GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he mentioned Oklahoma in an interview. He had received an e-mail from a former lawman in Oklahoma who told him about a decapitation case there in Oklahoma. The criminal had been released and simply vanished......

If I were Sheriff Sills I would go back to those fraudulent charges made on the Dermonds' American Express card. They probably just filed a police report, but really didn't investigate it as American Express probably covered the $4000.00 in charges and since it was made online it needs to be known where the packages from Macys.com and Amazon.com were delivered. They should be able to track that. Someone tried to purchase an IPOD on my debit card. Bank alerted me. They were going to have it delivered at a Wal-Mart near Dallas. I live about 150 miles south of Dallas. So, IMO, Macys.com and Amazon.com sounds like a woman made those purchases, not a man and not a younger person. $4000 is quite a lot of money - hitting the jackpot so to say.

In my case an investigator came to my house and took a report. They followed up on it, but never made an arrest or caught the person. In the Dermonds' case it sounds like the perps got the merchandise. I'd be looking back as far as 2012 regarding those thefts by credit card. Definitely a papertrail and a computer trail and probably not an easy task, but I think some answers could lie within that event.

I think it was the Huddle House, but I could be wrong. Been on vacation but will always have this case on my mind until it's solved. I'm wondering if this arrest is a result of the "other search warrant" Sills said he had out (the first one being for the Dermond's home). He said that it was a result of months of investigation; well, this case is getting close to being 4 months old now. And the woman being on the board, and kicked off - hmmm, pretty hinky coincidence to me. If meth wasn't involved, I might not think much of it - but from what I've read, all sorts of crazy comes with that drug.

It was the Huddle House. Hmmmmmmm..... hinky, hinky, hinky!!

The only unsolved beheading I could find was in Bethany, OK in 2011. It was a young girl who was hanging around with -surprise, surprise - meth dealers. Could this be the one that Sills received a call about? And like you, Boots, I am very curious how he came to Georgia? Hope we get some things cleared up this week. I feel like we are all taking turns in a paint-by-number scenario, but this is looking very, very suspicious to me. The guys are older than I would have thought, but not surprising since TDH has been in this game a long time. Shouldn't he have been on parole? He didn't get enough time, IMO.

What was the young girl's name Happy? Does she have a thread here at Websleuths? I followed a case of a young girl briefly that disappeared and was later found dismembered in Oklahoma. It was meth dealers too!

T. Holland is a piece of work. The entire Eatonton/Lake Oconee saga is beginning to seem tangled like spaghetti. Some really good sleuthers could probably figure all of this out.

Go back to thread 8, July 8 regarding a bunch of people in a meth ring picked up and some were charged under RICO. Maybe these got by on the first sweep.

I think we are dealing with older perps in this case. People whom are experienced burglars, forgery, have a few years doing hard time and may have had the Dermonds under surveillance for a while - at least at the very minimum 2012.

Thanks for the info. <modsnip> The folks on this board seem to doing a much better job than anyone in the media uncovering the truth...but what else is new?

Has there been been coverage of the Cashmere arrests besides the Eatonton Messenger? AJC, Telegraph etc?

Has there been been coverage of the Cashmere arrests besides the Eatonton Messenger? AJC, Telegraph etc?

Not that I am aware of. Furthermore, as far as I know, there has been absolutely NOTHING, not a whisper, in MSM linking these charges or these people to the Dermond case in any way.

I am as interested in watching this situation for new developments as anyone, but I really feel we should not be naming these folks in discussions of possible suspects in the Dermond case at this time. Linking reports, etc., and discussing, maybe OK. JMO

Not that I am aware of. Furthermore, as far as I know, there has been absolutely NOTHING, not a whisper, in MSM linking these charges or these people to the Dermond case in any way.

