GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, read up on it when you get a chance, specifically benzene inside cars on a warm day.

Oh, I believe that I can find the source for the benzene in cars I just don't believe that opening your windows will make it vanish.

I'm done with the car windows up or down debate.

It's not just a Southern thang, either. :D

I live in Canada and have always rolled my windows down to let the nasty, disgusting, hot and humid air out and then close them up and let the A/C take over. It cools off must faster that way. (I even do this after using my auto-starter)

Most auto manuals suggest rolling down windows to allow stagnant air to escape while running A/C for a few minutes. It's a universal thang. Not a regional one.

So funny...we really show our ages....
"Roll down the windows" lol

My son asked me the other day all annoyed why I say "roll" ...and informed me it sounds silly.

From the kid who has simply pushed a button his entire life...eyeroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the brevity... I think I needed this. Made me smile!

All the window talk is making me miss those little wing windows again...so cute.

From the American Cancer Society's website (2011)

Claim: My car's manual says to roll down the windows to let out all the hot air before turning on the A/C. WHY?

Fact: On a sunny day, the temperature in a parked car can be more than 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) higher than the outside air. Opening the windows is the fastest way to exchange the hot interior air with the cooler outside air. Once that is done, the air conditioner can make the interior cooler than the outside air. The manual's recommendation is probably focused on passenger comfort rather than toxicology.

Maybe, the car I currently have is black, the truck I had before was white and my 'roommates' have red cars. We still all do the same thing with each vehicle, but it COULD be more out of habit then necessity.

Mine is black too with a dark gray interior and it does get hot. I have a windshield cover thingy that I use if I think about it. I do have a nice car, but even when I was young and poor I never opened my windows when starting, so maybe it is what your parents or others you are around do that influences the behavior??

From the American Cancer Society's website (2011)

Claim: My car's manual says to roll down the windows to let out all the hot air before turning on the A/C. WHY?

Fact: On a sunny day, the temperature in a parked car can be more than 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) higher than the outside air. Opening the windows is the fastest way to exchange the hot interior air with the cooler outside air. Once that is done, the air conditioner can make the interior cooler than the outside air. The manual's recommendation is probably focused on passenger comfort rather than toxicology.

Because the hot air in your car is way hotter than the air outside of your car... If you let it out... The car cools faster and the AC doesn't take as long to cool it.

For all this "rolling down window" talk we are having tonight, I think most of us still agree, RH is guilty of something. The window thing is just another step in the path.

I love how passionate we all get though. Us agree/disagreeing is what makes this forum so great!

All the window talk is making me miss those little wing windows again...so cute.

Last OT, I promise

Attachments

• vent-window.jpg
    vent-window.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 248
I would rather poke my left eye out with a rusty fork then ever set foot in AZ in the summer.

I did, and I did. :floorlaugh:

Seriously, the humidity in the south (at least in Miami) gets so bad in summer it doesn't really matter what you do. Any trip less than 15 minutes is miserable - not enough time for the a/c to do it's job.

I did, and I did. :floorlaugh:

Seriously, the humidity in the south (at least in Miami) gets so bad in summer it doesn't really matter what you do. Any trip less than 15 minutes is miserable - not enough time for the a/c to do it's job.

People say AZ doesn't feel hot because it's a DRY heat... I say "whatever" ...115 in the shade sounds like hell on earth to me!

Thank you for the brevity... I think I needed this. Made me smile!

:floorlaugh:

Beautiful! We have all caught the sillies I think

I live in the south, hot hot humid south. I never roll my windows down. A/C cools it down fast. Even if the air is temperature wise cooler outside, I still don't want to feel the 105 degrees outside either lol! I just let the a/c do it's job.

I don't think there is a "normal" with this sort of thing. I think people do what becomes habit.

People say AZ doesn't feel hot because it's a DRY heat... I say "whatever" ...115 in the shade sounds like hell on earth to me!

Oh my goodness, when you feel humid heat you will know the difference. I'd rather be in 115 degrees, than 95 degrees and 90% humidity. Any day

I live in the south, hot hot humid south. I never roll my windows down. A/C cools it down fast. Even if the air is temperature wise cooler outside, I still don't want to feel the 105 degrees outside either lol! I just let the a/c do it's job.

I don't think there is a "normal" with this sort of thing. I think people do what becomes habit.

Well, I think you're doing it all wrong ...walking away all snooty;)

So another thing about LH reaction that has been bugging me. I was married to a complete narcissist who was living a secret life before and after our marriage. We had a realationship spanning 15 yrs. It took me YEARS to finally come out of the fog I had been living in and to realize things I knew as truth were lies and vice/versa. It is a total mind mess to live with someone like that. But the whole time my main concern was making him happy/not upsetting him, squelching my own life and wishes because he projected his faults as mine.
My first thoughts about LH were GUILTY but then some detail/fact made me think otherwise. This is a woman who may not have control over her life and has been mentally and emotionally tortured by his infidelities blaming herself and maybe the child. Again MOO and not necessarily condoning the actions.

Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

Does anyone remember the years he worked as a dispatcher? Is it possible there was a child die in a hot car when he was on duty? Sorry if that has been asked and answered.

I've been looking but have come up empty so far....

Oh my goodness, when you feel humid heat you will know the difference. I'd rather be in 115 degrees, than 95 degrees and 90% humidity. Any day

Thank you Blue22! Humidity makes all the difference in the world. Imagine walking out of your house at 100 degrees and instantly being wet. Instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3