GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be very interesting to see who his character witnesses are at trial.
I have a feeling we won't see a rerun from the hearing.
His half brother and church lady...were STUNNED at the few things that were asked if they knew or learned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if there is one thing in particular that is a "smoking gun"? Or will this case be made up of a number of circumstances/circumstantial pieces of evidence? Also wondering if people think the state has enough already to win a conviction; that part I am not so sure of. As of now, if people (jurors?) want to be believe he is just a nasty man who did a stupid thing, they can probably convince themselves of that. Wondering what the consensus is.

You know, I think very few cases have a smoking gun. I think the totality of the evidence shows a man that greatly preferred having a different life. I think the consensus in general terms, is people want him to burn. They can pick their juries. I'm sure the prosecution hopes to weed out the people like this. I'm sure the defense would love to have them. The jury will be very interesting. With that said, I do think anyone who takes being a juror seriously, will look at all the evidence and see the big, ugly picture. If they have anymore on the wife by trial, that will seal it up. JMO.

I have an "ex-friend" who, by all outward appearances, was a loving, giving and caring parent. Behind closed doors there was clearly zero bond between mom and child - there was annoyance, abuse, neglect, and jealously. I witnessed both public and private personas. Whenever I see a case like this one, where the suspect is supported and people speak highly and as if the accusations are absurd, I think of my "ex-friend" and how she completely fooled everyone except me. She was/is a very selfish and self-centered person who could never put any child's needs above her own. I see both RH and LH exactly the same way. That baby boy never stood a chance.

Wondering if there is one thing in particular that is a "smoking gun"? Or will this case be made up of a number of circumstances/circumstantial pieces of evidence? Also wondering if people think the state has enough already to win a conviction; that part I am not so sure of. As of now, if people (jurors?) want to be believe he is just a nasty man who did a stupid thing, they can probably convince themselves of that. Wondering what the consensus is.

BBM. IMO, yes they do.

I think they have enough. What they have have said in court Thursday was just a tiny bit of what evidence they uncovered and they still had more things to go through. No doubt in my mind if this goes to court they will have enough. I say if they go to court b/c I do believe more then one person is involved and they will turn on each other when it all starts coming out how many footprints they left behind.

Did he have a previous sex - related conviction?

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

I thought Stoddard said "she worked out of the home." I took that to mean outside of the home. I am going to go check the transcripts.

I thought he said "out of the home," too. But, I was in such shock at that point, I might have misunderstood.

I have an "ex-friend" who, by all outward appearances, was a loving, giving and caring parent. Behind closed doors there was clearly zero bond between mom and child - there was annoyance, abuse, neglect, and jealously. I witnessed both public and private personas. Whenever I see a case like this one, where the suspect is supported and people speak highly and as if the accusations are absurd, I think of my "ex-friend" and how she completely fooled everyone except me. She was/is a very selfish and self-centered person who could never put any child's needs above her own. I see both RH and LH exactly the same way. That baby boy never stood a chance.

I totally agree (although I don't know your X-friend). I see a detached mother that pushed off a lot of parental care on RH and he had taken it long enough. When Caylee Anthony's case came to light I remember seeing a videotape of her coloring and trying to interact with her mother (who was behind the camera lens) and there was no interaction. No bond between mother and child and it was visible on the baby's face that she was confused and somewhat wary. I saw the same thing detachment when I saw RH with Cooper laying on his chest. This was not a happy father and not even sure why he took that photo but it was very telling to me. Getting back to my point though, it's my perception that mother never really bonded with this child as most do and RH was already moving into another whole dimension with his "private" life. This was no accident IMO and they have all but revealed that by their actions and behavior since the tragedy.

There is kind of a smoking gun for me. And that was when I saw how extremely close that car seat was to the driver and saw that Coop's head was visible over the top of the car seat. There is no way that a parent could miss the fact that there was a baby in the car seat. imo :moo:

That coupled with the extremely short distance from CFA to the daycare, and :jail:

Seeing the confusion about LH and if she worked out of the home or in the home..

Is it possible, as a dietician, she worked for herself and therfore was based out of her home but was usually out of the house (seeing clients, etc.)?

There is kind of a smoking gun for me. And that was when I saw how extremely close that car seat was to the driver and saw that Coop's head was visible over the top of the car seat. There is no way that a parent could miss the fact that there was a baby in the car seat. imo :moo:

That coupled with the extremely short distance from CFA to the daycare, and :jail:

And sitting there for 30 seconds. Thirty seconds is a loooong time.

I thought he said "out of the home," too. But, I was in such shock at that point, I might have misunderstood.

I work "from home" meaning that my job office is my house.

If she worked "out of the home" wouldn't that mean that she went "out" of her home to a job NOT in her home? The first articles I remember said that she left for work that morning before RH and Cooper left. I took that to mean that she worked elsewhere - "out of the home".

The term 'working out of the home' can be easily confused. It means two opposite things. It can mean working from home or working away from home. :waitasec:

The term 'working out of the home' can be easily confused. It means two opposite things. It can mean working from home or working away from home. :waitasec:

I agree. My husbands business is based at home, but he leaves to perform his work everyday.

I agree. My husbands business is based at home, but he leaves to perform his work everyday.

That's what I was saying above and I am inclined to believe that's the case here. I bet she has a contract with some kind of assisted care/rehab facility or something.

:wagon: to all our new members. You join at an interesting time, the site has had a recent makeover so its like us oldtimers are sort of :newbie: s too :)

I work "from home" meaning that my job office is my house.

If she worked "out of the home" wouldn't that mean that she went "out" of her home to a job NOT in her home? The first articles I remember said that she left for work that morning before RH and Cooper left. I took that to mean that she worked elsewhere - "out of the home".

BBM. That's the way I took it, too. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member