GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported that he was a dispatcher until being hired by HD. I have no idea what year he started with HD. If memory is correct he didn't graduate from UA until 2012. I think he was on the eight year plan.

I thought it said that he quit the job as dispatcher to go to school, and he got hired at HD after he graduated. I'll see if I can find where I read it.

Question: is RH a psychopath (Is his brain wired differently?) or is he some sort of Narcissist/Sociopath with shame at his core?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good question. I think shame.

Does anyone remember the years he worked as a dispatcher? Is it possible there was a child die in a hot car when he was on duty? Sorry if that has been asked and answered.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And did he give you another example of how he was aware of the dangers of leaving a living thing in a car?

STODDARD: He did. He said when he was working for Tuscaloosa, a canine was left in one of the PD vehicles and died within 10 minutes

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.05.html

I think we are not supposed to speculate as to mental health of Perps, but we really should have a basement thread where we could compare and contrast all the different aspects of the minds of the various perps and who fits into what category .
PLEASE MODS ! :) It's a brand new forum. What's one more thread downstairs?

During the hearing yesterday the LEO on the stand indicated that daycare employee M was a passenger in LH's car as they drove to the Treehouse. At the Treehouse 2 LEO's met with LH and told her the news of her son's death. She was ''interviewed'' first at the Treehouse and then taken to the station for questioning IIRC

No, that is wrong. The DC worker that went to her to the TH was a male, TJ.

Bit behind in the thread, but with regard to RH leaving the car windows up as he drove away from work ...

I don’t know about anywhere else, but most of us here in very hot Australia open our windows (or leave our door open) as soon as we get in the car, and as we are turning on the a/c. It allows the hot air to escape, and then the windows go back up after a few minutes - usually once we are on the road - and the car starts to cool down.

We don’t even have to have a rank odour in the car to do it … we do it because it is bloody HOT in the car.

I'm not at all a techie... My husband said nothing is ever truly deleted. Can LE retrieve RH's deleted texts, IM's, etc.?

Yep, they sure can:happydance:

good question. I think shame.

Interesting how he exposed himself in such a shameful manner- with all the sexting and hot car death/child free sites all in the same package of intentionally murdering his son (probably whom he viewed as an extension of himself). I see self-loathing there...

One thing is striking about this case (besides the obvious).

These parents do not appear to be abusive/sadistic. The daycare said when Cooper went to breakfast with Daddy he would be happy etc....

I suspect these two simply lived in their own "alternative little world" in which they shared stuff, and ideas, and at some point the idea of no longer having to care for a baby seemed like a good idea. They likely didn't want him to suffer but....it seemed like the most common and foolproof way.

Then you have RH's mother....after that hearing she curses the JUDGE for not giving bond? She isn't shocked by the details revealed in the hearing, she immediately blames the judge because she didn't get what she wanted and she had to be angry with "someone".

Freaky stuff. The parents may be monsters, but the disturbing part is that they were such "benign" monsters if that makes sense. In some ways a lot like Casey Anthony.

I thought it was LH who cursed the judge.

That's interesting. Do you have a link to that statute?

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/focus-shifts-to-mother-of-cobb-toddler-as-investig/ngZCF/

But if, as many increasingly believe, her husband ends up facing more significant murder charges, prosecutors may seek to use Leanna Harris as a witness. In Georgia, the spousal privilege shielding a wife from testifying against her husband, and vice-versa, doesn’t apply in cases of domestic violence or death of a child.

Still looking for the statute itself.

Bit behind in the thread, but with regard to RH leaving the car windows up as he drove away from work ...

I don’t know about anywhere else, but most of us here in very hot Australia open our windows (or leave our door open) as soon as we get in the car, and as we are turning on the a/c. It allows the hot air to escape, and then the windows go back up after a few minutes, and the car starts to cool down.

We don’t even have to have a rank odour in the car to do it … we do it because it is bloody HOT in the car.

Here in Tennessee, most of us do the same thing. I have a Kia Soul and the FIRST thing I do is open the car door, turn the key a bit, open the sun roof and all four windows, then I start the car.

It was near a 100 degree F when I finally started my car today. I swear sometimes, my car is so hot, I get cold chills. As weird as that sounds.

I think we are not supposed to speculate as to mental health of Perps, but we really should have a basement thread where we could compare and contrast all the different aspects of the minds of the various perps and who fits into what category .
PLEASE MODS ! :) It's a brand new forum. What's one more thread downstairs?

Oh, I didn't know that. Why are we allowed to discuss their private parts but not their minds?

That's interesting. Do you have a link to that statute?

I read that today also on one of the news sites...I think a lawyer stated it....can't remember now where it was....was not the Marietta one as it won't let me read online.

A killing in this way seems like a major bid for sympathy and attention, as well as whatever his own reasons were. It has to be a special category, Imo.

I am catching up, but I just wanted to add my two cents on a few parenting related issues:

-The car seat buckle - I don't think he would have been able to let himself out of the car seat. My kids can't, and they're his age and a few years older. We have Britax car seats, which are nicer than most, IMO (I paid close to $300 for each seat - mainly b/c I wanted the 'safest' and 'top of the line' for my peace of mind.) and I have seen other kids in the $40-$100 seats and their seats are much lighter and the locking mechanisms on the harness are a lot more dainty and maneuverable than the ones that my kids have. But even then, I do feel that 2 is pretty young to be able to completely undo the seat, because the harnesses are made so that it would require an adult to put the pressure necessary to press the button to release the bottom part of the harness. I could see a kid getting their shoulders out and maybe wiggling out, but IMO, that means that they are not strapped in properly and that the harness is WAY too loose. If they can actually undo the harness and it is properly adjusted to the child, then I think that the seat is defective and should be inspected - MOO of course.

Now, assuming he set out to kill Cooper, I assume that he made sure it was very tight. (that makes me sad to write)

Regarding passerbys hearing screaming or crying, I'm just not sure about that. He parked on the far end of the lot, right? And so there were not any cars except for the one on the side of him, because there was grass on the other side (the passenger's side, right? Since he backed in?.) He came in late, by most standards (9:30 or so, IIRC.) If it only took an hour or so for little Cooper to pass, then I think the odds of someone hearing a baby through completely rolled up windows on the far end of the lot, when most cars were parked for the day were low. Plus, Cooper was rear facing and the car was backed in. Maybe he figured even IF someone found him alive, he would play the worried dad and just be all 'OMG I forgot my son... Thank goodness he's alive!' However, I think he really did everything that he could to keep the odds in his favor (and against his precious little boy.) The amount of thought put into it makes me sick. And then for that creep to kiss his son - it makes me sick. At least he's away from those two lunatics now - sad as it may be to say that. :(

Do you have a link for this? I did not hear it mentioned. I think there would have been huge headlines about the email if this was the case.

There was a group e-mail sent by the daycare. What it said and whether the defendant read it, we have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro