GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit behind in the thread, but with regard to RH leaving the car windows up as he drove away from work ...

I don’t know about anywhere else, but most of us here in very hot Australia open our windows (or leave our door open) as soon as we get in the car, and as we are turning on the a/c. It allows the hot air to escape, and then the windows go back up after a few minutes - usually once we are on the road - and the car starts to cool down.

We don’t even have to have a rank odour in the car to do it … we do it because it is bloody HOT in the car.

I live in the US south and never open my windows when I get in the car and it is hot. I just turn on the ac and deal with it.

His ED was public because the wife spoke about it online right? I don't know. My memory is poor but I thought we got a reprimand for discussing someone else's mental health. That may have been prior to an arrest though. But I do think it would be interesting to compare traits and actions by them and see who fits into what box.

ETA ok,, I am wrong.
Nope, you're not wrong. I remember us being told that we weren't experts and we should stop trying to diagnose the perp. I'm not positive, but it may have been in the Elliot Rodger thread. (??)

I do remember it being said in more than one thread.

In any case, I'm sure someone will come along and give us a knuckle slap if they don't want us discussing it. :)

His ED was public because the wife spoke about it online right? I don't know. My memory is poor but I thought we got a reprimand for discussing someone else's mental health. That may have been prior to an arrest though. But I do think it would be interesting to compare traits and actions by them and see who fits into what box.

ETA ok,, I am wrong.

I understand that LH spoke about RH's sexual dysfunction online, but RH opened the door to his mental health by committing a heinous crime and leaving a breadcrumb trail of his online un-mental healthy activities (a double life). We can speculate whether or not he has erectile dysfunction or is a sex addict (or obese, clinically deaf, etc.) but not whether he's a psychopath vs. a sociopath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in the US south and never open my windows when I get in the car and it is hot. I just turn on the ac and deal with it.

Same. Never ever have I opened my windows. That just makes it take longer for the car to cool off. I live in a climate where we are over 105 and sometimes up to 120 or more over a 3-4 month period. Literally hot like an oven outside, much less in the car.

Same. Never ever have I opened my windows. That just makes it take longer for the car to cool off. I live in a climate where we are over 105 and sometimes up to 120 or more over a 3-4 month period. Literally hot like an oven outside, much less in the car.

Before auto start, I would open my door, get in, put the windows down & A/C on...drive a few blocks then close the windows.

I agree. RH didn't think he'd ever be interrogated, especially by the likes of Stoddard. Would love to see those tapes- Stoddard probably such a pro- listening, validating, and letting RH talk, and talk, and talk... ( RH convincing himself Stoddard was buying his BS, hook, line, and sinker). Ah...there is a God...

That's such a good thought! An effective interrogator asks a lot of simple, open-ended questions, allowing the subject to choose where to begin and what he/she specifically wants to emphasize. And lets them talk and talk, lol!

By "open-ended" I mean questions like "Tell me what happened." By "simple," I mean one question at a time - interviewers often ask two or more questions in one sentence and end up getting an answer to none. Good followup questions like "What do you mean by ___? No leading questions - let the subject lead.

Sorry for babbling - I recently did heavy research into the best way to interview children who may have been sexually abused and it made a big impact on me.* :blushing: It applies to any kind of interviewing.

Anyway, judging from what we've learned so far it seems the detectives did a good job. :clap:

*Anyone interested in this subject should read https://fortress.wa.gov/cjtc/www/images/APSAC Handbook chapter Disclosure.pdf

I have to say you are an anomaly or you haven't lived in the South long enough to get opening the windows lets the heat out and has the car cool off faster.

How long have you lived in the south?

Before auto start, I would open my door, get in, put the windows down & A/C on...drive a few blocks then close the windows.

Is auto start like a remote start? I wonder if RH had that?

Seriously? And you never thought letting the HOT air out FIRST might make you car cooler when you start your car? I am almost 40 and have lived in the south my ENTIRE life. We always roll our windows down to let the hot air out. Then we roll them up and start the ac. I can't even imagine a true southern NOT doing this... it is common place around these parts.

I agree. In my opinion a car will cool down more quickly if you keep the windows up with the A/C on. When on Max A/C the inside air is recirculated. Having hot outside air blowing in the car defeats that process.

It's not just a Southern thang, either. :D

I live in Canada and have always rolled my windows down to let the nasty, disgusting, hot and humid air out and then close them up and let the A/C take over. It cools off must faster that way. (I even do this after using my auto-starter)

I agree. In my opinion a car will cool down more quickly if you keep the windows up with the A/C on. When on Max A/C the inside air is recirculated. Having hot outside air blowing in the car defeats that process.

BUT!!! Letting the hot air out FIRST makes more sense! What do you all consider south?

It's too hot here for that to make a difference. The sun is blazing. It's completely different than a diffusely sunny but suffocatingly humid east coast summer day. There's no humidity and the sun is like a laser. Opening a window to catch a breeze is like opening the oven door and letting the oven's warm setting blow in your face. Have you ever been to Arizona in the Summer? Not being snarky. It's like no other for an east coast girl.

I have to say you are an anomaly or you haven't lived in the South long enough to get opening the windows lets the heat out and has the car cool off faster.

How long have you lived in the south?

I have lived here for many years and I can't think of anybody who I drive with who rolls down their windows when they start to drive.

It's not just a Southern thang, either. :D

I live in Canada and have always rolled my windows down to let the nasty, disgusting, hot and humid air out and then close them up and let the A/C take over. It cools off must faster that way. (I even do this after using my auto-starter)

I want to thank you but for some reason I don't have that option with you. It would seem to be common sense to me, no matter what your climate.

From what I've read, it is prudent to have the windows rolled down a bit for a few seconds when you first turn your car's A/C on. It lets the nasty chemicals out from all the plastics that have been heating up inside the warm car (i.e. benzene).

It's too hot here for that to make a difference. The sun is blazing. It's completely different than a diffusely sunny but suffocatingly humid east coast summer day. There's no humidity and the sun is like a laser. Opening a window to catch a breeze is like opening the oven door and letting the oven's warm setting blow in your face. Have you ever been to Arizona in the Summer? Not being snarky. It's like no other for an east coast girl.

I would rather poke my left eye out with a rusty fork then ever set foot in AZ in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member