I am as interested in watching this situation for new developments as anyone, but I really feel we should not be naming these folks in discussions of possible suspects in the Dermond case at this time. Linking reports, etc., and discussing, maybe OK. JMO

Thanks Backwoods. :sorry: I respect your opinion very much and you're correct. I don't want anyone to be put in time out or banned. Probably initials and just general discussion. I certainly don't want TDH fleeing and hunting me down. Oklahoma is closer to Texas than Georgia. . . :hills:

MOD NOTE: The latest line of discussion has not been linked to the Dermond case in any way. You can start a separate thread in Crimes in the News if you wish to discuss it, but leave it out of this thread unless you can connect the dots.

Thanks.

Thanks Backwoods. :sorry: I respect your opinion very much and you're correct. I don't want anyone to be put in time out or banned. Probably initials and just general discussion. I certainly don't want TDH fleeing and hunting me down. Oklahoma is closer to Texas than Georgia. . . :hills:

Boots, I was involved in discussing the events and "talking around" this myself. so I apologize as well -- it was just that when names/theories started appearing in the thread, it dawned on me that we were straying.

bessie has clarified the situation for us now.

I sometimes say what's on my mind - old habit. Didn't mean to go off the rails; We all expect the good people of Ferguson, MO to have patience, and I jumped the gun in this case, not a good example. I have always loved that WS keeps an open mind and I will try to do better. The crime was personal to those of us who thought 'how could anybody do this to this couple?"

Oooops!! Just wanted to add my apologies, as well. I was one of the group sleuthing and speculating. Bad :websleuther: Thanks Bessie for reeling us back in.

What day does the Msgr paper update their stories? I thought it was a daily paper?

What day does the Msgr paper update their stories? I thought it was a daily paper?

https://www.facebook.com/EatontonMessenger
Eatonton Messenger changed their profile picture.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/08/21/superior-court-judge-found-dead/14424595/

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Ocmulgee Circuit Superior Court Judge James L. Cline Jr., 62, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.

He was found dead in his Greensboro home Thursday. An autopsy Friday determined the manner of his death, according to a GBI news'
In his nearly 20 years on the bench, Superior Court Judge Jim Cline was known for chiding attorneys for idle time in the courtroom, saying they were &#8220;burning daylight.&#8221;

Courthouse talk was that the 62-year-old had planned to run for re-election in 2016.

An autopsy Friday confirmed that the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit judge died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest, according to the GBI. The judge was found dead at his Greensboro home about 6 p.m. Thursday.

Particulars of how Cline came to be found, whether he left a note and other details pertaining to his death were not released Friday.

Cline was one of five judges in the circuit, made up of Baldwin, Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jones, Morgan, Putnam and Wilkinson counties.

Otis Scarbary, one of Cline&#8217;s classmates at Mercer University&#8217;s law school, said he last spoke with the judge Aug. 16.

Cline called Scarbary at home, and they talked for nearly two hours.

&#8220;I just had no inclination whatsoever that he was depressed,&#8221; Scarbary said. &#8220;I&#8217;m really going to miss him.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/22/3262558_autopsy-confirms-judges-death.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Locals, what's going on around Putnam, Green, Hancock, and Baldwin Counties? Seems to be an excessive number of tragedies in this normally peaceful and quiet area of the state, imo...

May 22, 2012 - John Parrott, Superior Court judge for the eight-county Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit in the Eighth Judicial District, handily winning re-election for 24 years resigned under fire.

Three months since the abduction/decapitation/murders of Shirley and Russell Dermond on May 6th, 2014 in the RP GW gated community, Putnam County, etc., without answers..

Aug 11, 2014 - At about 3 a.m., the more than 130-year-old historic Hancock County Courthouse burned to the ground in the central Georgia town of Sparta, and is being investigated by the state fire marshall's office... Cause Undetermined...

August 22, 2014 - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Ocmulgee Circuit Superior Court Judge James L. Cline Jr., 62, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.
An autopsy Friday confirmed that the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit judge died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest, according to the GBI. The judge was found dead at his Greensboro home about 6 p.m. Thursday.
Particulars of how Cline came to be found, whether he left a note and other details pertaining to his death were not released Friday.
Cline was one of five judges in the circuit, made up of Baldwin(Macon), Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jones, Morgan, Putnam and Wilkinson counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member