GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will pull out one of the booster seat and reattach the back, set the straps on the lowest hole and play guinea pig with my kids after they are done lunch. They are 6 and 8 so I will make sure they are willing to play along before I start strapping them in though.

Keep in mind we do not know exactly how Cooper was in the back of the car, he may have been able to wiggle free a bit.

Tried them both harressed in their nautilus. Man I forgot how to put that thing together. My 8 yr old can technically fit the harress, she still meets the requirements, my 6 yr old is exceeds them.
The crotch strap was set the furtherest away it was the right spot for my 8 yr old but under my 6yr olds... figured I would not try the other one since we are dealing with a boy lol. Shoulder strap set at the lowest setting. I did not put the extra padding in which might have made them not able to wiggle as freely as they were able to b/c they had a bit of room on each side. I had them try the chest buckle to see if they could break free. 8 yr old came closest to getting free but no dice, the chest strap was so tight it was hard to open. The leg straps were the thing that was hardest on them ( but to be fair this is one of the recalled crotch buckle seats. We never had issues before and I did not have issues today, so maybe their thumbs are not strong enough) Then I told them they were not allowed to use strength to get out but they could wiggle. They were able to just wiggle their shoulders out of the straps and then pull arms out but then they were not able to get out the leg straps. I let them try to unbuckle chest strap again. My 8yr old was able to break free from the chest buckle but legs still stuck but my 6 yr old was still stuck.
Next I pulled the straps up to the highest setting where it should be for my 8yr ( if we still had her harressed) Neither were able to break free by wiggling. 8 yr old able to unbunkle the chest the crotch buckle still to hard. 6 yr old was still stuck b/c it was so tight on him still.

The buckles always were hard to undo if it was tight. That was one way we used to know when we needed to adjust the straps at all.

Hope that makes sense.. neighbors are popping the last of their firecrackers right now and they have my puppies going insane ( running, barking and jumping in my lap ) so my brain is not able to fully function.

ETA: I pulled the straps as tight as I could without hurting my kids so I asked them to be uncomfortable for a bit. I could not slip my pinky between them and the strap.

Wonder if LH mom had mother's intuition that there was something they were not telling her. I know I would be a hysterical wreck and my mother would be in shock if I did not act that way. If LH normally held her emotions in mom maybe would not have said that.

It seems like in all these cases where lack of emotion is brought up, ie Scott Peterson, etc, there is plenty of evidence to conclude that the person is in fact guilty. The lack of emotion is bc they in fact did it OR they are sociopaths. Casey anthony was one of the only cases I recall where lack of emotion was a key part of the case where the jury acquitted and most of America disbelieved that jury's verdict and Casey is in effect in her own jail now as she cannot leave her house.
I know that my own daughter tends to keep her emotions bottled up. If she had to call me with bad news and managed to relay it calmly, it wouldn't surprise me at all, and I wouldn't think to question her demeanor. Momma can always tell if something's not quite right. IMO

I wonder why the defense concedes the messages are his. I am sure they are but it seems like a stupid defense strategy to concede that now. His pics (face) must be in the messages bc if he used fake pics or even pics of his male anatomy, it would be difficult to tie it to him without more evidence with isp numbers, etc. defense could have said his phone was stolen or he left it out and someone got a hold of it and used this messaging service, or that his phone was hacked. He could have said he left his phone out and maybe a friend pulled a prank and did the messaging. They could at east have raised some objection just to keep the evidence out. It woud likely come in later of course since I am sure LE could prove such a story wrong, but keeping out the sexting evidence would have done wonders as far as his gathering public sympathy. You would think the defense would have done all it could to keep that out or at least make it out to be that he did not do that

That is why I think his picture of his face has to be in those messages

One thing is striking about this case (besides the obvious).

These parents do not appear to be abusive/sadistic. The daycare said when Cooper went to breakfast with Daddy he would be happy etc....

I suspect these two simply lived in their own "alternative little world" in which they shared stuff, and ideas, and at some point the idea of no longer having to care for a baby seemed like a good idea. They likely didn't want him to suffer but....it seemed like the most common and foolproof way.

Then you have RH's mother....after that hearing she curses the JUDGE for not giving bond? She isn't shocked by the details revealed in the hearing, she immediately blames the judge because she didn't get what she wanted and she had to be angry with "someone".

Freaky stuff. The parents may be monsters, but the disturbing part is that they were such "benign" monsters if that makes sense. In some ways a lot like Casey Anthony.

I have heard mentioned again and again about the grandmother. Link please

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

If my husband killed my baby by leaving him in a hot car all day, especially if I knew he was a cheater and a liar, I would rip his face off after kicking him, hitting him and making him bald (LE would need to restrain me), but only AFTER I had been pried away, screaming and crying, from my baby's body.

