GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know, but if there was some doubt as to whether they were his, it would be just enough to maybe keep the pics out of the preliminary hearing. The judge would not have wanted the hearing to be about whose pics they were or were not. Also, in order for the prosecution to prove they were his, they would have needed to get pics of his privates, etc. it would have been a mess and it would have taken time. The defense seems like they made it too easy for the prosecution to use those pics

It just seems stupid of the defense not to try more to keep those pics out bc I think without those pics, this story would not have blown up like it did. It really shows him as a cold callous person and is really tainting the jury pool. Of course, I think he is a cold callous person and I am glad the pics were shown; it just seems like it was not a wise defense move to concede those pics so early in and let the story be about those pics (almost every news story is now about the sexting dad).

As I said earlier, I don't believe the defense even knew about the pix. You can be sure that whoever represents him at trial will be trying to find a way to keep the sexting out of the trial as irrelevant. Judge Cox felt they were relevant because he was sexting while poor Cooper was suffering one of the most excruciating deaths possible. Let's hope the trial judge thinks the same way.

Also, I don't think there is any discovery procedure for a probable cause hearing such as this. That comes after the indictment.

Let's also consider that JRH may be charged for the sexting with the 16-17 year old. I feel that the analysis of his phone is nowhere near complete at this point. Who knows if there were other minors he sexted earlier on?

This is just another example of his lack of brains. Did he think LE wouldn't seize his phone, computers, etc.? Did he even consider that he might be arrested the same day and not have time to carefully wipe his hard drives? It wouldn't surprise me if LE finds other searches going back quite a while on news articles about children dying in hot cars. Did he see that many parents get lots of sympathy?

He opened a whole can of worms all by himself!

When LH arrived at daycare and upon finding out that Ross didn't drop Cooper off that morning, rather than "Ross must have left him in the car", why didn't she say "I just heard from him not too long ago and he asked when I was going to pick up his little buddy"? That to me is the key piece that tells me she was in on all of this. SO much doesn't make sense, and we are likely going to have to wait a year or longer to get answers on a lot of this.

Do I remember correctly that Stoddard said she didn't respond to this text? If they can verify that the text was sent and she saw it, this is a very, very good point, imo.

Just one quick comment. My friend is a registered dietitian in our state. (She was required to have a Masters Degree FYI)
She worked from home but went once every so often to the different sites she worked with. For example she did some nursing homes and she went once every two weeks to each one to check on things and set up new menu's for those that needed them and things such as this.
She also worked for a surgeons office and had a once a month seminar that she gave.
So maybe LH did things as this.

As I said earlier, I don't believe the defense even knew about the pix. You can be sure that whoever represents him at trial will be trying to find a way to keep the sexting out of the trial as irrelevant. Judge Cox felt they were relevant because he was sexting while poor Cooper was suffering one of the most excruciating deaths possible. Let's hope the trial judge thinks the same way.

Also, I don't think there is any discovery procedure for a probable cause hearing such as this. That comes after the indictment.

Let's also consider that JRH may be charged for the sexting with the 16-17 year old. I feel that the analysis of his phone is nowhere near complete at this point. Who knows if there were other minors he sexted earlier on?

This is just another example of his lack of brains. Did he think LE wouldn't seize his phone, computers, etc.? Did he even consider that he might be arrested the same day and not have time to carefully wipe his hard drives? It wouldn't surprise me if LE finds other searches going back quite a while on news articles about children dying in hot cars. Did he see that many parents get lots of sympathy?

He opened a whole can of worms all by himself!

I think they're going to have a very hard time getting the sexting in at trial unless he was doing it between Chik-Fil-A and getting to work. Otherwise, the argument will be that it's no more distracting than being at work or doing anything else, really. That's what the defense lawyer was setting up, imo, and I think he has a pretty good chance of excluding it. Not that it matters, since the entire country knows about it now.

Do I remember correctly that Stoddard said she didn't respond to this text? If they can verify that the text was sent and she saw it, this is a very, very good point, imo.

I believe that is correct, I haven't heard that she responded... he sent that text, IIRC at 3:16

I was wondering if the reason he went to work late and left early was to minimize the risk of anyone in the parking lot hearing Cooper's cries. We know the baby was not sedated because of his face scratches and head abrasions. So there was a risk that someone might hear the baby. By arriving late, after the other workers had entered the building, and leaving early, before everyone leaves for home, he reduced the chance of an accidental discovery. That way, there would only be the risk of a worker leaving for an appointment or emergency or something.

I still think he was very cocky to presume that little Cooper wouldn't scream and cry and alert someone passing by.
When RH came back from lunch he got his friends to drop him at his car, he can't of known what scene he would arrive to, as someone could have spotted Cooper and alerted LE.
Or was he hoping that's what would happen?

There were no texts between RH and LH that day. I am re-watching the hearing here....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9u--A2TwZg

Yes, that's right. It must've been some other form of electronic communication like an IM or something? In any case, do you remember whether they said she responded to it?

eta: I "think" that's right. But not sure. Or, by "between," do you just mean she didn't respond?

I believe that is correct, I haven't heard that she responded... he sent that text, IIRC at 3:16

So another poster is listening to the hearing and saying it was not a text. Was it something else like IM...or is Stoddard inconsistent on that? Anyone?

I still think he was very cocky to presume that little Cooper wouldn't scream and cry and alert someone passing by.
When RH came back from lunch he got his friends to drop him at his car, he can't of known what scene he would arrive to, as someone could have spotted Cooper and alerted LE.
Or was he hoping that's what would happen?
The problem with someone else discovering Cooper is that if someone discovered him before he died, Ross would be stuck with a brain-injured child for the rest of his life. Not Ross's goal.

Yes, that's right. It must've been some other form of electronic communication like an IM or something? In any case, do you remember whether they said she responded to it?

Still listening, don't think that has been clarified yet. I'll go back and check later and let ya know.

No, but there was a one minute phone call from Ross to Leanna at 4:00 to say, "I checked him at lunch. The deed is done. Proceed as planned."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is my suspicion that the one-minute phone call went something like this.

So another poster is listening to the hearing and saying it was not a text. Was it something else like IM...or is Stoddard inconsistent on that? Anyone?

There was an inconsistency, I remember thinking that when watching it. But he was also being rushed I believe by the Judge and all of Kilgore's objections.

The problem with someone else discovering Cooper is that if someone discovered him before he died, Ross would be stuck with a brain-injured child for the rest of his life. Not Ross's goal.

Exactly. Most likely, that's why Ross left him for another few hours after checking on him at lunchtime- just to make sure.

I just listened to that part. The did not find that text on his phone texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties