GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the Tyrrell's thread and am appalled it was a close friend and a superintendent Gary worked with!
I really feel the Dermonds' killer/s is someone they knew quite well and trusted. Scary!

Locals, what's going on around Putnam, Green, Hancock, and Baldwin Counties? Seems to be an excessive number of tragedies in this normally peaceful and quiet area of the state, imo...

May 22, 2012 - John Parrott, Superior Court judge for the eight-county Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit in the Eighth Judicial District, handily winning re-election for 24 years resigned under fire.

Three months since the abduction/decapitation/murders of Shirley and Russell Dermond on May 6th, 2014 in the RP GW gated community, Putnam County, etc., without answers..

Aug 11, 2014 - At about 3 a.m., the more than 130-year-old historic Hancock County Courthouse burned to the ground in the central Georgia town of Sparta, and is being investigated by the state fire marshall's office... Cause Undetermined...

August 22, 2014 - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Ocmulgee Circuit Superior Court Judge James L. Cline Jr., 62, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.
An autopsy Friday confirmed that the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit judge died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest, according to the GBI. The judge was found dead at his Greensboro home about 6 p.m. Thursday.
Particulars of how Cline came to be found, whether he left a note and other details pertaining to his death were not released Friday.
Cline was one of five judges in the circuit, made up of Baldwin(Macon), Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jones, Morgan, Putnam and Wilkinson counties.

Foxfire, I've sure noticed it, too -- but I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it just "seems" like an unusual collection of events because I have the area "under the microscope". I'm thinking if I was zeroed in on any other particular collection of Georgia counties, there'd be a similar collection. JMO.

But then, you asked "locals" -- which I am not really. If any of the more-locals have a different view of it, I'm all ears.

Foxfire, I've sure noticed it, too -- but I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it just "seems" like an unusual collection of events because I have the area "under the microscope". I'm thinking if I was zeroed in on any other particular collection of Georgia counties, there'd be a similar collection. JMO.

But then, you asked "locals" -- which I am not really. If any of the more-locals have a different view of it, I'm all ears.

Backwoods, James L. Cline was one of five judges in the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit, which is made up of Baldwin(Macon), Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jones, Morgan, Putnam and Wilkinson counties the list is only a snippet of the unusual tragedies in the area as of late..

When I first scanned the Eatonton Messenger News front page, I thought, "well, another week without an news or updates". Then after a second glance, I noticed Eighth Judicial District Judge James L. Cline's untimely death..
Backwoods, increase the magnifying power of your microscope...

Locals, what's going on around Putnam, Green, Hancock, and Baldwin Counties? Seems to be an excessive number of tragedies in this normally peaceful and quiet area of the state, imo...

May 22, 2012 - John Parrott, Superior Court judge for the eight-county Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit in the Eighth Judicial District, handily winning re-election for 24 years resigned under fire.

Three months since the abduction/decapitation/murders of Shirley and Russell Dermond on May 6th, 2014 in the RP GW gated community, Putnam County, etc., without answers..

Aug 11, 2014 - At about 3 a.m., the more than 130-year-old historic Hancock County Courthouse burned to the ground in the central Georgia town of Sparta, and is being investigated by the state fire marshall's office... Cause Undetermined...

August 22, 2014 - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Ocmulgee Circuit Superior Court Judge James L. Cline Jr., 62, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.
An autopsy Friday confirmed that the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit judge died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest, according to the GBI. The judge was found dead at his Greensboro home about 6 p.m. Thursday.
Particulars of how Cline came to be found, whether he left a note and other details pertaining to his death were not released Friday.
Cline was one of five judges in the circuit, made up of Baldwin(Macon), Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jones, Morgan, Putnam and Wilkinson counties.

Thanks for bringing this up, Fox. Not to mention, back in May, Vicki Stephens, the 50 year old realtor, who "fell" off her dock, and drowned.

It does seem odd for such a serene setting, to have so many unexplained things happen.:fishy:

IMHO

Speaking for myself as a local, this events are not related. At all.

Speaking for myself as a local, this events are not related. At all.

Yep, lakeoconee, guess they are all just tragic coincidences huh? How often is the GBI requested by the Green County Sheriff to investigate a Judge's suicide?

http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...e-Circuit-Judge-James-Cline-Committed-Suicide

GBI: Ocmulgee Circuit Judge James Cline Committed Suicide

Read more: http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...e-James-Cline-Committed-Suicide#ixzz3BhhZFV35
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has confirmed that Ocmulgee Circuit Superior Court Judge James L. Cline Jr. died of a self-inflicted ... GBI: Ocmulgee Circuit Judge James Cline Committed Suicide ... The statement said the office of Green County Sheriff L.C. "Chris" Houston requested GBI assistance

So just how often do Green County judges, or judges in other GA counties commit suicide? Are you implying it's so frequent an occurrence. that it's extraordinary to ask the GBI for confirmation? Btw, there is an out of control brush fire down here in Macon, they're dousing it with water from heliocopters as I type. No doubt there's some connection.

Yes I know that I'm being caustic. I've deliberately stayed away for a while, but when I pop back in it seems the thread is still on the same tack, just circling in a different direction without the naming of names that would have it banned.

Yep, lakeoconee, guess they are all just tragic coincidences huh? How often is the GBI requested by the Green County Sheriff to investigate a Judge's suicide?

http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...e-Circuit-Judge-James-Cline-Committed-Suicide

GBI: Ocmulgee Circuit Judge James Cline Committed Suicide

Read more: http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...e-James-Cline-Committed-Suicide#ixzz3BhhZFV35
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has confirmed that Ocmulgee Circuit Superior Court Judge James L. Cline Jr. died of a self-inflicted ... GBI: Ocmulgee Circuit Judge James Cline Committed Suicide ... The statement said the office of Green County Sheriff L.C. "Chris" Houston requested GBI assistance

It is difficult to understand the exact nature of another's posts without being familiar with that person, and without being able to see the facial expression and hear the tone of voice that frame their words and intentions. I must say though, everytime I come back to this thread (hoping and praying that there is a break), there is a tone of paranoia/delusion that goes well beyond the suspicion that typically accompanies inquiring minds.

Backwoods, James L. Cline was one of five judges in the Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit, which is made up of Baldwin(Macon), Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jones, Morgan, Putnam and Wilkinson counties the list is only a snippet of the unusual tragedies in the area as of late..

When I first scanned the Eatonton Messenger News front page, I thought, "well, another week without an news or updates". Then after a second glance, I noticed Eighth Judicial District Judge James L. Cline's untimely death..

Backwoods, increase the magnifying power of your microscope...

Foxfire, the judge's death definitely made it to my microscope. You may remember that I posted about it way back on the 21st, when the news first broke:

Gosh, a lot of probably-totally-unrelated yet intriguing news is coming out of the Dermonds' neck of the woods today. This one is also very sad...prayers for his family and friends. bbm in the quote:

more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/21/3261761/superior-court-judge-dead-in-apparent.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

And actually, I'm keeping that particular "slide" pretty close at hand, because I am not yet totally convinced that it is completely unrelated and won't need to be looked at again. (And if that makes ME paranoid and delusional in the eyes of some...well, gosh, it likely won't be the first time.)

The link I posted back on the 21st did say that the GBI was investigating "as a matter of routine", so I do figure that THAT part of it might just be protocol with a court official.

Fox, just so you know: I have taken your theories in this case seriously and have supported your right to voice them as well as I could within the bounds of TOS and moderator decisions. Doesn't mean I always agree with you or that I will always agree with you in the future -- but still...just so you know.

I hated to see the rancor that seemed to creep into this thread a while back; some of it I put down to a frustrating case in which we are not getting much information as time goes by ... but, still, I never saw any need for it, at all. The last thing I would have wanted my recent post (which was really just intended conversationally and to bump the thread in these times of slow news) to do is cause a resurgence of it. Sheesh!

Everybody, please -- let's just keep on sleuthing and keep it between the ditches.