A few weeks ago, I left my 2 yr old son with my husband for a few hours on a Saturday while I got my hair done. When I came home, my son had horrendous rope burns on the back of his neck. I was fit to be tied. My husband said our dog "clothes-lined him" with the leash while on a walk. I was, and still am, furious at my husband, mostly because most "accidents" are preventable if you're using your brain and attending to your responsibilities.

I spend my life protecting my son. That's our JOB as parents.

Ross is a . I hope he fries in hell after getting the needle on death row. He's the worse kind of evil!

Leanna needs to spend the rest of her life in an institution for the criminally insane, at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way behind as usual....

I believe Stoddard said that she works "out of the home" which means outside of the home, not from the home. Does that make sense?

Going to catch up.

Not necessarily. I know when I used to have a home based office, I have said "I work out of my home", and have heard it said that way before. He easily could have meant that she works from home when he said she "works out of her/the home".

I'm curious as to why he phoned his friends to say he'd be late for the movie, when he left work early, and movie theatre was only a few minutes drive?
Why? Because he KNEW he was going the have to stop somewhere to have his son "discovered" dead.

RH's lack of insight and any kind of reasoning skills makes me wonder if the Pod People got him. :ufo:

Seriously, though, what kind of internal conversations did he have with himself that day?

RH's Brain: Ahhhh, that was good! I'll go ahead and send one last pic of my pecker to that hot teen and then head out to the movie.

Brain: Oh, look at the time! I better let the guys know I'll be running late. Lemme think, half hour or so to look convincingly distraught and deal with the ambulance, so I should make it to the theater a little after 5.

Brain: Okay, am I forgetting anything? Nope, nothing I can think of. Wow, I'm so diabolical – can't wait to see how much money comes in from the crowd sourcing....

I mean no disrespect to poor little Cooper; I'm just amazed at the level of stupidity.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What time did Cooper, the child, and the defendant wake up? Actually get out of bed?

STODDARD: They got out of bed after 7:00.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Where did Leanna, the mother of the child, go that day?

STODDARD: Leanna left for work about 7:15 this morning.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

I am pretty sure that her office was home based, but that doesn't mean she was always there... just that she didn't have a physical office location outside of her home. She likely made either doctor/home/school offsite appointments, but her office location was the home.

But it was a "group" e-mail. I suppose the group could have been the two parents, but that seems unlikely to me. jmo
It could be to the group of parents that had children out that day and everyone is BCC

I typed and posted message, but it doesn't seem to have posted,
I would like to hear about the days leading up to this, where they seen out and about As a family, by who and was anyone acting weird?
Did Cooper attend daycare mon and Tuesday?
LH said Cooper slept in bed with his parents last couple of nights, was this normal, was he I'll, scared etc?
Where the friends that RH had lunch with that day, the same friends he was going to meet at 5pm at the cinema?

Any email from the day care should have triggered his brain, Imo, whether he opened it or not.

That's what I thought when the detective said that. To me, when someone says, "I work out of my home," it means that his or her home is their headquarters or "base of operation." May just be a regional colloquialism.

On another note, I wonder if RH would confidently allow a trial to go forward because of his narcissism and unawareness of how all of this appears to others. Even if prosecutors tell him of the overwhelming evidence that a jury trial would showcase, would RH still think, "Go ahead. I can sway them with my good looks (ugh!), charm, and tears on cue"?

I'm used to hearing he or she works OUTSIDE the home. Very confusing...

Yes, working outside the home would mean she had an office outside of the home. Works out of the home, in many cases means her office is in her home.

When LH arrived at daycare and upon finding out that Ross didn't drop Cooper off that morning, rather than "Ross must have left him in the car", why didn't she say "I just heard from him not too long ago and he asked when I was going to pick up his little buddy"? That to me is the key piece that tells me she was in on all of this. SO much doesn't make sense, and we are likely going to have to wait a year or longer to get answers on a lot of this.

Pleas know many times when I throw out a possible explanation for an odd behavior it is simply my need to play devil's advocate. I find that comment extremely odd and cannot envison myself saying it. Unless maybe I was a resentful wife of an NPD whose life was expected to be devoted to propping up a big man with LMS. I might then see me saying something like that sarcastically in resentment. Mr. Big stuff telling people to lawyer up and refuse breathalysers thought he was too smart to take his own advice and now hes gone and implicated himself.

Again, just sort of tossing things around in my own head trying to figure out where I sit with LH and her involvement level.

I really do understand, tlcya. I do the same thing. I always twist and turn things around to see another avenue, reason, angle. I love that it happens here because it makes me think of all possible scenarios. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx