sills said.

http://www.macon.com/2014/08/06/3236608/son-of-slain-couple-in-grisly.html?sp=/99/148/198/210/

Wow, I have to wonder how usual that is -- to polygraph a potential witness? Does that mean the info being given likely is "big stuff"? Or is the polygraphing in that situation not unusual...?

Good to see another picture of Mr. and Mrs. Dermond -- looks as if it is from somewhat younger years.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/georgia-news/27351220

snipped from link

Investigators this week polygraphed someone who came forward with information that could prove fruitful, "to see if they were truthful," Sills said.

Sills recently called on the expertise of two detectives from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office's cold-case squad. Sills roomed with Jacksonville Sheriff John H. Rutherford when the two attended the FBI Academy.

The Florida detectives spent a day and a half in Eatonton examining crime-scene photographs and other materials, Sills said.

Please don't ask Rutherford for any help, he can't keep crime down from his own jurisdiction. MOO

OT, how do you guys put your snipped in the box?

From the article I linked earlier today, bbm in the quote:

http://www.macon.com/2014/08/06/3236608/son-of-slain-couple-in-grisly.html?sp=/99/148/198/210/

Wow, I have to wonder how usual that is -- to polygraph a potential witness? Does that mean the info being given likely is "big stuff"? Or is the polygraphing in that situation not unusual...?

Good to see another picture of Mr. and Mrs. Dermond -- looks as if it is from somewhat younger years.

I didn't see your post when I posted my link. Looks to me the story's are almost the same. The one from GA little more detail.

I didn't see your post when I posted my link. Looks to me the story's are almost the same. The one from GA little more detail.

Yes, very similar.

To answer your earlier question: To put your MSM quote in a box, highlight the quote after you have pasted it in the reply box, then look up top to all the little icons, choose and click the "quote balloon", the last one in the row. Then you can put your link below, underneath the quoted portion, outside the QUOTE tags that will become the "box" when posted.

At least it is getting some coverage and I just heard excerpts from Joe's story in the MT on GPR. Maybe that will help.

Yay!! A tiny bit of information! So someone comes in with information that might be worth looking into and that person gets a polygraph. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening? Whoever knows something about this is not going to be your average good guy, IMO, so maybe it is someone that LE is familiar with? Or somebody already incarcerated??

No leads 3 months into Dermond murder investigation

...The Sheriff still believes more than one person was involved in the crime. There were never any signs of forced entry, nothing at the crime scene, and nothing in the Dermond's background to suggest any criminal activity....

more and video at: http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...s-into-dermond-murder-investigation/13739723/

"Nothing" at the "crime scene"?? If that is even near accurate, I have to wonder if the Dermonds' place was not the MAIN crime scene -- but just the "placement spot" for Mr. Dermond's body.

I just don't know...

This latest "news" is bad news to me , that is if they are only looking at the financial records. That makes me lean toward the D's being a target and I didn't want to go there. I have been thinking that the reason there wasn't any DNA to go on was because it happened out in their yard. When I think it's a for profit crime, I just don't see why they would carry it out in this manner, blunt force trauma on both and a beheading and a lake burial? Just whack. Surely the FBI profile came up with something? Wouldn't they have a clue whether it's a hit or a druggie at least? If SS is as clueless as he looks in this video, I am truly worried.

more and video at: http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...s-into-dermond-murder-investigation/13739723/

"Nothing" at the "crime scene"?? If that is even near accurate, I have to wonder if the Dermonds' place was not the MAIN crime scene -- but just the "placement spot" for Mr. Dermond's body.

I just don't know...
mi

The house must have been just the placement area for Mr. Dermond. Only very highly trained individuals could commit this crime and leave no evidence behind. I wonder if they did catch both Dermond's outside their home...even in their yard or screened porch area...and take them somewhere. It wouldn't take long if the killer(s) had it all planned and rehearsed...of course, it still makes no sense.

Sills may be looking at the wrong financial records.

mi

The house must have been just the placement area for Mr. Dermond. Only very highly trained individuals could commit this crime and leave no evidence behind. I wonder if they did catch both Dermond's outside their home...even in their yard or screened porch area...and take them somewhere. It wouldn't take long if the killer(s) had it all planned and rehearsed...of course, it still makes no sense.

Right, he was placed there (drug a few feet or am I dreaming that?); but I don't go with the trained part because I just don't see fishermen/hunters as hit men, and I do feel they came by boat. Have often wondered if it was one or two, but glad to know SS thinks there were two. To me it explains more of the why a plan of action might have gone wrong after all was said and done. I see rage, not planned murder. I also think they were maybe going to bury both of them in the water but started with her. There's no TOD on either of them and if it happened Friday night and he wasn't found till Tues, that's a lot of time (and sorry to be grisly as Canaille said) but wouldn't they know how much time passed between his death and his beheading. And on top of that, for Mrs. D to be in the water for so long gives no clues to go on either. I just think if this were planned, something went askew. Who would plan to go saying "I'll do this to that one, while you do this to that person, then I'll do this to him, and let's go bury her"?? I am making myself dizzy! Want to hear more about the person who took the polygraph, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member