GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom worked from home according to the officer who testified. I'm sure he said that because I was like wait, what, you just said she left for work before RH and Cooper were up

That's why I was so confused....
So, she really didn't even need daycare.....IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since "M" is not a POI in this case, we can't sleuth her. A lot of what's been said here is pure speculation.

JMHO

Wondering if there is one thing in particular that is a "smoking gun"? Or will this case be made up of a number of circumstances/circumstantial pieces of evidence? Also wondering if people think the state has enough already to win a conviction; that part I am not so sure of. As of now, if people (jurors?) want to be believe he is just a nasty man who did a stupid thing, they can probably convince themselves of that. Wondering what the consensus is.

This keeps coming up and I just think this thought is all wrong. When the straps are set at the correct level, close to the shoulders, they have less play in them. The hard plastic shell holds them close together. When you move that down the back some, then the straps can spread further apart at the shoulder. Remember, straps aren't rigid, they are fabric. Fabric moves and bends more than hard plastic.

I will pull out one of the booster seat and reattach the back, set the straps on the lowest hole and play guinea pig with my kids after they are done lunch. They are 6 and 8 so I will make sure they are willing to play along before I start strapping them in though.

Wondering if there is one thing in particular that is a "smoking gun"? Or will this case be made up of a number of circumstances/circumstantial pieces of evidence? Also wondering if people think the state has enough already to win a conviction; that part I am not so sure of. As of now, if people (jurors?) want to be believe he is just a nasty man who did a stupid thing, they can probably convince themselves of that. Wondering what the consensus is.

It's a puzzle and every single piece fits and points to a man that simply didn't want to be a father anymore. IMO

I think they have enough for a conviction, but waiting on paperwork, cell phone records, finishing up interviews. In the end, I think LH will turn on RH and testify against him for a reduced charge. I hope we don't have another Casey Anthony situation.

I know several people who work from home, and I doubt they would get much accomplished with a toddler there. (heck I would get nothing accomplished working from home if there was food, internet, tv or books around! Some of us are just NOT meant to work from home!)

If mom worked from home why was Cooper in daycare????

Sorry but I have experienced grief, and she wasn't grieving over the loss of that baby. And she KNEW else she wouldn't have blurted out "He left him in the car!!!"

I'm not saying she didn't know but I do want to point out that everyone processes grief differently.

It makes me worry because I don't break down and show emotions. It's a coping mechanism honed long ago.

IMHO, I believe that the jurors will not just take note of his nastiness, but will also look at his actions that day. I'm hoping there is a jury visit to the car with the car seat in place so they can judge for themselves what he could have seen from the driver side door window at least. They can judge what he would have likely seen from the driver's seat, even without a mannequin.

There is the issue of the smell in the car (unless they are as dense as another jury we know of). There are the computer searches as well as the videos he watched. We know a lot now. But, by trial time, the prosecution will probably have a lot more.

Actually, what the officer said on the stand implies that they don't imo. Could mean nothing, but he said they knew RH had to talk to someone because the VM at the daycare isn't set to last for 6 minutes, i.e. RH didn't just pocket dial or call, get vm and fail to hang up properly. To me, that says they know he talked to someone, but they don't know who. Otherwise, they would have just said who he talked to, no? It's not like they were opposed to revealing details about the investigation so far.

Wondering if they're polygraphing daycare workers...

I tend to think some folks are born that way (and any childhood abuse they suffer relates to the fact their family members also have the same inherent issues).

I won't say anymore. Cooper was a beautiful baby.

Some people are born that way but I think most are made. But just because you were abused doesn't mean your going to be the same... and just because you have a monster (or monsters) in your family doesn't mean you carry some monster gene...

I read that BEFORE the bond hearing, only 12-15% of the commenters on Internet news articles were defending him. Wondering what the figures look like NOW...

IMHO, I believe that the jurors will not just take note of his nastiness, but will also look at his actions that day. I'm hoping there is a jury visit to the car with the car seat in place so they can judge for themselves what he could have seen from the driver side door window at least. They can judge what he would have likely seen from the driver's seat, even without a mannequin.

There is the issue of the smell in the car (unless they are as dense as another jury we know of). There are the computer searches as well as the videos he watched. We know a lot now. But, by trial time, the prosecution will probably have a lot more.

I do wish that LE would have allowed leanna to smell that vehicle, I really do. It was said that when he got in the car and left that he did not open the windows, left the lot with the windows up. He drove were he drove because there he had an audience.

info on daycare worker initials MG in the 6 minute phone call thread with link to transcript.

I think they have enough for a conviction, but waiting on paperwork, cell phone records, finishing up interviews. In the end, I think LH will turn on RH and testify against him for a reduced charge. I hope we don't have another Casey Anthony situation.
I think he might testify against her in order to get LWOP. The state has an excellent case against him without her but they could use him to get charges against her. imo

Jmo, working at home with a two-year would be next to impossible. How could you keep phone appointments, conference calls, etc? There is no way to "control" what a toddler will be doing at a certain time.

Who is M?

Also...I think sense of smell is one of those relative things. I often smell things very strongly my husband does not notice, good smells and otherwise. So I am not comfortable with the smell being more than an "extra" piece of evidence.

I read that BEFORE the bond hearing, only 12-15% of the commenters on Internet news articles were defending him. Wondering what the figures look like NOW...

You could probably count them on two hands.

I thought Stoddard said "she worked out of the home." I took that to mean outside of the home. I am going to go check the transcripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72