It is difficult to understand the exact nature of another's posts without being familiar with that person, and without being able to see the facial expression and hear the tone of voice that frame their words and intentions. I must say though, everytime I come back to this thread (hoping and praying that there is a break), there is a tone of paranoia/delusion that goes well beyond the suspicion that typically accompanies inquiring minds.

Good evening, Outlier, it seems to me that the posters here desperately want justice for the Dermonds. Sometimes we go off on a tangent, or get bogged down by a tiny detail, but we all have the same goal. I also think that the lack of information in this case, is particularly frustrating, and causes us to grasp at straws. Would love to see more of your thoughts and ideas. :twocents:

IMHO

It is human nature to try to connect events that we don't understand to try make some sense of them. The old saying is that deaths in a family or in a community happen in threes. We try to create order and reason for it where none exists. In lieu of news in the Dermond case, perhaps we are trying to create order regarding events in the area where none exists.
The Hancock County courthouse was a fire hazard. Years of neglect had left it in terrible shape. They think that squirrels chewing on the wiring caused the fire, but could have been overheated wiring. I have not heard a final report of the state fire marshal.
Judge Cline's death was tragic and we don't know why such a well liked and respected person would take his own life. As Fox posted, he was one of five judges in the circuit. FYI- The judges take turns going to the counties for court, so a county does not get the same judge judge every session. The Greene County Sheriff acted properly to call in the GBI to investigate his death. It is SOP in a situation like this.

It is human nature to try to connect events that we don't understand to try make some sense of them. The old saying is that deaths in a family or in a community happen in threes. We try to create order and reason for it where none exists. In lieu of news in the Dermond case, perhaps we are trying to create order regarding events in the area where none exists.
The Hancock County courthouse was a fire hazard. Years of neglect had left it in terrible shape. They think that squirrels chewing on the wiring caused the fire, but could have been overheated wiring. I have not heard a final report of the state fire marshal.
Judge Cline's death was tragic and we don't know why such a well liked and respected person would take his own life. As Fox posted, he was one of five judges in the circuit. FYI- The judges take turns going to the counties for court, so a county does not get the same judge every session. The Greene County Sheriff acted properly to call in the GBI to investigate his death. It is SOP in a situation like this.

<BBM for Focus>

DAMIFINO, not sure if it is only an old saying or if there is truth to it... I'm a firm believer in the 'rule of threes'.. Ask anyone that works in public safety and virtually everyone will agree with the threes rule, imo..

DAMIFINO, I don't doubt at all that the historic 135 year old Hancock County Courthouse was a fire hazard.. There are many reasons that the blaze raises a few red flags, imo. The day of the week and time of night that the fire occurred, the fire being fully involved at 3AM when the Fire Chief arrived on the scene indicates possible accelerant use and or multiple sources of ignition , the scaffolding being erected due to the pre-roofing preparation. There have been cases of fires starting when a bird will carry a lit cigarette butt while building their nest in attics, rats/squirrels chewing insulation off of electrical wiring, etc. Due to the total destruction of the courthouse, it is doubtful if the actual cause of the fire will ever be confirmed, imo.

Claims are sometimes made that a significant fraction of fires assigned to electrical causes have been mis-investigated, from my experience and imo.. When all else fails, many times the arson investigator will simply attribute the fire cause/ignition source to electrical wiring. The determination of electrical source being the cause is in second place behind incendiary or suspicious causes...

I agree that Judge James L. Cline's death was very tragic and no one ever knows why a person would take their own lives.. If we could understand the Why, then maybe we could do a better job of preventing this tragedy. I would venture to say that suicide has touched the lives of many on this site, either directly or indirectly.. Again, although suicide seems to be more common these days. Many red flags are raised in Judge Cline's suicide, imo;

* "I never would have expected this," she said. "I had lunch with his court reporter on Tuesday, and she said he was talking about running for another term and was very happy.

* Courthouse talk was that the 62-year-old had planned to run for re-election in 2016.

* Particulars of how Cline came to be found, whether he left a note and other details pertaining to his death were not released Friday.

* Cline called Scarbary at home, and they talked for nearly two hours.
&#8220;I just had no inclination whatsoever that he was depressed,&#8221; Scarbary said. &#8220;I&#8217;m really going to miss him.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/22/3262558_autopsy-confirms-judges-death.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...Barbecue-Sauce?mcode=1202616343037&curindex=3

Why? - Rascal Flatts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_85GXsKqk

<BBM for Focus>

DAMIFINO, not sure if it is only an old saying or if there is truth to it... I'm a firm believer in the 'rule of threes'.. Ask anyone that works in public safety and virtually everyone will agree with the threes rule, imo..

DAMIFINO, I don't doubt at all that the historic 135 year old Hancock County Courthouse was a fire hazard.. There are many reasons that the blaze raises a few red flags, imo. The day of the week and time of night that the fire occurred, the fire being fully involved at 3AM when the Fire Chief arrived on the scene indicates possible accelerant use and or multiple sources of ignition , the scaffolding being erected due to the pre-roofing preparation. There have been cases of fires starting when a bird will carry a lit cigarette butt while building their nest in attics, rats/squirrels chewing insulation off of electrical wiring, etc. Due to the total destruction of the courthouse, it is doubtful if the actual cause of the fire will ever be confirmed, imo.

Claims are sometimes made that a significant fraction of fires assigned to electrical causes have been mis-investigated, from my experience and imo.. When all else fails, many times the arson investigator will simply attribute the fire cause/ignition source to electrical wiring. The determination of electrical source being the cause is in second place behind incendiary or suspicious causes...

I agree that Judge James L. Cline's death was very tragic and no one ever knows why a person would take their own lives.. If we could understand the Why, then maybe we could do a better job of preventing this tragedy. I would venture to say that suicide has touched the lives of many on this site, either directly or indirectly.. Again, although suicide seems to be more common these days. Many red flags are raised in Judge Cline's suicide, imo;

* "I never would have expected this," she said. "I had lunch with his court reporter on Tuesday, and she said he was talking about running for another term and was very happy.

* Courthouse talk was that the 62-year-old had planned to run for re-election in 2016.

* Particulars of how Cline came to be found, whether he left a note and other details pertaining to his death were not released Friday.

* Cline called Scarbary at home, and they talked for nearly two hours.
&#8220;I just had no inclination whatsoever that he was depressed,&#8221; Scarbary said. &#8220;I&#8217;m really going to miss him.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/22/3262558_autopsy-confirms-judges-death.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id...Barbecue-Sauce?mcode=1202616343037&curindex=3

Why - Rascal Flatts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_85GXsKqk

I knew Jim Cline for years. He was a funny, wise man who lost his battle with depression and alcohol. His friends mourn him.

I knew Jim Cline for years. He was a funny, wise man who lost his battle with depression and alcohol. His friends mourn him.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, lakeoconee..
Been reading the guestbook condolences from the many friends and family members of the honorable Judge James L. Cline.. His intelligence, wisdom, professionalism, larger than life personality, and sense of humor were mentioned in many of the messages. One of his friend's messages even mentioned reminiscing of all of his 'Jim'isms"...

http://www.mccommonsfuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=492814

Just read a blurb in my local newspaper. It seems that someone donated a human skull to a Goodwill Store in Austin, TX. Workers discovered the skull as they were sorting bags of donated items on July 16.

Just read a blurb in my local newspaper. It seems that someone donated a human skull to a Goodwill Store in Austin, TX. Workers discovered the skull as they were sorting bags of donated items on July 16.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...human skull to a Goodwill Store in Austin, TX

Human skull donated to Goodwill store in Texas
Fox News &#8206;- 7 hours ago
Police are scratching their heads trying to work out who donated a human skull to a thrift store in Austin, Texas.
This is at least the fourth skull to be donated to the international nonprofit this summer. Three were donated in July to a Goodwill store in Bellevue, Washington

<sniped - read more>

Austin police: Human skull donated to Goodwill
<Video> http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2014/08/28/human-skull-donated-goodwill/14759283/

Kind of quiet in here. Hope everyone here had a nice Labor Day weekend.

image.jpgimage.jpg

This from Lake Oconee News Facebook page...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 320
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics