GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they could. Hyperthermia would cause severe dehydration. A dead body would not sweat and might still be somewhat hydrated.
Also if there was a pattern of livor mortis that was inconsistent with the child being seated in his car seat, it would indicate the child was deceased prior to being placed in the car.
moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I don't think you understood, they mean deliberately leaving the child in the car.

I think the folks signing the petitions aren't understanding that there must be something else going on.
I totally agree. :)

I have already read the, "he was such a great father, he would never intentionally harm his child"...and the, "He's going through enough, LE shouldn't charge him" stuff. So sad.

I totally agree. :)

I have already read the, "he was such a great father, he would never intentionally harm his child"...and the, "He's going through enough, LE shouldn't charge him" stuff. So sad.

I was ''gagging'' when the story first came out and all of the ''compassionate'' souls were so outraged that the father was charged ((OMG how could anyone suspect such a fine young man)):banghead:

I ''resisted'' the temptation to start a thread on it because anything I might have said would have been considered ''uncivil''.

I was delighted to see the sea change today when I started checking out the ''latest'' on this tragic loss of a baby.

CNN spoke with the child’s mother, Leanna Harris, on Friday. Harris says she’s been advised not to discuss the case with the media.

“We have been in communication with the mother throughout the investigation. At this time, I’m not at liberty to discuss her involvement. That’s a part of the case our detectives are working on,” Pierce said.

" Sgt. Dana Pierce said Friday that the information currently known to the public in this case is "just the tip of the iceberg," and that other pertinent details are likely to not be released by investigators until the case goes to trial."

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25833047...of-death-for-22-month-old-boy-left-in-hot-car

from your link.....

"Pierce said the cause of death has not yet been released because the Medical Examiner and investigators are still working to confirm all aspects of the case"

"Police said Harris did not cooperate when they tried to question him at the scene. They said they had to handcuff him before taking him to police headquarters for further questioning."

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/20/ga-man-charged-murder/

Didn't cooperate or was unable to?
That seems like an odd statement, and they had to put him in cuffs? Why? Do police have to cuff you just to take you to the station to question you? I grew up on Cobb County. I've never known them to do that.
Sounds to me like red flags were already there that this was no accident.
Moo

The two possibilities in my mind are that he gave the child Benadryl and that someone saw him look into the back of the car before heading in for work. Perhaps a security camera.

bbm

I'm trying to read between the lines here, but it sounds like leaving this child in a hot car may have been intentional and a cover-up for something else... :no:

I was just reading about this and thought the same thing.

I do not know where the child's daycare was. I would think it possibly was on site. In other words there wouldn't be any stops to drop him off at a "daycare".
I have not heard it confirmed by MSM, but that seems to be the general consenus around here. Moo

Home Depot goes big with child care center
SEP 15, 2012

What makes that job a little easier is that xxxxxx works at the corporate headquarters of Home Depot in Atlanta. The retailer recently opened an onsite child care facility there that has space for 278 children."
"The facility at the Home Depot is one of the largest corporate-sponsored child care centers in the Southeast, says xxxxxx"

http://ebn.benefitnews.com/news/hom...care-dependent-bright-horizons-2727488-1.html

The fact that LE is being so vague about why they are charging him w/ murder is why there seems to be a ton of sympathy for him. Most people just see he was charged w/ murder for leaving the child in a hot car, and figure this is an overzealous police department.

ETA: I don't really understand why LE cannot just say "The autopsy showed that the child did not die from the heat" or something similar. I haven't seen a case as clouded in secrecy as this one, and it is probably why they have already raise $12,000 for him.

Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
-- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

140620201004-nr-brooke-mom-lost-kid-in-hot-car-00004516-story-body.jpg

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/?sr=google_news

i TOLD MY DH that there was more to this! I felt it in my gut.

They aren't understanding he forgot to drop the child off at daycare in the morning and forgot to pick him up in the afternoon as well. Then got in his car and drove approximately 2 miles when he finally remembered the child was in the backseat strapped in his car seat.
Witnesses say when he layed the boy on the ground his body looked like he was still sitting in the seat.

It sure sounds like the ME saw something pretty quickly that disproved some or all of the father's story.

This child was probably dead when placed into the SUV that morning.
Moo

“He was lifeless, he was in the same position as if he were sitting in the carseat,” Hamilton said. “It’s something that I’ll remember for a long time.”

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/child-believed-left-in-car-in-cobb-has-died/ngNdR/

Who doesn't have one of those mirrors to see a rear facing child? Or one that hangs below the rearview mirror to see a forward facing child? Ridiculous!

I have been saying for years that kids left to bake in hot cars or accidental drownings in pools should be treated as negligence and the parents should be convicted of manslaughter. Otherwise parents who want to get rid of unwanted children and babies can blatantly commit murder and get treated with sympathy.

Based on this quote

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

it's pretty obvious that the father deliberately left the child to bake to death in the car.

i think maybe even severely injured and left to die. :banghead:

Who doesn't have one of those mirrors to see a rear facing child? Or one that hangs below the rearview mirror to see a forward facing child? Ridiculous!

yes! I've had the rear view one since my grandchild was born.

I can't imagine parents not having these.

The two possibilities in my mind are that he gave the child Benadryl and that someone saw him look into the back of the car before heading in for work. Perhaps a security camera.

omg I didn' think about that!
:thud:

does anyone think that the father looked a bit disheveled (beard growth etc) made me wonder if he was sick that day and took some otc cold meds or something .....((really like flu or something else))....other pics show him being pretty clean cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme