GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone recently posted that a dog died from heat inside a PD car when he was a dispatcher.
Could they have heard about this little girl?
same story... almost

11 months before Cooper's death...on July 18, 2013 in Alabama. Mom had trouble getting pregnant and told her mother she had a feeling something bad was
gonna happen...
Charges were dropped against mom May 28, 2014
puzyby8y.jpg

"Ella, was discovered by her mother about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, still strapped in her car seat in the locked Lexus parked outside the family's Genesis Nail Spa. The temperature outside was about 90 degrees"

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/mother_of_baby_left_in_locked.html

I left my cell phone charging in my Excursion while we were at the river a few days ago. It was 90 ish outside. When I came to check on it, my phone said that it refused to charge because it had reached 117 degrees. In an HOUR. In Oregon.

As far as opening windows etc. goes, I usually open my door, start my car and a/c and let it run for a minute or so and then get in. I almost never open the windows because my lungs can't handle the excess humidity or pollen. I've never really spent any time in extreme dry heat, but my mother made a comparison for me. It's not unusual for it to be 90-100+ with 90-100% humidity here in the summer.She visited my sister in NSW one summer, and it was 119 with low humidity the day she left for home. She thought the heat there was more easily tolerated than it was here. Nothing to do with anything, but thought I'd add that it was 119 degrees there when she left and -20 degrees here when she got home. I really don't know which would be worse for me these days.

By the way, even if he did find a way to cool the car off remotely or whatever, there's no way I could drive that far with the smell they say was in there.

I totally agree - forget the heat! He had to notice the smell AND had to know what it was......the detective said the odor was still there after several hours with the door/s being open etc.

Could they have heard about this little girl?
same story... almost

11 months before Cooper's death...on July 18, 2013 in Alabama. Mom had trouble getting pregnant and told her mother she had a feeling something bad was
gonna happen...
Charges were dropped against mom May 28, 2014

puzyby8y.jpg

"Ella, was discovered by her mother about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, still strapped in her car seat in the locked Lexus parked outside the family's Genesis Nail Spa. The temperature outside was about 90 degrees"

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/mother_of_baby_left_in_locked.html
BBM
It does seem like quite a coincidence that this happened about 2 weeks after the charges were dropped.

RANCH---I found this lawyers blog but haven't read through it all yet. In part it says,
http://westgeorgialawyerblog.com/?p=284. and
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/display/20112012/HB/711

JLSChook,
Thanks for link to GA legislative history.

Short version, re this case, imo:
Looks like, despite traditional spousal privilege,
wife could be compelled to "give evidence against" husband as to
"only the specific act as to which the spouse is charged"
when charged w "a crime against the person of a child under the age of 18."
Ditto, husband testifying against wife.

Hmmm.
Does this mean wife could be compelled to testify only about events of that day?
And their discussions about car seat injury and death?

Long version - actual statute - at link:
Current VersionOpen Current Version in New Window
(may need to click on Chook's link, then click on the above to open pdf file.)

Sorry if this has already been discussed, behind on reading this thread.

Where I'm from "works out of the home" means that person works from the home. Whatever that's worth.

In parts of GA, it is a politically correct term- as some housewives and stay at home moms get offended if it seems someone is saying they don't work while "in the home"....

Thank you for the brevity... I think I needed this. Made me smile!

Yes, same here! Never realized saying "roll" the window down wouldn't make sense to today's youth!
:)

I really think he was hoping or planning on LH arriving at the daycare earlier than she did. Maybe she got stuck in a meeting or with a dialysis patient, or traffic. Something messed up his plan. His chatbox message asking her when she was picking Cooper up should have reminded him if this was accidental. There is reason he called his friends to tell them he would be late, but left work early. I think he was in a panic when it didn't go as planned. KWIM?

To be honest, this entire A/C vs rolling down windows first convo is cracking me right up for some reason. I must be more tired than I thought. :giggle:

SO I come back after 1 day and have 45 pages to catch up on between the last thread and this one! :scared:. May as well just jump in here. My method is to open the windows a couple of inches to let out some of the hot air immediately, and open the back side windows and turn on the AC with the fan on high so it pushes the hot air out the open back windows. Works pretty good.

On topic- anything new?

I just had a thought. (It's okay, don't be skeered)

Remember when the defendant was on the phone while someone else was giving Cooper CPR?

If he had the phone on his left ear (since he's deaf in his right :rolleyes: ), how could he hear LE tell him to get off the phone?

was it reported what ear the phone was held against?

I am trying to imagine how a conversation about killing the baby could transpire between a husband and wife. If either one was sane, it would end in a huge argument, a call to the police, a call to an attorney to fight for custody, or all three.

Indeed it is more often the case that one spouse murders, then the other spouse may join in after the fact to help cover it. I cannot think of any case where husband and wife premeditated before hand to kill their own child.

Bit behind in the thread, but with regard to RH leaving the car windows up as he drove away from work ...

I don’t know about anywhere else, but most of us here in very hot Australia open our windows (or leave our door open) as soon as we get in the car, and as we are turning on the a/c. It allows the hot air to escape, and then the windows go back up after a few minutes - usually once we are on the road - and the car starts to cool down.

We don’t even have to have a rank odour in the car to do it … we do it because it is bloody HOT in the car.

Pretty much this what I do most of the year here in Florida, vent the hot air when I first get in and start engine, once we're moving and the A/C actually starts "cooling" windows go back up if the in-car temperature is tolerable by then. My B/F has lived here for a couple years but still has not grown very tolerant of the Florida heat/humidity.

No, I don't think it was. Wouldn't it be something if a video got him with the phone against his right ear?

I wonder if LE's dash cams caught him yapping away and shaking the tree branches.

No, I don't think it was. Wouldn't it be something if a video got him with the phone against his right ear?

I sure hope witnesses will be able to verify which ear. I'm sure the officer who told him to get off the phone must know.

Charges dropped against Mrs Luong

In the end, Falls said, justice would not be served in possibly sending the grieving mother to prison.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2014/05/mother_of_baby_who_died_in_car.html

What a beautiful baby.. Only 5 days away from her 1 st bday too. I don't understand though, why they didn't press charges in this case? None?! From the article:
On that day, Luong began talking on her cell phone during the drive and forgot to stop at the babysitter's house. She continued talking on the phone while driving to work. Once at work, she picked up Gabriella's diaper bag and walked into her business while still talking on the phone.

While at work, Luong made several phone calls. At approximately 1:18 p.m., the babysitter called to ask if she was bringing Ella to her house. At that point, Luong realized that she had not taken the child to the babysitter's house, and that she was still in the car.

Ok. She was distracted by the cell phone. Still negligent! And, she Brought the Diaper bag into Work With Her! Hello? Being absent- minded is one thing, but when you bring in the baby bag, set it down, and Nothing Registers? I don't think this was intentional, but it may have caused another baby's death (Cooper) by a psychotic dad/ parents. :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3